As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

1858687888991»

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    if you get a super bow-y character how many shots does it usually take to kill a non-god-tier enemy
    bows are really good in stealth

a little rough in open combat until you pick up some perks (mostly the ones that let you move quickly with the bow drawn and the one that increases draw speed)

Like a Wacom tablet.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i am dizzy and my chest hurts

what if i die D:

My Skyrim character is essentially an axe murderer.

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    if you get a super bow-y character how many shots does it usually take to kill a non-god-tier enemy

Like 1-2 at the most on normal. Chances are you are sneaking around as well, which gives crazy bonuses to your damage.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i mean the main reason i enjoyed playing a nord was that i could just blunder around, block people, and swing my sword

i didn't have to wait for reload times on a bow or mana to regen or cooldowns to pop

i just run around hitting people and there was little to no resource management (except my HP)

hmm

not sure what i wanna do this time around

what if i die D:

We'll probably talk about you in the past tense.

Like instead of "she is the one who writes erotic trollfic" we'll write "she was the one who wrote erotic trollfic."

Also, Pony will sleep with Choco.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Archery is actually super satisfying for me in skyrim. I enjoyed the mechanic a lot more than I thought I would.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    use a different kind of sword

i mean the main reason i enjoyed playing a nord was that i could just blunder around, block people, and swing my sword

i didn't have to wait for reload times on a bow or mana to regen or cooldowns to pop

i just run around hitting people and there was little to no resource management (except my HP)

hmm

How did you kill dragons though? Pain in the ass to take them down without a ranged skill.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

what if i die D:

Like instead of "she is the one who writes erotic trollfic" we'll write "she was the one who wrote erotic trollfic."

Well, duh.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

what if i die D:

mourning wood

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

hmm

Thieves are great fun. Bows get OP pretty quickly though (especially when combined with high stealth).

I hope the next elder scrolls game doesn't stick the player with a destiny to be a savior of the world. I would love to just be a no good gutter trash thief who just lusts for gold, wenches, and tomb robbing.

hmm

How did you kill dragons though? Pain in the ass to take them down without a ranged skill.

There's a nifty trick for that but it's kinda exploitative I guess so I'll spoiler it:
    Summoning a Flame Atronach will lure dragons to the ground.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

hmm

i cheated

what if i die D:

mourning wood

<3

boooo cheating boooooooo

i might need to eat something hrm

I just sort of sat around waiting until the dragon landed, then I sprinted straight to it and like three-hit it with a two-hander. It was tedious.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i used the not cheating method

wait a half hour for the dragon to get off the goddamn roof

alternately: reload and go elsewhere

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Low level archer (no magic) vs dragons = Fuuuck my life. Takes a long time, a lot of healing pots. and something to hide behind.

http://ideasillustrated.com/blog/2012/04/01/visualizing-english-word-origins/

That's pretty interesting. Makes me wonder how much of my lexicon stems from various linguistic strains.

I like my method.

Skyrim was basically a blatant ripoff of Condemned, anyway.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

what if i die D:

mourning wood

fTGkN.gif

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The banality of evil thread is so win.

"I have no evidence to support my claim, but I am correct."

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll play Skyrim.

I mean I wanted to, but it sounds like there's no way it could probably hold my attention for very long.

yGxvf.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Eddy the call rings forth to make a new chat.

@Drez is backup.

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.