As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big [House] in the big house. [SPOILER rules in OP]

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I've used a Neti Pot before.

Fucking hated the feeling.

I did use purified (not distilled) water, at least.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Now, or before this ep?

There's an epic video out there of some dude using one of those things with coffee and alcohol.

Before the episode. Just kinda.... gives me the willies thinking about it.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    The epiphany came when
    Chase mentioned the weird teapot. That combined with the patients former yoga instructor GF caused House to connect the dots to the weird allergy fixing method. Bad shit in the tap water he used ended up being what fucked him up.

I might be slightly off, since I did watch it at 1am before going to sleep.

Regardless, the episode gave me a chance to see Amy Davidson outside of '8 Simple Rules..', so that's kind of a win.

Who was Davidson in the episode?

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The epiphany came when
    Chase mentioned the weird teapot. That combined with the patients former yoga instructor GF caused House to connect the dots to the weird allergy fixing method. Bad shit in the tap water he used ended up being what fucked him up.

Regardless, the episode gave me a chance to see Amy Davidson outside of '8 Simple Rules..', so that's kind of a win.

She was the redhead neighbor of the patient. She was really only in 3 scenes though, sadly. Still damn cute though.

Edit: I fail at editing... it's been months and i still hit quote instead of edit.

Decoy on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Now, or before this ep?

There's an epic video out there of some dude using one of those things with coffee and alcohol.

Before the episode. Just kinda.... gives me the willies thinking about it.
    The epiphany came when

She was the redhead neighbor of the patient. She was really only in 3 scenes though, sadly. Still damn cute though.

Thanks. I didn't recognize her. I agree that she's very cute. An extremely under-rated actress.

Harry Dresden on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Final episode is titled
    "Everybody Dies."

Casting:
    Olivia Wilde casting
    Will not only appear in the final episode, but also the penultimate.

Cameron and Cuddy
    Looks like neither will be making appearance, as neither actress was contacted.

Invisible on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    IMO you should probably spoiler pretty much that entire post. Even knowing casting (or lack of) is a pretty big spoiler.

Either way, not surprising.
    House promising to help 13 die when it comes to it was too obvious of a thing to pass up. I imagine they wrote it thinking it would be a good season ender, and when they decided it would be the series finale they figured they could spin it into something more profound.

So 13 is going to die. I suspect so will someone else, a twist. Probably Wilson. I actually hope not, because that is too obvious.

I'll just go on record in predicting that House will not die; at least not through some unnatural means. Maybe they'll show him dying of old age or something; but he's not going to commit suicide.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That is an excellent finale title.

Better get started on catching up. I am way behind. D:

Oh brilliant
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ugh, I was hoping we were done with

chamberlain on
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Ugh, I was hoping we were done with

I was hoping that too. :(
    I really can't stand Olivia Wilde. I really wish they had gotten Cuddy back for the series finale if they were going to bring anyone back.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
    No!
    Why can't they break House without doing this Wilson? Why can't they just admit their love for each other and ride off into the sunset together?

Also final episode cast spoiler
    Masters(?) is coming back. I think that's her name, the medical student who was part of the team while 13 was gone. Surprised they bothered.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    IMO you should probably spoiler pretty much that entire post. Even knowing casting (or lack of) is a pretty big spoiler.

Either way, not surprising.
    House promising to help 13 die when it comes to it was too obvious of a thing to pass up. I imagine they wrote it thinking it would be a good season ender, and when they decided it would be the series finale they figured they could spin it into something more profound.

So 13 is going to die. I suspect so will someone else, a twist. Probably Wilson. I actually hope not, because that is too obvious.

I'll just go on record in predicting that House will not die; at least not through some unnatural means. Maybe they'll show him dying of old age or something; but he's not going to commit suicide.

I dunno...
    The title might be quite literal. It isn't "13 dies." It's "Everybody Dies".

The series is ending, it won't be picked up again, why not? I can imagine them killing off more than just 13.

• CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    "Everybody Dies"

Sounds like we're going to be treated to Reservoir Dogs 2.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Finale Title Spoiler & Speculation based off last episode:
    I assume it's just a take on House's mantra of "everybody lies."

That being the case, I don't think everyone is going to die, I just think the theme will be dealing with the fact that everyone will eventually die and there is nothing you can do about it (probably presented by House having to accept being unable to save 13 or Wilson).

You know, like that episode of the live-action Tick series where the Tick learns the same life lesson.

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Finale Title Spoiler & Speculation based off last episode:
    I assume it's just a take on House's mantra of "everybody lies."

This.
    I think it just means, that Wilson will be dying and that they can't save him. Just as everybody lies, everbody is also eventually gonna die - and House probably has to come to terms with that. Although we probably won't see how he deals with that after the fact, since there won't be a 9th season.[/quote]

They certainly did go for the long hanging fruit for the finale.

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It was just announced that
    Jennifer Morrison

will be back for the finale.

Also, I guess this was already announced but
    Kal Penn will somehow be back (I guess a dream, or flashback, or something)
    for the finale as well.

Captain Tragedy on
    Regarding the finale title
    The pilot was titled "Everybody Lies." So it's kind of a book end to that.

Though I wouldn't be totally surprised if there is a high body count. 13, Wilson and House being the most likely.

I seriously don't understand why so many people think
    House is going to die. Based on what? Unless there's some freak accident or unforeseen disease, he's not going to die.

He certainly isn't going to kill himself, that would be so un-House that it would be offensive to the audience. He's too proud for that, suicide is too weak. The only times he's ever acted like ending your own life is even remotely valid is when a terminal disease is involved like 13's.

It's too much of a stretch for House to say "well, life is a terminal disease" /wrist and it would be the most ham-fisted thing in the series; which is saying a lot.

13 will die. Maybe Wilson, but that really feels like way too easy and I doubt it too.

Maybe his wife will be hit by a car or killed by ukranian mafia or something. He was so close to giving in to his feelings for her (I haven't seen the most recent episodes, last episode I saw was "Gut Check". Thanks Fox for putting an absurd delay on Hulu!, so maybe something has already happened there already?

Anyway, yeah, I stand by my guess that House isn't going to die. Too easy, too forced. Better to make him live and have to deal with his life, his decisions, and come to grip with it. Suicide is too easy of an out, both for the show and for House himself.

I will be incredibly disappointed if they do that. Not because I need a "happy ending", because I think him living is harder and more profound than suicide. Force him to live with his life.

I agree. Well, short of a heroic sacrifice which is both unlikely and prone to feeling forced.
    I stand by House kills 13 and goes to prison. If not prison and Wilson is dead; House and Russian Bride flee the country. Suicide is out of character for House.

Regarding this weeks episode:
    I actually like the way Chase's and Park's relationship is developing. The make out dream was intentionally cringe worthy, but her cutting one on the elevator to test her theory was hilarious.

edited May 2012
    House and Wilson really are so great together.
    If you're going to say you've always been secretly gay for me; everyone already just kind of assumed it.

Edit:
    OMG that ending. That ending.
    And the preview.

Invisible on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    This has been, hands down, one of the best episodes of this show, period. It should always be the House and Wilson show.

Line of the Night:
    B-9

I need to go back and see what other episodes Laurie directed, see if they are all as good as this one.

And I disagree, the line of night was:
    Wilson: This is how you feel all of the time? It really does suck to be you.

House: At least I don't have cancer.

Blah, got spoilered on current events. Would've liked that to be a surprise. :/

Only other Laurie directed ep I know of is Lockdown. I think most people hated the Cuddy part of that, searching for a missing baby. But there was some good Taub & Foreman stuff, and great House & random patient stuff.

Oh brilliant
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    FASTEST CHEMO RECOVERY EVER!!!!!!!

That said, excellent character episode. Excellent.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    Body and Soul ending
    What what what what what what what what what?!?!?!?!

• RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Excellent episode.

Spoilery thoughts:
    I was so very sure Wilson wasn't going to make it. I thought that the elevator scene leading up to the computer was going to be another fever dream, and that whatever was on his computer was the truth - that it would cut to House putting the AED vest on Wilson, trying in vain to save his friend's life.

Oh God,
    I thought the exact same thing. The moment Wilson started walking to the bathroom until the end I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Given that, the computer ending was a great dissolve of tension in a perfect way. Best episode in a long while.

!
    Excellent episode.

Spoilery thoughts:
    I was so very sure Wilson wasn't going to make it. I thought that the elevator scene leading up to the computer was going to be another fever dream, and that whatever was on his computer was the truth - that it would cut to House putting the AED vest on Wilson, trying in vain to save his friend's life.

Oh God,
    I thought the exact same thing. The moment Wilson started walking to the bathroom until the end I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Given that, the computer ending was a great dissolve of tension in a perfect way. Best episode in a long while.

He's not out of the woods yet.
    Preview for next week's episode has him bald and the team working on him.

Speaking of the team, weren't there rumors of a spin off starting Chase? Chase was looking rather 'in charge' during House's absence.

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    That ending.

Also: Great episode.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Excellent episode.

Spoilery thoughts:

Oh God,

Speaking of the team, weren't there rumors of a spin off starting Chase? Chase was looking rather 'in charge' during House's absence.

I hope not.
    Spin-offs generally suck. I don't think it'd end up working.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote: »
    Excellent episode.

Spoilery thoughts:

Oh God,

I hope not.

Frasier.

We went through the "spin-offs" suck in The Office thread. Turns out there a ton of great and successful spin-offs.

But yeah,
    there were rumors of Chase getting a spin-off. There really hasn't been any concrete info on it actually being considered though.

I hatehatehatehate being a week behind because of hulu and not being able to click on spoilers.

Like the last few House season finales I'm sure I'll just buy the finale on amazon instead of waiting a week and having to do everything in my power to avoid spoilers all over the interwebs.

• MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Line of the Night:
    B-9
    I cheered when he lifted the shotglass, battleshots on House!

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
    Just caught this on a rewatch, but I'm not sure if it was intentional - House is pretty bad with continuity, but;
    there's a quick close up on House, looking like he's havin' a flashback when Wilson's saying he doesn't want to die in an ambulance. Callback to the patient that died in the ambulance at the end of Season 6?

Oh brilliant
    Oh god.
    I'm not surprised, but god damn did that end just make me sad.

I hate cliffhanger endings.
    Wilson: Cancer, misdirect: cancer-free, unknown Wilson becomes patient.

Callback to Kutner and Amber Cutthroat Bitch. I wonder if CTB will appear in a flashback/dream/whatever that Kutner apparently going to.

Chase quits and looks to be starting off in a new location. Rumored spin off looking more and more likely (I'm sure USA will pony up some money).

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Excellent episode.

Spoilery thoughts:

Oh God,

I hope not.

Frasier.

Joey.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac