As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] - Tigers and Angels and Pirates, Oh My!

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    aaaaaaaaand the Angels finally let Bobby Abreu go

took 'em long enough

• TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    Trout and Harper are both up. Everyone get on the hype train!

All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Who do you think will end up as the best fish-named player? Mike Trout or Mike Carp? They both have a lot of work to do to catch Tim Salmon

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    It's time to Trout, yeah, it's time to Trout! I got Trout in two leagues now it's time to Trout!~

Catfish Hunter has a pretty strong lead on fish-named players. In terms of actual names, not nicknames, my money's on Trout.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Where does Johnny "Crab" Evers (of "Tinker to Evers to Chance" fame) fall on this list of oceanic-named players?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Well, Trout can be freshwater, so using oceanic muddies the waters a bit.

I'm really kicking myself for thinking he wouldnt be brought up until july. This is one of the many reasons I am bad at fantasy. Also, I have no fucking idea what to do in the espn league. I don't want to be one of those absentee owner but the situation is so beyond hopeless I'm only updating my team as a courtesy to all the other players.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Good lord. From Keith Olbermann (and verified by twitter fact-checkers):
    Mickey Mantle debuted in NY in an exhibition vs #Dodgers, 1951. Bryce Harper debuts vs Dodgers tonight. Announcer then and now? Vin Scully

Vin Scully, ladies and gentlemen.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    If only Han-Ram knew that he just got traded for Beachy...

• LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Poor guy!

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Gonna be leaving work in a couple minutes so that I can get home and my wife and I can take my 2 1/2 year old son to the Phillies/Cubs game. My wife got tickets through work for the Diamond Club. We're Row 19 behind homeplate. He's going to lose his shit being that close to the field. It's gonna be great.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That's awesome - hope it's a good game.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Gonna be leaving work in a couple minutes so that I can get home and my wife and I can take my 2 1/2 year old son to the Phillies/Cubs game. My wife got tickets through work for the Diamond Club. We're Row 19 behind homeplate. He's going to lose his shit being that close to the field. It's gonna be great.

Love Citizen's Bank Park. It's a great stadium to catch a game at (and soooooo much awesome vegan food). Have fun, (can)man!

Who's the dumbass that thought he took Buchholz off the bench this morning, but actually just left the page sitting there with the lineup change unsubmitted?

it was me =[

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Oh well he ruined it haha.

Thank god! Ryan Braun has ARRIVED!!!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TheCanMan wrote: »

Love Citizen's Bank Park. It's a great stadium to catch a game at (and soooooo much awesome vegan food). Have fun, (can)man!

Well, these were our seats. Awesome.

UpHXw.jpg

And I'm guessing that he had a pretty good time. Awesome'r!
    goDIk.jpg

The biggest problem was leaving. He asked "where'd baseball go" about 732 times during our 45min ride home.

TheCanMan on
  • AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:
    He asked "where'd baseball go" about 732 times
    I do the same thing when Rays games end.

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Fark headline:
    What's the difference between Albert Pujols and a company worth $240 million? The company would have a HR

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Those jokes are fun now and I will continue to make them because when he reverts to the mean (likely in one 3-game series against the M's), it's going to suck.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    I imagine it'll be like Dan Uggla's season last year. Except more awesome.

edited May 2012
    edit: Got a deal done.

As for real baseball: My girlfriend made a "I [verb][noun] and still have as many home runs as Pujols!" joke to her niece whose husband is a huge Angels fan. It went over really well... :)

sanstodo on
    I got plenty of pitchers to trade, but I'd need offense in return, not a couple other pitchers. Shoot me a few offers if you're interested

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    oh SHIT! Sox are signing Mark Prior. Hahahahaha

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Almost halfway to the 2005 Chicago Cubs starting rotation!!

camo_sig2.png
    y2jake215 wrote: »

The only way I see this ending well is if he somehow learned to throw an amazing knuckleball while hanging out in one of the many rehab centers he has frequented over the last 6 years.

First, this is hilarious, awesome, and sad. Instant replay, anyone?

Also, I've decided that I'm not done dealing. I'm still willing to deal Downs plus one of Jackson, Holland, or Vogelsong for a pitching upgrade. If it's trading time, let's do this right :)

• DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular

The only way I see this ending well is if he somehow learned to throw an amazing knuckleball while hanging out in one of the many rehab centers he has frequented over the last 6 years.

poor bastard. I hope he has some more success in the future, he got dealt a terrible hand.

y6GGs3o.gif
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Demerdar wrote: »

poor bastard. I hope he has some more success in the future, he got dealt a terrible hand.

And a terrible elbow, and a terrible shoulder and a...

• DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

Also, I've decided that I'm not done dealing. I'm still willing to deal Downs plus one of Jackson, Holland, or Vogelsong for a pitching upgrade. If it's trading time, let's do this right :)

I think we should start considering instant replay for routine plays. On the stipulation that managers have ONE instant-replay to play for the entire game (barring HR calls) in which they can challenge any umpire ruling (aside from balls and strikes). If the ruling is in the favor of the manager who challenged the play, then the play is reversed and they retain their right to call another instant replay. If they fail the challenge, welp, they just lost all privilege to challenge again.

y6GGs3o.gif
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

I think we should start considering instant replay for routine plays. On the stipulation that managers have ONE instant-replay to play for the entire game (barring HR calls) in which they can challenge any umpire ruling (aside from balls and strikes). If the ruling is in the favor of the manager who challenged the play, then the play is reversed and they retain their right to call another instant replay. If they fail the challenge, welp, they just lost all privilege to challenge again.

Instead of throwing a flag you get up and scream in the ump's face?

steam_sig.png
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Instead of throwing a flag you get up and scream in the ump's face?

That's how you start, but to commit to your instant replay request you have to throw your cap in the dirt and stomp on it.

I just watched the video of that play. The best part is Mattingly pacing around afterwards, looking like he wants to take an angry shit in that ump's locker.

I just watched the video of that play. The best part is Mattingly pacing around afterwards, looking like he wants to take an angry shit in that ump's locker.

The Dodgers announcers were incredulous. It was hilarious listening to them speculating about how far away Helton's foot was from the bag. Good times, made funnier by Jason Giambi's walk-off blast :)

Started two SP in the slowdraft league

got 2.2 and 12 ER from AJ Burnett
    a no-hitter from Jered Weaver

I guess that almost balances out

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Im not going to win too many pitching matchups when both halladay and gollardo get shelled.

Steam
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Yeah, Gallardo is being a putz (not Putz!) this early in a season. We should send him for a timeout to let him think about what he has done.

Eek, that Burnett start might be the worst outing this year.

I kind of expect this out of gallardo, but Doc? He is supposed to carry my WHIP. :(

Steam
    I kind of expect this out of gallardo, but Doc? He is supposed to carry my WHIP. :(

I feel this pain. =[

I feel this pain. =[

Eh, give him at least one bad start a year. He'll be good enough in the others that it doesn't matter.

At least you're not the guy in one of my leagues who owns Crawford, Ellsbury, Longoria, and Youkilis. He's.....um.......not winning........

This discussion has been closed.