As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wii at PAX? Dare we hope for Halo 3?

13»

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I just hope this year I get the d20 in my PAX bag, last year I missed out on that. I didn't even realize there was supposed to be one until it was over.

assuming the bags are anywhere close to the same as last year, of course.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Raiden333 wrote:
    I just hope this year I get the d20 in my PAX bag, last year I missed out on that. I didn't even realize there was supposed to be one until it was over.

Come see me (really tall guy with red hair running the BYOC security/checkin) and ill give you a whole goddamn handful of them.
    I have about 150 of those damn things in my room and I AM SICK OF STEPPING ON THEM ALL THE TIME :evil:

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    BigRed wrote:
    Raiden333 wrote:

Come see me (really tall guy with red hair running the BYOC security/checkin) and ill give you a whole goddamn handful of them.
    I have about 150 of those damn things in my room and I AM SICK OF STEPPING ON THEM ALL THE TIME :evil:

Awesome. I'm guaranteed to see you since I'm bringing my computer. :^:

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    dude, i'll totally take you up on that as well. and i remember you, i started yelling stuff to get a shirt. at least i think that was you. but, we'll see.

Nephirij on
    edited June 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    dude, i'll totally take you up on that as well. and i remember you, i started yelling stuff to get a shirt. at least i think that was you. but, we'll see.

Yup, that was me.

BigRed on
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    if you were yelling stuff to get a shirt Red was the guy. I fear for the virgin ears this year.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    Nephirij wrote:
    if you were yelling stuff to get a shirt Red was the guy. I fear for the virgin ears this year.
    I fear for no one, because if they are at pax, they almost definately dont have virgin ears anyways.

Nephirij on
  • olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Relativiox wrote:
    Relativiox wrote:
    [quote=http://www.xe360.com/article/Halo_3/3450.html]Well no, I didn’t actually hear about it until a MS PR guy told me about it, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Well a funny thing about that, we showed them and flew around in the trailer in real time, we were able to show how light reflects off the space-tether, you could see the expanse of the Forerunner construct and how it goes out for miles, something people don’t know is we had the option to let the press play some multiplayer.

They had the option to let them and I recently read in a bungie weekly update that they used that option.[/quote]

That's what I said in my original post. Unless you have another source, I've never heard of any Press or any other showing of Halo 3 multiplayer. They only showed and allowed the press to manipulate the camera in the Halo 3 trailer to prove that the graphics in the trailer were being rendered in real-time. They haven't shown any gameplay to anyone.

olanmills on
    VmUq7mz.png
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I don't remember where I saw this but I know I saw somewhere that at the press thing across the street the bungie guys actually took control of Master Chief and played multiplayer against each other.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I haven't read the entirety of the thread, but I'd say that the Rev being playable is likely, the 360 having more of a presence could mean GOW multiplayer, and either Halo 3 and SSBM being present is extremely unlikely.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2006
    I don't post here much, but after going to PAX last year, I'm surely going next year as well (I live in Redmond, so the commute isn't that long at all).

Anyways, IGN had some interesting info in their rumor section that might pertain to this:
    Rumor: Leipzig Games Convention to house playable Wii games

Our recommendation: Believe it

The Leipzig Games Convention kicks off this August and we already know of a couple publishers who are planning to show off their Wii games in playable form. In fact, one or more of the games have never been shown in playable form before. At the very least, the show would seem to be on track to showcase a bigger Wii presence than previously suspected.
    So do you believe that we could expect some of these titles to appear at PAX as well? I'm pretty sure that the presence of the Wii is guaranteed, but it would be even better to play some games before much of the media .:P

Unknown User on
  • AulatoriAulatori Registered User new member
    edited July 2006
    I haven't seen anyone mention Gears of War yet - I'd expect to see that before Halo 3 - thoughts?

I'm just almost as excited about getting my hands on that as Halo 3... almost.

Aulatori on
    sig.php?tag=Aulatori
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I've seen GoW and I talked to ny boss who played it at E3, but neither one of us can figure what is so great about this game?

I could care less if they had it there.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Relativiox wrote:
    I've seen GoW and I talked to ny boss who played it at E3, but neither one of us can figure what is so great about this game?

Weird.

I played it at E3 as well and thought it was a blast.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • the doughthe dough Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    BigRed, I tried desperately to obtain one of those sweet glowing AMD wristbands from you but you never caved, claiming that they would be distributed the nights of the concerts, which they never were. Also, you gave one to my friend who offered you a hug in exchange for one, but you granted him the bracelet under the grounds that he not hug you. Perhaps you are also hording hundreds of these sacred gauntlets? Gimme the loot!

the dough on
    edited August 2006
    GeeCee wrote:
    Halo 3 isn't going to come out until late next year.

Can someone explain what "isn't" is all about? I fail to understand it.

Unknown User on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    GeeCee wrote:
    Halo 3 isn't going to come out until late next year.

Can someone explain what "isn't" is all about? I fail to understand it.

"is not".

Basically, it's not going to come out until next year, so I doubt they're ready to have a public playable build.

Legacy on
  • AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    BigRed wrote:
    I will personaly give a prize to the person who is the most hardcore to be first in line.

I feel bad cause in 05 all I gave to the person first in line was a tin of bawls mints.

Sooo tempting. I live less than a mile away, so it would be pretty easy for me. But damn, beating the guy who is coming at 6:30 AM when it doesn't even open up till 2pm. That would be one hell of a long wait in line.

I'll tell you what, I'll show up at 4am if someone is there with the prize, then I'll go home, sleep, and I'll see you all at 1pm! ;o)

Aerophis on
    edited August 2006
    Aerophis wrote:
    BigRed wrote:
    I will personaly give a prize to the person who is the most hardcore to be first in line.

I feel bad cause in 05 all I gave to the person first in line was a tin of bawls mints.

Sooo tempting. I live less than a mile away, so it would be pretty easy for me. But damn, beating the guy who is coming at 6:30 AM when it doesn't even open up till 2pm. That would be one hell of a long wait in line.

I'll tell you what, I'll show up at 4am if someone is there with the prize, then I'll go home, sleep, and I'll see you all at 1pm! ;o)

Ha, even I wont be there at 4am.

Plus im not gonna let people get off that easily, you gotta be hardcore enough to camp out there for a long time.

BigRed on
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Relativiox wrote:

Weird.

I played it at E3 as well and thought it was a blast.

I've had some more time to see it, and while it is no Halo 3, It does look like an alright game. I'll probably pick up the collecters edition.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
    edited August 2006
    the wii is going to be at PAX!..i have proof

Unknown User on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    (in the tones of a spice navigator)

You must... share with us...

Viscountalpha on
    edited August 2006

Lies.

BigRed on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Frankie gave a shout out to PAX in the latest Bungie Weekly Update.

While I'm sure this doesn't bring us any closer to seeing Halo 3 at PAX, it is cool nonetheless.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
    edited August 2006
    well...PAX sai dthat nintendo will have a exhibitior at PAX and u no nintendo....they will bring wii with them...they want as many people to try it out b4 they buy it...so y wouldnt the wii be at PAX! (not good proof but i had a annoucemnet thingy)

Unknown User on
    edited August 2006

What?

Legacy on
    edited August 2006
    u heard me

Unknown User on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    I ain't never heard of What. They speak English in What?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    u heard me

no u

Poorochondriac on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    u heard me

We might have a better time comprehending what you said if you spelled words correctly.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited August 2006
    *gasp* Don't offend mr period or cause question mark to go on a suicidal rampage now people! Xo)

Aerophis on
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I was chatting about BSG to my in at Nintendo, and said its unlikly that the Wii will make a show there. She noted that the DS will have a big presence.

etoychest on
  • lordrrrlordrrr Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    very likely nintendo would bring the wii to pax. it would be embarrasing to them to bring (god forbid) gamecube or GBA demos. if not wii, then at the very least the latest ds games.
    but what do i know ive never been to pax before

lordrrr on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I had hoped to get hands-on time with the Wii at PAX. If this is true, I will be a sad panda.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • lordrrrlordrrr Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    when will we know what will be there. just walk in and see people waving remote controls and then we breathe a sigh of relief? or will gabe and tycho actually announce it a few days before hand?

lordrrr on
    edited August 2006
    Ill bet anyone $10 the wii wont be there :P

BigRed on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    etoychest wrote:
    I was chatting about BSG to my in at Nintendo, and said its unlikly that the Wii will make a show there. She noted that the DS will have a big presence.
    Khaaaaaan!!!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited August 2006
    If someone has somebody from the inside saying it won't be there, then I won't hold my breath.

From a marketing stand point, the more press, the more hype and the more hands on time people get with this thing the better

I think if Nintendo brough Wii they would take PAX by storm and pretty much blow everybody else out of the water.

Aerophis on
    edited August 2006
    lordrrr wrote:
    when will we know what will be there. just walk in and see people waving remote controls and then we breathe a sigh of relief? or will gabe and tycho actually announce it a few days before hand?

We'll probably know it's in there the moment the doors open on the second day. I doubt they'd reveal it beforehand.

Sucks if it isn't though. It'll still be awesome.

Legacy on
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I would love it if Nintendo made mention of the Wii comic.

You know.

VagIna

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean