As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Firefall] Borderlands, Halo, Tribes, and Starship Troopers Had a Baby

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So is the gameplay in pve supposed to revolve upon sitting on a really high mountain to shoot down at the bugs?

Any time I try to actually fight them on the ground for the tutorial missions, they shred me since I have no way to heal, and they can hit me out of midair. The threshers in the thumper core mission will just move below me while I am jetting pretty high above them, and do their tail spin and still hit me for a huge chunk.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The servers that handled the NPC AI in this game have apparently been total shit, so the PvE stuff is largely tuned in accordance with the expectation that their behavior would be really poor.

They've recently done some major upgrades to that hardware and now the AI is snappy and they're still tuned to shoot flies out of the air. I presume there will be adjustments coming down the pike.

Scosglen on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Can you heal yourself as a medic?

camo_sig2.png
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I'm having issues with this game currently. Every time I load in NPCs seem to almost teleport instead of walking or running. Monsters, town guards, random civilians. They all look like they are about to take a step then teleport to their target. Other players run around and jetboot fine, they look fine and smooth, but npcs are messed up. I tried turning the textures all the way down, tried going to the network settings and messing with that, everything I can think of and I still have trouble.

Anyone run into a similar issue and know how to fix it?

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »
    Can you heal yourself as a medic?
    at level 1....
    Alt fire on the heal beam heals you when you heal others.
    Healing wave (1 by default) heals you too.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My kingdom for two measly pieces of basalt. I've spent all night last night and all afternoon today thumping for it and haven't gotten any. I'm two pieces away from a new piece of gear, the game is just taunting me now. Any hints on where I can get some?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I clicked request beta access, confirmed my email, chose a forum name anddd...it took me to the forums. It didn't even tell me I've shown interest in the beta or anything. Anyone know what my chances of getting to try this out are? The site told me absolutely nothing.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    My kingdom for two measly pieces of basalt. I've spent all night last night and all afternoon today thumping for it and haven't gotten any. I'm two pieces away from a new piece of gear, the game is just taunting me now. Any hints on where I can get some?
    If thumping isn't giving you any then you should look into a PVP match or two, they upped the Ore rewards recently to make it a bit more attractive
    Each Map has a specific Ore you can earn.

Ferrite - Moisture Farm (Team Death Match)
    Ferrite - Sunken Harbor (Team Death Match)
    Quartzite - Orbital Comm Tower (Sabotage)
    Bassalt - Blackwater (Harvester)

steam_sig.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    If thumping isn't giving you any then you should look into a PVP match or two, they upped the Ore rewards recently to make it a bit more attractive
    Each Map has a specific Ore you can earn.

Ferrite - Moisture Farm (Team Death Match)
    Ferrite - Sunken Harbor (Team Death Match)
    Quartzite - Orbital Comm Tower (Sabotage)
    Bassalt - Blackwater (Harvester)
    Thanks for the info, now do I have to win to get the ore, or is it just a play reward?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited April 2012
    Actually that I am not sure of, I have only played one PVP match and don't remember if I won or not.
    I believe you get ore if you finish the game, and more for winning. But I could be wrong.
    It wouldn't take too long to test it out I guess.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bah, 45 minutes queued for Harvester and nothing. I'll try again later.

• The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    Make sure you're using the hammer to find the resources you're looking for. It make take some wandering around scanning, but you should be able to find decent spots for most resources.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've got one beta invite left. First come first serve.

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

I'd love it if it's still available.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

I'd love it if it's still available.

Sent.

• spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I clicked request beta access, confirmed my email, chose a forum name anddd...it took me to the forums. It didn't even tell me I've shown interest in the beta or anything. Anyone know what my chances of getting to try this out are? The site told me absolutely nothing.

Signing up for the forums IS how you sign up for the beta.

Your chances of getting in have gone up drastically as of this latest patch. Everyone that was in the beta was given 2 invites. Im sure there are ppl on these forums that are in the beta and would be willing to give some out. (I already gave mine away though... sorry).

steam_sig.png
  • SoktosSoktos Registered User regular
    I would love a code if someone has one to spare!

• MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    Got a beta key last night from a friend and hopped on for a few minutes doing the first quests. Are there any tutorials or guides that would tell me what's currently in place in the beta? Like a crafting system?

MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
    I started a character named Skirlin if anyone wants to do stuff. I'm a level 5 engineer so far. I've been trying to finish this daily quest forever. I can't seem to find any ferrite sites within the starting area.

Muriden wrote: »
    Got a beta key last night from a friend and hopped on for a few minutes doing the first quests. Are there any tutorials or guides that would tell me what's currently in place in the beta? Like a crafting system?

If you do the intro quests, they will (kind of) lead you through some beginning crafting. It was a little rough, but it was enough to help me figure things out.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Can i preemptively dibs the next in invite since our big list fell apart?

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Next two people to PM me their E-mail address will get invites.

• spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    The starter quests will get you through the basics of crafting and gathering resources and you should end up with a tiny thumper and scan hammer.

The most important thing to know is to get on high ground. Most mobs have difficulty getting to you and you can rain death down on them.

steam_sig.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Got a beta for this today. Have a hard time believing this won't be fully released until next year; I can see a helluva lot of fun to be had here. See, I really detest MMOs. Not because I've got some elitist thing against them, but because they've always got some stupidly tediously roadblock of fun in them.

But Firefall? Game starts, here are some guns. Go kill some things. Oh, and here's a jetpack. Now check out this cool future resort. Want to fight some monsters? Then go shoot some monsters; straight-up shooter combat here, no turn-based or stat-driven stuff where solid hits are actually clean misses. Want to fight a whole bunch of monsters? Yeah, there's an app for that. And it comes from space. Want to switch classes? Then go switch classes; no need to keep separate characters. Custome loadouts? Got that too.

Granted, there are some serious gaps as yet. I was gonna say the enemy selection is limited, but pretty much everything is limited at this point. But hey, it's a beta and a pretty early one at that. What's more important is that I can already see what kinds of great stuff could fill the current gaps. The loot possibilities alone could end up nothing short of staggering. Heck, I even dig the resort setting so much that I actually want the activities advertised on the billboards to be real, actual things. Learn how to make seashell necklaces next Tuesday? Where do I sign up? The idea of a bunch of futuristic killing machine sitting shoulder-to-shoulder in a resort hut and carefully stringing together colorful seashells is just too good to not want it. Also, functional shoreline dance floor and bar. I demand them.

Anyway, I could see playing this game for a loooong time, especially once the core game gets nailed down and the content gets expanded.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Anyone have a beta invite available?

Somehow this fell completely under my radar even though I swear at one point I was recieving emails about it :(

• AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    **That was a lie, they don't want them, so I have one for you, Happy, and one for another person who PMs me.

Also, I'm Antithesis if anyone wants to add me to their friendslist. Gotta love the engineer with the scottish accent.

Antithesis on
  • SvKSvK Registered User regular
    Also, functional shoreline dance floor and bar. I demand them.

I played it at PAX and while ignoring the Chosen invasion I did find a disco dance floor. Also, /dance works.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    SvK wrote: »
    Also, functional shoreline dance floor and bar. I demand them.

I played it at PAX and while ignoring the Chosen invasion I did find a disco dance floor. Also, /dance works.

Whelp, I know what I'm doing when I get home today. Now all I need is a functional "/drink" and a functional "/get hammered and wake up in bug nest".

• zestydeezestydee Registered User regular
    Is this still a viable place to beg for a beta key? Since beta key begging always makes me feel whorish anyway, I'll jut go with it and promise to tickle all of the fancies of the giver.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    zestydee wrote: »
    Is this still a viable place to beg for a beta key? Since beta key begging always makes me feel whorish anyway, I'll jut go with it and promise to tickle all of the fancies of the giver.

Begging accepted and key sent. Or not! Anyone want a key? Taken. Again. Hopefully.

Xeddicus on
  • zestydeezestydee Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    zestydee wrote: »

Begging accepted and key sent.

I've actually already received a key from kindly old kildy. Many thanks to all the glorious keymasters in this thread, I hope you all find your respective gatekeepers so that you may bring about the glorious return of Gozer the Destructor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    I'll take a key if anyone's offering.

steam_sig.png
    Where do I see if I have any keys to give out?

camo_sig2.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »
    Where do I see if I have any keys to give out?

http://beta.firefallthegame.com/invites

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Couldn't get the install to work =(

I'll have to try again when I get home tonight

There isn't a whole lot to this game, but it's awesome nonetheless.

camo_sig2.png
  • kildykildy Registered User regular
    Couldn't get the install to work =(

I'll have to try again when I get home tonight

Neither could I last night. They have a post saying their CDN is having file corruption issues.

• SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    I'll take an invite if people are giving them out.

steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    @sevorak pm me and let me know you still want it and I'll send you a code

I also have 1 other invite, first post after mine to ask for it will get. Don't just pm me as i don't want to get a number of requests.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'd love to try the game out, mind if I get it? :D

Inkyblots on