As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Resonance Memorial Thread

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    [Zee] [(PutDeltaHere) Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [] [] []
    25/25 4/5 0/0 5/5 9/10 0/00/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Coordinator] [Numb] [Trustworthy] [-]
    i: Casual Clothing[/b]

"Not the slightest, I'm afraid, I just nod and smile," Zee replies cheerily. "Between you and me, I was telling the truth earlier. Just looking for something useful to occupy my time. Wasn't quite expecting Mister Ket to be such a psychopath, though. What a shame." He starts heading back towards the foyer.

"Gonna go grab my stuff."

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [Christina Lightning] [λ Yasteb] A: [Jtlkrek] [] []
    28/28 8/10 5/5 10/10 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Action Scientist][Sexy][Resourceful] [Marksmanship]
    i: Combat-ready Lab Coat, Toolkit, Pistol, Tablet PC, Irradiated Hunting Rifle, Jet Pack, Hot Pants

"The general idea is to wash your clothes before they run out, Teless, but whatever. Your the one who suffers, not me."

She follows into his room and leans on a wall.

"My friend here," she gestures at Leo, "has a friend who is thinking of running against Michael. Problem is, Michael's embedded himself in Meridi. Like, his record is as squeaky clean as his plastic shell. So I'm thinkin', there's no way that guy has been totally perfect for 20-some years. Not when he's up to his HUD in politics every day. So we need to find that dirt. Doesn't need to be fancy. Something that'll monitor his main communication--probably his e-mail--would do the trick."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ricky feels flat but I feel like he is slowly coming together. More interaction with people will probably give me a better handle on him.

Gonna have Clyde try to chat up Ricky and newLorenzo sometime, gotta keep the team spirit goin'.

Also I dunno if you're getting bored with this whole zombie hunting segment, seems like your character is having a bit of trouble having things to do due to his initial lack of success with a pistol. Might want to talk to DE?AD after this for some inspiration. Could do a dimgray reveal to find a nice grime-encrusted shotgun or something, vOv.

Though maybe if you just shot it more it'd work. Who knows?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Yeah, I do feel like Ricky doesnt have much use against these zombies. I did think about just unloading a clip into one, but felt that wouldn't do much good. I think I shall try at least.

[Slicky Ricky] [Φ Karsif] A: [Shitrats] [] [ ]
    0/25 5/5 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/10 0/0 6/6 0/0 [4] Auto: On
    [Con Man][Agile][Smooth] [Photographic Reflexes]
    [Shanty Town]

Ricky pulls his revolver out. "If one bullet don't work...keep shootin', right?" He unloads an entire clip into the thing in front of him.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    You need to con the zombies
    convince them you are one of them and perhaps they will take you to their voodoo master

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    trick for some drano

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    They will show you the brown side of the force. Who knows, you may work your way up to being full fledged Shit Lord.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    [RSNC]

[9/25] It starts slowly at first. Low rumblings just below the surface of the planet. Ripples forming in streams. Ocean waves growing larger. Trees swaying wildly.

Then the first cracks appear. Each guitar lick rips a new tear in the crust. Each snare hit spurts molten rock up from the ground, like a blood from a wound. Earthquakes get worse, forming chasms that swallow any buildings that haven't yet fallen over. The cymbal-crashes of the resulting explosions add to the massive build-up of sound that Sokudo is redirecting toward the tower. And slowly but surely it crumbles. The foundation splits in half, compromising the entire structure.

It goes down, and that's when the song changes.

The resulting explosion is massive. Far too large for what Sokudo is causing. Yan, Gin and he can all feel it instantly. Something is ripping through reality; not just altering or breaking it, but wiping it out. Vek, however, has the perfect vantage point to see what's happening. The tower is gone, and in its place is a inky black dot. Spikes are popping out and receding from it rapidly and at random, like a music vizualizer mixed with a black hole. Sometimes it expands massively in size, then immediately seems to flatten itself so much as to be two-dimensional. Two things are certain, though: it is slowly growing larger, and anything it touches simply isn't there anymore. On the bright side, the alien fleet now seems far more concerned with retreating than attacking.

It's at this moment--as Sokudo's symphony is interrupted by the anomaly--that Yan and Gin enter Sims' quarters [93/60] just in time to see Sokudo collapse on the floor, blood streaming from his nose.

"Shit!" Sims shouts, then looks over to Yan and Gin. "He's gone Resonant hasn't he? He's been acting even weirder than usual since he opened that box, but he wouldn't tell me anything."

Once again, Speed is attempting to destroy the universe.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    So am I KOd or out of resonance or what

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    [RSNC](Gin Mei)
    [Graceful Cat (Time) ][Stylish][Hacker]
    [i: Harmonic Mind gi, Explosive shurikens, Clear Goggles, FlexTablet]

Gin pays Soduko no mind. That terrible anomaly is a more pressing concern. He swipes the Magic Box an tries to give the people in Sims room some time.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Once again, Speed is attempting to destroy the universe.
    this will never stop

• Options
    in fairness this time i had no way of knowing better!

• Options

Sorry, I should have been more clear. You're conscious and still in Resonance, just in a really bad shape and finding it hard to concentrate.

Uh....
    Stilts wrote:
    He floats through hallways and doors until he arrives at the core of the tower: a room filled with what he can only assume is computer equipment, all of it hooked into a small, metallic orb in the middle of the room.

Dimensional anomaly captured and preserved. Resonant weapons must unlock and harness. This is your final mission. Destroy the enemy.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Stilts, you're making a rookie gm mistake. You're expecting players to actually remember anything beyond the latest post.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. You're conscious and still in Resonance, just in a really bad shape and finding it hard to concentrate.

Uh....
    Stilts wrote:
    He floats through hallways and doors until he arrives at the core of the tower: a room filled with what he can only assume is computer equipment, all of it hooked into a small, metallic orb in the middle of the room.

Dimensional anomaly captured and preserved. Resonant weapons must unlock and harness. This is your final mission. Destroy the enemy.

to be fair that's somewhat ambiguous!

• Options

Uh....
    Stilts wrote:

to be fair that's somewhat ambiguous!

Ambiguous, yes.

Encouraging you to destroy the entire planet? Not so much.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I dunno everyone else was doing it! I just wanted to fit in!

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    dich started it

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    [RSNC][Asteroid Field] Yan 0
    [Dancing Hummingbird (Space)][Sprightly][Seductive]
    [i: Harmonic Mind Gi, Skimpy Neon Outfit (equipped), Fighting Rods, Breather and Goggles]

"Fuck," Yan manages. She falls forward, warping herself beside Sokudo. She jams her hand against his neck and tries to force a mental link with him, trying to pull the Resonance off of him just enough to allow him to recover, trying to share the burden with him.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    dich started it

well there's your first problem

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    dich is a gentleman and a scholar

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Whoa there, hey now. Lets not get crazy here.

• Options
    what CRAZY

• Options
    edited May 2012
    [RSNC][Sokudo]
    [Crippling Spider (Sound) 1] [Persuasive] [Acrobat]
    [Harmonic Mind Gi, Smokebombs, Bo Staff, Kazoo]

Sokudo slowly pushes himself up, wheezing as his own blood smears on his face.

"I'm not, done, yet."

Getting to his feet, he manages to force a smile, and steals a quick kiss from Sims. "For luck." He does not seem to particularly care that he just got blood all over her.

He feels the hole in space, the absence of sound. Dimensional Anomaly. Unlock and harness. He decides to try one last thing.

Sokudo screws up his eyes, attempting to concentrate through his intense migraine. He turns his newfound power of cosmic vibration upon himself. He shakes, faster and faster, his body... resonating. He attempts to reach through the void that's rending apart the first three dimensions, reach beyond its threshold to the reality beyond reality. He attempts to focus on the dimensional strings that bind and weave together the universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY

And then he attempts to strum them.

I don't remember if I ever actually spent that point and forgot to remove it from my stat line, or if I never used it. If i haven't I'd like to now.

Attempting to "unlock and harness" the dimensional anomaly. That's sort of a vague command so I am kind of responding with a vague action i hope that's okay?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    also preemptive

Kittans_death.jpg

"So this is Resonant power, huh? Not bad, not bad at all"

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    The longest attack in recorded history

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options

@Dichotomy also hasn't posted in Resonance in a while...

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    He posted those two huge posts in one post

He's all tuckered out

• Options
    He posted those two huge posts in one post

He's all tuckered out

Yeah, I know, but this is it.

This is the end, and it came much sooner than even I expected.

Gonna be honest, I was sort of hoping that Sokudo would fail his second attempt to rip the planet apart, because Sims was going to give you experimental nanosuits so you could essentially HALO-jump a planet to infiltrate the tower.

But this pretty rad, too.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I've liked to karate chop some more alien but this is pretty great

• Options
    One of the scenes I had in my head since the beginning of the game was a team of monks just falling through the atmosphere.

Space monks darting around, dodging and deflecting enemy fire, flinging ships into each other.

Gravity monks surrounding themselves with such a strong distortion that they can use their own bodies to pierce right through ships.

Electric monks shaving off bits of their own nanosuit to use as ammunition for a finger-snap railgun.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

Dichotomy also hasn't posted in Resonance in a while...

look I just pulled off a spirit bomb kamehameha

what more is there to do

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Wait

Space and gravity and electric monks what

How long have I been out

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

I coulda made a railgun

why didn't I make a railgun

argh

• Options
    Wait

Space and gravity and electric monks what

How long have I been out

Uh...

Those have been a thing since the very beginning.

DE?AD is playing a space monk. Kro was playing a gravity monk (and was doing pretty damn well, I might add). Shabooty is playing an electric monk.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    God I fucking suck

I don't remember that at all

Ugh

I feel horrible that I don't remember any of that

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed Jin too. Just couldn't keep up with all the stuff on my plate. I think 1 game is my limit.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I'm probably not going to be playing, or even around that much after the 21st and until late june. I'll be on an island off Australia studying the great barrier reef. Depends on their wifi.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    using 11th dimensional strings as a guitar to play freebird has been my primary Resonance Plan since the very start of the game

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.