As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] We just want to unleash some Butchers!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    N3mo spoiler from BOLS:
    Artificer General Nemo - Cygnar Epic Warcaster

Lightning Strike [1x] (None) RNG: Ctrl ROF: 1 AOE: - POW: 10
    Damage Type: Electricity
    Lightning Generator - When a model is hit with this weapon, lightning arcs from that model to d3 consecutive additional models.
    The lightning arcs to the nearest model it has not already arced to within 4˝ of the last model it arced to, ignoring this model.
    Each model the lightning arcs to suffers a POW 10 electrical damage roll.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dino-czar wrote: »
    Okay, I'm just going to ask: Is anyone here Quindraco from the Privateer main boards?

If so, you should know that I don't think your friends actually like you.

If no, am I right in thinking that no one actually likes that guy?

I'm not sure this is the best way to inspire a confession.

That said, most of the people who are here from PP either use the same name or have told us their PP name, so there's really no reason to assume he's here.

admanb on
  • Dino-czarDino-czar 2 cool 2 be 4gottenRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

I'm not sure this is the best way to inspire a confession.

That said, most of the people who are here from PP either use the same name or have told us their PP name, so there's really no reason to assume he's here.

True enough. I just don't like that guy and didn't want make a thing of it on the PP forums. But I didn't want to be all circumspect about it here either.

Anyway, I'm done being catty. That 3nemo mechanic for the gun huh? How about highly variable range stats?

It's weird. I wonder if his helper has a CTRL-extending mechanic.

A range 14 D3 bounce gun is pretty solid. Though since he's likely RAT5 it could end up being useless if he has no special boosting mechanic (3d6+5 isn't enough to reliably hit DEF15+, the primary target of POW10s) or a compelling reason to take Rangers. Ultimately it will be nearly irrelevant to his overall value, but as a small boost it's better than either of the other Nemos.

admanb wrote: »
    It's weird. I wonder if his helper has a CTRL-extending mechanic.

A range 14 D3 bounce gun is pretty solid. Though since he's likely RAT5 it could end up being useless if he has no special boosting mechanic (3d6+5 isn't enough to reliably hit DEF15+, the primary target of POW10s) or a compelling reason to take Rangers. Ultimately it will be nearly irrelevant to his overall value, but as a small boost it's better than either of the other Nemos.

Well, there *is* Superconduction on the Storm Strider for that +2 to hit that he can use.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I feel like if a Storm Strider is within 5" of a model that can be killed by POW10s and said model is still alive, you've done something wrong.

But I agree that there's potential synergy there. Rangers could do it too, but there need to be compelling reasons in his feat/spell list to take either of those.

If Nemo nouveau has nothing else going for him but heavy warjack support (unlikely, but possible) I'd be happy to run a Storm Strider alongside this gun and let that be my infantry control.

Maybe.

• kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    Nemo's new gun is certainly pretty cool, but any meaningful analysis will have to wait until we know more about his mechanics. Nemo has always been a model with a significant number of special rules, and I don't expect his newest incarnation to be any different.

On another subject, does anyone here play much ret? I know that they have some powerful gimmick lists, and great stats on their infantry, but I'm not sure how the faction as a whole comes together. As a Cygnar player I certainly envy ret's high powered shooting and good screening infantry. A friend of mine was thinking of picking them up, but he opted for legion instead.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Not sure how Ossyrian's changed it up, but Retribution is pretty terrible at directly buffing its units beyond a token armor buff from Vyros, a boosted-to-hit feat from Ravyn, and stuff like that. Their units have great stats out of necessity, but they ride the line of "Oh god we'd be REALLY AWESOME if we had just a bit more RAT!". At least they cover a lot of bases with their unit diversity. Their house Shyeel Myrmidons are pretty nice and have a cool force field gimmick, though their accuracy is a bit on the shittier side. Supposedly the new Vyre models are badass, but I have yet to hear much from them.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    Ret accuracy blows. Ret damage is actually quite high. If you can find ways to compensate for low accuracy (knock down is becoming the big one, but Rayven's feat is the most famous) you're in the money.

And do not buy into the myth that Ret jacks are fragile. It is utter crap, especially when you should be maxing out FA on arcanists (the mechanic, powerbooster, +2 damage guys) ALWAYS.

Are Invictors and Halberdiers as awesome as they seem? They both seem to solve the accuracy issues while retaining high damage output.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Yes, they're both amazing.

Halbs and Invictors are both crazy good. I personally lean towards Sentinels, but thats mostly because after playing Cygnar forever I really want a melee unit that can kick some asses in. If I were at all objective about things I'd probably admit that Halberdiers do roughly the same job for cheaper and that Invictors are so crazy versatile that they just work with every warcaster, regardless of buffs.

But I just can't get over rolling a ton of dice and going "Hur hur hur" as my elfs rip shit up on the charge.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Offer still stands on this amazing unit of Ogrun Assault Corps. Surely there's a Rhulic/Merc player in this thread who'd love to use 'em.

makosig.jpg
  • CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    Ret is great and I really want them to be my next faction. I bought a squad of sentinels, have 4 of the casters, 2 arcanists and some other assorted stuff. But legion keeps demanding my monies and I can't stop spending on them! Ret has some hard matchups, they have some cool rules, they have good defense and can hit hard. But they tend to die pretty easily and that ruins it for alot of people. I dunno why really, since my Legion beasts also die pretty damn easily (in most lists) and they're as popular as ever.

But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    I would just like to say that Nemo Nouveau is definitely what I am calling him now

edited May 2012
    Epicest Nemo. Kinda wish they'd start making epics out of our other stuff, though, like Siege...

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    I know they say that an Epic version of a caster isnt just a better version, but doesnt that usually seem to be the case?

Another silly question! Im trying to get the most out of my Rangers, and Mark target. Can a model in a unit run if the rest of the unit holds their ground for an aiming bonus?
    Or does the entire unit get the order to run, thus cancelling any other actions?

Witchsight.png
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Not really. For example, pKreoss and eKreoss. Completely different playstyles, completely different synergies and win strategies. Both relatively powerful, but it could be argued pKreoss is a bit better than eKreoss, simply because his feat can be more devastating and easier to apply, and because of a better spell list.

In the case of the Cryx casters, I'd probably say the epics are better than the primes in general, though pDenny and pSkarre are still feared casters, and no one seems to give a damn about either Goreshade. For Cygnar, I certainly see more people playing the epic forms than the prime ones, but it's because the epics are very good at very useful specific things, which may be different what their prime forms are very good at. Khador is pretty split - pButcher and pVlad are very good, possibly more than the epic forms, and both Irusks are viable.

As for the second question, a unit gets the run/charge order, so a single grunt can't run off while his friends shoot.

tzeentchling on
    Yeah, there are a few casters who's epic versions are pretty much always better (like Stryker) but generally it's a playstyle difference.

In case anyone cares, Battlefoam has the Stormwall tray available now. It's apparently a 6.25" tray.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Fuck battlefoam

SJ wrote: »
    Fuck battlefoam
    ?
    They've always been super helpful anytime I've had to deal with them over email or even the phone.

But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    edited May 2012
    yay doublepost
    can't find delete option

Caenem on
    Caenem wrote: »
    SJ wrote: »
    Fuck battlefoam
    ?
    They've always been super helpful anytime I've had to deal with them over email or even the phone.

Or at GenCon. Had bought one of their cases (one of the small C4 cases) from a FLGS a few weeks prior to the show, and the strap broke during. I swung by the booth and asked if they sold replacement ones, and one of the BF guys took the broken strap into the back of the booth and came out with one of the heavier-duty ones for the big mini cases and gave it to me for free.

persona4celestia.jpg
    The owner is a lawsuit-happy prick and I know one person who placed an order that never actually arrived.

That said, I own a Battlefoam bag and it's pretty great.

And KR Multi-case has better foam anyway

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I haven't played since Mk1, but I'm thinking of giving this another try.

Did I read correctly that a decent 25 pt Siege list would look something like this?

Siege
    Defender
    Squire
    Reinholdt
    Jr w/Defender
    Stormguard

If so, I was thinking for a 35 pt list of including Nyss hunters and a GMCA+Stormcaller or pEiryss.

The good news would be that I think I'd only need the squire and reinholdt for the 25 pt list.

That looks reasonable, actually. But I'd probably put the Defender with Siege too. I'm very leery of putting 9 point heavies marshalled to squishy single models, and if you ever need him to actually hurt something in combat I'd prefer to be able to allocate it full focus. The Jr's going to be upkeeping Arcane Shield usually and camping focus to not die.

Ya, that makes good sense, especially since I was thinking that I would be upkeeping Arcane Shield on the Storm Guard since they'd likely be a high priority target, and I'd want to keep Jr from the front line as much as possible.

Once you start breaking into 35+ you should give a hard look at picking up Rangers. Missing is for chumps.

edited May 2012
    At 35 it looks like I could ditch the GMCA and Jr for the Rangers in the 35 pt list, or should I plan on skipping the Nyss for now?

EDIT: A 35 pt list I think I could live with:

Siege
    *Defender
    *Defender
    Squire
    Reinholdt
    Junior
    Rangers
    Stormguard
    Hammerfall HS Gun Corps

Junior AS's the dwarves, Rangers do their thing, which allows Siege, and the Defenders to do their thing, and the Gun Corps is that rock in the middle that will drive people nuts since Siege will be foxholing them so he and the defenders can shoot over. Oh, and Stormguard to make infantry leery of getting too close.

Nobody on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    How do I make a good Khador list out of what I have:

pVlad
    p/eIrusk
    pSorscha

Destroyer
    Juggernaut

6 IFP with Officer and Standard
    some winterguard with officer and standard

Where do I go next?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Great Bears.
    Spriggan.
    Widowmakers.
    4 IFP grunts.

Oh right I also have widowmakers.

I dunno about the spriggan, is that still metal?

Ya. I wouldn't hold my breath for the plastic kit for that one, but it will exist eventually.

Oh yea, I also have a manhunter! Yay.

You should also consider maxing out the Winterguard Infantry, getting a few grenadiers, and Kovnik Joe.

edited May 2012
    Nobody wrote: »
    At 35 it looks like I could ditch the GMCA and Jr for the Rangers in the 35 pt list, or should I plan on skipping the Nyss for now?

Siege
    *Defender
    *Defender
    Squire
    Reinholdt
    Junior
    Rangers
    Stormguard
    Hammerfall HS Gun Corps

Junior AS's the dwarves, Rangers do their thing, which allows Siege, and the Defenders to do their thing, and the Gun Corps is that rock in the middle that will drive people nuts since Siege will be foxholing them so he and the defenders can shoot over. Oh, and Stormguard to make infantry leery of getting too close.

You've got the basics, and you're dodging a bullet by dropping the GMCA, but the Hammerfall Gun Corps isn't particuarly impressive. I'd run:

Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane (*5pts)
    * Defender (9pts)
    * Squire (2pts)
    Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
    * Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
    * * Defender (9pts)
    Rangers (5pts)
    Stormguard (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
    Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (1pts)

Foxhole the Stormguard and use them to stall the enemy's advance. The Marshalled Defender has a threat range of 25" and the other rune shots add utility at a long range. Between the Rangers and Gun Mages, you should be able to handle any infantry, especially on seige's feat turn. That leaves the defenders and Seige to concentrate on heavier targets.

kaorti on
    kaorti wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

Siege
    *Defender
    *Defender
    Squire
    Reinholdt
    Junior
    Rangers
    Stormguard
    Hammerfall HS Gun Corps

You've got the basics, and you're dodging a bullet by dropping the GMCA, but the Hammerfall Gun Corps isn't particuarly impressive. I'd run:

Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane (*5pts)
    * Defender (9pts)
    * Squire (2pts)
    Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
    * Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
    * * Defender (9pts)
    Rangers (5pts)
    Stormguard (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
    Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (1pts)

Foxhole the Stormguard and use them to stall the enemy's advance. The Marshalled Defender has a threat range of 25" and the other rune shots add utility at a long range. Between the Rangers and Gun Mages, you should be able to handle any infantry, especially on seige's feat turn. That leaves the defenders and Seige to concentrate on heavier targets.

I'm not a big fan of the Gun Mage models, but I had forgotten what the UA could do for them with Jack Marshalling, so I think I'll update my purchasing list. Thank You!

This discussion has been closed.