As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New World Order!

13»

• Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Reigner wrote: »
    You're ho-hum JCM.

I think this looks pretty sweet. At least enough to stick with it for about 5 issues or so. :D

No, really, what´s different about it? There´s something called the sale of a concept, and I cant see any of that besides ho-hum teen hero team.

"A hitman with Xray vision who reads minds and only takes out contracts on super-humans". See? Thats unique Garth Ennis concept.

How about this one from image "Vampires only come out at night, what happens when they arrive a town in Alaska where its night for 6 months?"

Or how about "What happens when the wrld´s most powerful being who had written himself out of existence returns to a world that doesnt remember him?"

Heck I can make up something fast-"What if all butlers were members of a secret organization who protect people important to the human race?"

Really, NWO doesnt bring anything new to the table besides the one-year limit, thats why I called it ho-hum, not that I expect an industry that only survives on old IP to always get something right, but I can wish can I?

JCM on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So a bunch of celebrities taken and given powers by the US government and set loose on villains in Hollywood for a year is ho-hum? If Gary Coleman, Chyna, and Romario formed a vigilate group based on their most recognizable traits I'd be loling my face off and a total fanboy! JCM I think you might be a little too jaded.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Based in Los Angeles, California’s THE ORDER is comprised of a carefully selected group of actors, athletes, and models imbued with incredible powers to become the First Super Hero Team of Tomorrow™

Missed the actor bit (models and athletes have been done before, anyone remember Chaykin´s Power&Glory?), so its celebrity heros in Hollywood. Ok, thats a concept, I retract my previous statement.

JCM on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Any book Fraction does gets my money.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg