As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In the close future, there is only war, and spilling drinks on the Citadel.[Mass Effect]

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Sorce wrote: »
    I think EA forgot that the whole "you need a persistent internet connection for games" idea has to work both ways.
    Also, crusader. Not a fan so far.
    A co-worker of mine feels the same way, since apparently the reload takes forever.

"If there's three guys, here, there, and over there (imagine the hand gestures), it's impossible to get all of them."
    "No it's not. Hit them with Charge, they get knocked back, fire the Crusader."
    "But then you have to take a day to reload."
    "Nope. Charge the second guy, knock back, melee, blow Barrier, melee again. No reloading, all dead, no problem."
    "You forgot the third guy."
    "No I didn't. He got taken out by the Asari with the sniper rifle."
    "What?"
    "You know that would happen."
    "Fine."

What, he'd rather spend a day charging up the GPS or reloading the Claymore? Those are both respectable guns, but the Crusader does a shit ton of damage up close or at range, there's no charging involved, and you get more than one shot per reload.

If he's really concerned about reload time, tell him to equip a Carnifex or Paladin as a sidearm.

EDIT: And wait, he seems to be under the impression the Crusader is a one-shot gun. That's not the case.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    you seriously think that the crusader is better than the GPS?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    EDIT: And wait, he seems to be under the impression the Crusader is a one-shot gun. That's not the case.
    And now I get to give him shit for something else.

I have no idea what gun he normally uses. We just happened to be talking about the Commendation packs, and I was saying that I'll probably get an Eagle, because that's the only gun I don't want. Because I'd immediately switch back to Infiltrator if I got a Valiant, and my Krogan Vanguard would love the Crusader. Haven't found a home for my Hurricane yet, but assuming I ever get a Justicar, it'll probably go there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Unlucky wrote: »
    You know what element of the Mass Effect universe I want to see more of

The Volus Dreadnought Kwunu

with its buff Volus version of Captain Kirk
    It even gets its own special picture of its cute li'l Volus markings and green color scheme, so clearly Bioware likes it too

WA_VolusDreadnought.png

the decals look like little Volus faces 8->
    I figured the Turians (Bacause they basically own the Volus) were like "FINE, you can have one of our dreadnaughts. But only one!"

Actually I'm pretty sure it was designed and manufactured by good old Elkoss-Combine. I definitely remember reading that all of its armaments are state of the art Reapertech and can easily match the firepower of other species' older ships.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    it was a joint venture

and the volus basically own the Turians, not the other way around

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Who's the one doing Mom Effect? Speed, is that you?

I just shared it with the lead buyer here at TG and now he's just sending me quotes of things that your mom has said while cackling in his office two doors down.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    you seriously think that the crusader is better than the GPS?

Situationally, yes. It's a good sniper, it does great damage up close or far away, it penetrates cover without a mod, and if you're melee specced (which if you're a Krogan, why the hell wouldn't you be?) you can cover all range bases, and guardians aren't a threat without you needing to add a piercing mod.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    man, I don't know

personally, I think that the GPS is a great sniper that does great damage up close or far way while also being a fair amount lighter than the crusader

based on my own experiences, I would say that the crusader does mediocre damage at all ranges and is hard to use at close range and even harder to use at long range

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Who's the one doing Mom Effect? Speed, is that you?

I just shared it with the lead buyer here at TG and now he's just sending me quotes of things that your mom has said while cackling in his office two doors down.

Haha

• Options
    edited May 2012
    man, I don't know

personally, I think that the GPS is a great sniper that does great damage up close or far way while also being a fair amount lighter than the crusader

based on my own experiences, I would say that the crusader does mediocre damage at all ranges and is hard to use at close range and even harder to use at long range

Nah

When you zoom in, you get a tiny little x on the screen

The slug always goes to the center of the x, no matter what your accuracy is

Really isn't that tough

Also the GPS doesn't go through walls, and it's iffy if the tracking actually works when an enemy is in cover

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Finally got my Commendation Pack.

The game gave me an Eagle.

Oh, joy of joys.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

Oh, joy of joys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLQI8X2R6Y

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    any of you Origin PC players still able to actually play ME3?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Fuck you ME3 I don't need to buy an online pass

I've owned you since before you were released

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Oh, joy of joys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLQI8X2R6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sMDG_bpBAk

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    man, I don't know

statistically, the crusader seems comparable to the saber, but a little worse in most ways

considering the saber is only good but not great, it doesn't seem all that impressive

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    They keep trying to make that backfire component of Sabotage worthwhile, god bless 'em

Surprised they didn't increase the max grenades evolutions for cluster and lift grenades

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Whatev, I'm gonna be over here

Soloing Silver

With my Krogan and his Crusader/Paladin

• Options
    cluster grenades don't really need a buff

they're pretty good as is

• Options
    More to bring them in line since frag and inferno now can have 4 max while poor ol' lift and cluster are at 3

Don't really need to tinker with anything for cluster otherwise

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    lift grenades suuuuuck

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i got whatever the n7 shotgun is

that is one heavy motherfucker and well i don't plan on using it since i have the claymore x on my geth infiltrator and use the wraith for my batarian soldier

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    lift grenades suuuuuck

hahahaha whaaaaat

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    when I used them they were situated squarely on the corner of useless and mediocre

never killed anything, and I never saw them actually lift either

have they been buffed since then

• Options
    They only lift the scrub enemies without armor or shields

They can be handy once you get the hang of tossing them behind a guardian

The best use is probably for setting off biotic explosions

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    that would explain why my kroguard never got much use out of them

biotics are for chumps

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Curving a singularity just so that it manages to swing around a guadian's shield is fucking moneybutter

• Options
    crwth wrote: »

that is one heavy motherfucker and well i don't plan on using it since i have the claymore x on my geth infiltrator and use the wraith for my batarian soldier
    yeah

i think the crusader I's damage is like, two pellets of the claymore x

• Options
    edited May 2012

Give the Crusader a shot. It automatically has armor piercing qualities (freeing up one mod slot, and I always use the damage mod), and unlike other shotguns it doesn't spray its shot everywhere. Just one solid slug dead center of your crosshair every time, which means you can actually snipe with it. The firing rate is better than the Claymore and it holds more than one round at a time, so you don't have to reload every shot. All in all it is pretty badass. It's not a Valiant, but at least it isn't an Eagle.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Elendil wrote: »

yeah

i think the crusader I's damage is like, two pellets of the claymore x

I was sitting across the map on GWG last night with a Crusader

One body shot took down a hunter's shields

The followup headshot (which didn't need a reload) blew its damn head off

joshofalltrades on
  • Options

biotics are for chumps

Krogan vanguards don't have lift grenades

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Kroguards get Barrier, which basically does the same thing as Lift Grenades when it's detonated.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

biotics are for chumps

Yeah, the actual skill they have that is useless to them is Carnage

• Options

biotics are for chumps

whooops

I meant krosent

really the important part of this is the krogan prefix

because if you're krogan, you should be meleeing, regardless of class

• Options

biotics are for chumps

whooops

I meant krosent

really the important part of this is the krogan prefix

because if you're krogan, you should be meleeing, regardless of class

troof

If your krogan isn't going RAARRRRGHHAHAHAHAHA nonstop you are doing it wrong

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Krogan work quite well as a mobile weapons platform

no need to melee, there

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »

no need to melee, there

Wait, I'm sorry, I think I misread the second part of this post.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I just realized that if they keep doing the every-other-weekend event thing, it's going to take ~100 weeks to max out all those weapons

So

I guess we just shouldn't expect to ever do that

Unless they release a pack in the store after people lose interest in ME3 MP that costs 4 billion credits or $20 apiece with exactly one ultra rare

• Options
    Josh, you say that like the N7 weapons are actually any good.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

no need to melee, there

Wait, I'm sorry, I think I misread the second part of this post.

pretend that the widow shoots fists instead of bullets

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.