As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2013 Fitness Group!

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I'm not worried. I don't even count it as a plateau. I sprained my ankle and all my hockey leagues finished. I played hockey once this week for an extended period and I just weighed in at 227.2 (1lb lost). So, I am now debating on bailing on the Avengers at the Movie Tavern on Saturday to play some ice hockey since we aren't doing our usual tomorrow afternoon. I didn't want to see it in 3D anyway.

Don't rush that sprained ankle too fast!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Chorazin wrote: »
    I'm not worried. I don't even count it as a plateau. I sprained my ankle and all my hockey leagues finished. I played hockey once this week for an extended period and I just weighed in at 227.2 (1lb lost). So, I am now debating on bailing on the Avengers at the Movie Tavern on Saturday to play some ice hockey since we aren't doing our usual tomorrow afternoon. I didn't want to see it in 3D anyway.

Don't rush that sprained ankle too fast!

I played a floor hockey game a little over a week after I sprained it. Then a few days later I played in an ice hockey scrimmage. Monday I played in a floor hockey scrimmage, Saturday is an ice hockey scrimmage, Sunday is my first ice hockey game, and Monday is the start of the floor hockey season. :-X

I think it has been almost a month since the sprain, so I am doing fine. I wear a brace during floor hockey and the ice skates are like their own brace since they are so tight. If it hasn't fallen off by now, I think I am safe. I am not letting a stupid sprain ruin my weight loss. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Man, the weighing myself every day using the FitBit Aria is killing me. I know weight fluxuates and my Sunday weight is the only one that really matters, but its disheartening to see my weight go up the past two days for no apparent reason. I just get so angry. :(

Agreed. We have had it two days and I have already decided I am going to weight myself but only look at the numbers once a week.

I thought the same thing, and then I realized that when you log into your dashboard the very top shows the weight you've lost towards your goal. Le sigh.

EDIT: I googled for some info about weight flux, and apparently everyone can flux by up to 5 pounds a day. That actually makes me feel a lot better. I think I'll stick with doing the scale every day, but only my Sunday one will matter.

Really?! That's half of what I have left to lose. Did it say what the causes of the flux were?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Man, the weighing myself every day using the FitBit Aria is killing me. I know weight fluxuates and my Sunday weight is the only one that really matters, but its disheartening to see my weight go up the past two days for no apparent reason. I just get so angry. :(

Agreed. We have had it two days and I have already decided I am going to weight myself but only look at the numbers once a week.

I thought the same thing, and then I realized that when you log into your dashboard the very top shows the weight you've lost towards your goal. Le sigh.

EDIT: I googled for some info about weight flux, and apparently everyone can flux by up to 5 pounds a day. That actually makes me feel a lot better. I think I'll stick with doing the scale every day, but only my Sunday one will matter.

Really?! That's half of what I have left to lose. Did it say what the causes of the flux were?

Sorry, but they basically said "no idea" in all the stuff I read.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    So... I hope you all don't mind, but I joined the group because PAX Prime doesn't have one as of yet! 8-)

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HeyJoe wrote: »
    So... I hope you all don't mind, but I joined the group because PAX Prime doesn't have one as of yet! 8-)

Fuggit, I'ma just remedy that right now.

EDIT: PAX Prime 2012 now has a group. I will be active in both groups but I still wouldn't mind seeing if there can be a challenge between groups. Group.

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    edited May 2012
    Got home from an Urgent Care visit (nothing wrong, I'm all good now) at 8pm last night, ate dinner, and STILL took a walk at night to break 10k steps on my FitBit. BOOYA!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular

EDIT: PAX Prime 2012 now has a group. I will be active in both groups but I still wouldn't mind seeing if there can be a challenge between groups. Group.

Woo awesome! We'll call it Red vs. Blue, I don't think anyone has used that one yet.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
    As it turns out I won't be able to do the diet to 100%. I needs my fruit.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    11k steps at a festival today, fuck yes! Even got to wear my Vibrams the whole day and my feet feel great.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin

Woo awesome! We'll call it Red vs. Blue, I don't think anyone has used that one yet.

East vs West!

Got a good hour and a half of ice hockey in today. Just a scrimmage and messing around. My ankle seemed to hold up with a sock on this time. Hurt a little as I walked to the ice, but my skates were a little too tight. Fixed that and I was good to go. I also trimmed my epic beard into an epic mustache/sideburns for my ice hockey game tomorrow.

Has someone been keeping count on how many times I have said "I need to start DDR/P90X again"? Because I need to start DDR/P90X again. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    West is da best

ah crap thought this was the west thread on accidents. no hating >.>

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Stage one of my first of three moves in 18 months complete. 22k steps today, 40 flights of stairs. Huzzah!

So even though its irritating to see my weight fluctuate when I use the aria everyday, I am loving the BMI function. I have gone down .8% and I feel like I am finally seeing some numbers to go with what I am seeing in the mirror.

So even though its irritating to see my weight fluctuate when I use the aria everyday, I am loving the BMI function. I have gone down .8% and I feel like I am finally seeing some numbers to go with what I am seeing in the mirror.

Up to 5 pounds flux? Oiy. I am happy I don't weigh myself on any other day besides Thursday.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Yes. Turns out eaten food retains its mass inside you, adding to your overall weight. That's why it's important to weigh in at about the same time of the day, to get the most consistent readings.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Stage one of my first of three moves in 18 months complete. 22k steps today, 40 flights of stairs. Huzzah!

That's awesome --- wtg :)

My body is once again not punishing me for poor life decisions. Didn't do much of anything this weekend, polished off a box of thin mints, and still lost a pound. I know I shouldn't be complaining.. but I was secretly hoping it would say I gained one or two to kick my ass back into gear.

Guess I'll have to do the kicking manually.. hopefully that burns a few calories.

Went up .8 lbs this week, but seriously, after 2lbs loss and 3.6lb loss weeks, I expected to bounce back a little bit. Hopfully I'll loose that and more this week!

P.S. I smoked all you suckas in the FitBit PAX group this week by like 12000 steps. RAMP UP YOUR GAME TO STEP TO THIS! ;-P

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    P.S. I smoked all you suckas in the FitBit PAX group this week by like 12000 steps. RAMP UP YOUR GAME TO STEP TO THIS! ;-P

Just wait until I can actually sync.. ;) -- yes, I'm still trying to work with their customer support..

Doing a pedometer challenge at work, at over the last 3 weeks (friday to friday), I've done 94,931, 78,654, and 83,264 steps. I'm already at 27,574 this week, and I reset on friday evening.

*shakes fist* come on, base station.. WORK!

Went up .8 lbs this week, but seriously, after 2lbs loss and 3.6lb loss weeks, I expected to bounce back a little bit. Hopfully I'll loose that and more this week!

LMAO! I missed Zumba this week cause of a team outing but this week.... I'm bringing it! ;)

LMAO! I missed Zumba this week cause of a team outing but this week.... I'm bringing it! ;)

You'll need to bring it hard! I'm in it to win it. :)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    To make my life easier in regards to the "weighing in at the same time every day" I simply do it first thing when I wake up. That way I don't forget and eat first or take a shower and have wet hair (my hair holds a lot of water weight).

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    To make my life easier in regards to the "weighing in at the same time every day" I simply do it first thing when I wake up. That way I don't forget and eat first or take a shower and have wet hair (my hair holds a lot of water weight).

I do the same thing, the only bad thing is it can cause you to start your day off in a very angry mood if the scale isn't nice to you! LOL

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • LimondLimond Registered User regular
    Anyone have any favorite recipes that they want to share?

My current favorite (well only really) is Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.

Super simple to make all you need is
    7 Jalapenos
    4 Oz Cream Cheese
    7 Strips of Bacon

Precook bacon so it is still flexible enough to be wrapped

Cut jalapenos in half and remove stem and seeds
    Insert 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese in each half
    Cut bacon strip in half and wrap around jalapeno

Bake in oven for 20 minute at 350 degrees.

Even a terrible chef like myself made some pretty decent ones my first time, and a really good snack.

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
    So, Kris Gethin has kicked my ass and my soul with this diet. That being said last week I weighed in at 258.4, this week I weighed in at 247.6. Pics to come soon.

Limond wrote: »
    Anyone have any favorite recipes that they want to share?

My current favorite (well only really) is Bacon

That's all I had to read to know you are on a low carb diet. Haha

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited May 2012
    Speaking of food. Hidden Valley's Low Fat Caesar Dressing is fucking amazing. Only 35 calories for 2 tablespoons, and it tastes 99% like regular caesar.

EDIT: Gah double post, meant to edit the one above. Oh well.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited May 2012
    Even a terrible chef like myself made some pretty decent ones my first time, and a really good snack.

And that would be my entire allotment of calories for the day. ;)

adias.angel on
    So, Kris Gethin has kicked my ass and my soul with this diet. That being said last week I weighed in at 258.4, this week I weighed in at 247.6. Pics to come soon.

O_o You have my attention. Wow that is amazing.

• TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    My current favorite (well only really) is Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.

I made these for the Super Bowl. They were AWESOME. I need to be better/more consistent at seed removal though. Some were mild, one made my friend cry.

edited May 2012
    So the album should be here: www.photobucket.com/PAXPayne
    WARNING: Shirtless man.

PayneTrayne on

That just doesn't sound healthy at all...

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin

It is MOSTLY water weight as this is my first week back on a healthy diet.

Is there no justice in this world? New season of floor hockey started tonight. I am on the same team and play on the same line with the guy that busted my ankle a few weeks ago. What?! Ugh. I also almost busted my other ankle twice. Haha.

I only have 5 WW points left for today. Oiy. I think I am going to go over again. I only had two "meals" today and could go for something now since I will be up till 4am as usual. I guess I still have my weekly extra points and fitness points. If I don't lose anything this week, I need to scrap my whole eating pattern and find new things to eat.

bYf6vNQ.png
    edited May 2012

It is MOSTLY water weight as this is my first week back on a healthy diet.

Ah, that makes more sense!
    Is there no justice in this world? New season of floor hockey started tonight. I am on the same team and play on the same line with the guy that busted my ankle a few weeks ago. What?! Ugh. I also almost busted my other ankle twice. Haha.

I only have 5 WW points left for today. Oiy. I think I am going to go over again. I only had two "meals" today and could go for something now since I will be up till 4am as usual. I guess I still have my weekly extra points and fitness points. If I don't lose anything this week, I need to scrap my whole eating pattern and find new things to eat.

It sounds like your eating pattern isn't working if you're up to 4 am every night. Sleeping is when your body heals and digests best, if you're seriously lacking sleep you should also try and adjust that as well.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Has someone been keeping count on how many times I have said "I need to start DDR/P90X again"? Because I need to start DDR/P90X again. Haha.

Man, when I was playing DDR regularly I was in the best shape of my life. Correlation does not equal causation, but it certainly didn't hurt!

vttym wrote: »
    Doing a pedometer challenge at work, at over the last 3 weeks (friday to friday), I've done 94,931, 78,654, and 83,264 steps. I'm already at 27,574 this week, and I reset on friday evening.

Great job! Those are some very good numbers, though at first I skimmed and thought those were single day totals and I was very much o_O

• TryfanTryfan Registered User regular
    TheTinMan wrote: »

Man, when I was playing DDR regularly I was in the best shape of my life. Correlation does not equal causation, but it certainly didn't hurt!

I have a cobalt pad, but I live in an apartment where I can't use it without driving the downstairs neighbour insane. $350 pad + can't use it = sad panda.

There's only one other place in the city I can play DDR, but it's a kid's arcade, and I don't know how I feel working up a sweat there.

PSN/XBL/Twitter: tryfan2k2 3DS: 0645-5860-0116
    Tryfan wrote: »
    TheTinMan wrote: »

I have a cobalt pad, but I live in an apartment where I can't use it without driving the downstairs neighbour insane. $350 pad + can't use it = sad panda.

There's only one other place in the city I can play DDR, but it's a kid's arcade, and I don't know how I feel working up a sweat there.

I have two red octane pads (or whatever they are called...the foam ones). I have had them for forever and love them.

bYf6vNQ.png
    I have two red octane pads (or whatever they are called...the foam ones). I have had them for forever and love them.

Drool...I only had the cheap one you got for $20 and had to duct tape to the floor. I relied on my friends to bring the good stuff. One of them made their own nice pad with a cheap pad, plywood, and thin plastic sheeting.

This discussion has been closed.