As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

ObiFettObiFett Use the ForceAs You WishRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Critical Failures
StarWarsBanner.png
ObiFett's foray into the world of hosting and creating phallas

Scenario

Star Wars

Need more? Fine.

The story takes place in the Star Wars universe around the time of Darth Bane. The Sith are still an Empire but are on the decline. Their last ditch effort to gain control of the Galaxy is to activate their sleeper agents that have infiltrated nearly every level of the Jedi Order and at the same time launch an offensive against a myriad of planets. The Sith hope the disarray that the agents can create in the Order will give them the edge they need to take control of the galaxy.

The Jedi are not new to defending the galaxy, however. They have hundreds of years of training and knowledge about how to defeat the the Sith Empire. They are led by a powerful Council and plenty of Jedi Knights/Padawan teams with the ability to react to any planet that needs their aid.

Game Overview

Genre: Village v Mafia with a heavy dose of interactivity and choice for all. The game was created so that everyone would have something to do and could play a very important part in their side's eventual victory or defeat. At its heart it is still a Phalla game, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia. If this is your first game, it will be informative to visit the linked topic for some background information.

In this game, the majority of players are Jedi trying to root out and cleanse their order of Sith Infiltrators while also preventing the Sith from gaining more power through galactic control. Every player will either be in the Jedi Council OR be part of a Knight/Padawan pairing. Every player will have multiple powers they will need to choose from each night.

Special Mechanics

The Jedi Council

The Jedi Council is immune to the vote. There will always be 10 members of the Jedi Council. The Jedi Council will be dissolved and vulnerable to the vote when there are 20 or less people alive in the Order.

The "Power Vacuum" Rule

Whenever a Council Member dies, a Knight will replace that Council member as chosen by the Council. The Knight then gains Council member powers and loses any previous knight powers.

Whenever a Knight dies, their padawan will take their place. The Padawan gains Knight powers and loses any previous padawan powers.

Planetary Control

The Jedi and Sith will be vying for control of the galaxy's planets. These planets will provide powers to the side that controls it. Each side will have ways to increase their influence (and subsequently decrease their opponent's influence) on a planet. When a side achieves 12 influence on a planet, it is considered to be in control by that side. Think of each planet as having a track: Sith on one side, Jedi on the other. Each point of influence contributed to a planet moves it that many ticks towards the side that contributed the point. 12 points past neutral in either direction is the max any planet can have. When at 12 points of influence towards a side, that side controls it. When a planet is taken by the Jedi, a random Jedi-aligned Knight who helped take control of the planet that night will be given the planet's power to control. When a planet is taken by the Sith, the Sith Infiltrators as a whole will decide how to use its power. A side loses control of a planet when the influence is returned to neutral (0 influence towards either side).

Starting Map Conditions:
GalaxyMap0.png
Planets:
Jedi Controlled Planets:
Coruscant: Seat of Power. Initially under Jedi Control and this power is controlled by and known to the Jedi Council.

Neutral Planets (Full power description will only be given to the Jedi/Sith that get control of the planet.):
Alderaan
Bothuwai
Fondor
Hoth
Nal Hutta
Tatooine

Voting

Due to the rumors of infiltrators in the Jedi Order, there will be regular votes to remove suspected members from the order. Vote for the player who you find most suspicious in bold red. You may retract a vote by posting "!retract vote for <player name>" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or change your vote by making another one in bold red. Do not, under any circumstance, edit a post that has a vote. If an edit is necessary, make a new post instead. The player who receives the most votes will be kicked out of the order and eliminated from the game. Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated, as well as the player that instigated the tie, whether that be due to a vote being placed or a vote being removed. If the vote winner is eliminated before the vote is resolved, there will be no "trickle down".

Voting will close each day at 10PM PDT/MST (1AM EST | 6AM UTC) SHARP; any votes before the hour (x:59) will count, any votes on the hour and later (x:00) will not.

Orders

Every player should have orders to submit and they must be submitted one half-hour before vote close. Due to the way the powers work in this game, all non-sith infiltrator (aka all non-mafia) orders must be submitted through private PM to the host. (preferably using the same conversation you get your role in). Sith Infiltrator (mafia) orders can be submitted on their proboards.

Signing Up

Sign up with the phrase "I !sign up" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or other bright, easily visible color to ensure that your intent to play is acknowledged. Along with your signup, you will need to submit your Jedi name in blue. Anything is allowed.

Sample sign-up:
I !sign up
Novah Lionstar

Signups will be open until Sunday 5/5/2012 until 7pm MST/PDT. Due to high lethality, the game is designed to be played by 50 players and can easily scale to more. Scaling down is a little harder and if we can't get 50 players, I will try my best to scale it down to the amount of people we do have. Day 1 will start Sunday at 10pm MST/PDT and will end on Monday at 10pm MST/PDT

Inactivity

It is expected that players do at least two of the following three things each day to be considered sufficiently active: make at least two posts, make a vote, submit private actions. A warning will be sent on the first day that this requirement is not met, and a replacement will be made on the second consecutive day of inactivity or third day overall. If there are no replacements available, then the player will be eliminated from the game.

Clarifications

Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold darkorange text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Other Rules

Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.

If any players create proboards for private communication or interesting conversations including more than two players, please send links for them to the host.

Questions and Answers

Do the knight/padawan pairings]imply trustworthy masoning or just a pairing?
Pairing does not mean masoning. Pairing is also not "just a pairing". Powers may or may not be dependent upon the actions of your Master/Padawan.

Also while control is a thing this game for powers, is planetary control a victory condition as well? Or is it standard village/mafia elimination?
Planetary control is not a victory condition for the mafia or village, just a source of powers. Planetary control will be used to determine the winner in the case of ties.

Will the mafia be allowed to pick their own secret Sith names (e.g. Darth Examplus)?
yes, and those names will be used in the narration. so they will need to pick wisely

Can low down, dirty sith use pre-existing player names to try and frame people? Ex. Darth Bedlam
I don't see why not

When a planet is taken by the Jedi, a random Knight who helped take control of the planet that night will be given the planet's power to control.
By Knight, here, do you mean Knight as in the Knight/Padawan relationship, or generically jedi? If the former, what happens if no Knight was involved in taking over the planet?
I mean Knight as in Jedi Knight. Aligned with the Jedi.
It is impossible for the Jedi to take a planet without a Knight being there.

What happens if there is a stalemate in the council when members needs to be replaced?
This is an impossibility

If a knight is elected to the council, does the padawan gain the knight's ability?
Yes

Do you want us to include you in Private Messages?
yes please

Thralls, millers, conversions?
By the exact definition of Thralls and Millers, no.
Conversions are extremely limited.

If Jedi die while on a mission, does their mission get completed?
Yes

Does the Knight who gets a planetary power get publicly revealed?[/quote]
No

What order does the narration take place? Namely, if a jedi that is being killed that night is on a mission that is successfully completed, do they have a chance of getting the power from that planet?

If a Jedi-aligned Knight gets a power from a planet takeover and then dies at any point in the future, the power will carry on to a RNG Jedi-aligned Knight chosen from a pool of Knights that were on a mission that night to that planet with the original Knight. If that condition fails, then it will carry on to a RNG Jedi-aligned Knight chosen from a pool of Knights that have ever been on a mission to that planet. If that condition fails, then it will carry on to a RNG Jedi-aligned Knight chosen from all Jedi-aligned Knights. If there are no Knights, no one gets the power.

Initial Sign-ups
1 - Baidol, Perio Veris
2 - jdarksun, Krema Matyr
3 - Alegis, Thraellvi'g Gennsan
4 - MrTLicious, Vitju Mavis
5 - Figgy, Swen Spynar
6 - tzeentchling, Pandora Rose
7 - SeGaTai, Raest
8 - SLyM, Tvet Slyndar
9 - Mr. Mojo Risin, Tacitus
10 - Anialos, Marasha Xiloscient
11- Grunt's Ghosts, Vicus Oman
12 - Schuss, Badevil Goodslayer
13 - REG Rysk, Saphelon De'Armetis
14 - Gaslight, Var Falconer
15 - Retaba, Ket'Brah
16 - SaberOverEasy, Hammer Wilga
17 - Farangu, Murtak Nesh
18 - Bedlam, Wang Visectamus
19 - That Dave Fella, Thafel Fartmaster
20 - vertroue, Damaya Weirn
21 - matev, Ilin Draconis
22 - Cayrus, Wedge Starkiller
23 - Infidel, Vii'let
24 - 38thDoe, ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○
25 - shalmelo, Olem Lahs
26 - kime, Placeholderus
27 - Shiny New Toys, Ado Conrye
28 - Assuran, Flock
29 - Malkor, Peen Rokolu
30 - Ketbra, Ret'brah
31 - I needed a name to post, Harry S. Plinkett
32 - capfalcon, Arron Caballa
33 - The Anonymous, Gree M. D'Arrc
34 - TheRoadVirus, Vashta Nerada
35 - Smoove Operator, Oobedoob Benubi
36 - FecklessRogue, Finnigan Rysoh
37 - Nirya, Captain Lou Albano
38 - warban, gℓιт¢н
39 - 13lasphemer69, Travius Starscream
40 - AkimboLegs, Kado
41 - Kias, Dark Helmet
42 - CaptainPlanet82, Butscratch'A
43 - Rawkking Goodguy, Loane Starr
44 - mascara305, Niav
45 - JABMonkey, Ezlee Seyfert
46 - corvidae, corvus corax
47 - Peccavi, Xzibit
48 - Cythraul, Inactivus
49 - pablo_price, Scoo'taloo
50 - MrBlarney, Long Yu

Reserves:
1 - Nullzone
2 - jackisreal
3 - sportzboytjw

Results

Day 1

shalmelo Padawan Olem Lahs - Put in stasis by the Council
38thDoe Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○ - Put in stasis on the Order's command
FecklessRogue Knight Finnigan Rysoh - Killed in a duel
Baidol Darth Huggles, Apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith - Killed in a duel

Day 2

TheRoadVirus, Vashta Nerada - Put in stasis on the Order's command
REG Rysk Knight Saphelon De'Armetis - Put in stasis by the Council
AkimboLegs Knight Kado - Sword of the Jedi - Killed by order of the Emperor

Day 3

Infidel, Saber Evileight, A Hand of the Emperor - Put in stasis by the Council
corvidae, Knight corvus corax - Put in stasis on the Order's command
Kias, Master Dark Helmet - Killed in a duel
jdarksun, Padawan Krema Matyr - Killed by Mandalorian Bounty Hunters
MrTLicious, Knight Vitju Mavis - Assassinated while meditating
CaptainPlanet82, Padawan Butscratch'A - Killed in a Duel
I needed a name to post, Knight Harry S. Plinkett - Assassinated on a mission

Day 4

vertroue Saber Lotus - Put in stasis by the Order
Farangu Saber Malus - Put in stasis by the Council
capfalcon Lord Nefarious - Killed in a duel
Alegis Master Thraellvi'g Gennsan - Killed by mandalorian bounty hunters
tzeentchling Knight Pandora Rose - Sword of the Jedi - Killed on Order of the Emperor
Cythraul Knight Inactivus - Assassinated while on a mission
That Dave Fella Knight Thafel Fartmaster - Killed in a duel

Day 5

Peccavi Knight Xzibit - Put in stasis by the Order
Malkor Knight Peen Rokolu - Put in stasis by the Council
Shiny New Toys Master Ado Conrye - Killed by Mandalorian bounty hunters
JABMonkey Knight Ezlee Seyfert - Killed by Nikto assassins
SaberOverEasy Master Hammer Wilga - Killed in a duel
Retaba Knight Ket'Brah - Killed by order of the Emperor
SeGaTai Lord IEATYOUNGLINGS - Killed in a duel
Assuran Dark Lord of the Sith Hekatombe - Risen against and found weak
pablo_price Knight Scoo'taloo - Assassinated while on a mission

Day 6

SLyM Master Tvet Slyndar - Killed in a duel
MrBlarney Lord Odium - Killed in a duel
Gaslight Knight Var Falconer - Assassinated while on a mission and Killed by Mandalorian bounty hunters
Smoove Operator Master Oobedoob Benubi - Put in stasis by the Order
Schuss Darth Badevil Goodslayer, Apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith - Killed in a duel
sportzboytjw Knight Gree M. D'Arrc - Killed by order of the Emperor

Day 7

Rawkking Goodguy Darth Mask, Dark Lord of the Sith - Put in stasis by the Order
warban Master gℓιт¢н - Killed by Mandalorian bounty hunters
Figgy Lord Brooks - Killed in a duel
Mr. Mojo Risin Knight Tacitus, The Last Sword of the Jedi - Killed in a duel
mascara305 Darth Princess - Killed in a duel

Day 8

l3lasphemer69 Master Travius Starscream - Put in stasis by the Order
matev Master Ilin Draconis - Killed in a duel
Bedlam Knight Wang Visectamus - Killed by order of the Emperor
Grunt's Ghosts Knight Vicus Oman - Killed by Mandalorian bounty hunters
Cayrus Knight Wedge Starkiller - Assassinated while on a mission

Sith Empire Wins
Kime Saber Amphibious
Nirya Lord Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Narrations
Day 0 - A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Day 1 - Named must your fear be before banish it you can
Day 2 - Insignificant next to the potential of the Force
Day 3 - Earned it I have
Day 4 - Always in motion is the future
Day 5 - Revenge of the Sith
Day 6 - Scattered
Day 7 - Hate leads to suffering
Day 8 - Give in to the Power of the Dark Side

ObiFett on

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    !I have the high ground
    Perio Veris

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    If the game is going up sunday at the earliest, I'd like to sign up (I'm gone for the week-end)

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    !Much suffering missing this Phalla would bring..

Vitju Mavis

MrTLicious on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Sign me up!
    Swen Spynar

Yeah, that's right. Wicked Jedi name.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Signup!
    Pandora Rose. The internet meme on making your Jedi name is stupid, so I went with the internet meme drag name instead.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So signing up for this
    Raest

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I like games
    Tvet Slyndar

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    First couple day or two might be tricky due to moving but I cant say no to this.
    Tacitus

steam_sig.png
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Mmmm...signup, I will. Destroy the Sith, we must.
    Marasha Xiloscient

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Vicus Oman

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Badevil Goodslayer

I'm very sneaky.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Sign me up Scotty!

Wait...

Saphelon De'Armetis

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am the chosen one!

Name to be determined later.

Gaslight on
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular

Stom Trouper (I reserve the right to change this, I probably will.)

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If you change your name during signups after this post, please make another post with the updated name. I can't guarantee I will see it if you edit your initial sign-up post.

ObiFett on
    Alright! Thanks

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    It's my phirst phalla. Please be gentle.

Hammer Wilga

SaberOverEasy

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Poor form, Tzeentch.

Also, I shoot first. All the time.

Murtak Nesh.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Wang Visectamus

What? I was just giving Saber a warm phalla welcome! All in jest. :P

Bedlam, Bedlam nooooo that last name :(

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Thraellvi'g Gennsan

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I call dibs on Jedi Master Samuel L. Jackson

Be smitin' some mutha-fuckas up ins

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Thanks Tzeentchling! Glad to be here.

Though I did think I'd have to actually play a game before finding someone to grudge ;)

Touche, sir.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Holy crap yes

Thafel Fartmaster

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Thanks Tzeentchling! Glad to be here.

Though I did think I'd have to actually play a game before finding someone to grudge ;)

You didn't use bold.

Forshame.

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    O HELL FRIKKEN YES SIGN UP

Really? we HAVE to be frikken jedi???/FUCK...well I am shit outta luck here

Fine Damaya Weirn

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    btw click on my picture and read my tat.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Did Fondor driveyards even exist in that time period?

steam_sig.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I sense something, a presence I've not felt since...

Ilin Draconis

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    May the Force be with You!

Wedge Starkiller

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    vertroue wrote: »
    btw click on my picture and read my tat.

The Sith code... niiiiice. Unfortunately, I am far too busy right now or else I would have signed up!

mi-go hunter on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    !I feel a disturbance in the Force
    Jedi Name: Krema Metyr, a callback to my old SWSE character from the faded Star Wars: Legacy PbP game (OOC / IC). @Infidel ;)

I actually was going to pass and am signing up just because of this now. :P

!signup Vii'let

OrokosPA.png
    Retaba wrote: »
    Bedlam, Bedlam nooooo that last name :(
    Its the perfect Darth name!

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If you are RNG as Sith, you will give another name for your real Sith name.

ObiFett on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Its right here, clear as purple crayon.
    ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS1M-wwlNi4

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited May 2012
    I am changing my name to see below. I am less imaginative than I had hoped.

Retaba on
    callin you retbrah

whats up retbrah lets go chill at the moontower.