As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam Thread

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I know everyone says PSIII was the worse (the battles were pretty damn bad), I still love it because it was my first RPG ever.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hopefully THQ will live long enough for that...

EA will probably grab it if THQ dies.

jkZziGc.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Untitled-2.jpg

COMPANY OF HEROES 2 YES!

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Bioware whatchamacllit is already working on C&C whatever

steam_sig.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's not unprecedented for a publisher to give money to multiple different games in the same genre, especially if their release times are staggered in a way that it they don't have marketing conflict with each other.

Cilla Black on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular

Bioware whatchamacllit is already working on C&C whatever

This would give them a good strategy game though.

jkZziGc.png
    edited May 2012
    I wonder if they'll continue with an evolution on the Dawn of War 2 gameplay, like DoW2 did with the CoH gameplay, if they'll just build on CoH1, or if they'll decide to go back to their classic RTS roots. The latter probably not, since Relic definitely seems a company that prefers innovation over iteration.

Cilla Black on
    I wonder if they'll continue with an evolution on the Dawn of War 2 gameplay, like DoW2 did with the CoH gameplay, if they'll just build on CoH1, or if they'll decide to go back to their classic RTS roots. The latter probably not, since Relic definitely seems a company that prefers innovation over iteration.

They've said that they're going for innovations to the coh gameplay that will fit in as a natural extension. They've learned their lesson with Dow 2.

jkZziGc.png
    What lesson? DoW2 was awesome! Or at least, as a single player experience. I have heard less than awesome things about multiplayer.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    DoW2 was fun online before people figured out how broken the balance was.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    What lesson? DoW2 was awesome! Or at least, as a single player experience. I have heard less than awesome things about multiplayer.

no dow2 was pretty bad and completely shat on the things people loved about dow1

not to mention the fact that it was essentially reskinned doh and in the beginning terrain meant jack shit because it got destroyed near instantly

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Holy shit...Arkham City is huuuuuuuuuuge on PC

I would like to just put my PS3 disk into the computer, please.

PiptheFair wrote: »

no dow2 was pretty bad and completely shat on the things people loved about dow1

not to mention the fact that it was essentially reskinned doh and in the beginning terrain meant jack shit because it got destroyed near instantly

COMRADE TIE YOUR FUCKING LACES.

jkZziGc.png

COMRADE TIE YOUR FUCKING LACES.

do you think this is a goddamn kinderparty

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    man, I remember having some seriously epic battles with the GT crew back when dow1 came out.

CoH is still my absolute favorite RTS ever, first rts game I actually spent the time to learn build orders and watch replays of top tier players so I could get better.

DUNLOP, WEAPONS AND AMMO

• RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    FlatEric wrote: »
    Be careful for someone named Repox(2) adding your to their friendslist, after accepting (thinking @Repox may have a new account) they proceeded to try and get me to log in to what seems to be a phishing scam page. Something like steamcomnunity dot 16mb dot com slash forums (misspelled community and all).
    Nah, not me. Literally heard about it in the morning today. I think it hit everyone on my friend's list. but i am the spartacus

Repox on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Bastion is pretty fun.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

presumably their basic infantry unit will be ten guys with five rifles

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I guess the CoH 2 campaign will be set in the eastern front and the soviets will be a big part of the game

I would love this SO MUCH

I would like CoH a lot more if it didn't have resources and building things and was just more like myth.

Maybe in the beginning. But from 1943 onward they were swimming in high quality equipment.

jkZziGc.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    DoW2 was suuuper disappointing. The original Dawn of War tried to do some interesting things to kind of deal with how unintuitive and shitty RTS are for new players, and then DOW2 just cleaved bits off wholesale and went way too far in the RPG direction with a bunch of new mechanics that totally overwhelmed me. Being effective in that game was way more difficult than playing StarCraft 2. So many spells on so many different units! No introduction to any of the other races! Wholesale removal of most buildings!

That game felt like a train wreck to me. It looked a lot more like the tabletop game, I think, but felt like a weird mishmash of turn-based and real time and just felt clunky as hell and not much fun to play at all. I also wasn't super wild about commanders or the reinforcement mechanic, although in theory it's actually a pretty good idea. Something about it bugged the crap out of me. Felt like I had less control of it, maybe, I don't know.

Honestly, I would love it if they gave up and just made it turn-based, but that kind of sucks the heady immediacy out of doing shit at the same time as your opponent and certainly isn't a ton of fun to watch on a big screen at a pro-event... but then I don't think that's what they were shooting for anyway.

sarukun on

Maybe in the beginning. But from 1943 onward they were swimming in high quality equipment.

qualify "high quality"

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

This is another thing that irked me about Relic, they straight up admitted that they didn't really care too much about balance because they were more interested in fun and interesting ideas that were fun to execute for the player, and while I see why you would WANT to do that kind of stuff, and know from experience that tweaking balance on a game like that suuuuuuuucks for everybody involved and is pretty labor intensive, ain't nobody gonna play your game much once people figure out "spam X" is the easy way to victory.

I wish I knew where to find that interview, on the one hand they guy giving it seems like a nice dude, and on the other hand listening to what he's saying as a player is retina-searingly infuriating.

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed playing the original DoW games.

DoW2 was just a completely different kind of game that I am just not into.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    sarukun wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »

This is another thing that irked me about Relic, they straight up admitted that they didn't really care too much about balance because they were more interested in fun and interesting ideas that were fun to execute for the player, and while I see why you would WANT to do that kind of stuff, and know from experience that tweaking balance on a game like that suuuuuuuucks for everybody involved and is pretty labor intensive, ain't nobody gonna play your game much once people figure out "spam X" is the easy way to victory.

I wish I knew where to find that interview, on the one hand they guy giving it seems like a nice dude, and on the other hand listening to what he's saying as a player is retina-searingly infuriating.

Yeah...
    If SC wasn't balanced no one would play it. There would be a couple dudes online trying to be at the top of the ladder by doing rush X and literally no one else would give a shit about the game after they were done with single player. Is that really the type of game they want to make?

qualify "high quality"

Soviet tanks and guns and planes? Some American lend lease stuff too. But, I mean. The Red Army of Late '43-45 was extremely well equipped.

jkZziGc.png

qualify "high quality"

Soviet tanks and guns and planes? Some American lend lease stuff too. But, I mean. The Red Army of Late '43-45 was extremely well equipped.

also defined as "stolen from the Germans"

that would be a great upgrade tree

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I really liked DoW2. But then again I really liked the shift from RTS crap to squad-based stuff.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    oh man COH2

i really loved the first one but i was so bad at it, i got stuck on a stupid early level and spent like 10 hours trying to do it and just couldn't

reposig.jpg
    Fandyien wrote: »
    oh man COH2

i really loved the first one but i was so bad at it, i got stuck on a stupid early level and spent like 10 hours trying to do it and just couldn't

Do you remember which one?

jkZziGc.png
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    oh man COH2

Do you remember which one?

it was one where you had to minesweep your way to a town through a bunch of hedge mazes, you start with a pretty big tank squad and a bunch of infantry

reposig.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Company of heroes 2??

I'm breaking out the barbed wire baby!! Gunna need some tank traps here.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    Company of heroes 2??

I am going to murder you.

jkZziGc.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Well the game takes place in 1941 so

6F32U1X.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I get the feeling that Endless Space is going to steal my life.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    CoH2? hell yes

i mean i loved that game but i sucked at it so badly

edited May 2012
    Company of heroes 2??

I am going to murder you.

5B882F0EA4DAF0D8BB7A803AE3AFDCFE3687AA8E

MrMonroe on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    is batman: ac a good port?

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    yup, definitely, definitely worth $15

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
This discussion has been closed.