As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Super Monday Night Combat] Blitz mode is out.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Why am I arguing semantics on the PAR with Diannao...especially when I agree with his original statement anyway.

It is because I am at work with a 100 something degree fever, and I was too tired last night to stay up for my WOTD at 10:30 something.

I'm sorry @diannaochong .

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    sandripper wrote: »
    Wich endorsment is the best for a healer?

assuming you're playing support or combat girl

off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure you want endos in skill regen most of all, followed by rate of fire, health, health regen, and speed

the other endorsements don't really do much for healers

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Training Camp confirmed for Update 4.

And look at this concept art:
    07ibI.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    So how long does it take to unlock pros with CC? I think 45$ for 15 pros is auper fucking overpriced considering you could get about 40 for that price in LoL bundles.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    So how long does it take to unlock pros with CC? I think 45$ for 15 pros is auper fucking overpriced considering you could get about 40 for that price in LoL bundles.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but i make between 100-200 credits per game, so divide the credit cost by that to get the number of games, and then multiply by 10-30 minutes

Notes
    Free Pro Rotation: Assassin, Cheston, Karl, Megabeth, Leo, Veteran.

It's the Rule Changes 4 mark and it's going to hit the fan!

We got a big one for you this week. We're introducing our Training Camp! That's right, a whole map dedicated to exploring all the different aspects of Super Monday Night Combat. This includes checking out any of the Pros, even ones you don't own and are not currently free. No queuing, no waiting, you just jump in and try stuff out!

As always, feel free to leave us feedback at http://www.uberent.com/forums! If you have issues please email support@uberent.com.

New Rules

Added Training Camp mode. Training Camp is found through the "Play" menu. You will just be placed in a server where you can try out all the gameplay elements of Super Monday Night Combat.
    Added dialog in Custom Games to prevent players from breaking their lobbies after hitting Start Game.
    Pros you cannot use are now shown grayed out in the Character Picker.
    Increased mouse sensitivity slider range.
    GG Stack & Chip Valvano: Character Specific call outs added.
    GG Stack & Chip Valvano: Streak VO changes.
    GG Stack & Chip Valvano: More Commercial VO added.
    Added blue-yellow nameplate option for those who have troubles seeing red-green.
    Locker Room customize menu redesigned for clarity and grouping customize slots under their associated Pros.
    Improved wording on Play menu buttons.
    Updated MP landing menu: separated out Super Crossfire options from Training options.
    First Blood, Multikills, Kill Streaks, now send a message to everyone.
    Annihilator Ready message now sent to everyone.
    Respawn times now increase after the 30 minute mark.
    Increased Post-Game Prize drop rate of Uniform parts.
    Updated resolution options adding 1366x768 and 1360x768.
    Improved descriptions for Pros.
    Improved the camera while dead. Especially when the taunter dies while they are taunting you.
    Juice Boxes now give 1/5 of the juice back rather than 1/4.

Bug Fixes

Fixed store taunts not updating correctly.
    Fixed uniforms in the "Featured Items" area not being displayed correctly when first selected.
    Fixed reselecting a Pro in the store not displaying the Pro's details in the bottom pane.
    Fixed accepting an invite not always cancelling previous Match Making attempts.
    Fixed light shaft on item pick ups sometimes lingering.
    Fixed Play button being on some screens where it wasn't needed.
    Fixed some older Uniforms not previewing properly in the inventory screen.
    Fixed Chickey's egg effect from not always playing.
    Fixed rare issue with both Moneyballs being destroyed at the exact same time.

Bundles

New Bundle: Triple Threat: Commando Style - On sale for the first week!
    New Bundle: Action Heroes

Products

All Magnet: Range 768 -> 640
    Massive Air: Minimum level 6 -> 1
    Massive Air: Air Control: 1 -> 0.8

Downtown Spunky Arena

Continued art improvements.
    Moved Fuji and Scrambler bot spawn buttons location closer to the player spawner.
    Modified bot spawner collision to prevent Spark from getting stuck inside.
    Fixed some collision issues on the Icemen's side.

Bots

Fuji Bots: Now, once again, drops 2 juice boxes instead of 1 juice and 1 churro.
    Fuji Bots: Now drop an additional armor pick up.
    Jackbot XL: Projectiles now do knockback and turn off Assault's Fly.
    Jackbot XL: Speed 350 -> 400
    Black Jacks: No longer appear as turrets in the overhead camera.
    Jackbots: Post - 25 minute mark: Only spawn once 60 seconds instead of once every 40 seconds.
    Jackbots: Post - 25 minute mark: Now swap lanes every 5 minutes.
    Jackbots: Post - 25 minute mark: Now additionally spawn on the opposite lane when the Moneyball is down.
    Fuji Bots: Post - 25 minute mark: Now spawn more Fujis in between Jackbot spawns.

Assassin

Smoke Bomb: Bot Stun Duration: 4 -> 3
    Leap: 75% of the effect of a slow debuff is now applied to jump velocity.
    Normalized headshot detection radius with all other Pros.

Assault

Assault Bomb: Headcrab bonus 250 -> 50

Captain Spark

New Uniform: Captain Buzz
    New Uniform: Captain Sparkle
    New Weapon: Sparkle Voltage Spike
    Arc Flash: 75% of the effect of a slow debuff is now applied to Arc Flash distance.
    Voltage Spike: Alt fire: Now only gains charges from Voltage Spike hits.
    Voltage Spike: Alt fire: Damage: 50 -> 45
    Voltage Spike: Fixed selecting a Pro other than Captain Spark, then switching to Captain Spark breaking his Voltage Spike alt-fire skill.

Cheston

Bananas Monihan: Fixed typo in the description.

Gunner

Taunts: You may now choose a taunt for Dual Miniguns separate from the Minigun.
    Deploy: Armor Pulse Time: 1 -> 0.75

Karl

Mr. Destructoid: Fixed a typo in his description.
    Short Circuit: Projectile Speed: 1000/2000/2500/3072 -> 3072/3072/3072/3072

Leo

New Taunt: I Invented That Kick
    Mona Laser: Range: Full Damage/Min Damage 1536/2560 -> 2560/3072
    Venice Defense: Recall button now becomes active only after Venice Defense is fully deployed and teleport button charges.
    Venice Defense: Recall can no longer be used after Venice Defense is destroyed.

Megabeth

Shoot the Moon: Cooldown: 40/27/20/15 -> 20/14/10/7.5
    Shoot the Moon: No longer starts cooldown until skill finishes.
    Shoot the Moon: Jump Velocity: 1024 -> 1300

Sniper

Trap: Upgrade level 4 no longer locks out skills for its victims.
    Trap: Max: 1/1/2/2 -> 1/1/1/2
    Trap: Freeze & Slow Duration: 1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5 -> 1/1/1.5/1.5
    Trap: No longer able to be destroyed by friendly damage.
    Trap: Fixed sometimes being partially embedded in the ground.

Support

Healing: money 0.1 -> 0.05
    Air Strike: Now does bonus damage when attached to players (Ground Zero), even under cover: 50

Veteran

Alt Fire Slam: Slow Duration 3 -> 1.5
    Alt Fire Slam: Fixed slam not affecting Jackbots
    Ka-Klaw: Targets can now use air control when grabbed, allowing them to 'struggle' against it. Air control for the target is reduced as the Ka-Klaw is upgraded.

Wascot

Coin Launcher: Coins now damage himself.
    Coin Launcher: Coins are now team colored only for allied players.
    Shifty Shuffle: Now ends upon a successful counter-grapple.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Moved Fuji and Scrambler bot spawn buttons location closer to the player spawner.

About time.

Argh, they went back to two juice box and no churros.

Assault Bomb: Headcrab bonus 250 -> 50.

Lame

Oh come on....

Casually Hardcore on
    Juice boxes only fill your bar by 20% instead of 25% now. Fujis also drop an armor shard now, so at least it has defensive value.

I guess my current Spark build can get a lot more aggressive now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

About time.

Argh, they went back to two juice box and no churros.

Assault Bomb: Headcrab bonus 250 -> 50.

Lame

Oh come on....

It was far too easy to headcrab a grapple and just sit on the trigger like a kid on christmas.

Am I reading that the Mona Laser is getting a buff? Oh man, people are going to perceive it as being even more imbalanced.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    I hate the headcrab nerf. If they want to nerf it just make it impossible to headcrab someone who is grappled. And why did they buff Leo and Megabeth. They are two of the strongest pros. I don't really like any of the balance changes.

Time is a flat circle
  • Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    The cooldown for Shoot the Moon was brought more in line with the other strikers cooldowns and they're playing with it to make it not so shitty (should put it back to the way it was 1st implemented without the knockback).
    The Leo buff, shrug, aren't those values more in line with the other defender weapons falloff?

It's not like they won't roll half these changes back next week.

• KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Surprised they nerfed supports heal monies but not CGs.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • RydiakRydiak Registered User regular
    CG was behind on healing money (mathematically and in actual usage). This puts him more in line with her.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Training Camp confirmed for Update 4.

And look at this concept art:
    07ibI.png
    yes, I will buy all of those
    Kor wrote: »
    Surprised they nerfed supports heal monies but not CGs.
    Support already makes over 2x as much as CG for healing the same amount, maybe this will bring them more in line. I wish they'd just normalize $X for Y damage healed and apply it to all 3 defenders. (and Cheston, I guess.)

I hate the headcrab nerf. If they want to nerf it just make it impossible to headcrab someone who is grappled. And why did they buff Leo and Megabeth. They are two of the strongest pros. I don't really like any of the balance changes.
    The question is why does a skillshot receive a bonus for using it correctly? It's like making Cheston's barrel do bonus damage on a direct hit. The benefit of a headcrab is that you got the poor bastard dead-to-rights.

I don't really understand the Leo buffs, but Megabeth is hardly the strongest pro. She's outclassed entirely by the Assault, and even Karl has more tricks up his sleeve. Her claim to fame is killing bots, which isn't saying much. That probably needs a nerf, but she needed some buffs first.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    The question is why does a skillshot receive a bonus for using it correctly? It's like making Cheston's barrel do bonus damage on a direct hit. The benefit of a headcrab is that you got the poor bastard dead-to-rights.

I don't really understand the Leo buffs, but Megabeth is hardly the strongest pro. She's outclassed entirely by the Assault, and even Karl has more tricks up his sleeve. Her claim to fame is killing bots, which isn't saying much. That probably needs a nerf, but she needed some buffs first.

Beth can do insane damage to pros at any distance. Early game, she can kill a sharpshooter/defender with 4 rockets (easy to do if you are on the second floor). The problem is she is pretty weak in a straight up 1v1, especially against commandos.

Being good at killing bots isn't saying much? That is a huge part of the game. You can grind out nice level advantages by being better at killing bots than another class. And its not like her killing power is bad. Rockets and her derby disc do huge amounts of damage. She already had rocket jumping she didn't need more mobility. She was fine as is. And if anything she needs to do 15% less damage on Spunky as she is by far the best pro at that map.

I don't think all strikers should be equal at all things. Megabeth is great at killing bots, Assault was great at killing men, and Karl is good at both with nice utility.

Time is a flat circle
    re: the megabeth change.
    1. her mobility skill was much, much less usable than fly/prop hop.
    the lvl 4 cooldown was 15 seconds, that's what prop hop is at lvl 1! fly's cooldown was similar, but lasts much longer
    2. they apparently didn't revert the nerf from last week, so all the increased velocity is gonna do is make her hit the ceiling faster (whereupon the jump stops)

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    the lvl 4 cooldown was 15 seconds, that's what prop hop is at lvl 1! fly's cooldown was similar, but lasts much longer
    2. they apparently didn't revert the nerf from last week, so all the increased velocity is gonna do is make her hit the ceiling faster (whereupon the jump stops)

She jumps out, not up?

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    EvilBadman wrote: »

She jumps out, not up?

it doesn't do damage/pushback?

I hit my head on moco loco all the time. I don't even go down to the ground floor anymore on that map as megabeth.

• ChuckNorrisTypeRChuckNorrisTypeR Registered User regular
    Really digging the training ground, been wanting to try new pro's so I can know if I want to buy them or not. Also have had my eye on Leo so it will be nice to really get to mess with him. Does anyone know what time they usually update?

camo_sig2.png
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Really digging the training ground, been wanting to try new pro's so I can know if I want to buy them or not. Also have had my eye on Leo so it will be nice to really get to mess with him. Does anyone know what time they usually update?

just got the update 15 mins ago was about 1.2gb

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • ChuckNorrisTypeRChuckNorrisTypeR Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »

just got the update 15 mins ago was about 1.2gb

TY for the heads up! Steam already downloaded it and I didn't realize it. Good lookin' out Steam!

camo_sig2.png
  • Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Shoot the moon does seem to be more in line with it's initial implementation, no hitting the ceiling.
    Not quite as much distance as when she was introduced though, falling short of some of the jumps you could do on Spunky.

wow, they did fix it. idk why they didn't put that in the notes though.

edited May 2012
    Why on earth is a Support about as hard to 1v1 than a fucking enforcer (as a Commando)?

He can seriously sit there and backpeddle while dealing high damage and healing himself. Oh, and it snares you to boot. Unless you can kill him within a grapple (lunge -> grapple), you should just leave. Granted, it's way easier to do it as Spark or Assassin since they have two grapples and accurate guns. Wascot just kind of impotently waits for death. The best part is that it has an absurd magazine, so you'll be long dead before he ever has to reload.

What the hell is up with that?

EDIT: I am perfectly fine dying to a Support near his nest, but a solo Defender away from their "thing" (bots or turrets) should not be capable of putting up this much of a fight. Leo and Combat Girl are absolutely FUCKED in this situation unless they can get back to a turret or ally in time.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2012
    you know what? I'm done with this game until they fix the matchmaking. I'm about ready to uninstall.

I took a couple days off after raging a few nights ago, and tonight it's the same shit.
    3 more losses because of getting matched with retards.

I just lost a 5v4 because 2 of my 4 just charged headlong into their tank + megs grinder, or wandered ass first into their wascot, and only bothered to show up momentarily for the 2nd anni battle. (not at all for the 3rd)

SaraLuna on
    Patch Notes

Veteran
    -Ka-Klaw no longer works in Training Camp

file.php?id=4723&mode=view

YL9WnCY.png
  • cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    you know what? I'm done with this game until they fix the matchmaking. I'm about ready to uninstall.

I took a couple days off after raging a few nights ago, and tonight it's the same shit.
    3 more losses because of getting matched with retards.

I just lost a 5v4 because 2 of my 4 just charged headlong into their tank + megs grinder, or wandered ass first into their wascot, and only bothered to show up momentarily for the 2nd anni battle. (not at all for the 3rd)

Tbh, this is a problem with all moba games with matchmaking. To this day, I will not play a solo public LoL game. The only way to avoid it is to play with other people you know. If its bothering you that much, you should add some of us to your steam friends and play build teams.

cpugeek13 on
  • coreyh2coreyh2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I know commandos like being lone wolves but they work really well in a ganking team too. flashing stun, then a series of throws and melee attacks will kill off people really quick. Two commandos or a commando and a faster character like megabeth and assault. Maybe veteran and cheston.

I mostly know this because it happens to me all the time. It works well against support.

coreyh2 on
    deviantart steam Origin: crsntlvs
    cpugeek13 wrote: »
    Tbh, this is a problem with all moba games with matchmaking. To this day, I will not play a solo public LoL game. The only way to avoid it is to play with other people you know. If its bothering you that much, you should add some of us to your steam friends and play build teams.

I think 5 man team queuing is much more broken than solo queuing. Very rarely will you ever play a balanced game against another team of 5. The best seems to be when you queue with a team of 2 or 3 of about the same skill level and just hope that each team gets the same number of feeders.

Time is a flat circle
    We just did it last night. Played 2 games as a team of 4 and then another as a team of 5. Each game was very close.

I've come to the conclusion that I am apparently the exception to the rule here, because I seem to be having a wonderful time with matchmaking (be it solo or team) and have no complaints at all. Meanwhile, everyone has been posting almost nonstop about how horrible their experiences have been. I don't get it.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Playing 5v5 and having people drop mid-match sucks, but it's kind of fun. I like seeing how long we can manage to stay alive at that point. Hell, last night we even got their moneyball to less than 25% after we had two people drop. Made it feel like a mini victory in and of itself.

• InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Do you only get prize boxes when you lose? I'm 4-2 right now and have only gotten a prize box when I lose those games.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    No it's random but you have a higher chance for one if you're on a losing streak.

Yeah I'm not too sure about that. I've seen people say the opposite, as well as come up with their own formulas. Hell I saw someone the other day say you get one every 90 minutes of game play.

Personally, I'd say the formula is something like Base 10% chance to win a prize, increase by 10% each game you don't get a prize, resets to 10% when you get a prize.

I've been playing Solo, and with a group of 3, and have honestly been having very good matches.