As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fuck Sheriff Joe - Pet Lawyer Disbarment Edition

AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
I posted this in the AZ thread, but it got a bit covered up. But in a bit of happier news from the State of Delusion, Sheriff Joe's former pet DA has been disbarred:
In an hourlong hearing Tuesday, a disciplinary panel convened by the Arizona Supreme Court repeatedly found clear and convincing evidence of ethical misconduct — even criminal acts — that it said merited disbarment for Thomas and former Deputy County Attorney Lisa Aubuchon and suspension for six months and a day of former Deputy County Attorney Rachel Alexander.

Thomas was a key part of Sheriff Joe's reign, abusing his position as the Maricopa County DA to use the legal system as a bludgeon against the enemies of America's Most Beloved Sheriff (TM). His disbarment is a huge step forward.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
AngelHedgie on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    it took me a bit to realize that you meant pet like 'disciple' or 'lackey'. i thought arpaio had actually employed a dog as an attorney.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    it took me a bit to realize that you meant pet like 'disciple' or 'lackey'. i thought arpaio had actually employed a dog as an attorney.

Same.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Same.

Wouldn't put it past him.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Did Sheriff Joe get a Canine Lawyer disbarred?

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Maybe... maybe there is a God after all.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Maybe... maybe there is a doG after all.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Same.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I actually thought this was going to be something about an Animal Rights Lawyer getting stripped of their ability to practice in Arizona or something.

...Are there Animal Rights Lawyers?

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Google says, yes.

Edit: but the results don't actually lead to anything, that I can see. So google says no? I guess?

Burtletoy on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Google says, yes.

Edit: but the results don't actually lead to anything, that I can see. So google says no? I guess?

Well, there are in both senses of the term. ASPCA has lawyers that fight for better laws protecting animals; and in contentious civil cases such as divorce or wills where animals are involved, it's not unheard of for the pet in question to receive a guardian ad litem.

Back to the topic, Thomas was one of Joe's key lackeys in controlling Maricopa, as he would file suits against anyone who would threaten Joe. I had said in previous threads that the path to nailing Joe would require nailing Thomas first, for a few reasons.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    The six months and a day thing makes it sound like they banished a demon. Not entirely inaccurate I guess.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p44t0/

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p44z9/

Rent on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    Rent wrote: »

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p44t0/

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3p44z9/

Lawyer dog meme was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    The six months and a day thing makes it sound like they banished a demon. Not entirely inaccurate I guess.

Its usually something to do with the judge doing the sentencing trying to control where the person is incarcerated while giving them the maximum time for that particular location.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski