As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Aman, at least now you can google image search London 2012 and get in on the joke years too late.

It's SFW, the city of London had an Internet poll to decide their logo. One of the entries was hilarious

Good thing they went with Lisa Simpson blowing someone.

Enjoy not unseeing that.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Oh my god.
    That's beautiful.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    That 4 Human Being hands logo reminds me of a real logo where instead of open hands they're all holding each other's wrists

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The windmill shape that the negative space between the hands creates is pretty neat.

• PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Opty wrote: »
    That 4 Human Being hands logo reminds me of a real logo where instead of open hands they're all holding each other's wrists
    community_hands.jpeg
    Interestingly enough, the search I used was "Community hands"

What are these "sweeps" that you're all bringing up?

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Sweeps refers to the 2-3 week period where advertising rates on the networks are set, happens in the fall and in May. Networks bring out all their big guns to pull in ratings so you see lots of season finales and "very special episodes." and often see lesser-performing shows do not air at all.

Tomanta on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I see the Dean spends all his money now on costumes.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Are there three episodes today, or is that next week?

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    two weeks from now, the 17th.

Go Garrett, show your talents.

TexiKen on
    edited May 2012
    That was great.

"how about the greendale five"

edit: that felt like a series finale, right?

TexiKen on
    TexiKen wrote: »
    That was great.

"how about the greendale five"

edit: that felt like a series finale, right?

The ending was a little off. No real sense of resolution, but no sense that it would continue, either.

Definitely want to see what's up their sleeve for the rest of the season.

• useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    wow how do proceed from that ending? that almost feels like the "f it we got cancelled" ending of a series.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    They can always enroll at the best community college in the community, City College.

• RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    The episode felt incredibly short, but was around the usual time. Odd pacing, perhaps?

!
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Are there three episodes today, or is that next week?

17th. So...2 weeks from today.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I'll spoiler this in case any left coasters wander in...
    I did find it interesting that none of the 7 actually participated in the riot. I'm not sure if that would have worked in their defense or not.

Also, I thought they were gonna get busted for their knowledge of the meth lab. This works too, I suppose.

Was that the same pizza guy from "Chaos Theory"? And wait, in that episode, didn't they have to go down to get the pizza, while this time he's right at the door?

Interesting that Abed was starting to talk about who should throw the dice...that increases the possible outcomes by...a lot.

• KronusKronus Registered User regular
    The episode felt incredibly short, but was around the usual time. Odd pacing, perhaps?

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's because many of the scenes from this episode were shown in the trailer for the second half of the season?

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    This episode will be so completely lost on new viewers.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    My brother doesn't watch, but likes the show, so when I told him what happened
    That the study group was expelled because the Dean instated martial law and Chang's army of 12 year old Jewish kids stopped a riot, culminating in Chang replacing the real Dean with a lookalike who testified briefly against the study group

I realized how fucking insane the episode was.

In a good way.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Kronus wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's because many of the scenes from this episode were shown in the trailer for the second half of the season?

Huh. I didn't see that trailer, and still thought that it felt short as well.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Those kids aren't Jewish, they were just at a Jewish kids birthday party.

And the delivery guy was able to get up, because there was no one downstairs to remove the rock.

EDIT: I think there are multiple "second half" trailers; one specifically spoils the outcome of this episode and the other (IIRC) ends with Chang's banner being flown at the college.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • hawkboxhawkbox Registered User regular
    I feel like I should have recognized the head of the board when they were doing the interview. He looked vaguely like James Spader.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    hawkbox wrote: »
    I feel like I should have recognized the head of the board when they were doing the interview. He looked vaguely like James Spader.

IMDB says he was in "The Hottie and the Nottie," so that was probably it.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    this was fucking faaaantaaasstic

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Sigh, I went twelve years on the internet before I found out what goatse was.

Damn you, PA forum. Damn you straight to angelfire.

are you sure you're not @AManFromACave ?

edited May 2012
    So many good bits in this episode

*here is a list of them all!*
    "It was the other arm."
    "Celebrity impressions."
    "Why did you stop talking?!"
    Troy's pen pal is called Pai Mei!
    PaiMeiPromo.jpg
    "How's it Deaning?" "Can't comChang..."
    "Hold my calls I have to pick an outfit."
    That outfit.
    Was that "not Moby" from HIMYM?
    Dat Chang tongue.
    "Whatever, I'm the worst."
    Oh god that outro!

Unfortunately, as great as some of the little references were, there were a LOT of in-jokes for long time viewers.

But yeah a very strange feeling for the episode. I guess the next ?4? episodes are about them getting back in or the alternate timeline?
    Felt way too "we're done" for my liking though :-(

Also I just discovered this...
    http://imgur.com/a/2GotR

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It was funny that Abed knew exactly what Starburns wanted.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    This episode felt so short! How weird. Great episode, though. I really hope they actually resolve it next week instead of just ignoring it.

I hope on the S3 DVD they have a full song of the Dean's version of Come on Eileen.

One thing that seemed weird though for the episode was that
    when Chang went crazy in S1 and was found to be a fraud, the Dean just hired a substitute to finish off the year. Why is he dean-ying the same chance this time?

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    They have no money.

TexiKen wrote: »
    I hope on the S3 DVD they have a full song of the Dean's version of Come on Eileen.

One thing that seemed weird though for the episode was that
    when Chang went crazy in S1 and was found to be a fraud, the Dean just hired a substitute to finish off the year. Why is he dean-ying the same chance this time?

Good question. Same thing at the start of Season 2.

You know, three seasons in I'm starting to see a pattern with the study group...

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Jon Oliver taught the anthropology class after Betty White was fired.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

What if.....
    in order for John Goodman to get the whole group to come back to school to finish their degrees (since he is the power broker), Troy has to sign up for the A/C school?

It would be a Spok moment that Abed will dutifully notice!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    So i missed the intro, laughed almost nonstop till the first commercial break, couldn't hear a lot of the second half because people came in, and thought the ending was touching and heartwarming. This show made me feel everything, including hatred for housemates.

I'll have to watch again today.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    No more Professor Caine?

That means no episode with both Gustavo Fring AND Omar.

dammit

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    No more Professor Caine?

That means no episode with both Gustavo Fring AND Omar.

dammit

I hadn't even considered this :(
    I blame Jesse.

IcdplGM.png
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I know it's blasphemous to say, but I thought this was one of their weakest episodes in a while. It felt a lot like a teleplay that could serve as both a sudden series finale AND a setup to a new set of stories if that finale fear turned out to be unwarranted (aka surprise renewal).

I'm probably reading too much into it, but for a show that scripts pretty tightly, it was an odd duck.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    as far as the shortness/ending goes, maybe this was the episode where the chevie chase situation started getting ugly and they had to trim bits

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    you seemed smarter than me when I met you
    fallujah of higher learning
    great use of chang
    dean doppleganger!
    transform and roll out!
    more britta x troy shipping
    great tag at the end

ok obviously cant compare to law and order, but fun! I liked this one

valiance on