As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    That Agent Hill

mmmHHmmmm

indeed

too bad she didn't have a bigger role

Tots give her a bigger po

oh you said role

yeah gotcha

Later portion of the movie
    Clint's bow was amazing.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well I guess the dude from the Wall Street Journal didn't like it. I'm not surprised. He basically says all the performances were bad except RDJ, who was only good because he was playing himself, and that it was transformers.

Looking at his other reviews he only does huge blockbusters and art films. None of the blockbusters have been rated well.

• ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    Holy shit
    Iron Man bounce passing lazers off of Cap's shield was fucking insanely cool.

smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yeah, a lot of the bad reviews for this seem to be centered on "god, enough with the fucking superhero movies already"

the dude from salon reviewed it and man that dude is insufferable

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Honestly the
    Manhattan segment where it was one long shot that went across the city and checked in on every member of the team wrecking the Chituari's day

was probably the best part for me

just because I still cannot believe I actually saw that in a movie theatre

my brain can't comprehend that it actually exists

Yes, this was amazing. This was my third favorite part behind
    Cap slipping Fury a ten spot
    and
    Loki's speech inturrupted by SMASH!

Also we had a kid (well teen) shit their pants in one of our sold out theaters. Someone complained about the smell during the credits, we tried to sniff it out, he got up, ran to the bathroom, I guess called someone? He go a spare pare of pants.

Like man, its the previews. Go poo

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Bucketman.

Do you not know.

He who smelt it delt it.

You crapped you pants bucketman.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    No returns.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    he who said the rhyme did the crime

you are the pooper, Blake

PNk1Ml4.png
    Re: Loki
    Is anyone else thinking, cosmic control rod?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i was sat in the vip seating area in my screen because i used to work there

old bloke sat in the row behind me had some kind of foot issue because he absolutely reeked

i ended up moving down the line

Blake T wrote: »
    Bucketman.

Do you not know.

He who smelt it delt it.

You crapped you pants bucketman.

Yeah well,

he who is named Blake

Shit in his pants

way to go Blake

edited May 2012
    I am completely done with theaters. I'll buy a release day blu-ray, but nope, not going back to rank-ass theaters full of fools.

Weaver on
    In all my years of nerd movies, with the exception of tonight, I haven't had any issues with a theater smelling worse than the usual bo you get when you toss 200 people in a small room

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I've luckily never really had any problems like that, there's two I go to and the audience is generally respectful of the people are around them.

And remember, some of that is boob sweat, and therefor sexy.

Though some of it is also moob sweat which is so unsexy

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    if there's one complaint I have about this movie it's
    the Chitauri are just generic evil aliens who are invading for no particular reason

which isn't really a problem because this is a character-driven movie, but I hope the sequel fleshes out what they are all about more

What? No.
    The Chitauri are mindless living weapons. Their commander, Thanos and Loki both had reason to invade. They are not "Invading for no particular reason.

Also I'm pretty confident what with the way they all died that they arn't really a "Natural" race.

They are directly controlled and sustained by their ship and seem to be half Cyborg. Maybe we'll find out that they are subjugated and manipulated Skrull later or something.

Quire.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Honestly the
    Manhattan segment where it was one long shot that went across the city and checked in on every member of the team wrecking the Chituari's day

was probably the best part for me

just because I still cannot believe I actually saw that in a movie theatre

my brain can't comprehend that it actually exists

This all the way. My brain was going nuts during the entire last third of the movie.

The movie that I had dreamed about pretty much since I was a fucking child that I was watching right in front of me.

That was fun.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    So
    That was amazing

I have complaints but they're not even worth voicing because it was so amazing

God Tom Hiddleston was so FUCKING AMAZING
    oh hiddles
    you so good
    and your lovely hair

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Only time I got a whif of smelly nerds was a Protomen concert. To be fair, it was terribly hot there.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I am completely done with theaters. I'll buy a release day blu-ray, but nope, not going back to rank-ass theaters full of fools.

Usually I go to the theather to see movie on off and werid days when most people are not out like 10am
    I will be going to see the movie today and sadly I am not looking forward to being in cramped sitting

But then two of the most memorable things said in front of me came out of a full theather

creepy smile

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    And remember, some of that is boob sweat, and therefor sexy.

Though some of it is also moob sweat which is so unsexy

but how do you tell

Take a fucking shower and put on some clean clothes before you go out.

hahaha losers with senses of smells

I am superior with my anosmia
    bow down to me, the obvious next step in evolution

omg i need an army

and a totes fab hat

how do you tell when milk has gone bad

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    in that case, it's prob likely that kochi is the one who's stinking up the joint

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    also some dude tried to get in a fight with me after interrupting my friends conversation because he thought thor was lame.

like he literally heard my friend talking about thor an inserted himself into the conversation saying "thor is fucking lame"

i interjected that i thought it was a fun movie and he said that was because i was lame too

then he asked me if i read any thor comics and i said yeah and he continued to tell me thor was lame. i asked him if he had read any thor comics.

"yeah i've read every single one"

i genuinely didn't know what to say after that and his friend told him to stop being a jackass, but guy literally asked me if i wanted to "do this"

Sars_Boy on
    Beasteh wrote: »
    how do you tell when milk has gone bad

You throw it out a day before the expiry date, always

Um
    the only time this doesn't work is when your fridge is broken
    its a really bad way to find out your fridge is broken

my kochi's got no nose
    but how does she smell?
    terrible!

especially when you get your fridge repaired 4 times and every time it breaks after being fixed you discover its broken because of ruined tea/cereal

There were two kids, while waiting for the previews to start, having the old "which is scarier, zombie apocalypse or alien invasion" discussion.

So I got their attention, and described to them how perhaps a situation would arise wherein humanity discovered that an alien race had entered our system, and simply started mining some of the more useful moons in the outer solar system.

No contact. No alien transmissions that we could detect, no attempt to contact us. They just dropped by, and took our stuff. And I asked them, how scary would that be.

They thought it was pretty much way scarier than a zombie apocalypse.

• Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Still can't believe this movie was made. That this entire universe was created around it through so many different movies. That all these movies have been amazing. That there are more movies in this universe, tied all together, still coming out. Just incredible.

And more specifically The Avengers was spectacular. It was everything I hoped it was and more.

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    also some dude tried to get in a fight with me after interrupting my friends conversation because he thought thor was lame.

like he literally heard my friend talking about thor an inserted himself into the conversation saying "thor is fucking lame"

i interjected that i thought it was a fun movie and he said that was because i was lame too

then he asked me if i read any thor comics and i said yeah and he continued to tell me thor was lame. i asked him if he had read any thor comics.

"yeah i've read every single one"

i genuinely didn't know what to say after that and his friend told him to stop being a jackass, but guy literally asked me if i wanted to "do this"

By "do this" he meant suck yo' dick

hulk was definitely my fav thing about the movie

although a few of his scenes did seem to be there solely to provoke laughs and felt a little out of place

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    yeah, a lot of the bad reviews for this seem to be centered on "god, enough with the fucking superhero movies already"

To be honest, do you really blame him?

I have a feeling after this summer we're going to start seeing a downward slope for superhero films.

i kinda feel like marvel studios are going to keep pumping out quality films forever and ever

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Godfather wrote: »

To be honest, do you really blame him?

I have a feeling after this summer we're going to start seeing a downward slope for superhero films.

You know, even if that's true, we've peaked and it's all burned out from here....

At least we went out on one hell of a motherfucking high.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
This discussion has been closed.