As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40k] 6th Edition Incoming. Hide your women and children!

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Flame wars on page one! We're off to a good start :P

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wanted to get in on this thread early what with my impending return to the hobby. Gotta literally dust off the armies. SJ. Next week? Any form of gaming happening?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Kromlech order arrived today!
    I made some Ogryns with the dkok ork heads and backpacks.
    guard-ogryn.jpg
    The bone 'ead has a valkarie h-bolter under his arm, doesnt show up in the pics.

Those are some awesome Ogryns.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• HenryWardHenryWard Registered User regular
    Those Ogryns kind of make me want to boot up STALKER. The gas mask on the right one just says "snork" to me. Love it.

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Loving the Ogryn idea. Although the one on the left in the first picture needs some neck-work done; looks too much like you just glued a gasmask head onto an Ogre.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    he's a little wonky because his head is leaning way to one side so he can aim. I'll clean up the bulge on that side.
    They've all got pretty long necks, just because of the different mountings from ork to ogre. The backs of the helmets also have a chunk missing where it would cover the neck, which is weird.

Not sure what colour to do their skin. Topless dudes in my fancy gold army is pretty barbaric, but I'm not good enough with greystuff to sculpt full uniforms on them.
    Maybe elephant grey.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    Paint the bare arms a shiny black and put Under Armor logos on. No more barbaric skin showing.

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    The safest way to transport draigowing is to stuff them into the giant-ass beard growing out of your neck... :p

hahahaha

E26cO.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Man, I love the Space Marine flyer concept art (or whatever it is) BOW had up.

• MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    Hey warhams.

I'm looking for some help. :P

I want to buy dice from gamestation.net/ (in particular the GameScience Dice). But the postage to Europe is like $40 which feels a bit much. Would someone in the US be willing to order the dice, and then send them on to me in order to save me some shipping (and possibly tolls and taxes)? Please send me a PM if you are up for this. :wink:

Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
    I didn't see it posted so here is the StormTalon. d1Bt8.png

E26cO.jpg
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Looks like a GDI orca gunship. I like it

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I loved the big clenched teeth underneath the nose.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I think it's the answer to the question "how would a Techmarine* build an Apache gunship?" and I think it's amazing.

*Techmarines have to account for pesky little things like not necessarily having an atmosphere to use so they like to go overboard with the engines.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    That assault cannon is huge.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm waiting to see the actual model before I pass judgement on this one.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    That chin cannon is huge.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Yeah I'm waiting to see the actual model before I pass judgement on this one.

I am as well
    But then I do find it rather interesting that some of the concept art sucks compared to the production model

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    That's not concept art, that's someone's drawing of the leak they saw. So take it with a grain of salt.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    I'll take your face with a grain of salt.

E26cO.jpg
    It kinda looks like the gunships off Battlefiels 2142.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So after over a year of doing very little with my 'nids, I finally got around to heading into the GW in the city with 1000 points and a friend of mine with his Space Wolves. We were going to face each other, but ended up teaming up against a guy with 2000 points of orks. I should've grabbed my camera and taken photos, since I love doing battle reports, but alas I didn't think of that. Next time.

Some highlights were: my friend's single lone wolf rolling straight sixes to immobilize a battle wagon with a death roller that was about to ram my Tervigon, my first squad of genestealers infiltrating and wiping out an entire squad of biker boyz without any losses in one round of combat, my two squads of warriors killing a single nob between them all (I love warriors but I swear I must field them wrong because they either smash faces or do TERRIBLE), and my two broodlords killing about 15 nobs and 20 boyz in total, and survived all the way to the last round before they finally fell to a power klaw or two. Oh and the lucky missile shot early on that immobilized a deff dred first turn meaning it did literally nothing all game.

• karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm taking a wacky bike list to Alamo GT. I really hope that bikes are better in 6th.

I'm taking a wacky bike list to Alamo GT. I really hope that bikes are better in 6th.

Fuck yeah

E26cO.jpg
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular

As a RavenWing player, I'll second that!

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Hot and Nerdy Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    saluksic wrote: »
    Flame wars on page one! We're off to a good start :P

Always a good sign. :)

girl.jpg
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Bikes aren't on the table until 8th. Sorry bro

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I just had a sudden flash of nostalgia to make a 'Z' necron army...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp18OG3Tmhg&amp;feature=related

Ohhhh.... maaaaannnnnnnn....

website_header.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    That stormtalon is all that flyers in 40k should be - hovering gunships, not bombers or fighters.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    I just had a sudden flash of nostalgia to make a 'Z' necron army...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp18OG3Tmhg&amp;feature=related

Ohhhh.... maaaaannnnnnnn....

Ahahahahah!!! Z was so good, my buddy and I used to take turns playing it so much. That game got friggin hard, though.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Z was one of those games that I played the shit out of as a kid but I've never heard anyone talk about before.

That game was awesome.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Man, I remember that! I sucked at it though.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    The rumors on the rules for the Ork ones make them sound fucking awful

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Oh and the lucky missile shot early on that immobilized a deff dred first turn meaning it did literally nothing all game.

I used to love doing that to my friends tanks in 3rd edition. I'd nail them with a couple of shots and immobilize them, then try to destroy weapons that are still pointed towards the battle. Did it to my friends Land Raiders a few times. Every turn, he'd sit there, longingly looking at that 250pt lump that can't more or see anyone with its remaining guns. I didn't care about the VPs, just the look on his face every turn, when he tried to see if a gun had an extreme angle shot on something.

-Loki- on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Oh and the lucky missile shot early on that immobilized a deff dred first turn meaning it did literally nothing all game.

I used to love doing that to my friends tanks in 3rd edition. I'd nail them with a couple of shots and immobilize them, then try to destroy weapons that are still pointed towards the battle. Did it to my friends Land Raiders a few times. Every turn, he'd sit there, longingly looking at that 250pt lump that can't more or see anyone with its remaining guns. I didn't care about the VPs, just the look on his face every turn, when he tried to see if a gun had an extreme angle shot on something.

Yeah I was trying to do something similar with my hive guards, but I kept rolling double 2s over and over with them -_-

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    I love things like landspeeders and stuff, so that Storm Talon could be really cool.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Unless the Ork one(s) are both awesome looking and useful, fliers are officially a failure.

Of course, when I say "could be really cool" I really mean "could look really cool painted with the rest of my models."

Oh I know. I don't judge coolness based on performance. That's the awesomeness scale. :bz

edited May 2012
    So apparently the second half of the new Grey Knights novel is just Logan Grimnar fucking around with the with Grey Knights and the Inquisition. Like, actively fighting with them to defend innocent civilians.

If I didn't have to spend the weekend doing design tests, I would be reading this right now.

Matrias on
This discussion has been closed.