As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castrate All Nazis: This Time in Afrika [Sniper Elite V3]

• GentlemanGiantGentlemanGiant Registered User regular
    So does anyone have a list of all the rifles, submachine guns, and sidearms in the game?
    I can't find a weapons list posted anywhere online.

Mostly I was wondering if there was a Russian handgun. It would fit the pattern of American, German, and Russian weapons for the submachine gun and rifle slots, but I'm pretty far in the game and still only have the Welrod and the Luger.

steam_sig.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Speaking of, I see that you unlock weapons by completing missions, but... where do you unlock them? Where can you change them/where are they used?

Are you the magic man?
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Loading screen between missions, before you start the mission. Upper right corner. I think it might be objectives but if you go into that the next menu in is for load out.

thanks, can't believe I missed that.

Are you the magic man?
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I wish you could pick up land mines and trip mines that you end up not needing. I sat some down to cover my butt and ended up taking out like 5 guys in a courtyard, some right next to each other, without anyone noticing using the sound of mortars to mask my gunfire. This game is awesome. I also just got my first 2 for 1 headshot. It might have been the coolest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Steam: offday
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    thanks, can't believe I missed that.

It took me a while to realize that, I actually stumbled onto it by accident.

I was all 'where my pre-order guns at, son?' and then there they were.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I wish you could pick up land mines and trip mines that you end up not needing. I sat some down to cover my butt and ended up taking out like 5 guys in a courtyard, some right next to each other, without anyone noticing using the sound of mortars to mask my gunfire. This game is awesome. I also just got my first 2 for 1 headshot. It might have been the coolest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

The most annoying thing about the mines is that you don't trigger them yourself. Like running past the tripmine would be fine since you know its there, after all you did place it :p

But the regular land mine should go off if you walk back over it.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    OMNOMNOM bullets. In the mouth and out the pooper!
    D9DFC852619250C9F1BD4DB80433DEBCA57AFE94

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I also just got my first 2 for 1 headshot. It might have been the coolest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Got a chance to play this at a friends place today. Shot a guy, he props up against a wall dead. For funsies and to see if the body's ragdoll, I get closer and shoot the dead man in the head. The bullet passes through, travels like 100 feet, and hits another guy in the head.

This game is alright

• BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    I just want a range card for the Springfield.

steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I just want a range card for the Springfield.

Playing on Sniper Elite, there's no real gauge for what the range is, but in playing around for about 4 hours with the game, I've gotten a pretty good feel for the Springfield.

IME, firing to a position level w/ the character, you need to give about 1 mill for every 200-220 meters. From elevated positions, angles greater than 45 degrees need a similar hold, where as 20-45 degrees need to be reduced to 1/2 mill for 200 meters.

Wind and enemy movement are of course variable, so any horizontal hold is straight eyeballing.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Yeah, I'm definitely liking multiplayer. It's kind of funny though because voice chat is global for some reason (bug? intentional?), so you can totally hear what anyone is saying, even the other team.

Hearing people trying to flank you is pretty hilarious if you go ahead and use it to your advantage. Of course, people started getting tricky after that and using it to fake people out.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    OMNOMNOM bullets. In the mouth and out the pooper!
    D9DFC852619250C9F1BD4DB80433DEBCA57AFE94

Oh my goodness... ouch.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    I decided to pick this up because of the $30 deal. It feels a lot like Hitman, which is good! I've always wished that Hitman made sniping more fun and that's exactly what this game is. I like the camera for killshots, since it kind of drives home the "every shot counts" feel, and the x-ray when nailing something vital is as spectacular as it was in Mortal Kombat. I don't know anything about real-life guns but the shooting in this feels good.

I do wish that the AI were a little less idiotic, since, for example, crouching down next to a waist-high railing isn't taking cover, it's giving me a stationary target. At the same time it would be nice if they didn't instantly know right where I was when I'm popping shots off from a distance, but whatever, that's not enough to stop me from enjoying it.

How's the co-op? Has anyone tried it yet?

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I decided to pick this up because of the $30 deal. It feels a lot like Hitman, which is good! I've always wished that Hitman made sniping more fun and that's exactly what this game is. I like the camera for killshots, since it kind of drives home the "every shot counts" feel, and the x-ray when nailing something vital is as spectacular as it was in Mortal Kombat. I don't know anything about real-life guns but the shooting in this feels good.

I do wish that the AI were a little less idiotic, since, for example, crouching down next to a waist-high railing isn't taking cover, it's giving me a stationary target. At the same time it would be nice if they didn't instantly know right where I was when I'm popping shots off from a distance, but whatever, that's not enough to stop me from enjoying it.

How's the co-op? Has anyone tried it yet?

They don't, they figure it out if you keep shooting from the same position. Numerous times I've dropped two guys and started to flank, only to end up behind the enemy as they continue to fire at where I was When I killed the first two guys. The only bullshit instantly knowing where I am is the fucking snipers the game spawns. Fuck those guys..

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Played the demo a bit, decided this will be a must buy below $30.

Tried playing through the dlc for sniper ghost warrior after, and just can't. Everything feels wrong.

Do the levels become less linear later? The demo had a very being lead down a hallway feeling. Admittedly I only played up until you were placing explosives, because i kept reloading to re-do shots.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Played the demo a bit, decided this will be a must buy below $30.

Tried playing through the dlc for sniper ghost warrior after, and just can't. Everything feels wrong.

Do the levels become less linear later? The demo had a very being lead down a hallway feeling. Admittedly I only played up until you were placing explosives, because i kept reloading to re-do shots.

That's pretty much the end of the demo and no, I haven't noticed the levels open up overly much.

Also, getgamesgo.com I think it is, should still have it for 30 bucks that includes the preorder stuff. That's close enough to below 30 for this game, I think.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure they will sell the pre-order stuff as DLC in the future right? I mean in this day and age I couldn't imagine them forever locking out stuff like the Hitler mission to people that didn't pre-order. But if they have made any kind of retarded statement saying that it will forever be pre-order exclusive, then I'll hop on the getgamesgo deal.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited May 2012
    I've found the missions to have gotten less linear in some areas. You're still going from A to B but there's a lot of busted up buildings to go through. For example, the church mission has quite a few ways of getting around.

$30 is an excellent price. I paid the steam preorder price and don't regret it. Be wary that if you wait to long you probably won't be able to try the multiplayer as I don't recall this game being called Call of Duty/Battlefield: Sniper Elite.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure they will sell the pre-order stuff as DLC in the future right? I mean in this day and age I couldn't imagine them forever locking out stuff like the Hitler mission to people that didn't pre-order. But if they have made any kind of retarded statement saying that it will forever be pre-order exclusive, then I'll hop on the getgamesgo deal.

They said it's an exclusive mission for pre-orders, but I honestly don't know what that means exactly. Exlusive for a couple months maybe? I don't know.

I think they will release it as DLC. It's a mission, just like the game, but a bit shorter. Still to make that level and then only keep it for people who pre-ordered it just seems like a waste when they could be making money on it. I'm sure they'll release it at some point, same with the guns.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I need this game in my life.

And yeah, based on what I saw during a demonstration last night, a lot of the non-linear gameplay comes from deciding who to kill when, and how. Like maybe you have a pretty clear shot to that one guy, but he's more likely to be noticed than that other guy up on the ledge.

Is stealthing past guards an option in some cases? The guy demonstrating the game didn't try it, but I saw what looked like opportunities to do so.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Sometimes its possible to stealth by, you can certainly sneak up on guys and stealth kill them. You also get rocks that you can throw to distract guards, so more or less.

One problem you might sometimes run into is that you sneak past a few guys, but when you get into a firefight a little bit further on, those guys will be coming up from behind you since you didn't take care of them.

Sometimes its possible to stealth by, you can certainly sneak up on guys and stealth kill them. You also get rocks that you can throw to distract guards, so more or less.

One problem you might sometimes run into is that you sneak past a few guys, but when you get into a firefight a little bit further on, those guys will be coming up from behind you since you didn't take care of them.

This is what trip mines are for.

edited May 2012
    You can even throw rocks at guys. I had a guy run up to me while I was about to throw a rock to distract him, so I threw it at him instead which kind of made him stumble back a little bit and gave me enough time to get my secondary weapon out and kill him.

It's also worth noting that rocks are infinite in outdoor areas, but I'm pretty sure during one of the indoor missions, I didn't have access to them at all.

anoffday on
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Yesssss... this finally finished downloading last night. Gonna hop on tonight and kill some mans.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
    as much as I love using the colt, taking a pistol other than the silenced one feels pretty pointless. you already have your submachine gun as a secondary for when shit hits the fan, and having a silenced weapon for stealth is pretty invaluable.

Are you the magic man?
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Damn it, the game runs horrible compared to the demo, with the exact same settings.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Damn it, the game runs horrible compared to the demo, with the exact same settings.

Hmm, I'm not having problems.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    No issues here either.

Runs great for me. Just like the demo did. I even hooked it up to my 3dtv the other day and it was smoothly pumping 1080p to each eye.

Pretty rad in 3d btw.

*shrug* The steam forums seem to indicate that I'm not alone, so I dunno.

What GPU?

Drivers up-to-date?

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Played some multiplayer after the game unlocked. Quite fun, great for short bursts of manshooty goodness.

Loving the slow, methodical pace.

Ha! I ran through the demo so much that i knew exactly where to set up my trip mine and land mine. Three kills off the trip, two off the land.

Also, that feel when your bullet passes through the neck of a Russian and shatters the face of the German he was engaged in battle with.

I'm not getting an awful lot of cool xray shots though. Just played through the flak tower mission, and ive probably seen 5 of them. Its a little disappointing... =\

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    @Dr_Keenbeen GTX 560TI and yes.
    @Skull2185 There's an option to change how often the slow motion shots happen.

@Dr_Keenbeen GTX 560TI and yes.
    @Skull2185 There's an option to change how often the slow motion shots happen.

Not in the 360 version, apparently :(

The game likes to change itself to Low Priority so that might have something to do with it?

Yay, I finally got to play this last night. The first time I shot off someone's balls I got my money's worth... now it's all gravy.
    I love this game... the x-ray kill cam really makes it for me. There's something infinitely satisfying about seeing your enemy's pieces go flying.

Couple of quips though: It's seems really easy to get hung up on the debris and terrain. I'll often be cutting close around something while crouched and I'll get stuck on an invisible corner. It's gotten me killed a few times.

And the checkpoint save system is brutally unforgiving. The mission with the museum took me 2 hours 40 minutes to complete cuz I kept dying over and over and over and OVER. It might've just been bullshit luck that I got through that one at all. I'd have killed for a quicksave. FUCK checkpoints.

Minor frustrations aside, though, putting a round through some poor fool's head at 300 yards and watching his eyeball pop out is... just wow.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I need this game in my life.

And yeah, based on what I saw during a demonstration last night, a lot of the non-linear gameplay comes from deciding who to kill when, and how. Like maybe you have a pretty clear shot to that one guy, but he's more likely to be noticed than that other guy up on the ledge.
    I was inordinately pleased when I reallized that I didn't even have to shoot the chump at the end of the demo mission - you can just wait until his truck is near the booby trap you've set up and blow it up. If you time it right, you can get the trailing truck as well, meaning that there's no one to shoot back at you.

Or you can blow up the armoured car, and then shoot the fuel tanks on the trucks and kill people that way. Very, very cool.

Still haven't quite gotten the hang of masking my shots with explosions, and I do sometimes feel like the enemy instantly knows where I am, but otherwise this was a very strong demo and I'll probably get a copy of this at some point.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    Still haven't quite gotten the hang of masking my shots with explosions, and I do sometimes feel like the enemy instantly knows where I am, but otherwise this was a very strong demo and I'll probably get a copy of this at some point.

I'm not awesome at masking them either - there's a "sound wave" icon that shows up in the top right when it's loud enough that your shots won't be heard, is that right? I've only really seen that icon appear in the rocket facility level. Am I missing something?

Folks don't usually seem to know quite where I am - the game seems to put down a ghost of your character in your last discovered location, where they enemy thinks you are, so it's easy enough to tell where they'll be firing/looking, and then it's just a matter of leaving the area without being spotted again or making too much noise (not really very easy, but depending on the level I've been able to accomplish it).

camo_sig2.png