As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edinburgh Manor (Mini Phalla) Day 6: Mafia and Princess Victory!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Good morning village, have we found anything to protect against deranged murders and ghosts yet?

I'm okay with heading towards the Study, as I mentioned earlier in the hopes of finding new info. I'm also okay with the vote for !BobCesca.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Dear sirs, I hope we are correct since we have the soldier's backing on this vote!
    SIR HENRY FRANCIS CHRISTIAN SLATER

Dear sirs... why is sportz still here?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    Dear sirs, I hope we are correct since we have the soldier's backing on this vote!

Because trifling with a noble is not for the light of heart!

Also, I have heard it said that hunting the disinterested when the evil lurk is the realm of the FOOL.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular

Also, I have heard it said that hunting the disinterested when the evil lurk is the realm of the FOOL.

Perhaps you misunderstand my intentions. Given that we
    have lost a royal prince and a royal guard, perhaps your royal
    highness should keep her head down, around waist level?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular

I fear my adoring public would not stand for that.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I fear my adoring public would not stand for that.
    Well excuuuuuuuse me princess

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    To the the study! I wonder if poking around will reveal anything there.

I will vote for The Road Virus because he was rather defensive about not being an attic doll. Cheerio! Pip pip!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Spoit your hateboner is scaring me...D:

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I see your votes, and I weep.
    But silently. On the inside.
    So you all still think I'm manly

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Oh, right. Study. Knew I was forgetting something!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    even kiwi doctors are crazy.

right i see not much has really happened.

how delightful

• Options
    Well excuuuuuuuse me princess

I forgive you.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    I see your votes, and I weep.
    But silently. On the inside.
    So you all still think I'm manly

the manliest attic doll! <3

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Voting is now closed. Narration in about an hour.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edinburgh Manor
    Like moths to the flame
    Study
    Day 3

Another day in this rotting old dump of a house and he would be back at work. It wasn’t the greatest line of work, but it was honest, and he was good at it. What more could a man want out of life? Well, for starters, the shoeshine could have wished for cleaner fingernails. It wasn’t just the sidelong looks he was getting. A shifty looking fellow, nervous and sweating, in a room full of people looking for someone to distrust. That was a recipe for disaster.

BobCesca went into the servant’s quarters of the attic to try to scrub his nails. He was scrubbing too furiously to notice the angry mob before it was too late. Another one of their own, torn to shreds.

Lord William Edinburgh was delighted. His house was full of life again, and with the help of some unwelcome, shady entrepreneurs, it would soon be full of death. He didn’t necessarily need their help, but let’s face it, if we were keeping score, Team Ghost is in dead last. He had to make this next one count. He had a reputation to uphold.

It was during a lazy glide between hallways when he found his next victim. Quickly, he re-entered the mind of his living vessel and willed him to move. He made his way into the side room where he saw him. He had waited for this moment for what seemed like eternity, so perhaps it was the thought of revenge that clouded his vision, because by the time he let go of the man’s neck, it was too late.

He had just killed the TheRoadVirus, the blacksmith instead.

“That’s okay,” said the Ghost. “He did really shoddy work on my horses when I was alive, anyway. And I’m pretty sure he stole from me.”

This was enough justification for the mistake for him, and he went back to drifting through the hallways, humming happily to himself.

Once again, the townspeople moved to another area of the house. By now, it had become less about finding a way out and more about moving away from all the bodies. This time, they moved on to the study. And once again, it looked like somebody had been here before.

The magician was excited. Maybe there would be some interesting books in here. Maybe some ancient, magical secrets? Edinburgh was known for being widely traveled.

lonelyahava thumbed through volume after volume, tilting a book forward and letting it fall back onto the shelf.

“Lots of rubbish, if you ask me.”

By the time she made her way to the end of one of the shelves she had an armful of volumes to peruse. It wasn’t until she had settled in a nearby armchair that she heard a familiar mechanical click. If it wasn’t the hundreds of books that killed her, it was the twelve-foot-high, solid walnut shelf. And then there was the vat of acid balanced on top.

008.jpg

The mastermind was speaking in hushed tones to the wiry figure.

“And it went off in the study as planned?”

“Just as planned. I told yer it would. These blokes 'ave no idea wot they're walkin' into. Fools.”

“Good. Use fire next time. I’d like to see some fire.”

The man laughed with a mouthful of rotting teeth. He was an ugly, terrifying looking man. The missing fingers didn’t help.

Heading down toward the study, the mastermind suddenly slid into place behind a decorated column and waited. He had heard a voice he recognized coming around the corner. It gladdened him. Reaching inside his jacket, he pulled out his straight razor. It had been cleaned and polished, and he held it out around the corner to see the soldier in its reflection. Just then, in the blink of an eye, he was gone. It was as if someone swept him away down another hallway.

The soldier thanked the man for his help. That was a close call. As he rounded another corner to make his way to the study, he bumped into something hard. Looking down, he saw a man fiddling with the door to the master suite.

“What are you doing there?”

“Oh me? Nothing.”

The man stood up quickly, dropping a set of lock picks onto the ground. He reached down to retrieve them, but the soldier’s boot was covering them.

“Not so fast. You and me are going to have a little talk.”

He grabbed Assuran by the neck and pushed him into the bedroom. He didn’t get much information out of him, but it’s hard to talk with a boot on your larynx. Especially once your throat caves in.

009.jpg

BobCesca, the shoeshine. Killed by the townspeople.
    lonelyahava, the Magician. Killed by a trap.
    Assuran, the Locksmith. Killed by the Soldier
    TheRoadVirus, the blacksmith. Killed by the Ghost of Edinburgh.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    0000OOOOO00000OOOOO00000ooooo00000

I was hoping to be done in by the ghost if I was gonna die.

0000OOOOO00000oooooo00000oooooo0000

• Options
    Assuran had a reciprocal vote on gaunt's ghost day one, and was on the winning wagon every other day

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    An okay night.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nice job, Cayrus. And sorry, Cesca.

Assuran was my other suspicion, so.. yay? I guess my mafiadar isn't completely faulty, I just picked wrong in my 50/50. (I thought they were both mafia, but I'm not duna. ;) )

Other than that I don't really know, other than to maybe look at who jumped on my wagon. Langly is smart enough to know that I have a history of starting wagons with my loud mouth, even when I don't necessarily mean to, and would know that getting in on the eventual vote winner early would be a good hiding spot.

But I honestly haven't been especially suspicious of Langly in general, so please don't assume I know what I'm talking about.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    blah

Langly

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Sorry I forgot to vote yesterday. I was playing League of Legends and just got back from The Avengers movie. Won't happen again.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    0000OOOOO00000OOOOO00000ooooo00000

told you I wasn't evil...

0000OOOOO00000oooooo00000oooooo0000

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Anyone have a spreadsheet of the voting so far?

With a mafia now dead, voting records should be useful.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    OOooooOOOOOoooo

woohoo!

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Obi: I think Langly has a spreadsheet.

Other than that -- I'm not really seeing the Langly vote. I'll put a provisional on !Anialos - there's something hinky about him, but it's more of a gut feeling than anything supported by what you'd call "evidence".

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    so uh, I don't know if other people are feeling this, but I'm pretty fucking tired of an extra mafia kill by using traps, so I was thinking maybe if we stayed in the study we wouldn't die?

• Options
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    oooOOoOoOoOoOOooOOO

I live on.... through this.... horseshoe...
    *cough cough*
    good luck, brothers! my head feels..... funny

ooOooOoooOooOooOooOoo

:whistle: Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again :whistle:

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    so uh, I don't know if other people are feeling this, but I'm pretty fucking tired of an extra mafia kill by using traps, so I was thinking maybe if we stayed in the study we wouldn't die?

True, but if we stay in the study the mafia might find their mcguffin?

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    As for me vote, I tire of sportz presence. I'd also like tah take a look in the Master Suite.

• Options
    Really Anialos? wasting the vote on a neutral?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am pretty sure the mafia searching for something has no bearing on the game at all. They'll find it (or not) when the game is over and they win/lose.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Really Anialos? wasting the vote on a neutral?

Sorry, must have missed that. Spoit. Better?

• Options
    Much :mrgreen:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh yeaaaah, sportz is that purty princess lady. Bit of a snobby one though. Needs a bit o' a tumble wit' tha likes o' me if y'know wha I'm sayin'.

• Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Obi: I think Langly has a spreadsheet.

Other than that -- I'm not really seeing the Langly vote. I'll put a provisional on !Anialos - there's something hinky about him, but it's more of a gut feeling than anything supported by what you'd call "evidence".

Posting spurt before trip go! My gut is tellin' me Obifett wants ye dead fer sum reason. I'm a man likes tah work wit me hands, not me mind, so I'll be discountin' yer suspicious o' me. Sumtimes I'm s'picious o' meself.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Are we going to the Study now?

• Options
    we're in the study now. I am just saying that staying here might take away the trap mechanic.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    It might also enhance it or give way to something worse.

Just saying.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the mafia searching for something has no bearing on the game at all. They'll find it (or not) when the game is over and they win/lose.

Alternatively, if its in the room, they've probably already got it, and if it's not, keeping them here should stop that as well.

Study