As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    You'll get Warding totem at 60

A real draw and shift to Mystic happens at 26 or 28 with the mana balls. Also the short duration buff that adds power is fun to toss out there, plus it chains into heal orb.

There's still fun to be had and new things to keep it interesting, trust me.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Wulfus wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll do that when I get home. OP has the guild name listed as "We Are Nice Guys".

WANG is the name of the guild on Dragonfall. Again, I don't believe there is one on Valley of Titans, but as I've not been there personally I guess I can't say for sure.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Create a healing ball right when the pull happens, then crank out a couple more as soon as the cool down is done. Then heal people with more than 80% of their health.

You will have the monsters attention unless the lancer works pretty hard to get it back.

I have seen suggestions to hold off on the targeted heal until 75% or less health. Pop the healing balls before the fight starts, or spaced out about three cool downs worth (I have the mana balls to space out my drops).

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    At the start of battle if you have unactivated charms as a mystic, attack the boss once to go into combat. then let yourself drop so you can retain charm effects without having the slow incombat speed. Healing and buffing doesn't put you in combat even though technically you are still on the threat table

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    necrologyxnecrologyx Registered User regular
    I'm wondering how heal threat works, and whether you generate threat healing full health targets (overhealing threat). Also, it's fun but kind of sad that at 23 I have all of the heals I'll ever have.

my understanding is that you get more threat for overhealing.

Also, who is everyone in game? My main at the moment is Alainya, 35 Lancer

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    necrologyx wrote: »
    I'm wondering how heal threat works, and whether you generate threat healing full health targets (overhealing threat). Also, it's fun but kind of sad that at 23 I have all of the heals I'll ever have.

my understanding is that you get more threat for overhealing.

Also, who is everyone in game? My main at the moment is Alainya, 35 Lancer

More than effective heals or more than zero?

Karulytic, 24 Warrior and Luminos, 24 Mystic (probably new main)

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Comrade1809Comrade1809 Registered User regular
    Devrona, 35 archerer and Secras, 21 priest.
    As mentioned, I will be making a Lancer today. No clue what name yet.

EVE: TrueAnger

“The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

“This Snow Crash thing--is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?”
    Juanita shrugs. “What's the difference?”
    ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
  • Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Got to 53 last night and hit up a new zone. Good fucking god mobs have a TON OF HEALTH now!

It takes, 2 Fireblasts, a Hail Storm, 2-3 Ice Needles/Magma Bombs and 1-2 Void Pulses. It's getting absolutely ridiculous to kill regular mobs. (That's about 30 seconds of chain casting)

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    What's that do to your mana?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Takes it away. Repeatedly. I have to keep Mana Infusion up and cast Mana Siphon pretty often.

Debating changing up some Glyphs. Might remove the 17% Faster Cast on Fireblast, since I pop Celerity whenever it's up and pretty much don't cast Fireblast without it. Not sure what to get though, I just need to get more damage out...somehow.

Quintessin on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Hitting a new weapon tier is always the best feeling as a berserker. Killing a mob goes from 30second fights to two-hit fights. I got a nice 44 gold axe off the broker for just over 30g and am plowing the undead in the mountains now.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Hitting a new weapon tier is always the best feeling as a berserker. Killing a mob goes from 30second fights to two-hit fights. I got a nice 44 gold axe off the broker for just over 30g and am plowing the undead in the mountains now.

Yeah that happened to me as a Sorc, too. But, 38-44 is a pretty big gap. I got a new weapon at 50, and a new Fireblast rank...and stuff still took ages to kill. Mobs 50-60 just have fucktons of health, it's ridiculous.

• Options
    Comrade1809Comrade1809 Registered User regular
    If it's this bad for Sorcs, I wonder how crappy it will be for an Archer..

EVE: TrueAnger

“The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

“This Snow Crash thing--is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?”
    Juanita shrugs. “What's the difference?”
    ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    See sig for my current main.

Only level 28 at the moment. I can't keep up with you poopsockers!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Is there PVP at all on PvE servers? I just got this game.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man I havent got to play this game again yet... I cant wait to... Moustachio will ride again sirs.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Moustachio will ride again sirs.

I read that so wrong the first time.
    :winky:

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man I havent got to play this game again yet... I cant wait to... Moustachio will ride again sirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj21NTCHaAY&feature=player_detailpage

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    New Thread. Just like the old thread only better. Kicking things off with hilarious failure.

<snip>

Ooo, big dragon. On a side note; with mystics having the lock-on condition removal, does that mean the only way to self-cleanse is using healing orbs? It's definitely looks like a different playstyle than my priest for sure, as I'm usually pretty close by DPSing between heals.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    flammiebc wrote: »
    New Thread. Just like the old thread only better. Kicking things off with hilarious failure.

<snip>

Ooo, big dragon. On a side note; with mystics having the lock-on condition removal, does that mean the only way to self-cleanse is using healing orbs? It's definitely looks like a different playstyle than my priest for sure, as I'm usually pretty close by DPSing between heals.

From my understanding the self-heal fairy also cleanses, but haven't verified.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    How long do dungeon runs generally take, on average?

My biggest issue with MMOs is that I can't always guarantee that I can devote 2+ hours in a stretch to play. Typically what I end up doing is maxing out a char, not being able to do any endgame stuff as it takes too long, and then rolling a new char.

Just once I'd like to be able to see the end of an MMO. :(

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Magalene (21ish zerker), Yelir (baby lancer) Squirrelbait (not in guild..yet)

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    How long do dungeon runs generally take, on average?

My biggest issue with MMOs is that I can't always guarantee that I can devote 2+ hours in a stretch to play. Typically what I end up doing is maxing out a char, not being able to do any endgame stuff as it takes too long, and then rolling a new char.

Just once I'd like to be able to see the end of an MMO. :(

5 mans can be cleared in about 20-30 min on average depending on knowledge of the dungeon and difficulty. once you get the mechanics down you can probably clear it sub 25 minutes

flammiebc wrote: »

<snip>

Thrall of life. Your best friend in the world. huge huge self healing and decursing. basically THE oh shit button.

• Options
    rpshoggothrpshoggoth Registered User regular
    I feel like i may have ruined myself on other classes starting with a warrior. I watch other classes fight so statically on noob island and it just seems like such a bummer. I was killing quest bosses other people were bitching about by accident. I would just spend 2 or 3 times longer dancing around them, not taking damage and chewing them up.

Whoever linked the original warrior mobility video and pointed out the regen glyphs, god bless you. I am enjoying the gameplay so much is almost painful.

• Options
    JerechoJerecho Registered User regular
    Dragonfall chars:

Jerecho - 32 Priest
    Rayfe - 30 Archer (new main)

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    rpshoggoth wrote: »
    I watch other classes fight so statically on noob island and it just seems like such a bummer.

Bolded for emphasis. You called it noob island correctly for a reason.

Disclaimer: all the below is largely my opinion and observations. I have experience with the lancer and archer to level 20.

Slayers should be moving around as much as a warrior (based on watching my friend playing.) All ranged should never be hit (regularly), in my opinion. Archers have too many tools to kite like a boss. Berserker has a block, but I would still disengage and reposition in combat.

Granted, Lancers don't move much. But I can tell you that, for me, that's part of the fun too. I get to feel like an immovable juggernaut grinding my enemies to dust on my lance and shield. And, I can and still do move to dodge an attack, I just don't have a ready made skill for a defensive roll out of the way.

Really, once BAM's enter the picture, face tanking and static fighting will end up with the player transformed into a red smear on he ground. Unless it's a berserker or lancer with the block skill.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    My Lancer just hit 20

I feel like a badass riding on my horse with my lance and shield.

I cant wait to start the dungeon and tank. I am sure I will get queues so freaking fast too

• Options

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options

Not yet, but my understanding is they're implementing GvG and BGs.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    My Lancer just hit 20

I feel like a badass riding on my horse with my lance and shield.

I cant wait to start the dungeon and tank. I am sure I will get queues so freaking fast too

You will have more power than the gods in this game, you will control the very fates of players across all servers, whether they get a short queue or they'll have to wait for forty agonizing minutes. Muahahaha!

• Options

Not yet, but my understanding is they're implementing GvG and BGs.

Ahh ok, so it's in the works at least that's good. I dont want to be PVP'd or ganked all the time in a game like this, but i'd like to still participate in some PVP.

I applied for the guild as a Mystic.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Figures. Thanks to trying out a peek weekend, then buying a mini preorder, I had two trial accounts on my main TERA account (EU). Unfortunately they weren't actually labeled with anything useful, just "Trial" and "Trial 2" on one end and "Tera" and "Tera 2" on the other. Asked support to delete the peek so I wouldn't accidentally apply my full game to the wrong one and they went "don't woooooooooooorry, we'll be merging all of those come release".
    Yeah, guess what didn't happen. And guess which account my CE ended up being applied to. Man, it's nice having reserved character names on the wrong account. I'll be twisting their LiveChat crew's fingers come morning if it's the last thing I do.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well, my account issues were resolved by the time I got home from work today, fortunately.

Ended up getting my Slayer to 21, and man does that class ever open up at 16.

Overhead Strike is a total game changer for Slayer, and completely alters the way it plays. Not to mention causing its DPS to shoot through the goddamn roof.

• Options
    Did I mention I love my zerk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZLyftIjxs

Dude, zerks are utterly hilarious when played well. I love watching them. It's like "hmm....nope....nope...Ahhh-nope....ah, here we go-SMASH! >:O"

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
  • Options
    phoenix555555phoenix555555 Registered User regular
    I've just discovered the hilarious awesomeness of the Baraka warrior. There's nothing quite like watching what is, essentially, a 10 ton living boulder twirl around like a top while annihilating anything that moves.

• Options
    Dungeon run speed time changes pretty drastically. Golden Labyrinth is a pretty huge damn dungeon, and while we 4-manned it I'd still wager it takes 35-40 minutes to clear.

• Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    I hated Aion.

Any chance i'd like Tera?

PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    phoenix555555phoenix555555 Registered User regular
    I hated Aion too, but love Tera. If you think you might like anime-ish characters with action-rpg combat, I say give it a go.

This discussion has been closed.