As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Knights of the Dinner Table is a fun comic if you want non-superhero stuff.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Did Vanilla just eat my post on what to grab for X-Men? Damn you Vanilla, quit being a hater of mutants.

u7stthr17eud.png

The fact it is still around surprises me. I love it though. Use to read it at work all the time.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »

The fact it is still around surprises me. I love it though. Use to read it at work all the time.

I only get the "bundle of trouble" compilation volumes so I havent read the very newest stuff but everythign I have (up through BoT volume 29) is still good times.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    my boy is playing some Sam & Max on the brobox. This stuff is actually pretty funny.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    my boy is playing some Sam & Max on the brobox. This stuff is actually pretty funny.

Sam & Max are classic.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Alright, reservations confirmed for the weekend. Maybe do some tubing, maybe do some horseback riding. Will very likely be dragged antiquing.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    holy shit it is so fucking hot

i am dying

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    From the ether!
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Winky If you want self enclosed stories, The Astonishing X-Men is pretty good. If you want to skip Whedon (who writes pretty good comics) just start with Ghost Box. There are a 4 different Ellis story arcs.

Also I would say pick up Ultimate Spiderman. I hated Ultimate X-Men, but Spiderman was amazing. Just good stuff. Good art, good writing and a fun story. I haven't read the newest stuff but my dad has and he likes it.

If you want some older stuff, grab the Age of Apocalypse stuff. Some of my favorite X-Men stuff ever made. It is a world without Xavier and is very dark. But some great characters. Also it is where Blink comes from and I love Blink.

I am way out of the loop of the current stuff but I think I will dig up Uncanny for the last year if I get some money. X-Men are still my first love with comics.

aRkpc.gif
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I don't really like the Beastie Boy's music

/contrarian

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    whew, almost done cleaning everything.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    This Twilight Struggle game is really neat but man it is a lot to take in at once.

One player plays the USSR one player plays the USA and you play through the Cold War. The game is VERY rooted in history. The gameplay is mostly driven by a deck of 110 cards. The catch is that each of these 110 cards is unique and based in historical events (the soviets can play De Gaulle Leads France for example, to gain influence in France and remove the effects of NATO from France). Which is super neat! But also holy god so much to take in at once.

Have you ever played 1960: The Making Of The President?

No. I hear it is similar though. Yeah?

Yes. It is very rooted in history and what happened with the election (the Ike snub card can ruin Nixon, for one).

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Ronya is a warlock. BURN THE WARLOCK!

Thanks man.

u7stthr17eud.png
    holy shit it is so fucking hot

i am dying

Chilly but drier for most over the Bank Holiday
    4 May 2012

The weather is set to turn chillier for the Bank Holiday weekend, with colder air spreading from the north, although with a good deal of dry weather in store.

aRkpc.gif
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    What is it that people mean when they use "antique" as a verb?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Cross threading, because this is big news and you might miss it if you don't frequent the political threads,

We've regained all the jobs we lost in the recession.
    As of April, there are now more private sector jobs in the United States than there were in January 2009, when President Obama took office. You read that right. We have now replaced all of the private sector jobs lost while Obama has been president. And that was no mean feat, given that over the course of 2009, the private sector shed about 4.2 million jobs.

Imagine where we'd be if we weren't hemorrhaging public sector jobs.

Oh, right, those don't count.

/shrug

Lh96QHG.png
    Sarksus wrote: »

/contrarian

They cover a lot of ground, man. You don't like any of it?

I mean. Just in the above, Intergalactic is entirely different from Shake Your Rump, and neither is much like Paul Revere or Fight for your Right.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Being an expat in London is kind of strange sometimes. For example, this weekend is a long weekend (May Bank Holiday Monday) and I'm feeling guilty for not going overseas for the weekend. It almost feels like I'm wasting my time off

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    Bought $35 worth of dice today.

Vanguard on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »

to either make something look old or go shopping for antiques

919UOwT.png
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Going to antique stores

Covering your friends who are passed out at parties in flour

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

You're going out to buy and look at antiques.

I'm from one of America's Top 100 Places to Retire. Our entire downtown is antique shops.

This was one of my first verbs, probably.

Lh96QHG.png
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    The difference is that anyone can become a mutate, while mutants are born that way.

Fucking muggles.

It's like the difference between being deaf and being Deaf in the real world.

Cross threading, because this is big news and you might miss it if you don't frequent the political threads,

As of April, there are now more private sector jobs in the United States than there were in January 2009, when President Obama took office. You read that right. We have now replaced all of the private sector jobs lost while Obama has been president. And that was no mean feat, given that over the course of 2009, the private sector shed about 4.2 million jobs.

/shrug

I work with an fundy conservative, who basically thinks everything the government says is a lie. When I pointed this news out, to mostly excited head nods from my co-workers, he sets his jaw, looks at us with a straight face and says "The government is just trumping up data to get Obama re-elected".

This guy is a self avowed birther, thinks Obama is a muslim, and thinks the 2008 financial crisis was trumped up by Obama to give him something to "fix" in this election year. Any mention of Bush being the primary catalyst of the financial crisis sets this person in to a tizzy.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling

/shrug

This is what the Dems need to be publishing over and over again. Great demonstration how austerity doesn't lead to economic recovery.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Lordy lou, Gnome Tank, you work with an interesting person.

Let's look at Europe and see how well reckless austerity works out. Or, closer to home, at the state level in places like Florida.

Lh96QHG.png
    GnomeTank wrote: »

/shrug

I work with an fundy conservative, who basically thinks everything the government says is a lie. When I pointed this news out, to mostly excited head nods from my co-workers, he sets his jaw, looks at us with a straight face and says "The government is just trumping up data to get Obama re-elected".

This guy is a self avowed birther, thinks Obama is a muslim, and thinks the 2008 financial crisis was trumped up by Obama to give him something to "fix" in this election year. Any mention of Bush being the primary catalyst of the financial crisis sets this person in to a tizzy.

My dad isn't a fundy, but he thinks along similar lines. The word I would use is stupid.

Next time he wants to talk about the economy, I will bring this fact up, which he will disagree with. My response will be, "look it up," and he will, then dismiss it.

spool32 wrote: »

/contrarian

They cover a lot of ground, man. You don't like any of it?

I mean. Just in the above, Intergalactic is entirely different from Shake Your Rump, and neither is much like Paul Revere or Fight for your Right.

I kind of like Intergalactic because of the robot. I just don't like the lyrics and they have this tendency to shout the last word of every line. My exposure to them is mainly whatever my alt radio station plays, which is obviously not a wide sample of their music.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

/contrarian

You obviously don't feel it is necessary to fight for your right to party.

/shrug

So what you're saying is that if only we didn't follow the President's plan we'd be in better shape?

I agree!

(That's a meaningless stat because we also have more people)

Lordy lou, Gnome Tank, you work with an interesting person.

Let's look at Europe and see how well reckless austerity works out. Or, closer to home, at the state level in places like Florida.

Or Texas...

8->

globalization makes strange bedfellows

aRkpc.gif
    Vanguard wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

/shrug

My dad isn't a fundy, but he thinks along similar lines. The word I would use is stupid.

Next time he wants to talk about the economy, I will bring this fact up, which he will disagree with. My response will be, "look it up," and he will, then dismiss it.

If you do that with this guy, he will go find the most obscure scary fundy blog ever, and point to some random post by another scary fundy and go "SEE, LOOK, THE INTERNET SAID SO"....but if you then try and use real scientific sources, or, ya know, the media, it's "Oh, it's just those leftist leaning media and scientists!". It's frightening on a lot of levels. I basically don't engage the guy in serious talk anymore.

Man, the Falklands sounds hella English so I figured it was somewhere in the UK and wondered why the hell Argentina is involved with them. I have no idea about this piece of current events at all.

Depends. Usually it either means weathering something to make it look aged, or getting dragged to every antique shop in a hundred miles.

This discussion has been closed.