As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited May 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
JnY2Z.jpg

tnj8Y.jpg?1

YA932.jpg

FHUz1.jpg

ktCqW.jpg

rRwz9.gif
Jacobkosh on

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Well there is a D&D thread about the Falkland islands and people keep talking about it so I assume something is going on.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Hmmm..

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    The Argentine government are being ass hats about them in order to try and force the UK to give them oil monies and distract their people from their shitty economy.

Lh96QHG.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Man, the Falklands sounds hella English so I figured it was somewhere in the UK and wondered why the hell Argentina is involved with them. I have no idea about this piece of current events at all.

It's not really "current events" so much as "every so often Argentina decides the Falklands should be theirs because" and pulls stuff like this.

There was that one time they invaded, though.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Avengers [chat] is an acceptable substitute for Beastie Boys [chat].

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Well there is a D&D thread about the Falkland islands and people keep talking about it so I assume something is going on.

Not that I'm aware of. The Falklands War was 22 years ago, and England basically decimated the Argentine army and air force using one aircraft carrier, some transport ships, a few harriers and an expedition force of marines. There was one major incident where a lot of British troops died to a bombing run by the Argentine air force, but for the most part, it was a total embarrassment for the Argentine military junta.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Chat should talk about this guy

220px-Sir_Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart_by_Sir_William_Orpen.jpg

"Lieutenant-General Sir Adrian Carton de Wiart VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963), was a British officer of Belgian and Irish descent. He fought in the Boer War and both World Wars; was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip and ear; survived a plane crash, tunneled out of a POW camp, and bit off his own fingers when a doctor wouldn't amputate them. He later said "frankly I had enjoyed the war."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Just in case anyone wants to read it, Avengers volume 1 issue 1 is available for free through the Marvel app for iphone/android. They also have the first Avengers after siege and the first issue of the Dark Avengers.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited May 2012
    AMFE, I'm really shaky on economic stuff and generally stay out of the conversations, especially if ronya is prowling the [chat].

But I'll take the occasional cheap shot at low hanging fruit. ;-)

spool32 on
    The Argentine government are being ass hats about them in order to try and force the UK to give them oil monies and distract their people from their shitty economy.

That's the other thing, the Argentine government's interest in the Falklands is directly related to how well the current administration is doing in the polls.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. The Falklands War was 22 years ago, and England basically decimated the Argentine army and air force using one aircraft carrier, some transport ships, a few harriers and an expedition force of marines. There was one major incident where a lot of British troops died to a bombing run by the Argentine air force, but for the most part, it was a total embarrassment for the Argentine military junta.

You're well behind the times.

the most recent development was an ad for the Argentina olympic team titled "Playing on British Soil, Training on Argentinean" which was covertly filmed in the Falklands.

The Argentinean ambassador was also a dick to the UK's ambassador the other day saying something like "are you ready to talk about peace yet?"

Lh96QHG.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    yesss double dawnbreakers

my warrior monk is ready to really bust some undead heads

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    urrgghhh I hate it when companies go "hey this shit is free on iphone/android" "oh, you don't have either? go eat a bag of dicks"

spool32 wrote: »
    AMFE, I'm really shaky on economic stuff and generally stay out of the conversations, especially if ronya is prowling the [chat].

But I'll take the occasional cheap shot at low hanging fruit. ;-)

Oh, I know you will, but it helps if you actually hit the fruit. : P

Lh96QHG.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    urrgghhh I hate it when companies go "hey this shit is free on iphone/android" "oh, you don't have either? go eat a bag of dicks"

Its free through Marvel's online shop as well.

u7stthr17eud.png

This is especially annoying when their mobile site is either shite or non-existent, and/or they block or redirect "unsupported browsers" from their main site.

I wish I had some kind of hunk of cow to eat. Had some delicious fries, but now I want protein.

Lh96QHG.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    What's free now?

What's free for the android?

*has an android*

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I wanna play Sid meiers piraTes so bad right now

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Man I hate free stuff that requires me to have other things.

A friend gave me a PS3 for my birthday and I was all "this takes electricity? fffffffffffffffff"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    I will shortly have an android phone if this courier can be trusted.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    That Thor moment is one of my favorites.

Deebaser wrote: »

You sent back your iPad and so you can't buy it on iPad.

Did you know Pirates! was on iPad

iPad

Mim wrote: »

*has an android*

The Mass Effect 3 backup apps, for one. Well, two. But since you don't play it, it doesn't much matter.

Ugh, this free bottle of rum has two dead bugs at the bottom of it

Free things are the worst

Feral wrote: »

A friend gave me a PS3 for my birthday and I was all "this takes electricity? fffffffffffffffff"

It is irritating when companies prioritise an app for a specific platform over a usable mobile site. Especially when there's no reason whatever the app does couldn't be replicated by a normal website.

iPad

more like

iPaid

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

*has an android*

Androminion (free version of Dominion with all expansions, though no artwork)
    Legends of Yore

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Feral wrote: »

I submit that electricity, a basic utility, and an iPhone, an expensive luxury item, are not actually comparable in this regard.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    That Thor moment is one of my favorites.

Someone really needs to go back in and re-ink and re-color that whole run. It's classic stuff but that shitty paper was just eye-searing.

rRwz9.gif
    I never had an iPad.
    :(

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Port Royale 3 just came out via Steam. Haven't played it yet but #2 was a like a more modern (in terms of graphics / complexity) of Pirates.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

*has an android*

The Mass Effect 3 backup apps, for one. Well, two. But since you don't play it, it doesn't much matter.

Oh. Well then there goes my hard on for free stuff :|

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I love the Garth Ennis Thor moment when he says "Tis on!"

Also, my commendation pack had a Crusader in it. Thats the one that sucks, right?

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

The Falklands War was actually 30 years ago. *Pushes up glasses*

I'm interested that they spent money on an advert for the olympics which said "To train for the games on British soil, we train on Argentine soil", and filmed a dude jogging around the Falklands.

ME3 is just over £20 on various websites.

Hmmm

HMMMM

Bogart wrote: »
    I love the Garth Ennis Thor moment when he says "Tis on!"

Also, my commendation pack had a Crusader in it. Thats the one that sucks, right?
    it's not great

but it's no eagle

(depressed eagle II owner)

*has an android*

Oh. Well then there goes my hard on for free stuff :|

(you should buy it, it's pretty great until the last five minutes)

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

The Falklands War was actually 30 years ago. *Pushes up glasses*

I'm interested that they spent money on an advert for the olympics which said "To train for the games on British soil, we train on Argentine soil", and filmed a dude jogging around the Falklands.

And doing those little steps up and down on the foot of a British war memorial. Subtle.

This discussion has been closed.