As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    pffffffffffft (<3)

and yes! it is past my shoulders right now. i do need a haircut though, bangs are getting in my eyes and hair getting in my mouth ugggh

thinking bout the bronze highlights you suggested, too!

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    <3, too.

Yeah a bit of a tidy up is always a must when your eating your own hair! Oooh cool! Post pics if you go for it, kay? :)

of course!

Excellent! I love this thread.

• EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    Me too! One more interview tip: try not to say 'I don't know' - instead think about it and even say "let me think a moment" before coming up with some sort of response. They want to see how to think/evaluate! Also if you are venturing into territory that you're not familiar with, you can say something like "well, we did something like *this* and *this* at my last job, how do you do that here?" It's a good way to ease in questions :)
    Good luck! Wear lots of deodorant and keep your hands dry, I helped to interview two people last month who were sweatin' bullets in our 70* office.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Good luck, Bits! And you do look older/more mature with an updo! It really suits you. :)

I need a haircut. I have no idea what I'd get, though.

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    My face feels super icky these days. I was hoping I was getting to the age where acne would finally get rid of itself but I still get outbreaks and bluuuh.

XStly.jpg
    Wiet wrote: »
    My face feels super icky these days. I was hoping I was getting to the age where acne would finally get rid of itself but I still get outbreaks and bluuuh.

If its any help I don't think its that noticeable! Maybe it still will go away one day? Its not like you're in your fifties and you still have it. I think your skin is just fine.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Beauty thread I am going out with somebody new tonight, pretty excited

I should go make sure I have clean pants while I still have time to wash some

2x39jD4.jpg
    Liiya wrote: »

If its any help I don't think its that noticeable! Maybe it still will go away one day? Its not like you're in your fifties and you still have it. I think your skin is just fine.

Aw, thank you. It comes and goes really, sometimes my skin looks peachy keen, sometimes it looks like there's a war being fought. For a while I used skin salves but I stopped since I thought my acne was mostly gone, but it still keeps popping up.

XStly.jpg
    I used this

clean__clear_cleansing_lotion_sensitvie_335851.jpg?w=490

a few times a week but any spots I get are just the normal occurring ones you can't do much about. Sometimes products don't always work :(

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

If it makes you feel any better I'm 32 and still get stress pizza face

Skin is just super grumpy sometimes

• EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

If it makes you feel any better I'm 32 and still get stress pizza face

Skin is just super grumpy sometimes

For the last 10 years I have been fighting with trying to clear up my acne, except mine doesn't come and go, it pretty much just goes between severe and mild haha. One day I'll have clear skin!

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I keep recommending this: Alpha Hydrox Alpha Hydroxy Lotion

alpha-hydrox-aha-enhanced-lotion.jpg

It really helped with the skin discoloration I would get from acne (which it also helped reduce). Remember to use sunscreen with it though!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Have any of you guys ever tried SK-II's products? They're insanely popular here but, I hear, also quite a bit more expensive.

Anyway I think even the luckiest person occasionally gets a zit here and there from stress or weather or what have you. If you're getting them as a regular thing and the product you're using isn't helping, don't give up on products altogether, in my opinion - try something else and see how it goes. Astringents aren't always the best way, depending on how your skin reacts, for one thing.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Urgh, I had a friend with really really bad acne and it got her down something fierce. ...I mean that seems like such an empty statement to make, but it got to the stage where in later life she took special medication for it from the doc as well as using all sorts of treatments, because it persisted well beyond the expected stage despite everyone insisting "oh, you'll grow out of it!"

Anyway @Wiet I've had phases of having horrible skin and while I realise that makes this sound like I'm having some sort of contest, I mean it in the sense that I never really noticed anything bad about yours! I guess outbreaks happen to us all every now and then.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    @bowtiedseal, definitely go with the updo. It looks great. Also, that way you won't be tempted to fuss with your hair if you're nervous. As for the makeup and clothes, I would err on the side of conservative. Depends on your industry, though. Good luck with the interview!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I personally found that moisturizing helped me when I thought drying my skin out would. I have a lovely moisturizer by O'Hui that works wonders, but I don't think you can buy it elsewhere...

I still occasionally use tea tree oil for the ones I periodically get on my nose when I have a cold, though.

In other news has anyone tried this lip sand stuff that Lush has? Because I can't stop eating the 'Mint Julips' flavor I bought. I feel like one of my students.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    thanks everyone!
    Good luck! Wear lots of deodorant and keep your hands dry, I helped to interview two people last month who were sweatin' bullets in our 70* office.

I am definitely bringing a bit of talcum powder to put on my hands beforehand, I get clammy when nervous. thanks for the reminder!

@liiya I've been in one of those ruts lately too. I think I need a style shake up or something in order to get out of it! too bad we're thousands of miles and an ocean apart, I'd suggest we do a makeover day or something : )

Have any of you guys ever tried SK-II's products? They're insanely popular here but, I hear, also quite a bit more expensive.

Paging @Lexxy

She was using one that she really liked.

fabulousFantastic.png
  • EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    This might be weird, but sometimes I mix a small pea-sized amount of baking soda into my normal face wash and massage it on for a good minute, and then rinse really well and do a final rinse with cool water and my skin looks baby fresh. There was a week where all I could see was gross leathery old face, but I did this (actually used one of those face spinny scrubbrushes) and I looked shiny like I had an expensive salon treatment.

EclipsedPlanet on
  • StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    In other news has anyone tried this lip sand stuff that Lush has? Because I can't stop eating the 'Mint Julips' flavor I bought. I feel like one of my students.

I have that stuff! It is delicious, but it kinda weirds me out to lick it off my lips after. And I always get it everywhere.

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I have been super rubbish looking lately guys, I dunno maybe I am stuck in a rut. Booo. My hands are red from work and my boss' husband pointed out the marks under my eyes the other week making me feel all ugly, and my hair is just all crap.

Abloo bloo bloo.

I feel the same wayyyyy, girl. Come here, hug it out, c'mon.

The only person that doesn't make me feel like I look like crap is Annie, people at work tend to tease me about my weight or wonder why I don't wear makeup to work. BLEH

@liiya I've been in one of those ruts lately too. I think I need a style shake up or something in order to get out of it! too bad we're thousands of miles and an ocean apart, I'd suggest we do a makeover day or something : )
    It is! That would be really fun, too!

Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I feel the same wayyyyy, girl. Come here, hug it out, c'mon.

The only person that doesn't make me feel like I look like crap is Annie, people at work tend to tease me about my weight or wonder why I don't wear makeup to work. BLEH

Thanks Sara :) I need to find my own version of Annie I guess! It is awful people tease you about your weight at work, I've had that before and it sucks big style.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Pfft, who says you have to wear makeup to work

And who comments on someone else's weight? Do they comment on overweight people too?

That is bull, fuck those people

• halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Makeup, skincare and fashion? Only Cool Boys?
    Does this guy count?
    201204025128-e1333353830857.jpg
    Now that's makeup!
    (That's Yohio BTW)

halkun on
    Ok this definitely isn't the place for it but you ladies (and gentlemen) are all so nice and supportive in this thread and I need to vent for a moment

Spoilered for sad things
    I'm in a hospital right now. My grandpa, who I adore, is in surgery and I'm keeping my grandma company while she gets some sleep. He was diagnosed earlier this week with pancreatic cancer. It's already metastasized to his lungs and his doctor told him he's probably got 3 months left. I am having trouble dealing, even though this kind of thing should be expected when your grandparents get to be a certain age. Oh and my skin is all messed up from crying a lot this week so somewhat thread related! Sorry for bringing the sad to this thread :(

effffffff

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Thanks. It's so hard, he visited a few weeks ago and was his normal self!

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Really, really sorry to hear it.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Pfft, who says you have to wear makeup to work

And who comments on someone else's weight? Do they comment on overweight people too?

That is bull, fuck those people

Honestly I would happily wear makeup to work if the restaurant wasn't 90 degrees and I was CONSTANTLY sweating

but yeah I think it would be an exercise in futility

and the people that comment on my weight talk behind each other's backs constantly, so it's mostly just them being judgey assholes

Ok this definitely isn't the place for it but you ladies (and gentlemen) are all so nice and supportive in this thread and I need to vent for a moment

Spoilered for sad things
    I'm in a hospital right now. My grandpa, who I adore, is in surgery and I'm keeping my grandma company while she gets some sleep. He was diagnosed earlier this week with pancreatic cancer. It's already metastasized to his lungs and his doctor told him he's probably got 3 months left. I am having trouble dealing, even though this kind of thing should be expected when your grandparents get to be a certain age. Oh and my skin is all messed up from crying a lot this week so somewhat thread related! Sorry for bringing the sad to this thread :(

Oh God, that is so awful, I'm sorry. How old is he, if you don't mind me asking?

XStly.jpg
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Thanks. It's so hard, he visited a few weeks ago and was his normal self!

I think that was the hardest part with my grandmother. I spent most of my summer after my Junior year of undergrad basically living with her and helping take care of her. When her cancer started going badly it go bad really quickly. It can be really difficult.

We're here if you need to talk more about it.

He's 86, so not exactly young, but he's always been so so healthy. He ran marathons into his 60s and has always been very good about going to the doctor regularly.

It's going to be the hardest on my grandma, they've been married more than 60 years and in my lifetime they've never spent more than a day apart

:(

Is he going to be allowed to leave the hospital at some point atleast?

XStly.jpg
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Oh, bits. :( Hugs, man.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    @bowtiedseal Know that feel bits. My grandfather, while not in extremely poor health right now, has been steadily declining and having some rather major Alzheimer issues. He is nowhere close to the way he used to be, even on his good days. It's really upsetting every time I see him.

Really sorry to hear about your troubles :<

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    hugs, bits

This discussion has been closed.