As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Pax resellers on Craigslist - flag 'em!

TibsyTibsy Registered User new member
edited September 2012 in PAX Archive
Hey guys - the only way to prevent the rush of Scalpers is to

1) DO NOT buy at outrageous prices. That will continue to make it worse each year.

2) There are a bunch of ridiculous posts on the Seattle craigslist site. I'd encourage everyone to report/flag as spam. Maybe it's a tad vengeful, but seriously - those trying to sell at higher costs deserve a little passive aggressive harassment.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=2&subAreaID=&query=PAX&catAbb=sss

I think the PAX people might be well-served e-mailing interest to those selling tickets, then cross-referencing e-mails and cancelling the orders of those who are selling. A pipe dream I know.

zerzhul on

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I agree that reselling is bad form. That said, it doesn't violate Craigslist's terms of service. Flagging them is abuse of the system and is, frankly, just showing sour grapes.

I highly doubt anybody is paying what these guys are asking, anyhow. Keep in mind that none of us will even have the physical badges until 2 weeks before the convention, so these Craigslist/eBay sellers are doing nothing more than collecting names right now. Names which will back out once they realize the ticket they thought they had to pay $300 for is now selling for $130.

Incidentally, there's nothing in the purchase from the PAX people that says you can't re-sell your badges. So why would they A) incur the expense of ferreting these people out and B) how would they cancel the orders given that it's not against any rules?

Quintious on
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    Are you sure it doesn't violate craigslists terms? I'm not sure... but it seems like selling something you don't have (yet) doesn't seem too kosher.

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Are you sure it doesn't violate craigslists terms? I'm not sure... but it seems like selling something you don't have (yet) doesn't seem too kosher.

That violates eBay rules (and flag the fuck out of eBay listings), but not Craigslist rules.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Quintious wrote: »

That violates eBay rules (and flag the fuck out of eBay listings), but not Craigslist rules.
    As long as it is shipped within 30 days of purchase it does NOT break eBay's rule (as per there pre-order rules).

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As long as its legal in the state they are being sold in then its legit by ebay (other than the 30 day thing).

Scalping isn't illegal in WA. Its illegal in Seattle within like 1,000ft (Forget the exact distance) of the two stadiums' property but that's it.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Backslash_Backslash_ Registered User new member
    Well if you find these on Ebay they violate the presale terms found here. Take this chap for example, you might be inclined to report his multiple listings for PAX tickets since he can't possibly deliver them until a few weeks before PAX (obviously much more than 30 days!).

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Guys, we are not having a witch-hunt thread on the forums.

E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.