As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Haha thats actually the main reason for wanting to bring it down, compare how shitty the PS3 really is to the PC :p

its down now, just gotta connect it up. Gonna use my phone to hook it up the network. PDAnet ftw!

Was just about to say can't you tether your PC to your phone. Get back online, dude.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I'm really glad I bought the Gothic bundle in the sale, enjoying Gothic 1 a lot

signature.png

50 mins left

steam_sig.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I assume pretty much everyone has it at this point, but I have two DoTA 2 beta invites, if anyone wants them.

I would take one of those invites off your hands.

teriferin#1625
  • thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    I assume pretty much everyone has it at this point, but I have two DoTA 2 beta invites, if anyone wants them.

I have been trying to get one for a bit. If you still have one, would love you long time!

• Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    Is this free Sanctum thing working for everyone but me? I still cant get anything to download or show up in my games list for it.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    New computer arrived. I am literally squeeing right now. So much to download!

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    congratulations @DoctorArch for winning the Arkham City giveaway!

steam_sig.png
    Corpekata wrote: »

Aw yeah, man, that's always a good feeling.

What're the specs?

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    I just want to take a minute and thank @Iolo publicly for the unexpected gift of Shogun 2 for Mrs. Croaker.
    It made her day, which in turn, made mine. He is a classy crab indeed, amidst a forest of like minded creatures.

@Iolo: You rock
    @Everyone : You're all awesome too.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    What the shit?

Why is the Witcher downloading 16gb?

EDIT: And thanks much to @rikdaly for Titan Attacks!

Pause the download, wait about 10 seconds, then exit Steam. When you restart, it should be back to normal.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    reposting these
    so this week I became employed for the first time in 8 months.
    let's celebrate.
    signature.png
    and here's one from the warchest:
    signature.png
    also, I won a copy of the current indie gala, but I already had some of the games.
    like this one:
    signature.png

also, I'm considering deus ex while amazon still has it on sale...
    but it's this price somewhere every few weeks, right? I already bought shogun 2 today

Lord_Snot wrote: »

What're the specs?

Nothing special, but enough to run the majority of games at least meidum settings. Mainly got it as middle ground upgrade from the trashy laptop I was stuck with the last few months, and can work toward a real beefy one later.

And @iolo just classed me up by christening by rig with some Space Marineing. Gracias!

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    What the shit?

Why is the Witcher downloading 16gb?

EDIT: And thanks much to @rikdaly for Titan Attacks!

Pause the download, wait about 10 seconds, then exit Steam. When you restart, it should be back to normal.

This. Fixed it for me yesterday.

fss_overall.png
    Anyone familiar with the Lords of the Realm games? They're on sale on GOG and I'm debating

fss_overall.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with the Lords of the Realm games? They're on sale on GOG and I'm debating

I played an awful lot of Lords of Magic when I was younger. No idea how it's held up though.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So i bought my PC down stairs! Got the PDAnet app on my phone setup. Hooked it up and went to plug in the HDMI cable....... Fuck. I forgot to find the mini HDMI adaptor D:

Fate conspiring against me or some shit. I cant find the adaptor now cause the guests are sleeping there. Aargh!!

Blendtec wrote: »

I played an awful lot of Lords of Magic when I was younger. No idea how it's held up though.

Lords of Magic remains one of my favorite games. I still load it up and run through every now and then

fss_overall.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    congratulations @DoctorArch for winning the Arkham City giveaway!

Woohoo! Thanks rikdaly!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Lords of Magic remains one of my favorite games. I still load it up and run through every now and then

I've never played it but I always wanted too. I picked it up from GOG some years back, but I will make a point to play it this summer.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh jesus. I've wanted Arkham for a while, but am poor right now. WHY CAN'T YOU PUT THINGS ON SALE RIGHT WHEN I GET A PAYCHECK?! It'll go on sale during the summer sale, right? Right?!

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Oh jesus. I've wanted Arkham for a while, but am poor right now. WHY CAN'T YOU PUT THINGS ON SALE RIGHT WHEN I GET A PAYCHECK?! It'll go on sale during the summer sale, right? Right?!

Everything goes on sale in the summer!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Single use $5 off an EA Sports game on Origin, use this code at checkout: yg7umag4a

This was on the reciept to my $10 haircut. Great Clips is doing some cross promotion with EA I guess.

I'm never going to use this, so if you're crazy enough to want to buy an EA Sports game from Origin, here's five bucks.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

Way back when, I played the shit out of Lords of the Realm II. I also played some Lords of Magic but my PC at the time couldn't handle it and never picked it back up.

I got the Lords of the Realm thing on GoGo and it is good but if I recall right it had some issues out of the box with colors in windows 7/vista and afaik you can't play it in a window unless there's some mega secret way to do it.

Back to Lords of Magic, coming from Lords of the Realm 2, I do distinctly remember being disappointed with how much it focused on action over management of resources and I think that's why I never ended up getting it of GoG when I got LotR/LotR2.

Also, I never played LotR3. Dunno how it compares.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    EA Sports is bad enough. But then on Origin? That's just rubbing salt in the wound.

Steam: offday
    Lord_Snot wrote: »

What're the specs?

Nothing special, but enough to run the majority of games at least meidum settings. Mainly got it as middle ground upgrade from the trashy laptop I was stuck with the last few months, and can work toward a real beefy one later.

Nice one man, good to see you back in the game. :P

I'm building my new rig within like a month. :D

• What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    I got burned so hard on Dino-D-Day that I am infuriated that Orion Dino Beatdown even exists. I want co-op dino killing, but I am so sore from the bait-n-switch game previously mentioned. Ugh.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I stopped caring about Dino D-Day the second they changed it from a free mod to a $20 pricetag.

Historically par for the course for Source Engine mods, but still.

• What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I prepurchased Dino-D-Day when it said it was a single player and online game. A day or two before release they silently took out the single player campaign and proceeded to suck butts on the multiplayer.

What Is Schwa? on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Damn, missed Bastion on sale.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm glad to inform the gentlemen in this classy thread that I managed to remove one game from my backlog! I just finished Ys: Oath In Fehghana! On normal, there is no way I'm playing it on a harder more, I think.

Now maybe I can try playing Bastion.

Edit.- Weird, my sig says "Account is not public", I am quite sure I haven't changed any settings, and I see a couple of other sigs with the same problem, is there something wrong?

Edit 2.- Oh! Now it's back to normal!

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm glad to inform the gentlemen in this classy thread that I managed to remove one game from my backlog! I just finished Ys: Oath In Fehghana! On normal, there is no way I'm playing it on a harder more, I think.

Now maybe I can try playing Bastion.

Edit.- Weird, my sig says "Account is not public", I am quite sure I haven't changed any settings, and I see a couple of other sigs with the same problem, is there something wrong?

Edit 2.- Oh! Now it's back to normal!

Yeah, that happens every now and then. It's no big deal.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I'm having fun with Orion Dino Beatdown. Nothing like getting picked up by a bird and flown to the other side of the map, alone and cold with the generators down near the base you're at.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    thejaxx wrote: »
    signature.png

Congrats to BigDes. Blow some stuff up!

• AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    Having bit the bullet on Port Royale 3, I can't recommend it to anyone like me looking for a Pirates! clone or a game similar to Port Royale 1. It's a business sim like Patrician, just set in the Caribbean.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    signature.png

Congrats to BigDes. Blow some stuff up!
    Thank you very much, sir.

Gonna have to learn how to take off first

and then be able to fly in a straight line

steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I am in need of three suckers fine and classy gents who play games during the am est. Or that is, to say, generally around now, as I'm getting out of work soon and this is when I play.

steam_sig.png
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular

Lords of the Realm II was fantastic for its time.

Lords of the Realm III was an entirely different game and I personally thought it was horrible.

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am in need of three suckers fine and classy gents who play games during the am est. Or that is, to say, generally around now, as I'm getting out of work soon and this is when I play.

Well, it's 11:15 AM GMT, which is a time when I play games on a weekend. However, I am going to the store, so may not be the person you are looking for, depending on the urgency of your need.

Store visit cancelled - so yeah, if you need somene for something and my rubbish desktop can cope with it, let me know

CroakerBC on
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Pablo_Price for Dustforce. :D<3

This discussion has been closed.