As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's International Workers Day

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Thanatos?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I never understand it when a person is clearly trying desperately to be pissed off at something, it looks exhausting. I spose it might be the realisation that they've been acting like a titty and everyone was watching could cause some sort of defensive panic.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i don't understand what that fellow is trying to say

reposig.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i don't understand what that fellow is trying to say

"you used the wrong words and are not in lockstep with me, therefor you hate browns"

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    But let's get unions involved. That way I'll be able to buy a nice vidalia onion for 20 bucks each and a pint of blueberries will require a second mortgage.

Yeah. I mean it's not like you could hire less people to do it in more time for the same amount of money.

It's also not like these fucks are hiring illegal laborers so that they can cheat on their taxes or anything.

More time?

Are you aware of anything that goes on with picking crops, planting vs harvesting scheduling, or what type of time window is required to pick, sort, process, and package? These large farms are not like a book you've read or the generic understanding of farming you picked up from playing Harvest Moon. These are huge industries with lots of money on the line that all depend on timing to get the items at the best time for maximum value.

Do you actually have any knowledge on anything that has to do with industrial processing or are you just in your 1st to 3rd semester of college for your poli-sci degree? But yeah, just hire fewer people and take more time. It's that fucking easy. Thanks internet guy for solving extremely complex problems with "just take more time, duh". I'll run that up the flag pole at the next The Man meeting where we talk about who we're 'stickin' to.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The simple answer to this conundrum is to just stop eating vegetables, they’re fucking gross anyway.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    The simple answer to this conundrum is to just stop eating vegetables, they’re fucking gross anyway.

just stop eating

turn everyone into robots

bam world problems solved

where is my prize?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

just stop eating

where is my prize?

At the Aspen Institute. Where else?

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    But let's get unions involved. That way I'll be able to buy a nice vidalia onion for 20 bucks each and a pint of blueberries will require a second mortgage.

Yeah. I mean it's not like you could hire less people to do it in more time for the same amount of money.

It's also not like these fucks are hiring illegal laborers so that they can cheat on their taxes or anything.

More time?

Are you aware of anything that goes on with picking crops, planting vs harvesting scheduling, or what type of time window is required to pick, sort, process, and package? These large farms are not like a book you've read or the generic understanding of farming you picked up from playing Harvest Moon. These are huge industries with lots of money on the line that all depend on timing to get the items at the best time for maximum value.

Do you actually have any knowledge on anything that has to do with industrial processing or are you just in your 1st to 3rd semester of college for your poli-sci degree? But yeah, just hire fewer people and take more time. It's that fucking easy. Thanks internet guy for solving extremely complex problems with "just take more time, duh". I'll run that up the flag pole at the next The Man meeting where we talk about who we're 'stickin' to.

he's also suggesting that they simply hire fewer workers and pay them more

everyone wins!

especially the newly unemployed!

Kadith wrote: »

just stop eating

where is my prize?

paging @antimatter to the thread

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Robots are terrible

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    you guys don't get it, all we have to do to improve things is do them better. duh.

reposig.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    No President is completely free of flaws but at least the country wasn't fucking falling apart when Clinton was running the show

xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    But George Washington was right, partisan politics are for the birds

JUST STOP BEING GREEDY ASSHOLES, GOVERNMENT

xmassig2.gif
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    No President is completely free of flaws but at least the country wasn't fucking falling apart when Clinton was running the show

Well, I mean it still was...

jkZziGc.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »

Let's be honest

America was not falling apart when Clinton was in office.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    America has always been falling apart since it started

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Well okay

accepting that, it wasn't falling apart any more during Clinton's administration than usual

I would argue less than usual!

xmassig2.gif
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    America has always been falling apart since it started

well yeah what with entropy and all

0BnD8l3.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

mexico got it worse

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Ok, let's just go all out and see how many more times I can accidentally slice my fingers today. Touching things is starting to get really annoying. Note to self-stay away from citrus.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

mexico got it worse

YAY NAFTA

jkZziGc.png

mexico got it worse

YAY NAFTA
    also kosovo

and well any place that he didn't like tended to get hit with nato bombs or shitty economic policy

mexico got it worse

YAY NAFTA
    also kosovo

and well any place that he didn't like tended to get hit with nato bombs or shitty economic policy

Let's starve Iraq to death and do nothing about it.

jkZziGc.png
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Just a reminder Bill Clinton was a Neoliberal and therefore horrible.

You're going to have to try way harder to change the minds of liberals who will repeat stuff like "every president has flaws!"

Obama is a neoliberal too - but people still love him and will continue to.

sig2.jpg
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Just a reminder Bill Clinton was a Neoliberal and therefore horrible.

You're going to have to try way harder to change the minds of liberals who will repeat stuff like "every president has flaws!"

Obama is a neoliberal too - but people still love him and will continue to.
    obama is not really a neoliberal though

edited May 2012
    so who would you guys say was the best president of the last 100 years

FDR?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    What is a neoliberal and why do people who have opinions I don't like not like them

in three sentences or less

2x39jD4.jpg
  • existexist Registered User regular
    george w

UmPiq.png

mexico got it worse

YAY NAFTA
    also kosovo

bomb every place i don't like

first on the list is jersey

second on the list is yugoslavia

Buttlord wrote: »

mexico got it worse

YAY NAFTA
    also kosovo

bomb every place i don't like

first on the list is jersey

second on the list is yugoslavia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9CChvjezGE
    ?

i' not going to click that but can i make sure the dude in the preview image is in jersey when we do this thing

voltaire did songs for billy and mandy he is coo'

he looks like an idiot

stick him in jersey where he belongs

or yugoslavia

or herzegovinia

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Chris Christie kind of reminds me of the slaver from the first season of Batman the Animated Series who was always spitting out chicken everywhere and being uppity

mrpaku wrote: »
    Chris Christie kind of reminds me of the slaver from the first season of Batman the Animated Series who was always spitting out chicken everywhere and being uppity

you mean the guy in the sewers?

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    mrpaku wrote: »

you mean the guy in the sewers?

no, the guy with the pedo-stache who wore the white suit and was trying to dig out the local mountain while spewing "lazy bums" through a mouthful of chicken

i just checked it, the episode was "Forgotten"

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Newt Gingrich basically ran the country from 95 to 98.

I mean come on...

NEWT GINGRICH.

That episode had some sweet music

xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.