As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Attendees Map AND Where You're From Discussion

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    More Arizonans reporting in! Waiting on flight tickets as the price should hopefully drop a bit.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am waiting for the flight to drop as well.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    Can't wait to get registration going! Hope PAX lives up to all I've heard :)

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular

Now the eternal freaken choice. I found a decent flight (leaving Wednesday) for $312/person (taxes included). This is surprisingly not bad, considering they've been pushing $350 (for non-redeyes) on Wednesday and $392 for Thursday flights. But I'm hoping for a dip below $300 (although I could totally miss that I suppose.)
    Choices, choices.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »

Now the eternal freaken choice. I found a decent flight (leaving Wednesday) for $312/person (taxes included). This is surprisingly not bad, considering they've been pushing $350 (for non-redeyes) on Wednesday and $392 for Thursday flights. But I'm hoping for a dip below $300 (although I could totally miss that I suppose.)
    Choices, choices.

Check Bing travel. The little indicator at the top of the page that says if they predict prices will go down is almost always right.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options

Choices, choices.

Check Bing travel. The little indicator at the top of the page that says if they predict prices will go down is almost always right.

I did, the problem is the little price indicator thing is very short term (7-10 days 14 at most). In my experience it's usually right on the going down part, what it's bad at is telling you you've reached the floor of prices. So last year I didn't pay attention to it twice when it said "prices rising", and used my own charts instead and ended up saving $50/ticket (prices hit $300 twice, then once dipped to about $250). I knew it was likely to at least hit the low of $300 again (looking at the fare charts) so I took a gamble (plus the high point was only about $340, so it was a $40/ticket gamble that paid off.)
    This year though I'm having trouble getting a handle on what ticket prices are going to look like overall, since they've held steady at much higher levels for longer than I expected. Plus the flight times are just aweful. (I've had to dodge several overnight flights home that screw with my ability to compare prices.) I think the fact that I'm not flying out on a tuesday (low fare day) and the fact that it's over labor day this year is wreaking havoc on my prediction ability. Plus teh gambel is a lot higher since SWA just offered a $330 round trip flight (which of course includes bags) meaning we're looking a possibly huge swing/ticket. (The $312 flights either all disappeared or I didn't realize they were redeye overnights until now.)

Choices Chocies. ;) (I may just lock in at the $330 to have my tickets.)

• Options
    murdocmurdoc Registered User regular
    2 of us from Calgary, one from Winnipeg making the trip this year.

...it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    2 coming in from new zealand!

I only put in my forum handle, but it's me and ecco the dolphin coming in!

• Options
    BerymBerym MetaGeek Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hello hello!

So this will be my first PAX - got my three day pass, got my hotel booked (the Sheraton) and other than the person travelling with me, I don't actually know anyone going...

With that in mind, I figured I'd put out the feelers, see what's out there. Any other Aussies get a pass this year? Is there a meet up or the like?

Further, what's a good way to get into the community at PAX? I'd love to be a part of the shenanigans, but being on the other side of the planet and all...

Berym on
  • Options
    jakers11jakers11 Registered User regular
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    Coquitlam BC Canada!! O hai thar neighbour!! (>^~^)>

Id assume thats me! HI!

• Options
    GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular

Choices, choices.

I did, the problem is the little price indicator thing is very short term (7-10 days 14 at most). In my experience it's usually right on the going down part, what it's bad at is telling you you've reached the floor of prices. So last year I didn't pay attention to it twice when it said "prices rising", and used my own charts instead and ended up saving $50/ticket (prices hit $300 twice, then once dipped to about $250). I knew it was likely to at least hit the low of $300 again (looking at the fare charts) so I took a gamble (plus the high point was only about $340, so it was a $40/ticket gamble that paid off.)
    This year though I'm having trouble getting a handle on what ticket prices are going to look like overall, since they've held steady at much higher levels for longer than I expected. Plus the flight times are just aweful. (I've had to dodge several overnight flights home that screw with my ability to compare prices.) I think the fact that I'm not flying out on a tuesday (low fare day) and the fact that it's over labor day this year is wreaking havoc on my prediction ability. Plus teh gambel is a lot higher since SWA just offered a $330 round trip flight (which of course includes bags) meaning we're looking a possibly huge swing/ticket. (The $312 flights either all disappeared or I didn't realize they were redeye overnights until now.)

Choices Chocies. ;) (I may just lock in at the $330 to have my tickets.)

If you book SWA and the price drops you can get a voucher for the difference to use on another flight. I keep checking just in case our SWA flights drop!

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm in little Newcastle, WA.

Glad to see some Oklahomans on the map! I grew up there and nerded my way out to Seattle for work eventually.

• Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    Whaa? There's a people from Kelowna that's not me? madness..

• Options
    AK Shadow92AK Shadow92 Anchorage, AlaskaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am seeing if there is anyone on here that is going to PAX from AK if so maybe we can talk about plans on getting there and what not.

AK Shadow92 on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    You live up in Anchorage right? There are two of us from Juneau definitely going this year.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    You live up in Anchorage right? There are two of us from Juneau definitely going this year.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    I'm the other one from Juneau :)

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    Saldek wrote: »
    I'm the other one from Juneau :)
    And going with me!

*refrains from gross kissy face posting on the pax boards.*

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AK Shadow92AK Shadow92 Anchorage, AlaskaRegistered User regular
    I take it you 2 are flying there lol can't really drive there from Juneau no roads unlike anchorage

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Berym wrote: »
    Hello hello!

So this will be my first PAX - I don't actually know anyone going...

Further, what's a good way to get into the community at PAX? I'd love to be a part of the shenanigans, but being on the other side of the planet and all...

Welcome! PAX is the friendliest place on Earth!! The best thing to do is join in with lots of the pre-PAX stuff or do the buttoneer or cookie brigade or just say hi to people. Bring Vegemite, some people really like it :) lots of people come here on their own, it's easy meeting people and making friends.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    Reporting for duty from lovely Scio, Oregon. Somebody has to represent the geek-shepherds around here.

• Options
    zephusdragonzephusdragon Registered User regular
    Another local first timer for the list, :)

3-Day Pass [x]
    Hotel Booked [x]
    Drive Fiancee Batty over PAX [x][x][x]
  • Options
    WeeEvil EeveeWeeEvil Eevee TacomaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    so many people.
    Not sure how this works?

WeeEvil Eevee on
  • Options
    so many people.
    Not sure how this works?

Huh? Did you read Zer's first post?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    so many people.
    Not sure how this works?

Huh? Did you read Zer's first post?

lol yeah i did now.Got confused but i figured it out. and submitted it.

how fast does the map update?Or rather get updated?

WeeEvil Eevee on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I'll update it again tonight, been busy for a few days :) I promised once per week, but I've been doing more like 3-4 so I can get a lot more busy and still make my promise ;)

About that fast. (Or whenver Zerzhul get's around to it.)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'll update tonight.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Updated!

Added:
    CodeMonkey76
    ArcticLizard
    shockwaver
    archfaith
    JamieOD
    Heartpierced
    Rarwgulmuffins
    AltDelete
    Ember
    FusionCap
    Dunago
    Upthorn
    Murdoc
    Neo
    ToasterDylan
    Masquerade78
    DisraeliGears
    sevorak
    lonelyahava
    madtyger
    reyesd
    3eyedkitten
    dstchiari
    kainz0r
    cooltrainerwes
    Qblivion
    Yuritau
    zephusdragon
    BaghdadBean
    skeller
    patarick
    ojii
    multisink
    lizpirate
    CorbyHarkonnen
    TheMisanthrope
    Tibercore
    WeeEvilEevee
    zerokiwi
    TaliosFalcon

People were added to: AZ, CA, ID, MI, MN, MT, NY, OR, TX, UT, WA, WI, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and Switzerland

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.[/quote]

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @ArcticLizard at 8,187.13 miles

zerzhul on
  • Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    I take it you 2 are flying there lol can't really drive there from Juneau no roads unlike anchorage

That is the downside of living in Juneau... the only way to escape is by plane or ferry. Are you going to drive down?

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    ArcticLizardArcticLizard Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Updated!

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @ArcticLizard at 8,187.13 miles

Woooooo!

• Options
    YAY UPDATED

• Options
    cooltrainerwescooltrainerwes Registered User new member
    Thanks for updating! We're a bit out of the way in Canada haha. Me and my friends have been dreaming of going to PAX for years, but never went through with it.

• Options
    Hey Zerzhul,
    was there an East map like this? I searched the fourms and didn't see one and just wanted to see how they differed. I'd guess you'd see a similar concentation on the East Coast.

• Options
    Hey Zerzhul,
    was there an East map like this? I searched the fourms and didn't see one and just wanted to see how they differed. I'd guess you'd see a similar concentation on the East Coast.

Yes, I did an east map just like this.

• Options
    Hey Zerzhul,

Yes, I did an east map just like this.

Lesson learned, don't put "PAX" in my search term. I got over zelous in my copy and paste to ensure I got the title right.

• Options
    TdarTURboTdarTURbo Registered User regular
    Britality wrote: »
    TdarTURbo wrote: »
    Been to 2 PAX Easts, thinking about going to Prime. Coming from Auburn Alabama.

WAR EAGLE?

Yep

• Options
    zephusdragonzephusdragon Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow geeks from around the world... and street passing you too muhahahahahaha

3-Day Pass [x]
    Hotel Booked [x]
    Drive Fiancee Batty over PAX [x][x][x]
  • Options
    BerymBerym MetaGeek Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Berym wrote: »
    Hello hello!

So this will be my first PAX - I don't actually know anyone going...

Welcome! PAX is the friendliest place on Earth!! The best thing to do is join in with lots of the pre-PAX stuff or do the buttoneer or cookie brigade or just say hi to people. Bring Vegemite, some people really like it :) lots of people come here on their own, it's easy meeting people and making friends.

Thanks for the advice! :) I'll be sure to bring Vegemite (and Tim Tams) - I mean, I can't have breakfast without Vegemite...

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Holy shit there's other people from Edmonton?!

I thought I was the only one!

8->

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    so, how many of you put a place on the map, but now you can't go cause tickets sold out in record time, got my 3 day pass 30 minutes before they sold out. WHEW!!!!

This discussion has been closed.