As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Thrones 2nd ed. - Game 1 - My kingdom for a barrel

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Turn 2 - Action Phase - resolve march orders

boardturn2justtheboard.jpg

Greyjoy kicks off one march order as we move down the Iron Throne track.

• sartorisartori WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    MrBody wrote: Β»
    In the interest of moving things along, I assume Tyrell would want to remove the only valid raid target: the Starfall defense order. Normally the player gets the option of not using a raid at all, but in this case it doesn't matter either way since no one can attack Starfall this turn anyway.

*hic*

I will happily raid those ..schnakey defenses into oblivion!

<quaffs wine>

sartori on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How do I see the card? I think I missed something. Is there a deck on hand tracker? I might not be invited to the game.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

Oops. Added.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    March knight from Flint's Finger to Riverrun. Since I don't have any power, I lose control of Flint' Finger.

Since that move was illegal, the knight will just have to stay where he is.

jakobagger on
    Knight from King's Landing to Blackwater.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Wait, I just now realize my move was illegal, since I can only have one strength 3 army. Fuck, all this planning for nothing and only myself to blame.

Editing my other post.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    E-nevermind

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    I missed that, even after I reminded everyone!

"Darn this huge armada of mine!"

-Balon Greyjoy

Yeah I bet that's a first on the Iron Isles: "guys, we may have....too many ships"

The procedure for illegal orders is canceling the order and a punch in the arm for the offender.

If I hadn't stupidly played a march in Flint's Finger I could have consolidated power there, like I first intended to do. Now a clash of kings next turn will mess me up. In short, this only hurt myself.

I seem to have an amazing ability to at the last moment change my first plan to something retarded. Note to self: trust your god damn intuition.

edited May 2012
    That's why the Raven is so amazing.

This game though it seems like the Raven only goes to those who don't need it that turn. =(

(someone still needs to dole out that punch)

MrBody on
  • StyyxStyyx Registered User regular
    If I hadn't stupidly played a march in Flint's Finger I could have consolidated power there, like I first intended to do. Now a clash of kings next turn will mess me up. In short, this only hurt myself.

I seem to have an amazing ability to at the last moment change my first plan to something retarded. Note to self: trust your god damn intuition.

Keep in mind that if you did have the ability to take Lannisport this turn, you would have lost control of at least two cities, probably three.

So maybe it was a good thing that you weren't able to go for it this turn.

edited May 2012
    Sure, but I'd have gotten rid of the Lannisport garrison too, and of your ability to muster ships. And would have gained a supply.

It's your turn, by the way.

jakobagger on
    Resolving the march order on the boat in the Golden Sound

It's staying put then?

Meaning it stays there?

I guess Lannister is keeping his ship in the Golden Sound.

Tyrell has no march orders.

Stark is up.

Yah that's what I meant, sorry.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Winterfell:
    Knight to Moat Calin
    Foot to Castle Black
    Foot to Karhold

38thDoE on steam

Martell is up.

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Storms End - March knight to Sunspear

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2012
    Turn 2 - Action Phase - march orders

Back to
    Greyjoy.

(not that I would ever advocate violence against our fellow Westerosians, but if you initiate combat this move feel free to PM your chosen house card at the same time in order to speed things along)

MrBody on
    Since there's a large army in Moat Cailin suddenly, I guess I have to move one knight from Riverrun to Seagard. Well, this turned out to be a bit of a pointless turn.

edited May 2012
    Boooo!

I mean, thank goodness bloodshed was avoided.

Back to Lannister. Do you wish to do anything with your knight at Harrenhal?

MrBody on
    I'll let him stay put in Harrenhal for now.

edited May 2012

Only Stark then Martell left.

MrBody on
    Moat Calin
    Foot to Winterfell
    Foot to The Fingers.
    Knight to remain.

38thDoE on steam

East Summer Sea - both ships to west summer sea

steam_sig.png
    Ooooo! We have our first battle!

West Summer Sea

Martell strength: 2 units + 1 march = 3
    Tyrell strength: 1 units + 1 support (I assume you want to support yourself)= 2

Both players PM their house card to me (attackers can PM their house card as soon as they post their march to save time (unless questions of third party support are present or I am the defender)).

• HarlonHarlon Registered User regular
    @MrBody
    @Mr. Mojo Risin

I just realized that the board shows our support as a standard support, but our order was a Support+1.

3DS FC 1048-9228-8841
    I was wondering what possible reason you could have to not use the +1.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I know I'm not in the game but that's kinda huge to change after you resolved all the other marches. It's on tyrell to check his order tokens.

PSN SeGaTai
    It's in the original orders we PM'ed to MrBody. I don't mind if Martell wants to decide NOT to attack my ship after. /shrug

Also, what Jako said.

Nope, that was my fault.

For the future, please mark such orders as "march +1", "support +1", "raid (special)" and "defense +2". It's really easy to miss the stars in "support *" when I'm scanning the list.

Yeah this does change things. I'm fine if Mojo wants to call off the attack.

Well its way to late to go with my first plan that I abandoned due to an easier fight here so while it has kinda screwed my whole turn I need to do something since I had banked on one of the two plans working so i am sticking with the attack.

steam_sig.png
    And yeah next time please check your orders before the last action of the turn.

steam_sig.png
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: Β»
    I know I'm not in the game but that's kinda huge to change after you resolved all the other marches. It's on tyrell to check his order tokens.

I'm going to echo SeGaTai's point here: the way marches are resolved in this game it is imperative that everyone knows what they are dealing with from the start of the phase. In the future, each player needs to double-check their orders on the board when they are revealed and note any mistakes at that time (just as I am doing for MrBody's orders). If you'd like me to help check orders, feel free to PM them to me along with MrBody when you send them in.

edited May 2012

sartori on