As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC CHALLENGE 30: Drivers and thier rides!

StplmstrStplmstr Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Artist's Corner
NEW AC CHALLENGE RULE: Winner of the previous challenge picks the winner of the next challenge.

Driver and Vehicle- Design a character and the vehicle they would drive. Wacky Racers http://images.nitrobahn.com/cgi-bin/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wacky-racers.jpg are a good example but this challenge is not limited to racing or cars. Any type of character and vehicle is good to go :)

example not an entry- Duck and an Orbital frame
mechaduck.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
For those of you who frequent the conceptart.org forums this should be pretty familiar; tens of artistic combatants thrown together in to an artistic arena, each struggling for the honor of being dubbed a master of the visual arts. Those of you who succeed will be bathed in glory and the blood of their competitors, those of you who fail will be exiled to a life of shame and isolation.

The aim of this thread is to try and spice things up a bit here in the ol' Artist's Corner. This thread is for entries in to the challenge or the discussion thereof. If you'd like to suggest a topic for the weekly challenge, go right ahead, but understand that the last winner of the challenge has total control over the task (unless they have won more than two challenges in a row, see rules).

The rules are simple;

RULES:

* One entry per person, per challenge.
* A contestant cannot win more than two challenges in a row.
* Winner gets the privilege of choosing the next challenge.
* Winner also gets the honor of picking the winner of the next challenge.
* At the end of a challenge, the thread is locked and a new one is begun.
* Stick to the challenge topic; no going off on a tangent.
* All formats welcome, whether they be traditional or digital; 2D or 3D; still or animated.

If you're looking for inspiration, check out the aforementioned conceptart.org forums (specifically the creature/environment/character of the week sections).

Previous Challenges:

CHALLENGE 1: Hidden World
CHALLENGE 2: Red Vs Blue
CHALLENGE 3: Satan Teapot
CHALLENGE 4: Crime Fighting Hobo
CHALLENGE 5: Universal Monsters
CHALLENGE 6: Lyric Interpretation
CHALLENGE 7: Santa vs Dinos
CHALLENGE 8: Retro Poster
CHALLENGE 9: Literal Literature
CHALLENGE 10: Choose! Choose the form of the destructor!
CHALLENGE 11: Heroes In a Half Shell
CHALLENGE 12: Fancy Hats
CHALLENGE 13: God Splicing
CHALLENGE 14: Copycats
CHALLENGE 15: Pinups
CHALLENGE 16: Trick or Treat
CHALLENGE 17: How Far We Have Come
CHALLENGE 18: Back to the Retrofuture
CHALLENGE 19: Crime Noir
CHALLENGE 20: Make a Video Game
CHALLENGE 21: You Just Got Served!
CHALLENGE 22: HERE THERE BE DRAGONS
CHALLENGE 23: I WANT TO BELIEVE
CHALLENGE 24: FIRST!!!!
CHALLENGE 25: YOUR NAME AS A LABEL
CHALLENGE 26: SEVEN DEADLY HELMS
CHALLENGE 27: Jurassic Park 4 Concept & Design
CHALLENGE 28: Pirate vs Ninja vs Cowboy
CHALLENGE 29: They're just like us!

Stplmstr on

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Hey post your duck-mech thing it was teh secks

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    This is a good challenge, and one I might consider participating in at some stage.....if I have time......which I probably won't.

• StplmstrStplmstr Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ninjai- I am glad you liked the orbital frame quack :)

Mustang- Well hopefully you will have time but I am glad to hear that the challenge itself is interesting to ya :D

Stplmstr on
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I always say I will participate and then fold, but this is the first time I actually arrive when the topic is fresh!

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Artist-Challenge.jpg

I need to buy pens and make this less rough.

if it was a falic pictures contest, this would be the winner, even without looking further entries.... I feel like quoting a phrase from an austin powers movie... but that would be overkill I think :D

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    It... it was supposed to be a sandwich sub.
    D:

Oh god now I can't stop seeing it.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Hmm. Concept sounds fun. Just need to do a little casting to figure out what sounds like a great idea.

• squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    It... it was supposed to be a sandwich sub.
    D:

now i can see the olive!
    brilliant :D

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • BirknastyBirknasty GMT -6Registered User new member
    How long do the contests generally last?

[img][/img]
    Birknasty wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3b8LswWO1A

Dont listen to Ninjai, he wants to sabotage you. The last contest, despite not being a very popular one lasted around 2 months I belive, so basically I would have to say from 1 to 2 months, or untill someone gets bored or frustrated.

FANTOMAS wrote: »

Dont listen to Ninjai, he wants to sabotage you. The last contest, despite not being a very popular one lasted around 2 months I belive, so basically I would have to say from 1 to 2 months, or untill someone gets bored or frustrated.

If I'm not mistaken there was one last year that lasted 4-5 months... Seriously, there's not really a limit.

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    There is indeed a limit and ways to determine when and where it is. However as far as I'm involved it has something to do with baby corpses and the stars aligning.

• DragosSDragosS Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    Hello everyone :)
    Preliminary sketching : Gnomish scout babe driving the crystal-powered " Drugged Unicorn" .
    gnomish_flying_ace_lines.jpg
    gnomish_flying_ace.jpg

Need to make the driver more like a driver tho , right now it is a gnomish booth babe :(.
    Also need to figure out a more interesting composition :P.

DragosS on
    edited May 2012
    I was thinking about a cowboy barney sub-square-barney.gif riding a meteorite. I'm so original /sarcasm

square on
    Mm9Qsm4.png
    Made a dossier file for mine.
    fly_captain_by_emir0-d4ypxv7.png
    A walking submarine with a tank turret, piloted by a fly marquis.

edited May 2012
    dinorite_wip_by_squar3x-d4yt02x.jpg

ugh, laying tones is hard :(

OLD POST:

Barney is too mainstream
    dinorite_wip_by_squar3x-d4yt02x.jpg

square on
    Mm9Qsm4.png
    Dinorite.

Groaaaaaan
    <3

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    nibcrom-aliencar.jpg

Nib Crom, THAT is how Aliens should have been from the start, I mean, why ditch a perfectly good body just because it has some scratches on the thorax.

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Nib Crom, THAT is how Aliens should have been from the start, I mean, why ditch a perfectly good body just because it has some scratches on the thorax.
    My drawing is actually based on the plot of Prometheus. *wink*

• NicNic Registered User regular
    This just in, the video game tie in for Prometheus is going to be a rehash of Star Wars Episode 1 Racer but with xenobabies driving human husks on wheels.

@Stplmstr
    I guess it's time to pick the wiener winner.

So... uhhh, staplemaster hasn't been active since april... can we have a mod make a poll instead then?

• StplmstrStplmstr Registered User regular
    Heyo, sorry I have been around periodically but not signed in :S I am giving it to the Fly Marquis. They were all great idea but I liked the feel off of the design of the character and vehicle shown in the splash action shot in that one :)

It took me a while to process that there wasn't an entrant/user called Fly Marquis -_-'
    You know, I always have several ideas for the next contest but now that I've won, I forgot all of them... I'll be back in a few years when I've remembered them...

This discussion has been closed.