As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Fitness Group [Meet up on Sunday at 1]

PayneTraynePayneTrayne CanuckRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX Archive
We have one for East, but we're kinda tight knit so let's make a group for PAX Prime and show those East lovin' bicep curlin' bastids who is truly the fittest!

And we now have a group.

If you have any qualms with the date/time bring it up in the discussion!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
zerzhul on

• RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Ahhhh I don't want to write down all of my workouts!

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I understand, really, I do. But believe me, if we get a big community like PAX East it will feel great to have a lot of people giving you props for being awesome.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    I guess... I just know I'll work out regardless... I'll consider it. i have fitocracy account, just never use it

• RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    Would have joined, but I don't have a fitocracy account :( sorry! They give out the invites sometimes on SA but I never manage to snag one.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    I have a fitocracy account and am on a diet so this is geat, but it appears to not like IE9, it keeps telling me I need to get "Chrome Frame" which, I hated frankly. I happen to really like IE9, so unless someone has another option.....

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I've never used Fitocracy, but I'm willing to give it a try.
    The excitement of having a new job has worn off and lately all I do when I get home is sit in front of my PC and play LoL with the BF. ;P

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    Anything that gives me a little extra "nudge" to workout when I am feeling lazy is a good thing!

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Robogirl wrote: »
    Would have joined, but I don't have a fitocracy account :( sorry! They give out the invites sometimes on SA but I never manage to snag one.
    I think Fitocracy is out of beta (releasing on time, hurr) and you don't need an invite. If you still do, shoot me a PM and I'll send you one.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Just got a fitbit and treadmill in the hopes of kicking my ass's ass before pax. I'm in. :)

However, on this note, if anybody any questions about working out, exercise, etc. feel free to ask; I work as a personal trainer, have multiple nationally accredited certifications, and have about a year left in my B.S. in Kinesiology; so I know a little bit :)

• XRXR [E] LULK ILRegistered User regular
    Joined. Get ready to be prop-ed.

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I can use this! I worked out at a gym with my friend 2-3 times a week for 5 weeks. I felt great and I was definitely seeing results, but then I stopped. It's been two weeks and those results have disappeared. It's my goal to be fit come PAX.

• DarkAonDarkAon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Joined! Nice to have a group with people I have something in common with.

gdGxyA3
  • RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    Robogirl wrote: »
    I think Fitocracy is out of beta (releasing on time, hurr) and you don't need an invite. If you still do, shoot me a PM and I'll send you one.

Oh nice, last time I checked it wasn't. Signed up and joined the group as LittleIcarus

• Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Anyone in the group a runner? I'll be training for a half marathon during Prime and likely will need to do some LSD runs. Would love a buddy!

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
    Tar3820 wrote: »
    Anyone in the group a runner? I'll be training for a half marathon during Prime and likely will need to do some LSD runs. Would love a buddy!

I'm training my cardio for a 5k so you'd be running a bit out of my league.

• Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Tar3820 wrote: »

I'm training my cardio for a 5k so you'd be running a bit out of my league.

I run 3 miles on my light days.. Which is practically a 5k, I know, but if you're up for it I'd still like a buddy. I keep a slower pace, which might help.

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
    We shall see as it gets closer to the event.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I may be an East lovin' bicep curlin' bastid but your stuck with me now as I'll be at prime too. Glad to see a prime group popping up for this. The more the merrier IMO.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    So is this a long distance/moral support group or are there actual meetups at the event?
    Either way /joined

qxd8or7ouox3.png
    I don't see why we shouldn't have meetups that involve fitness. I'm going to do a shameless plug and say that there's going to be a Hunger Games tomorrow at volunteer park. That's definitely gonna be some cardio.

We will definitely TRY to have a meet-up but the one at East didn't go over too well because it's PAX and stuff happens. I'll try and schedule one once the PAX schedule is posted though and see what works well for everyone. Probably on the Friday or Sunday (just as a guess).

• eMDeeeMDee Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just finished Couch to 5k, sure I'll join.

The unorthodox and the unlikely - it's what I do, it's what I'm good at.
  • DanTanDanTan Chicago!Registered User regular
    Anyone doing a bike ride trip while in Seattle? Pre/Post PAX? or a mountain hike?

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I joined! Now to decide which I want to compete with if we do a East vs Prime challenge. ;)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • 3eyedkitten3eyedkitten Spaaaaaaace!Registered User new member
    I hadn't heard of fitocracy before but I like what I see so far. And it's always good to have more motivation. ^.^

• SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    pointless to be part of a fitness group, if you cant go because they sell out in 6 hours.

pointless to be part of a fitness group, if you cant go because they sell out in 6 hours.

Let's try to keep this on topic please :)

edited May 2012
    Also, I added myself to the group

Ravenger on
    Ravenger wrote: »
    Also, I added myself to the group
    Welcome to the fit side. Or at least, the fit side that likes to brag about their levels.

haha i let me workouts speak for themselves ;)

Welp, the Hunger Games meetup I was planning to go to got cancelled today, so I just resorted to taking an hour long walk. Oh well, at least it's something.

vgc wrote: »
    Welp, the Hunger Games meetup I was planning to go to got cancelled today, so I just resorted to taking an hour long walk. Oh well, at least it's something.

Something>Nothing any day of the week

• Questi0nof7imeQuesti0nof7ime Registered User new member
    I joined the Fitocracy group today! I'm GoZombie :3 I think it would be great if we we're all able to have a meet up!

• shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Yay for Prime group! /joined

Now just gotta remember to log my workouts... XD

Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
    So I was thinking of maybe writing up some basic weight training workouts for those in this group that are perhaps unfamiliar with exercise program construction to help get you guys on the right track-does that sound interesting to y'all?

• AlikaAlika GoneCross Registered User regular
    GoneCross on fitocracy. I work out fairly regularly anyways, figured I'd convert my calories into digital achievements too.

• millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    It says, "This App is Incompataible with this iphone" when I try to download it. I have a 3G but I didn't see anywhere that it wouldn't work on my phone...I really want to try fitocracy. Anyone else have this issue?

[X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • KodiniKodini Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    I mostly lurk on these forums, but thought I'd comment here. I'm in the middle of some exams right now, but right after I'm starting c25k. Thanks for making the fitocracy group. It should be good motivation :)

Kodini on
    Kodini wrote: »
    I mostly lurk on these forums, but thought I'd comment here. I'm in the middle of some exams right now, but right after I'm starting c25k. Thanks for making the fitocracy group. It should be good motivation :)

Welcome to the group! Make sure to keep up with C25K, I got about half way through and stopped due to exams, now I feel all the bads.

That being said, I am down from 258.4 pds to 247.6 pds this week. Come at me, world!

This discussion has been closed.