As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    If this fills tonight or tomorrow move me up to a signup as Inactivus :twisted:

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I didn't like KOTOR or Diablo (series). They were too mainstream for me, ya know. I would tell you which games I do like, but you've probably never heard of them.

I'ma go have a PBR.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I didn't like KOTOR or Diablo (series). They were too mainstream for me, ya know. I would tell you which games I do like, but you've probably never heard of them.

I'ma go have a PBR.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    The last one I played.

Sorry my brain goes faster than my fingers :S

ah, that makes more sense. I figured you couldn't be that out of touch in the video game world.

You should try their more recent RPGs with all the voice acting (no reading) and choices. Mass Effect is amazing.
    Voice acting is overrated. Should play some of the non-bioware IE games, like planescape torment
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Yeah I dont enjoy bioware RPGs. The last was Jade Empire and I tried to get into everything and all the text just burned me out after awhile and you couldnt choose good or evil so much as pick one path and stick to it so you can maximize technique learning and the combat was just mashing A a bunch and somtimes hitting B.

To be fair, Jade Empire is probably their weakest RPG. Its still better than most of the other RPGs out there at the time, imo.

And "the last", was definitely not Jade Empire. They've made tons of RPGs since then.
    Yeah, like Sonic: dark brotherhood. Or Dragon Age 2

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Planescape:Torment is amazing. One of the best ever.

I only pointed out the voice acting thing because Bedlam seemed to have a problem with all the reading in Jade Empire.

• Options
    Uh, they made Sonic: Dark Brotherhood?

Never even heard of that one...

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    As if you needed an excuse, Jdarksun.

I keep thinking I have amnesia reading this thread.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular

Ezlee Seyfert

• Options
    Cythraul wrote: »

And if it doesn't fill up until Sunday?

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    To be fair, Jade Empire is probably their weakest RPG. Its still better than most of the other RPGs out there at the time, imo.

And "the last", was definitely not Jade Empire. They've made tons of RPGs since then.
    Yeah, like Sonic: dark brotherhood. Or Dragon Age 2

And those were good games that were fun to play.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    While we're talking Bioware, can I admit to a bit of heresy? KOTOR2 is probably my favorite Bioware game, bugs and all.

Felt good to get that out in the open.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    FecklessRogue-I seriously don't even remember if I finished that game, I just remember at some point the story not making any sense and not caring about it and being pissed off that I did at some point in there.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Funny thing about that game. Talking with friends afterward, some of them were like "that story made a bunch of sense" and some were "that story was bullshit and stupid". I pretty sure certain choices worked out a lot better for the narrative than others.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    While we're talking Bioware, can I admit to a bit of heresy? KOTOR2 is probably my favorite Bioware game, bugs and all.

Felt good to get that out in the open.

Obsidian did that one ;-)

• Options
    It counts! It sort of counts. Bioware "oversaw" it. Or something. I didn't make a mistake.

Shut up.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Funny thing about that game. Talking with friends afterward, some of them were like "that story made a bunch of sense" and some were "that story was bullshit and stupid". I pretty sure certain choices worked out a lot better for the narrative than others.

Probably true and looking back I really don't remember what that story was about or what about it didn't work. That might be part of my hate looking back that they made a story that I just couldn't care about and didn't remember-regardless of how bad it was.
    It was bad

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It counts! It sort of counts. Bioware "oversaw" it. Or something. I didn't make a mistake.

Shut up.
    That's like saying BG/2 was a Black Isle game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    is there still time to disturb the force here?

• Options
    Yep. It starts tomorrow so you are good.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    man, thinking of a jedi name is tough. for now, i'll go with corvus corax

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    KOTOR2's customization was streets ahead of the first one's.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    !What the heck
    Xzibit

• Options
    Cythraul wrote: »

I've moved you to sign up status. :)

• Options

Shut up.
    I admit, it was stupid and I was stupid for saying it.

Let me rephrase: I had more fun playing KOTOR 2 than playing KOTOR 1. And I loved playing KOTOR 1.

Question for the host: With controlling planets as a mechanic, will this game remind me of the fun parts of Star Wars Rebellion?

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    In this game, the majority of players are Jedi trying to root out and cleanse their order of Sith Infiltrators while also preventing the Sith from gaining more power through galactic control. Every player will either be in the Jedi Council OR be part of a Knight/Padawan pairing. Every player will have multiple powers they will need to choose from each night.

Does this imply trustworthy masoning or just a pairing?

Also while control is a thing this game for powers, is planetary control a victory condition as well? Or is it standard village/mafia elimination?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It has to be just a pairing or else the sith being unpaired would break the game.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Also it is thematically tasty for your master to secretly be a Sith and betray you! :D

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    In this game, the majority of players are Jedi trying to root out and cleanse their order of Sith Infiltrators while also preventing the Sith from gaining more power through galactic control. Every player will either be in the Jedi Council OR be part of a Knight/Padawan pairing. Every player will have multiple powers they will need to choose from each night.

Does this imply trustworthy masoning or just a pairing?

Also while control is a thing this game for powers, is planetary control a victory condition as well? Or is it standard village/mafia elimination?

Pairing does not mean masoning. Pairing is also not "just a pairing". Powers may or may not be dependent upon the actions of your Master/Padawan.

Planetary control is not a victory condition for the mafia or village, just a source of powers. Planetary control will be used to determine the winner in the case of ties.

• Options

Shut up.
    I admit, it was stupid and I was stupid for saying it.

Let me rephrase: I had more fun playing KOTOR 2 than playing KOTOR 1. And I loved playing KOTOR 1.

Question for the host: With controlling planets as a mechanic, will this game remind me of the fun parts of Star Wars Rebellion?

hopefully!

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Will the mafia be allowed to pick their own secret Sith names (e.g. Darth Examplus)?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    Will the mafia be allowed to pick their own secret Sith names (e.g. Darth Examplus)?

yes, and those names will be used in the narration. so they will need to pick wisely

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I remember a game with mason pairs in the whole village and the mafia was just a lump and they wernt told about it.

That sure was somthin :whistle:

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular

yes, and those names will be used in the narration. so they will need to pick wisely

I have never wanted to be mafia more than this moment.

• Options
    also kotor is the best single player bioware game

• Options
    i dont know why i felt the need to prefix single player there?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Well they have that momoburger

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Someone better be Darth Nefarious.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    oh what the hell, !signup

Loane Starr

Before this game starts, there is something you should know.
    I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I think I've enjoyed every bioware game I've played. Kotor was fun, NWN was a steal for the amount of time I put into it, and I love the Mass Effect trilogy (the endings of 1&2 are easily among my favorite gaming moments, and 3 had some really good stuff if you ignore the ending).

Oh, wait, Dragon Age. Never finished that, the combat was just clunky so I stopped half way through and never finished.