As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

English chocolate for PAX Prime

LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Last time I came to PAX, I brought some chocolate with me for a variety of people. I'm really happy to do so again, but this time will be better organised about the delivery of it - some people missed out cos I couldn't find them, and I ended up giving the spare chocolate to the enforcers, who so deserved it!

So, if you'd like some scrummy English chocolate, here's your chance. Let me know what you'd like, and if I can fit it in my bag, I'll bring it with me. However, you will need to pick it up on the Friday morning - I will pick a place to stand for a while to distribute it all, then if you've not collected it, I'll give it away to someone else!

I'm on twitter as @LewiePsMummy, and I'll announce where I will stand both here when I've decided and on twitter when I get to PAX on the Friday morning. If you want to give me money for chocolate, that's a bonus, and it will go to Child's Play. If any fellow Brits want to join me doing this, let me know.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
Moe Fwacky on

• ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Can you give us an idea of what is available?

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    OMG!! There is this Cadbury's stuff. I don't know if it's seasonal because it seems to be elf themed..... But it has pop rocks in it. A Northerner pal sent it to me for Fireballs. That and fire lollys (not chocolate obviously but wow).

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • TangoTango Registered User regular
    I would love some Drifter bars. As many as possible, really! ;) I will gladly hand over cash for them for the purposes of Child's Play.

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I would love some Kinder Surprise and Happy Hippos. :) Maybe if you can find the thicker Kit Kat bars? I'd love to throw some cash in for Child's Play, too!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    vespachica wrote: »
    I would love some Kinder Surprise and Happy Hippos. :) Maybe if you can find the thicker Kit Kat bars? I'd love to throw some cash in for Child's Play, too!

Careful about Kinder Surprise. They are contraband in the United States and they will be confiscated.

7B14287.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »

Careful about Kinder Surprise. They are contraband in the United States and they will be confiscated.

Man peet I thought you were pulling my leg or some sort of thing like you were going to confiscate them all

But I just googled it and no kidding, they really are banned here, on account of "a non-nutritive object embedded inside"

What silly geese

• MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    I'm also happy to bring some UK choccies/sweets. I can't supply the Class A Controlled Kinderdrugs though, as I don't want to lose my trusted traveller status :P

• BritalityBritality Registered User regular

HOLY COW. No wonder I can't find them anywhere here. Someone from my Redditgifts Secret Santa sent me one and it was the loudest squeeeeeee ever.

CURLY WURLYS, pretty please! Will gladly donate to CP for your troubles =D

• MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    Britality wrote: »

HOLY COW. No wonder I can't find them anywhere here. Someone from my Redditgifts Secret Santa sent me one and it was the loudest squeeeeeee ever.

CURLY WURLYS, pretty please! Will gladly donate to CP for your troubles =D

The last time I tried to bring something into the country for you, US Customs grabbed my wand. After looking at the wood, and considering how much I had polished my wood, they said that it might have a parasite. They stuck it in a quarantine bag, and I never saw it again :(

I don't want a repeat of that incident!!!

• BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    The last time I tried to bring something into the country for you, US Customs grabbed my wand. After looking at the wood, and considering how much I had polished my wood, they said that it might have a parasite. They stuck it in a quarantine bag, and I never saw it again :(

I don't want a repeat of that incident!!!

I HATE YOU, U.S. CUSTOMS.
    But I <3 you, @MelesMeles.

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    What's available?

A wide range of fair trade chocolate
    Cadbury's chocolate
    Kit kats
    Mars bars
    Crunchie bars
    Kinder products
    Yorkie bars
    Curlie Wurlies
    Bounty

When i came to PAX East I posted kinder eggs to my hotel. It worked!

I'll make a list of who wants what and what I'm bringing, then the other Brits can bring stuff too, thanks for offering MelesMeles!

I've had them shipped to me several times by overseas friends with nary a concern...

ufq9gj8383nh.png

Admittedly it's more the surprise than the kinder. :D

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    As long as I knew what people wanted before the end of July, I could bring over some candy when I head back to the states for my summer holiday from school.

I've been over here two years now, and I still haven't tried a Kinder Surprise...probably about time I fixed that.

• TangoTango Registered User regular
    @LewieP'sMummy - YES PLZ for Bounty bars (milk chocolate kind) :D

The fun part last time was explaining what cake balls were to Customs staff. I got through by letting them taste one each cos I wouldn't let them have chocolate!

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    More than happy to drag some choc across the atlantic (I usually do when attending events in the US anyway) - however I am visiting some family in Canada first as part of my trip so not entirely sure what I would have left but I'll cheerfully donate anything that is

previous experience dictates crunchies, flakes and drifters being most popular (flakes being a bit of a nightmare to transport however )

Oh and I ain't doing the kinder eggs either, I'm way to old to get arrested for smuggling toys lol

• MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    I'm also happy to bring across chocolate/tablet/other excellent sweets to help out LewisP's Mummy.

I live very close to this shop, which is amazing: http://www.choco-latte.co.uk/

It has a list of items on the site as well as prices. I was intending on bringing them across and selling them at cost, giving all money to Child's Play as a donation, but I don't know how that fits in with what LPM is doing? =]

I'm also happy to bring across chocolate/tablet/other excellent sweets to help out LewisP's Mummy.

I live very close to this shop, which is amazing: http://www.choco-latte.co.uk/

It has a list of items on the site as well as prices. I was intending on bringing them across and selling them at cost, giving all money to Child's Play as a donation, but I don't know how that fits in with what LPM is doing? =]

I wish I could safely transport one of their cakes over. Those things are frickin' delicious.

I live very close to this shop, which is amazing: http://www.choco-latte.co.uk/ I was intending on bringing them across and selling them at cost, giving all money to Child's Play as a donation, but I don't know how that fits in with what LPM is doing? =]

Sounds a good plan! I'll be distributing mine on the Friday morning!

Folks, don't forget to let us know what chocolate goodies you'd like!

I live very close to this shop, which is amazing: http://www.choco-latte.co.uk/ I was intending on bringing them across and selling them at cost, giving all money to Child's Play as a donation, but I don't know how that fits in with what LPM is doing? =]

Sounds a good plan! I'll be distributing mine on the Friday morning!

We're sort of planning our holiday now and I think we'll be travelling down from Vancouver on the Thursday, where it would be excellent if we could meet up that evening and pass things onto you to be able to distribute. =]

It's the Pre PAX dinner at 6:00 ish then Tri Wizards bar crawl immediately after that - when are you planning to arrive? I'm staying next door to PAX so as long as its before 6:00 it's doable!

Yeah will need to check that one out.

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Not to turn this into a "trade all the chocolate" thread, but Pittsburgh has a lovely chocolate maker (Sarris's) and I was thinking about bringing a bunch of bars with me as well.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    Great idea! The more the merrier

• yuki12528yuki12528 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I don't know what chocolate is specific to england but I would be interested in getting some. I love chocolate! I am good with just about everything and would be willing to pay for it if especially if the money goes to child's play.This will be my first pax ever! I am soooo excited! Usually I have gone to sakuracon but this year we added pax!

Edit: my friend who is also going asked if you could bring some kind of english toffee for her...she really likes toffee. Thanks!

yuki12528 on
    Hi yuki12528, not a problem, I'll bring some of both. English chocolate is made with cocoa butter not vegetable fat, so it tastes quite delicious!

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I love chocolate and I would love to purchase some English ones! I don't know which ones I want though. I love nutty chocolate, maybe something with nuts in it?

Brazil or hazelnut? Hazelnuts are English ...

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Hazelnut please.

• AngryFruitSaladAngryFruitSalad Registered User new member
    any chance you still have room for some toffee crisp?

s5s4nhu17abi.png

• bkrobinbkrobin Roseburg, ORRegistered User regular
    Do you know when you will be handing them out yet? I know both Thursday and Friday were mentioned in the thread.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    So I guess I don't need to do my normal thread.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Decius wrote: »
    So I guess I don't need to do my normal thread.

Heh, I was thinking about that. @LewieP's Mummy can probably just change this to the international food exchange thread :)

Studying too much that I forgot to mention that it looks like I won't be at PAX Prime. I should be able to help out with bringing over English confectionery at East though!

Yes I have room for toffee crisp! I'm probably going to hand out at a set time on the Friday, if you miss me I'll be giving your chocolate away. Last time I came to PAX I ended up lugging chocolate around for all 3 days, I don't plan to do that!

I'm on twitter as @LewiePsMummy, so I'll let people know both here and on Twitter when and where - I'll need to look at the schedule first.

I've heard about the international food exchange - that's new since I was last at PAX - I'm really happy to join in with that as well, this chocolate bringing is just what I've done in the past to raise some more money for Child's Play.

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

Kinder Surprises are not allowed to be brought into the U.S.A. at least from Canada as they are illegal in the US

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

Kinder Surprises are not allowed to be brought into the U.S.A. at least from Canada as they are illegal in the US

Yeah, we've been over that :P In fact it was mentioned in the very next post under the one you quoted...

This discussion has been closed.