As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Artist's Corner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3TWNzMSr0

Plumtreeee!

EDIT: Wow, kind of a boring video actually. I never watched it before haha

melting_doll on

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    That video is like, what I imagine a stereotype Canadian of the imperviously wholesome, good-natured variety would come up with if pressed to make a video about rebellious, delinquent youths.

• Options
    Yeah it's...dorky.

What's great though is how the sound quality of that video is spot-on with the version on the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World soundtrack

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    They toss a mean Frisbee. And they ride in the back of a pickup truck.
    It's beyond badass.

• Options
    Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I knew a Canadian lass once that found an intruder bent on burglary creeping about her home and quite literally chased him out of the house with an authentic Scottish Claymore.

Can't picture a fake so Cali girl doing that.

Why do I live here again?

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • Options
    Also... I tossed yer moms Frisbee.

Sorry.

• Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    That last [chat] thread took

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The dorkiness is kind of fitting.

Spoilered for long and stupid, but I don't want to talk to offline friends about this:
    I talked to my mum about being asexual for first time today. It's frustrating, because I know she's trying to be supportive but at the same time she doesn't really believe that it's a thing, and making all sorts of excuses. It's all caused by me 'putting up barriers', she says, which doesn't makes any sense because I've actively been trying to find a relationship for a while - I just haven't been able to find anyone that I'm comfortable enough with and interested in, and I'm getting to the point where I'm not sure if I ever will. But what she's implying is that I'm choosing not to be attracted to anyone, which is really frustrating. I'd really rather not be asexual, and I've been trying to find some sort of explanation for years, to see if I can't be fixed. Then she goes on to propose or that it's because I didn't spend enough time with my dad as a kid, or that I'm just choosing to not be in a relationship because of some conditioned fear or something.

This was the thing that frustrated me so much about that stupid bet my friends were having about whether I was gay or straight that I mentioned a while back. I couldn't end it in one fell swoop because to do so I'd need to come out to everyone, and not fitting in to either category would just cause more stupid problems. Now that I'm out in the open at least my mum has agreed that I should try having some tests run. Who knows, maybe it's a hormonal thing? I hope it is actually.

Flay on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's important to understand that most people are very boring and not wanting to have sex with them is completely normal.

But I guess it comes down to whether you ever have any urges, ever. Even alone with your own imagination. If not, then yeah, that seems pretty cut and dry.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Flay,
    I know how you feel man. Asexuality is such an unknown and unaccepted thing even in the LGBTQI community. But there's nothing wrong with it, and just remember that you can be a heteromantic asexual or a homoromantic asexual or whatever you want to be. Labels are unimportant, your happiness is. Only you can decide what your label is, if you choose to have one, and don't let anyone tell you you're wrong. Try to explain to them that asexuality isn't a choice, but an orientation. There are some pretty good resources: http://www.asexuality.org/home/

There's even a good FAQ for your family: http://www.asexuality.org/home/family.html

Also, there are some cool asexuals, like Tim Gunn, Edward Gorey. It has even been speculated that Nikola Tesla was ace.

And if you ever wanna talk or anything, PM me or AIM me.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    I'm a 32 year old virgin who at 28 pooped himself in the middle of a movie theatre while watching an unmemorable Eliza dushku film so even if I had advice I'd never recommend taking it.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Kochi, you're good people. I don't even know if I really qualify as asexual yet, I have lots of things to figure things out first. Also I think that Tesla was just crazy.

Faded: Well I was looking for some advice on soiling myself in theaters, but if that's you're recommendation... :P

Flay on
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I'm a 32 year old virgin who at 28 pooped himself in the middle of a movie theatre while watching an unmemorable Eliza dushku film so even if I had advice I'd never recommend taking it.

Let me guess, your real name is Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Fuck this bullshit.
    Don't sully Neil deGrasse Tyson's good name with your nonsense.

What the hell is this about? :|

That's the second time I've lost a chat thread with a very mean and unwarranted comment. I even got the last post of the chat thread the first time.

MKR on
  • Options
    Flay! You are awesome. Just stay awesome and try to be happy -- whether with someone or not, there is no try.

Wait I think I did that wrong

• Options
    Well one of my best friends IS a clown and I HAVE walked the shady streets of this city weilding an umbrella .....

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    My dad just dropped off his telephoto and wide angle lens for my trip next week! This is gonna be funnnn!!!

• Options
    NicNic Registered User regular
    pop_up_pirate.jpg

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    MKR wrote: »
    Fuck this bullshit.

That's the second time I've lost a chat thread with a very mean and unwarranted comment. I even got the last post of the chat thread the first time.

I don't know what last time was about, all I know is that the rule isn't, "4th person from last on page 99 makes the new chat thread", and if NdGT were posting here, he'd obey the rules of the universe like a boss instead of prematurely ejaculating new chat threads all over the joint.

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    @Flay It is great that you talked to your mom about it. I can't even imagine how hard something like that must be, but you are a brave soul, mate. Looks good on you.

• Options
    MKR wrote: »
    Fuck this bullshit.

I don't know what last time was about, all I know is that the rule isn't, "4th person from last on page 99 makes the new chat thread", and if NdGT were posting here, he'd obey the rules of the universe like a boss instead of prematurely ejaculating new chat threads all over the joint.

It's not about the thread.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I wish I knew everything about cars so every time I had to take my car to the shop I wouldn't have to worry about the mechanics being dicks and trying to take more money from me when additional work they're REALLY trying to push on me isn't required.

Although the more I educate myself via the internet beforehand, the more comfortable I feel. Still, it's a pain in the ass. I think I'm going to stop bringing my car to the Firestone down the street (which I have been highly, highly suspicious of) and bring it to the last place I had my oil changed. Those other guys were way more honest.

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Don't forget, it's Free Comic Book Day!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I wish I knew everything about cars so every time I had to take my car to the shop I wouldn't have to worry about the mechanics being dicks and trying to take more money from me when additional work they're REALLY trying to push on me isn't required.

Although the more I educate myself via the internet beforehand, the more comfortable I feel. Still, it's a pain in the ass. I think I'm going to stop bringing my car to the Firestone down the street (which I have been highly, highly suspicious of) and bring it to the last place I had my oil changed. Those other guys were way more honest.

Find a good enthusiast forum for your car. The forum for my brand of car has saved me tons of time and money. I'll usually describe symptoms, get a range of possible issues, costs to fix, and links to guides/videos for fixing it myself. And that's if I don't find a thread that already covered the issue.

MKR on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I don't know how many people are "enthusiasts" about my kind of car hahaha but I can try that out. :) Usually a general Google search or 5 gives me what I need.

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    "My other car is a 2005 Honda Civic that still gets pretty decent gas milage, all things considered."

• Options
    JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Flay im glad you had enough courage to talk to your mother about such things, it is quiet awkward talking about such things considering social conformity and all.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Guys

I have built a computer! I have breathed the spark of life int- you know what this pales in comparison to all the AC people making actual life. Your adorable children ruin my success, you hear me!?

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cheers for the support guys. I didn't mean to make it seem like a big deal, just frustrating. I needed to vent.

Back to your usual programming.

Flay on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I thought I was asexual for a while, turned out I was just terrified of sex.
    I find it best to try not to label yourself too much. Everyone is a work in progress that it seems silly to cement any opinion you may have of yourself.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Just do what you want Flay. Maybe you'll find that special man or lady that gets your juices going. Maybe you really are just asexual. The important thing is that you do what makes you happy.

Unless what makes you happy is killing kittens. If that is the case, please stop and give me said kittens.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mustang: Yeah, I completely agree. I don't know what I am yet, and I'm going to stay open to starting a relationship because I really won't know until I try. I may have jumped the gun a little bringing it up with my mum, but it was really frustrating not having somebody to talk to about these things, I can't seem to be open with family. That and she kept asking questions about whether or not I had met some and it was just really awkward.

Napp: Heck no, it took me years to crawl this far up the ranks of the underground gladiator kitten deathmatch ring.

Flay on
  • Options
    Did I really see an Easter Island head spitting Cherrios in Skull Girls?

I think I did. I have no idea whats going on but the animation is highly entertaining.

• Options
    Man

today was so exhausting and I can't even get my brain to realize that it's too late to be conscious. It feels like 6pm (it's almost midnight)

We had a line in our store that lead to the hallway of the building our store's in and it continued outside on to the street. It was like that for about 5 hours, followed by 4 steady hours of business. What's great is the turds at our competition down the street had about 10 people in line when they opened and they ran out of free stuff before 2pm.

To celebrate I went out for drinks which I never do and now I'm drunk which I never am

Free Comic Book Dayyyomgdead

• Options
    To celebrate I went out for drinks which I never do and now I'm drunk which I never am

Free Comic Book Dayyyomgdead

Lol those are good times

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Flay, just don't put a lot of pressure on it, if it happens it happens but to harp on what everyone else is saying "don't worry, be happy". Glad you talked to your mum too, mad props sir. Hopefully she'll understand soon enough.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Oh my god that hulk punch ahahahaha

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    maaan was that a good game yesterday (Spurs vs. Jazz round three)
    maaaaaaaan

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    Saw Avengers this afternoon. It was good.

I sometimes wish movies would release simultaneously on Blu-Ray/DVD but then I would miss the peals of hysterical nerd laughter.*

*I would not miss the peals of hysterical nerd laughter.

DMAC on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I missed a few lines due to crowd-laughter.

But that just gives me an excuse to see it five more times, so..

• Options
    O.m.f.g. Country suxk ass....

This discussion has been closed.