As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about Diablo 3, baby

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I said feel like, not actually be. I know there were tons of other meteorb sorcs and skelemancers but coming up with the plan of how to spend those skill points myself was what I liked.

also i totally agree with this
    when i played the game before finding out guides and cookie cutter specs, that was when it was most fun
    planning a character etc myself

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my main complaint with D2 was that in nightmare and hell, even playing the game at all pretty much hinged on having good gear for some classes (barb, amazon especially)

and by good I mean good enough that I only ever personally saw gear of that caliber drop a handful of times in the two hundred or so hours I've played D2

but then, I've never put together an MF sorc

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    my main complaint was that I never ever had an SOJ.

I would have worn it.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I never ever found an SOJ

Despite having a pretty boss MF Sorc

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    so many Nagelrings

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i've actually found an soj before, and a ber too
    course they weren't valuable because of duping sooooo

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    i never found a BK ring, and i always needed one
    never even traded for one too

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    A dude gave me a bunch of duped stuff that I traded to another guy for maybe duped stuff, I moved up in the world.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Everything in Diablo 2 was duped, even if you killed a monster and saw it drop, it dropped a duped item.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Even with unique builds, 99% of the time every skill got "none, one, or 20" skill points. At that point you might as well get rid of skill points and just either have the skill or not.

haha yeah, my builds always turned out that way too.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    When I play d3 I'm using only starting skills until lvl30 because I'm not some wow baby.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    so many Nagelrings

MOTHER FUCKING NAGELRINGS

Can't tell how many times I was so pumped about a unique ring drop only to find out I had a piece of shit nagelring

ipsesignew.jpg
    but nagelring is actually good!
    as long as it's perfect

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Didnt you have to hold onto your other unique rings to get the soj to drop or something? Like it would always be the lowest unique ring you weren't carrying.

Or is my memory just making shit up?

yeah that's not a thing, since there are a lot of other unique rings in the game

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    but nagelring is actually good!
    as long as it's perfect

Nagelring is good the first two times it drops

Third time it's kinda eh

Fourth+ it's WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT WHERES MY SOJ

ipsesignew.jpg
    Also when you have two Nagelrings drop in the same night of MF runs, it kind of detracts from the whole "unique" item mystique

ipsesignew.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Didnt you have to hold onto your other unique rings to get the soj to drop or something? Like it would always be the lowest unique ring you weren't carrying.

Or is my memory just making shit up?
    That was in like vanilla d2 before the first couple patches

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Single digits days left

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    GET HYPE OH WAIT I STILL HAVE FINALS

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    GET HYPE OH WAIT I STILL HAVE FINALS

Finals until the 16th aw jeah

my finals are over on the 11th

four straight days of sitting around twiddling my fingers

by which i mean masturbation

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My finals finished on the 1st of May.

Yeah, that sounds like it blows

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    On the plus side, school year is almost done! Yaaaaaay!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    christ if I don't get an internship or a job I am going to waste my entire summer playing this fucking game, I know it

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    I have a job and I'm still going to waste my entire summer playing this fucking game.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    A guy at work retired last week. Old programmer, probably in his late 60s. Somebody asked him, "what are you going to do with all your free time, now?"

He responds, "well diablo 3 is coming out soon."

That's my kind of retirement.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    that owns

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i missed my chance at getting the collectors edition online so ill have to see if my folks can pick one up at a store for me while I'm in Germany.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    I said feel like, not actually be. I know there were tons of other meteorb sorcs and skelemancers but coming up with the plan of how to spend those skill points myself was what I liked.

also i totally agree with this
    when i played the game before finding out guides and cookie cutter specs, that was when it was most fun
    planning a character etc myself

That's the best part about D3. You can actually do that now, without ever ruining a character.

hurry up time

i want to be a blizzard wizard

making thizzface

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I have this downloaded

I clicked install a couple times just to make sure I couldn't actually install it yet

Probably gonna try at least once a day because the madness is closing in

2x39jD4.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Blizzard is secretly adding a millisecond of time a day where if you click it then it will unlock

It's random every day

So get clicking

And then you have to get the right millisecond to actually log in and play it

• JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular

Glorious. I brought my hammerdin into Uber Trist a few times, and was able to solo it. However, that was *not* in hard core, and that was using some sick runewords (Grief being one of them).

I can't even imagine the balls to do it in hardcore, with normal gear.

The question is: How did he even get to act 5 in hell, and level to 81, with just normal gear? Or did he allow himself to level using gear that he had found as he went along?

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
    probably got rushed

avoiding homework and studying for finals
    downloading d3 auction house spreadsheet

can't wait for this game

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    What's an auction house spreadsheet for?

This discussion has been closed.