As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

• Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    It annoys me that they pray.

• Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    LA v Seattle tonight! LA has a bit of a B-squad set for the match; Keane and Beckham didn't travel, and Saunders is out as he entered the MLS substance abuse program.

So no excuses Sounders, gotta beat LA tonight.

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Cristo wrote: »
    It annoys me that they pray.

Why?

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    No worse than a christian point to the sky amd doing the cross gesture.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    LA v Seattle tonight! LA has a bit of a B-squad set for the match; Keane and Beckham didn't travel, and Saunders is out as he entered the MLS substance abuse program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgGMBTgoA2E&feature=youtu.be

Done and done.

• Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »

Which also gets pretty annoying. Especially when Lucio is involved.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man he launched that right in front of me. Initially Montero looked up and I thought he was gonna give Estrada time to make the back-post run, then I saw the wind-up "that's no cros-- ooooOOOOHHHH"

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Fucking amazing strike!

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ShandoShando Registered User regular
    toxk_02 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgGMBTgoA2E&feature=youtu.be

Done and done.

This post warmed my heart. Just beautiful.

your troll just berserked on us.
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »

Exactly. I thought it was annoying when I saw Park praying every time he scored before Arsenal signed.

Why do they have to involve religion all the time? I'm not an obnoxious Atheist by any means, because I suppose I'm technically Christian (though labeling what I am is difficult) but it really does annoy me. It's like when Kaka or Pienaar have t-shirts underneath saying "THIS IS FOR JESUS" or "GOD IS GOOD". I feel like they should have faith in their own ability rather than faith in God letting them score, but that's just because of how I believe because I approach it from more of a Deist perspective.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    They could be thanking God because they believe he blessed them with abilities that they've managed to capitalise on and make a good career of.

Not really my kinda thing but I can see how it makes sense.

• Options
    If I had just made that shot I probably would have suspected divine intervention too.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    AsAILptCMAIr-1c.jpg:large

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sometimes religion is so ingrained into a culture they become as one.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Even though I prefer watching English football (Liverpool!), I can't help but be impressed with how well Real Madrid did on their way to a La Liga title.

Casillas is now one of my favorite goalies.

Good Looking Fat Guy on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    306194_355180687874186_309369765788612_1033932_1992130098_n.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I love it every time a Sounders home game shows up on my TV.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Messi tacked on 4 more to the record today.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Hartlepool fans traveling to a match against Charlton

AsKHVbECIAEUP08.jpg:large

• Options
    Messi tacked on 4 more to the record today.

He tacked on to his European record, and broke the global single season record, previously held by American Archie Stark from 1929.

In other record breaking news, TFC now holds the record for worst start in MLS history... eight straight losses.

• Options
    Messi has the same amount or more league goals as 70% of the teams in Seria A, La Liga and the EPL.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Chelsea get some silverishwear. Drogba scores in 4 straight FA Cups. Ashley Cole wins his 7th FA Cup (3 with Arsenal 4 with Chelsea) and Chelsea wins its 7th FA Cup which must be a record for a team not called United.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Cup_winners

Arsenal and Spurs have more, and Chelsea are tied with Liverpool and Villa. The number that they have won in recent years is impressive, but don't oversell it.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, definite recent history bias.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Last night was good
    Xfb86.jpg

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I'm glad Liverpool lost, but I was actually hoping they'd release 2 dozen hungry Lions onto the pitch.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    20 days of soccer book work to go before I send the draft to my liason. I don't know that I'll actually get the on-deck circle completely wiped out by then, but the way things are going, I'll be close enough to where I can mop things up in editing or, failing that, not worry about it. (Case in point, I locked down France and Croatia today, leaving 21 nations still on the board.) If I've gone through 1,057 clubs and you're still waiting for your name to get called, that's getting to be your fault for not being better or more interesting.

Honestly, the club I just did now, NK Imotski, is a lifelong second-tier Croatian team. If you're less interesting than NK Imotski, that's not my problem.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I'm glad Liverpool lost, but I was actually hoping they'd release 2 dozen hungry Lions onto the pitch.

I'm not a fan of Pay Per View, but would make an exception for that.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    christ this is a nervy game of football

• Options
    bollocks

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So that's it for Blackburn, technically. I don't think they can make up such a huge goal difference.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And that's also it for Villa, unless Bolton pulls 17 goals out of their ass. This season has been a total write-off. At least I won't have to be sweating it out the final day.

EDIT: I have found the worst uniforms ever. Not just in soccer. In sports. All the sports.

Caribous%2078%20Home%20Jersey%20Bob%20Rohrbach%20(2)_small.JPG

Gosling on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Ahhhhhh, how can you hate on "The Caribous of Colarado"?

As for Villa, McLeish seems like he's sticking around for another year, so I'm sure he'll manage to send us down yet. Then it's on to the Baggies for him to complete the West Midlands relegation hatrick.

• Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I didn't have any ill feeling towards Blackburn before this season but I'm going to be glad to see them go down. I understand that they really hate Steve Kean, but I just watched the first half of the game against Wigan and the only chants you could hear from the fans was Kean out / Venky's out. No suggestion of support in a game they must win. Fuck Blackburn fans, I hope they end up like Portsmouth.

Edit: And now someone has interrupted the start of the second half to go and throw his season ticket at the dugout. In the final home game of the season. What a powerful gesture. 8->

either,or on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The chicken was hilarious, though. It had a cape and everything!
    A-Blackburn-supporting-ch-3lg.jpg

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Oh I'd already forgotten about the chicken! Okay yeah, that was great. If they had continued trying to invade the field with poultry rather than people I might have changed my mind on them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    either,or wrote: »
    Edit: And now someone has interrupted the start of the second half to go and throw his season ticket at the dugout. In the final home game of the season. What a powerful gesture. 8->

The commentators on ESPN are taking the piss out of him.

• Options
    I can't wait for Sunday. As well as it being the last day of fixtures in the Premier League there is also a huge game in Ligue 1 where Montpellier will play Lille. Lille are mathematically still in with a chance of winning L'Hexagoal but the most likely outcome of a Lille win would be PSG taking the title. It's just as close at the bottom of the table, where there are still 9 clubs (but more realistically 7) who could go down. There's also a four way fight for the last Europa League place. An exciting weekend all around. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I would pay an obscene amount of money to see Joey Barton get the winning goal against ManC next Sunday.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Soo, could anyone with knowledge of the Russian premier league explain to me this, So they changed their season to winter so this year, they played their normal summer to fall schedule, then broke the league up into 2 8 team division, top 8 fight for champions league spot / europa league. Bottom division fights for relegation ? is this the way its going to be from here on out or just this season to transition to the fall / spring schedule ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

This discussion has been closed.