As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    Gonna hop on some BlOps in a bit, do join me PS3Bros.

steam_sig.png
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Except I played the 1st map pack once and then never again and haven't even downloaded the other two. And I never check my Combat Record and stats online. And you can't even check out other players' combat records in the lobby - the point where you actually care about that stuff.

Never again.

Seriously.

Elite might have convinced me to never even buy a map pack again.

And I even bought the MW3 map pack!

And I've still only played Liberation two times! Worst roll out of a map pack ever.

Like, if I try playing by myself and do the search for DLC content, the game itself will tell me to stop searching for the DLC maps, since it can't find a game.

Fucking terrible.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I hope Treyarch does things the old way just to spite IW. At least they offered stats that were handy and easy to view in the lobby.

Also rewatching the teaser the only thing that excites me is the Kard.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Is Elite still horribly broken or did you guys actually get any fraction of your 50 dollars out of it?

u4OkoEI.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I heard that they eventually implemented Clan challenges and shit. For whatever that's worth.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The way they did DLC for MW3 is fucking awful and I never play the new maps and it sucks. Some of them are actually pretty good, but since there's no good way to play them I don't. They didn't even add in the standard DLC game mode after they released the DLC pack you can buy.

Everything about Elite sucks and I feel bad for buying it.

I got more use out of my Gears of War 3 season pass than the CoD Elite and I barely play GoW3 anymore. It's ridiculous.

Magell on
    Gettin online now

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    I question my own dumb self about that. I mean, an up front buy for what was essentially the Combat Record in Blops (now online) and the map packs of any CoD game.

Except I played the 1st map pack once and then never again and haven't even downloaded the other two. And I never check my Combat Record and stats online. And you can't even check out other players' combat records in the lobby - the point where you actually care about that stuff.

What does the for-pay Combat Record have that the for-free Combat Record doesn't have?

I sort of like Elite. It's the for-pay part of it that I find to be fucking dumb. (Bordering insulting.)

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I question my own dumb self about that. I mean, an up front buy for what was essentially the Combat Record in Blops (now online) and the map packs of any CoD game.

What does the for-pay Combat Record have that the for-free Combat Record doesn't have?

I sort of like Elite. It's the for-pay part of it that I find to be fucking dumb. (Bordering insulting.)
    Did you mean free vs paid Record in MW3, or between MW3 paid Record and the free Blops one? Because I can't comment on the difference within MW3 - never had the free one.

Nothing I can remember, which tells you how groundbreaking the new features were.

But I was really just trying to say that I paid for something that was more accessible free. Why the hell can't I look at combat records in game?! It's not hard, it's a fun way to pass the time in a lobby and sometimes it even helps you in the next game. It doesn't matter if the online Elite is ten times better than Combat Record. I'll never look at it.

Edit: Wait, I remember one good thing: seeing a player's current loadouts.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular

There's no for-pay combat record. It's literally just for things like clan ops and the map packs. Also the extra fileshare slots, I guess.

• jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yea the stats and stuff is free no one really bought it for the stats or the website so I really wish people would stop acting like that's what people are paying for. I got elite for maps I never play for a game I think I've lost all interest in.

jonny439 on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    *Cool Kid Mode*

I was saying Elite was dumb before it was popular. 8-)

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    *Cool Kid Mode*

I was saying Elite was dumb before it was popular. 8-)

Yup, and that's why I never bothered getting into it.

If ever get Blacks Ops II, I'll get it used. Of course, with them putting Ollie North into their marketing... well, I think I own enough Call of Duty at this point.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I'll probably bum it off a friend or something to try it. I'll await y'all's judgments before I waste another 64 dollars.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited May 2012
    All of my friends are smart enough to know not to buy a COD game, the only people that still buy it...are...you people...

iRevert on
    Get online now you dootyheads

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Meh, if I get on, I'll only have time for 2-3 matches, depending on whether or not the matchmaking will work.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    Get on liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Yea guys, skip this one. You'll be doing mankind a favor.

Josh get torchlight 2.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Tridus1x wrote: »

Josh get torchlight 2.

Josh is gone, moved (or soon moving) to a place with no internet. But... but I'm here for you, baby!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    Well I already know your gonna get D3 and I still gotta actually play DD with you. So get torchlight 2 as well...if it ever comes out(it probably wont, it's one of those fake games).

I haven't really looked at the new CoD but if they are putting zombies back in, I hope they change it up a bit. The one thing that turned me off about zombies was having to start from wave 1 because it was slow.

Vey get something cool.

Everybody should actually get Gotham City Impostors, but in relation to CoD X-Box Ahoy did a video all about recoil so if you're super nerdy and love numbers and why stuff works it's a good watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ura5c6YDlNA&feature=g-u-u

Good (many many many) games tonight guys.

Probably shouldn't have stayed up till 3

No regrets

Nor egrets

Fuckin birds.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Tridus1x wrote: »

Josh get torchlight 2.

Josh is gone, moved (or soon moving) to a place with no internet. But... but I'm here for you, baby!
    Stop fucking talking for me goose.

@Tridus1x yeah I'm getting TL2.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    joshgotro wrote:
    Stop fucking talking for me goose.

You had told me you weren't going to be online anymore because you were moving out into the woods in an area with no to limited internet in order to be "self sufficient" and "green." Is that no longer the case? Or were you just bullshitting me, brah?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    "Green"

/wrists

u4OkoEI.png
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Now it makes sense why the thermal seems to make laser beams of LMGs (and also the P90).

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I miss you guys.

Dunnax is back in the hospital with fluid in her lungs, so I can't play right now. but I will, soon.

• GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    Damn dude, hope everything is ok! It gets easier once you get adjusted and things settle down into a schedule.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, if I'm understanding this (lol)Yahoo Games article correctly:
    "Preorders from day 1 of Black Ops 2 were more than 10 times the amount of preorders for the first Black Ops on its first day of availability," an Amazon representative told GameSpot. "Black Ops 2 even out preordered the first day of availability for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 by more than 30 percent."

The number of copies of BLOPS2 preorderd on the day it was announced are ten times more than the number of copies of BLOPS1 sold on day 1? And BLOPS2 preorders are 30% higher than the day 1 sales of MW3? THe wording is a little confusing.

That's pretty crazy if that's what they're saying.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    No, skull. The Amazon rep's comparing pre-orders to pre-orders, not pre-orders to sales.

What they're saying is still pretty good (I suppose), but they're not saying what you described.

iTunesIsEvil on
    Yeah, posted in the industry thread too, cleared it up for me. Still pretty crazy.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    What the hell else is hiring Oliver North supposed to mean? I mean fuck, the only reason he's not a war criminal is because we were fighting a proxy war, which makes it worse because it wasn't even authorized by Congress!

Because I missed this, I don't have a clue, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the vast majority of the people that get it probably don't give a shit. Either that or they'll ask "Who?" and I'm honestly not sure which set of implications are worse. I feel like there's probably a better place for that conversation though.

The preorder numbers being stupid-high shouldn't really come as a surprise either. It's Call of Duty.

Pre-order canceled!
    I guess that means I would of had to pre-order in the first place. Damn I got owned by the man again! *shakes fist*

I joined some dropzone by myself last night and it was awful. The first lobby I get thrown into has some guy laughing the whole time while this other guy is yelling at him and both of their mics are going off the entire time and it was frustrating that I kept being put on the bad team with the yelling guy.

I did top my team with an AA12 in mercenary TDM. The AA12 is pretty bad in this game, but that was the naked version of the gun so maybe it will start getting better with more stuff.

Also using the L86 this prestige and I think I like that better than the PKP because of the iron sights.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Just watched a preview of BLOPS 2 on X-Play, and they had the studio head for Treyarch on talking about things (Mark Lamia, I believe). When asked about multiplayer he immediately began talking about the competitive world of e-sports. It sounded like they want something that will appeal to e-sport players, and also to e-sport spectators.

As nifty as the future setting seems, I don't think I could be less hyped for this one.

There's literally no way that Activision will let Treyarch diverge too much from the tried and true formula that has worked since MW1. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everything I've read and seen so far for BLOPS 2 has me incredibly pumped. I couldn't be any more hyped for this year's installment. So hyped in fact that, depending on what toys are on offer(fingers crossed for some kind of Frank Woods statue), I'm considering my first ever CoD CE purchase.

There is a vast gulf between how competitive players play, and what spectators want to see. And that is always going to be the problem with competitive shooters. The most efficient way to win makes for crap ass gameplay that isn't fun to watch.

Especially since competitive CoD gets rid of all the things that make CoD different from every other shooter.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    how many of y'all are going to be left-clicking some motherfucking dragons and wizards and shit with me next week? I'm going to roll a monk and left click until my left mouse button falls off, shit's going to be dope.

well anyway, back to relevant discussion, I'm trying to decide why it is that competitive Halo is very exciting to watch but competitive Cowadoody is less exciting than watching paint dry?

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    I submit that watching competitive videogames is boring as watching dirt grow for every videogame.