As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    DON'T FEAR ME

FEAR THE CONSEQUENCES

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    He deserves to be smug after that performance, Kana.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Yeah totally, but he still lacks any charisma whatsoever

And his smugness was hilariously falling flat on that crowd

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    To be fair, the crowd has proven to be pretty dumb tonight.

I am amazed there was no booing while they were on the ground.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    Belcher should talk less.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Where the hell is Chu?

I'm avout to watch Avengers, I am too drunk and I have too much Adderall in me. FUUUUUCK YOUUUUU.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    DO YOU WANNA GET IN A FUCKING SHOUTING MATCH??!!

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Yeah I was surprised too, crowd was actually into it

But they were pretty constantly moving and threatening each other, that was a darn fun match

Belcher should talk less.

The only person in the UFC that really needs to talk less is Jacob Volkmann.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Let's give all of Volkmann and Belcher's talking to Mark Hunt

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    hahaha, they're chanting "fuck you koscheck" I believe

Is Koscheck's eye fucked up again?

I wonder if the GSP treatment permanently weakened that area.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    KOS' eye looks bad.

Think his socket is broken again?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    And Josh Koscheck gets the loss. Yay!

Koscheck to retire in the cage.

This Snow White movie would look awesome if Kristen Stewart wasn't in it. What a terrible actress.

I was actually thinking koscheck was gonna eke that one out, but

well, it's koscheck, I'm always ok seeing him lose

I'm kinda hoping this'll be the first bloody fight for network fox

Just because I want to see the reaction to it

Just saw the suggestion of Rory McDonald vs. Johny Hendricks for #1 contender on Twitter. I like it.

Hmm, how is McDonalds wrestling?

His standup is definitely better than Hendricks

Time for mean mugging

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    If a Diaz brother ever touches gloves, I think the Earth will explode.

oof, doesn't look good for Miller already

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Nate just hit the Diaz switch.

edited May 2012
    DIaz is styling now, sheesh

edit: Goodnight Jim Miller

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Damn, Diaz

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Miller's getting beat up now

aaaand that's it

I did not see Miller losing by sub. Well done by Diaz.

Does the 209 offer black belts in Diaz?

lol gotta love the diaz brothers

... Oh man this means we're gonna get either Diaz vs Bendo or Edgar. Awesome.

Nice Diaz thanking Rousey

• [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    Solid fights. Belcher beating Palharas at his own game was nuts. I was wincing during that whole fight, I thought poor Belcher would be limping home. Incredibly impressive sub defense, and then finishing the guy from inside the guard. Damn.

And speaking of impressive, Diaz. I like the guy a lot, but I thought this would be more of a tough fight. And I really didn't see him subbing Miller, especially with that sub. He attacked with a one arm guillotine, and didn't even have very good position. He then turned it into a arm in guillotine -which is much, much harder to pull off- and finished Miller with it. Nuts. Plus all Nate's usual boxing excellence. Glad to see him win; I don't think he has a chance against Bendo. Edgar maybe.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kinda bummed Miller didn't try utilizing some grappling earlier, before the strikes messed him up.

Mosley/Alvarez was a beatdown, and Mayweather actually looked hurt against Cotto! Cotto almost completed a double leg takedown, better than the one that took out Hopkins.

MMA warriors Justin Beiber, 50 Cent and Triple H were in Mayweather's corner.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    I was indisposed friday so I just caught up on Ultimate Fighter.

That was the best coach challenge ever.

camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2012
    I hope you guys are ready for...

SOUP-A FITE LEEG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8u0QOiRvLA

It is slated to start in the next 15 minutes, I think.

This one is headlined by James Thompson VS Bobby Lashley (hahah)

It's free, btw. The stream is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tadiXelbCTI

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    I've sobered up. Now I am extra sad about Rousimar. :(

At least he, as usual, put on an exciting fight. I hope by now some of the tension about his weird, homeless, Brazilian awkwardness has been overwritten by him putting in active, interesting performances. Dude deserves more fans.

Organichu on
    It's okay, man. Just watch Super Fight League with me.

You'll feel better

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2012
    "And now, without much ado"

Haha

Doug Marshall vs. Zelg Galesic

"Zelg Galesic didn't ever enjoy fighting, until he got paid for it."

Oh god, this commentary

"Doug Marshall is used to weighing in to his fights at 270. He cut 100 pounds for this fight"

W-what

Holy shit! Zelg absolutely blitzed him and KO'd Mashall with a flying knee to the chin.

Gurdashan Mangat vs. Liu Si Cong

"Liu Si Cong owns a gym, so his cardio will be amazing"

Ookay

Gurdashan came out with a sword. Nice.

Si Cong is spazzing out and Mangat takes him down. A little groundwork and they get back up. The crowd is going nuts for these takedowns.

Cong takes an illegal knee to the face and Goddard takes 2 points from Gurdashan. Ouch.

Cong eats a ton of punches and knees and survives to the next round. Round two is more of the same and Cong gets choked out.

Lakwinder Sekhon vs. Vladimir Byandov

Keys to victory for Byandov includes "Utilize experience" - he has 1 professional fight hahah

Sekhon is a mortgage broker. One of his Keys to victory is "Utilize hometown advantage" oh man

Early takedown by Byandov. Byandov threatens with a choke, but Sekhon escapes. Byandov overextends and Sekhon ends up on top. It's reversed again. Hooray for sloppy groundwork round!

Round 2! "I think Byandov wants this fight on the ground" No shit, Baroni. Byandov eats and knee and gets thrown to the ground. Sekhon is dumb and follows him there and quickly gets reversed. Yuji Shimada is screaming at them for ACTION. I feel like he wants to throw yellow cards at them.

Sekhon goes to the ground with Byandov again and sticks his head into an obvious triangle. Sekhon ends up escaping and some crazy GnP by him. Byandov looks comepletely exhausted. He cannot stand up at the end of the round. His team comes over to help him up, but Byandov waves them off and lays back down onto his back. He does not answer the 3rd round bell.

His eyes are closed and he is breathing heavily as he waits for the decision to be announced...he looks out on his feet.

Phil Baroni is doing the post fight interview shirtless and wearing a leather jacket, hahah

Baroni.jpg

Baga Agaev vs. Trevor Prangley

Prangley must "Stay Mentally Sharp"

Agaev looks stronger, has more fights, and is 13 years younger than Prangley.

I think Prangley is gonna get KO'd pretty quick.

Prangley getting picked apart by single punches and kicks. Agaev lands a spinning backfist. Prangley is hopping around, but not doing much else. Both fighters really seem hesitant to engage. Prangley must've gotten cut at some point, he's all bloodied. Boring round 1.

Round 2! The audience is dancing in the stands to the music. More of the same so far. Prangley is starting to take off and Agaev is slowing. Prangley si dominating the 2nd round by the mid point. Prangley wins the round. 1 to 1 so far.

Round 3! Agaev is really slowing down. Prangley still looks pretty good. More of the same from round 2. Prangley KOs Agaev!! Ref doesn't stop it and makes Prangley hit him (while he doesn't defend) on the ground a few times. :(

Really surprising end to me.

Kultar Singh Gill vs. Quinton Arendse

Arendse took fight on short notice. "Utilize surprise from experienced fighter" Baroni: "I'm not sure what that one means" hahah

Singh Gill comes out with a sword as well. Called "The Black Mamba"

Gill knocks him down with a punch early on. Arendse tries to take him down, but he gets taken down instead. Crazy GnP by Gill! Sick looking KO from the GnP onto Mr. Arendse. He looks dead. Tons of medical folks enter the ring to take a look. He's okay. Whew.

The crowd going crazy for this guy. Gill freaking out in interview. Attack-hugs Baroni after screaming at the crowd. Runs out of the ring and takes out a cameraman in the process. What.

Anup Kumar vs. Chatmongkhon Simma

Simma is a Muy Thai guy. He has had 150 Muy Thai fights.
    Kumar has sloppy standup, but is fun to watch. He's fought on the first SFL show. "Stay focused and don't let hometown get to head" What, hahah

Kumar immediately takes Simma down. Going for a North-South choke. Simma has no ground game. This lasts most of the round. Kumar tries for some crazy GnP, but Goddard is freaking out about shots to the back of the head. Kumar continues as if he didn't hear him. Goddard stands him up to deduct a point. 20 seconds left when the fight starts again. Kumar takes him down and GnPs him crazily. Goddard stops the fight with seconds to go.

Lena Ovchynnikova vs. Joanne Calderwood

Calderwood is ripped. She has some crazy designs shaved into the side of her head.

Lena is the Russian model who lost her fight in the first SFL. She also is ripped.

This'll be a good fight.

Tenative opening. Lena lands a spinning heel kick to Calderwood's face! Calderwood takes Lena down, but Lena reverses it. Calderwood gets a triangle from the bottom! It's super tight. Lena is fighting through it...and then Lena traps Calderwood's head between her legs and squeezes in her own attack while in the triangle! Saved by the bell.

Round 2! Lena gets taken down and gives up her back. Calderwood locks in a sick looking RNC. Lena is fighting it and her mouth is wide open. It's fucking locked in tight. Lena manages to reach back and break Calderwood's grip! Whaaat. Back to the feet! Grappling contest now on the feet. Lena eats a knee to the face. Lena gets a point taken for fence grabbing. End of round 2. Lena is waaay behind on points.

Round 3! Lena throwing kicks all over the place. Lands a spinning backfist. Big straight left by Lena! She's teeing off this round. Calderwood finally takes her down. Lena throws a headbutt into Calderwood's face! Whaaaat! Shimada doesn't see it. Calderwood ends the fight on top.

Calderwood is gonna win the decision and she does pushups in the middle of the ring. Nice. Calderwood has a knot on her head from that headbutt.

Bobby Lashley vs. James Thompson

Other commentator: "Do you guys think Lashley works out" Baroni: "What?" ahah

Thompson has a red Doomsday Howard-esque mohawk. Thompson is really popular in India, wow.

Lashley stumbles Thompson with a big punch and then takes him down. Thompson wall walks back to his feet. Clinchwork from Lashley. Thompson defending well against Lashley's takedown attempts, but then gets pulled down. Thompson must be feeling like Sapp from their fight against Lashley. He is getting wrestled to death. Lashley wall walks back up but eats a bunch of shots from Lashley. Thompson lands some nice knees to Lashley's body, but then knees him in the dick. Lashley taking time to recover. Thompson's nose is bloody and he's breathing out of his mouth. Lashley is taking his time, he looks like he's in some horrible pain. Booby chants are starting and the fight restarts. Thomspon starts landing some shots! Lashley fires back and hurts Thompson and starts going crazy with shots, Thompson is stunned! The bell rings and saves Thompson's life.

Round 2! Bobby chants from the crowd. Lashley eats some big punches and gets pushed against the cage. Thompson is doing some nice dirty boxing and knees against the cage. Lashley is bleeding from the mouth. Thai plum + knee from Lashley and he finally reverses the clinch to his favor. BIG PUNCHES FROM BOTH MEN! Whoo. Thompson back to clinch work on Lashley. Lashley lands a big uppercut! Lashley and Thompson just uppercutting eachother in the clinch! Back and forth until the end of the round. This is a surprisingly great fight.

Round 3! Thompson's left eye is very swollen. Thompson looks tired. Lashley looks to be the fresher fighter. Thompson knees Lashley in the dick again and Lashley is hurt. He isn't faking, Thompson through a big knee right to his jewels. Oof. Lashley is going to take the full 5 minutes to recover. Thompson lands a big elbow in the clinch! 3 minutes to go. Even round so far. Lashley goes for the Thai plum again, but Thompson says F that and elbows him in the jaw. Dirty boxing by Thompson. Lashley needs to get off the cage or he's screwed. Lashley pushes Thomspon off and they both swing for the fences, but Thompson pushes him back to the cage. These two end the fight throwing crazy punches at eachother!

I don't know who won this fight. It was waaay better than I thought it was. Props to James Thompson for his Couture-like gameplanning.

Thompson tries to do pushups in the middle of the cage at the end but fails. Hahahah

Unanimous decision: James Thompson!

Thompson.jpg

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kultar Gill is slightly excited about winning that match. That was a nice spike on the mic it definitely bounced over his head.

That was one of the few KOs I've seen from GnP.

I think I love the SFL theme song everybody's coming out to.

Magell on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    if anyone ever thinks the commentary in the ufc, strikeforce or bellator is bad ever again i demand they watch the maweather/cotto fight

what the fuck hbo

one dude sounds like he's reading a script in a comedy 20's style news reader voice, and he may actually be doing so because no matter what cotto does well he talks about mayweather

and the other dude is dying of old age mid fucking fight

jesus christ

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    also alan belcher put on a tremendous performance

and then another tremendous performance of douchbaggery in the interview

way to almost gain some fans idiot

This discussion has been closed.