As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shadowrun 4th Ed. IRC/Vent. No longer recruiting. Backup applications always accepted.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    also 4 of the 7 dudes we ran into are still alive.

next time i'm bringing my AK, fuck the ones we picked up, mine has style.

• Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I propose we have 2 teams, split into the vans we own (Wheeler's Van, and Kasper's Van) Bring your extra gear for deployment from the van, so you can suit up, and aren't out equipment for the duration.

Game wise:

I don't think we are gonna need the info from the food wrappers in the van, since EVO man showed up. I was gonna say we could possibly triangulate where the goons were hired based on the food they were eating (where the places are located) and use barcodes from any other products to find what stores they bought other items at.

Holy shit that's george clooney on roseanne

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Summary
    The group meets with a one eyed dwarf at a local bar. After accepting an offer of a lucrative job, with details soon to follow, they agree to meet at a nearby warehouse. After the dwarf takes his leave, the runners are leaving the bar when the perfectly formed front doors blow open. A missile of some sort streaks through the shattered ruins of everything a set of doors could be, it impacts on the table that the group just left. The missile is followed by three men in unmarked armor. The men filter the bar patrons slowly out the door using strange questions (and SINs). Most of the group passes muster, but trouble erupts when one of the intruders attempts to stop Jack from beating a wall to death. The villains (?) are quickly defeated. An elf is also crippled. Wheeler's rotodrone makes quick work of the last bro outside. Their van is investigated, netting a sandwich wrapper, a single piece of gum and three photos. A spirited and grisly interrogation reveals nothing except Kristen's lack of first aid training.

A decision is made to race to the meeting point to see what the heck is up. Upon arrival a van is witnessed speeding away. Half the group gives chase while the rest remain behind to investigate. The van chase is as thrilling as a chase involving vans can be. It ends with the enemy van crippled, a troll choking someone through the back window of said van, and Wheeler's van unharmed. Interrogation is more useful this time, as the troll choked man tells you of a list, and his orders to find the people on it and bring them to an abandoned rice warehouse. You also find the same three photos.

Back at the warehouse, Travis deals with The Mystery of the Single Bloody Hand Print. Which eventually leads him to The Adventure of Prying Up the Floor. That in turns leads to a computer terminal, a box of SnakPro brand energy bars (SnakPro : When you can't afford the rest) as well as holyshitfuckisthatabomb yesthatisabomb.

The vanguard returns victorious and everyone begins a longwinded bomb related debate. Also it is realized that this is both the meeting point warehouse and the abandoned rice warehouse. It is eventually decided that Casper will hack the heck outta the terminal and harvest all it's secrets like so much secret digital fruit. Wheeler runs digital interference. The terminal is plundered, netting a list of ten names and or photos. Jack, Casper and Travis are on the list. As well as the erstwhile one eyed dwarf. Wheeler's jamming is broken and kapowie, the warehouse blows up.

Up rolls a sweet limo with an old ass elf in the backseat. He's decked out in sweet duds and offers the group a job. They are to meet him at an office downtown. He also implies a connection to EVO corp and calls out Casper.

Karma!

The group receives 4 Karma each.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    i'm going to be honest, i know nothing about how karma works, is that a lot?

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    its average, but a nice amount. ShadowRun prefers that characters ''learn'' the skills, so that suddenly learning how to interrogate someone or perform matrix security in the middle of a lengthy run is discouraged.

to give an idea, here are the prices for spending karma:

New Specialization........................................2
    New Knowledge/Language Skill....................2
    New Active Skill.............................................4
    New Active Skill Group................................10
    Improving Knowledge/Lang Skill by 1...........New Rating......(ie 2,3,4,5 karma for the next skill level)
    Improving an Active Skill by 1.......................New Rating x2 (ie rating 2,3,4,5 would cost 4,6,8,10 karma respectively)
    Improving an Active Skill Group by 1............New Rating x5 (ie rating 2,3,4,5 would cost 10,15,20,25 karma respectively)
    Improving an attribute by 1...........................New Rating x5
    New positive quality......................................BP Cost x2 (certain qualities only. GM discretion)
    Removing a negative quality.........................BP Cost x2
    New Spell......................................................5
    New complex form........................................2
    Improving complex form by 1.......................New Rating

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    so, raising attributes, extremely costly?

edited May 2012
    yes. we can expect to raise an attribute every 3 or 4 game sessions, if we get 4 or 5 karma a game.

oh I should also mention that if you have the capacity to purchase a level 6 skill, its cost is factored like so:
    (New Rating x2) x2
    so basically 6x2 = 12 x2 =24

same with purchasing the maximum attribute you can attain for your metatype. (Max Rating x5) x2

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    (in-character post)

Jack saunters into the gym, and plops down on a nearby couch. He seems less tired than simply wanting to relax—not the usual activity in this training center, particularly for him.
    "Heard you had some fun, Jack," the Doc comments.
    Jack shrugs. "Nearly punched through a wall, kicked a guy so hard he vomited, jumped into a van and then onto another one. Not a bad day, really."
    The Doc raises an eyebrow. "Nearly, huh? What happened?"
    Jack starts cracking his knuckles. "Eh, I got interrupted before I could finish. Even I need a few minutes to get through multiple inches of concrete."
    The Doc laughs, mixing up a protein shake for one of his students, who is about to finish his session. "I would expect so, yes. But why were you doing it in the first place?"
    Jack gets up and heads towards Freddie, just coming out of the bathroom. "Eh. A few jackasses decided to hit up the bar, the exits were covered, I didn't much feel like staying there. You up for a spar?" The last question was directed towards Freddie, of course.
    Freddie grins and nods. "Sure, what the hell, my nose ain't been broken in a while. What'd you have in mind: boxing, karate, wrestling?"
    Jack considers for a few seconds, then winks. "Surprise me."
    A small crowd begins to gather, both men and women, as Jack and Freddie were two of the toughest and most experienced fighters there, and watching them was always educational, though somewhat intimidating.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Thank you Melding for reminding me. There is also a picture on the list that looks a bit like Krystin. If you squint.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited May 2012
    Haha! i figured out a good enough text dump of a charatcer sheet, i think! let's see how thr forum messed it up!
    Jillian Sooth (Human) Movement:10/25, Swim: 5
    B A R S C I L W E ESS INIT IP M INIT A IPM IP CM
    4 4 (6) 3 4 (6) 4 3 3 3 3 2.55 6 1 6 1 10/10

Qualities: Addiction (Moderate) (Caffine), Day Job (20 hrs/week), Made Man, Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker), Quick Healer, SINner (Standard) (Jillian Sooth)

Active Skills: Animal Handling 2, Animal Training 2, Archery 5, Armorer 2, Artisan 2, Automatics (Assault Rifles) 10 (12), Blades 5, Climbing 5, Clubs 5, Computer 2, Con 7, Cybercombat 2, Data Search 2, Demolitions 2, Disguise 5, Diving 3, Dodge 7, Escape Artist 5, Etiquette 7, First Aid 5, Flight 5, Forgery 5, Gunnery 5, Gymnastics 5, Hacking 2, Heavy Weapons 5, Infiltration 8, Instruction 3, Intimidation 3, Leadership 7, Locksmith 5, Longarms 5, Navigation 2, Negotiation 7, Palming 8, Parachuting 3, Perception 6, Pilot Ground Craft 2, Pilot Watercraft 2, Pistols 7, Riding 2, Running 8, Shadowing 5, Survival 2, Swimming 5, Throwing Weapons 5, Tracking 2, Unarmed Combat 9

Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Seattle 6, English N, Gaming 5, Military 6, Politics 6, Security Companies 6, Syndicates 7

Weapon DMG AP Mode RC
    AK-97 6P -1 SA/BF/FA 7
    Shock Pad, Sling, Foregrip, Gas Vent 3, Smartgun System

Ares HVAR 5P - SA/BF/FA 10
    Shock Pad, Sling, Stock, Foregrip, Gas Vent 3, Personalized Grip, Smartgun System

Ares Predator IV 5P -1 SA 1
    Smartgun System

Ingram Smartgun X 5P - BF/FA 4
    Stock, Gas Vent 2, Smartgun System, Sound Suppressor

Unarmed Attack 7P - 0 0

Combat Skill Rtg
    Archery 5
    Automatics (Assault Rifles) 10
    Blades 5
    Clubs 5
    Dodge 7
    Heavy Weapons 5
    Longarms 5
    Pistols 7
    Throwing Weapons 5
    Unarmed Combat 9

Armor (13/10) B I
    Form-Fitting Half-Body Suit 4 1
    Lined Coat 6 4
    SecureTech Forearm Guards 0 1
    SecureTech Shin Guards 0 1

Cyberware/Bioware: Bone Density Augmentation Rating 4, Commlink, Cyberears Rating 1 (w/ Ear Recording Unit, Sound Link, Spatial Recognizer) , Cybereyes Basic System Rating 4 (w/ Eye Recording Unit, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Smartlink, Thermographic Vision, Vision Enhancement 2, Vision Magnification, Flare Compensation) , Datajack, Muscle Augmentation Rating 2, Muscle Toner Rating 2, Orthoskin Rating 3, Platelet Factories

Gear: Novatech Airware [Iris Orb; Subvocal Microphone]

Nuyen: 850

Notes: doesn't quite understand the point of non-leathal weapons yet.

Weird, apparently chummer thinks that clarifying the knowledge feilds that's specialization, weird, i guess i need to knowledge skills some. that did seem kind of weird.

Melding on
    edited May 2012
    Non-lethal weapons are legal without the need for a license, not to mention they are effective at downing someone without murdering them.

If you aren't familiar with the actual use of LTL weapons, I'd imagine you would have no place using them.

Also Tasers show potential as a good stand off weapon, as opposed to an actual stand off weapon that uses live ammo.

Assuming if a stand off weapon fires a rather low caliber cartridge, it wouldn't be doing much damage to an armored opponent, when it is your only means of ranged combat. Where as a Taser will supply you with an electric weapon, that would need to be resisted by means of Non-Conductive armor, or successful tests to not get tased in the boing-loins.

POLICE EXIST PEOPLE

We all may feel the need to tote ARs; massive human sized swords, and countless grenades wherever we go, but that does not mean we are toting extremely illegal equipment that will sooner or later bring the law down on our squad. That isn't to say the popo could be more of less lax in shittier parts of town, if shit is popping off in financial sectors someone could make the argument that we would be pursued. Not to mention you can't just waltz into most places armed to the teeth and people aren't going to bat an eye. Stand-off weapons, and Tasers alike I believe are small enough to be the easiest of firearms to conceal.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    Fucking melding, why would I even have to explain this shit. Is it not obvious that a weapon designated non lethal, doesn't fucking lethal people?

motherfuckingwar.png
    It's a character note meta.

She's a mafia enforcer, when she is sent to deal with people it's to kill them or beat them to near death.

There's a reason why her fists deal 7 physical damage. Killing people ain't no thang. It's why she gets paid.

Theres a wahahuhbuhaubuwbuwbubuwubwubuwbuwubwubwub.

Posting to leave a rain check for today's game.

Can probably make it but there's a thing I have to do so not sure if I'll be home for the duration. I'll be on time if I am playing.

motherfuckingwar.png
    Might be a little late cause of dinner, figure i will fill in some holes of stuff that might be going on by

So you know, in character:

Krystin stumbles into her apartment, head starting to ache after a long day, tossing aside her new collection of nicked guns as she heads into the kitchen starting the coffee maker and grabbing the half drank energy drink off her counter. Leaning against the wall she calls up her phone to make a call she isn't all too happy about.

"Hey, Jimmy, I found Harry the Weasel, yeah, right where you said he was. Looks like Paulie G was right, by train. Next Thursday. Would have gotten more, but some troll decided to play hero and he wasn't worth shooting." she takes a moment to finish her drink, tossign the can aside while the other side rambles off some stuff. "Yeah, I can probably provide cover fire. Another job i'm on is going sidewise, but it should be cleared up by then. Speaking of which, i dropped some pictures and a list of names off at the pick up spot, if you could get some blue shirt to look into that for me that might help. Yeah, they're all connected to this somehow, fuck if i know Jimmy, just tell them it's none of their business and get whatever they can."

After a long sigh she slides down on the wall "Yeah James, I know, yeah don't worry, i got it covered. Alright, give your mom my best, I'll be in tomorrow."

Degected as she looks at the coffee maker not even being half done, she rings up another contact "Yo, Jike, I picked up some second hand AKs, You interested? Iunno, I might hold on to a couple, but at least five. No idea. Stock parts, Aftermarket smartgun strapped on. No, it's trash. Black synthetic. Alright cool, i'll drop them off when i'm in the area tomorrow, just get me the money when you can."

Taking a perch on her counter to watch the coffee maker work she zones out from the rest of the world "tomorrow is going to be kind of a shitty day"

edited May 2012
    Jack (With multiple pictures, as well as info on spots he frequents.)
    A shadowy blurry shot of what looks like Krystin. No info given other than "Possible mob connections."
    Kasper (One picture.)
    Travis (One picture, taken from a distance.)
    Anthony (The one eyed dwarf) (Multiple pictures, info on home)
    Jane Solvern (Young elf, multiple pictures. Info includes job. Works for EVO)
    Jin Harmbaw (Orc. Bouncer at local club "Helsinki" Pics)
    Amis Teln (No pic. Listed as assassin. No description. List of suspected work)
    Roger Stalbak (Reporter, multiple photos, info on hangouts and job)
    Kist Janston (Weapons dealer. Pics, hangouts)

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited May 2012
    Job: Retreival:
    --Data Disk
    --5000 up front
    --5000 for info on disk -or- 15000 for retreival

Notable People.
    Veles (Mr. Johnson type)
    --pretty high up in EVO
    --not sure if he's part of it or off the records
    --rep being fair but stern
    --VERY OLD for an elf even
    --Hired us for DATA DISK retrieval
    --knew Anthony (one-eye dwarf) fell out about 1.5years ago.

--Heresay from John Vance...25+ runners are dead for doing jobs
    --HYPOTHOSIS: Amis Teln is hired assassin that was mentioned by Roger Stalback

Anthony
    --ran security for Veles. PROFICIENT CQB EXPERT. (broke John Vance's leg, grey troop arm)
    --lost eye due to slipping in shower, landing on sink. Known to few, including Veles.
    --open case with LoneStar. Smuggled drugs, guns, people, etc. Name it, he's probably done it.
    --tried to get a job with him, now missing.

Roger Stalback
    --works for Fox affiliate at NY/Times Warner
    --tried to do a story on EVO and Veles. COMPLETE Data and Electronic Wipe. Office and House.
    --regarding Veles, hired a hardcore assassin (public killings). DO NOT REVEAL INFO CAME FROM STALBACK.
    --Received large DEATH THREAT LIST

John Vance, Lone Star Officer
    --was following us. Letting off some of the heat so that we can operate.
    --we basically got to work with this guy
    --very interested in Veles and his associates

Jin Harmbaw
    --member of the Sons of Sauron (Orc/Troll Policlub, Similar to Humanis but Pro-Goblin)
    --OD'd on Zen and a Trauma Patch (courtesy of Jack and Travis) Taken to Detox Clinic by Wheeler, Travis, possibly Jack.
    -- Has been stabilized. May be worth revisiting since TWO HUMANS saved his life.

Grey No-insignia Troops
    --looking for people on THE LIST
    --possibly linked with Renraku
    --possibly abducted/killed Anthony
    --possibly has DATA DISK for Veles

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    500 nuyen subtracted from our Evo account for Stalback's ex-Secretary. Coming out of Wheeler's Cut.

motherfuckingwar.png
    i have 4 charisma, and 3 in influence. Am..am i our face?

Also, we should probably look for the dude you handed the disc off to. get a name and address, and then everyone that didn't do that run can go have a chat with him.

You and Jack seem to be the most proficient in any social means, at this time.

motherfuckingwar.png
    oh boy. I will see what i can do, skill and implant wise, i guess.

When we have so many people and things able to spew death i guess i'm fine with taking on a role one of the drones can't do.

if anyone has any additional info from the game, or different perspectives, etc. go ahead and post it.

At the moment I feel like we are grasping at straws and I'd rather not ask Lone Star for assistance.
    Im also feeling incredibly stupid not asking Veles what the data disk contained. How the fuck am i supposed to know we got the right one?

And listening to Meta and Tal's exchanges with uncovering snippets of information, I feel like he is laughing at us behind the computer screen >.<

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    I already suggested how we find the Mr. Johnson. Marsh seems to think they have the conversation recorded, we just run the magic CSI face reconition machine to get a name and address, then we go have a little "chat" with him.

We got fire grenades and a mafia enforcer, what else do we need outside of a name and an address?

I think right now going after the list is kind of pointless as i don't think they're all connected. they're just people renraku wants dead.

If the Johnson can't get us the disc he can get us a lead and we can sell him out to the evil elf guy.

edited May 2012
    Anthony Harstang - Anthony.jpg

Jane Solvern - CyElf2.jpg

Jin Harmbaw - Orc.jpg

Roger Stalbak - Stalbak.jpg

Kist Janston - Kist.jpg

Amis Teln - Suspected of involvement in 23 unlawful deaths over the past 10 years. Recent and noteworthy - Jurgan Silastar : Operations Officer, Renraku Corp. Helen Kilten : Marketing Director, Aztechnology. Glen Salazar, Tomas Shilson, Anita Clay : R&D Leads, Ares Macrotechnology.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    John Vance
    JohnVance.jpg

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Almost forgot.

Karma - 3 per person.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    the move i look at the picture for roger stalback the more i love it.

is that scarborough?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    iunno, it's a painting of glenn beck though.

oh beck, that's the guy

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    i also get the felling people are going to argue over who gets to talk to Jane Solvern. but maybe we won't. maybe we'll do some real work.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I am highly interested in this. I realize your title says you're still recruiting, but I feel like I should ask before I go about digging for my books and spin up a character.

Are you still looking for more solid players? Sunday at 5 is nearly a perfect time for me (barring things I can not control). I'd be highly interested in a consistent and long term Shadowrun game.

Hang on, headcounting. Doot doot doot.

Uhh. Sure. That'll max us out assuming Godmode and Francis arise from the nether worlds. SO yeah, why not.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    i don't know man, they're a felon. is that the kind of person you want associated with in your game about criminal activities?

Francis' character is done, just not sure when they are planning to join.

Also if you are referring to my incendiary grenades, these are for the removal of evidence or otherwise used for extremely effective immolation of a location. They are not the combat incendiary grenades which flash burn a room of people. Although if you strapped someone down or otherwise incapacitated them or immobilized them. I'm positive what is equivalent to a fireball that spews thermite would take care of them.

motherfuckingwar.png
    i meant for setting their dwelling on fire, don't worry. you know, in case he needs motivation, or we need to hide a body and a bunch of papers.

yea we need to figure out where this disk is and I think that Mr. J you guys talked is the lead.

Hey Thelonius,

going over Wheeler's image recordings, is Jane Solvern the same girl that was Velas' receptionist?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    She was not.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    balls, I gotta help make dinner for mom tomorrow. and of course it will eat up most of our usual play time.

hopefully someone can post notes about the session.

a4irovn5uqjp.png