As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Will the mafia be allowed to pick their own secret Sith names (e.g. Darth Examplus)?

yes, and those names will be used in the narration. so they will need to pick wisely

Can low down, dirty sith use pre-existing player names to try and frame people? Ex. Darth Bedlam

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Will the mafia be allowed to pick their own secret Sith names (e.g. Darth Examplus)?

yes, and those names will be used in the narration. so they will need to pick wisely

Can low down, dirty sith use pre-existing player names to try and frame people? Ex. Darth Bedlam

I don't see why not.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Only a Sith would think of such a thing, Darth Farangu.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular

This will be my downfall.

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    See now if they do pick someone's name is it going to be a sneaky double bluff or trying to stitch someone up?

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    kind of sad, but i really am hoping i'm mafia, just cause i have the best sith name....

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

Farangu for besmerching my good name.

Oh goodness what have I done.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Is there still time? !I put on my robe and jedi hood

!Scoo'taloo

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Almost forgot to come back and pick my Jedi name.

Var Falconer.

@nullzone

You said you could be moved to sign up if we need someone to get to 50. We need you now, nullzone, you are our only hope.

Can I move you to a signup? If I can, PMs will go out shortly and day 0 narration will be posted.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I guess I'll try to scrounge up enough time to make an effort of participation.

I !sign up.
    Long Yu

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @nullzone nevermind, you can stay a reserve

We are now full. I will be sending out PMs today. Day 0 narration will go up as soon as all PMs are sent.

Day 1 will end on Monday at 10pm MST/PDT

If you haven't chosen a Jedi name yet (@Malkor), you have until tonight at 10pm MST/PDT to post it in the thread.

Make him Inact'ivus.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Someone already got that name, he should have a silly name.

Jar Jar Malk.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Malk Windu?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Retaba wrote: »
    Someone already got that name, he should have a silly name.

Jar Jar Malk.

The worst punishment

I like it

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    do it!!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Peen Rokolu

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    Malkor wrote: »
    Peen Rokolu

He didn't do it in blue! Jar Jar Malkor it is!

edited May 2012
    Opening Crawl

DAY 0 - A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Master Tvet Slyndar enters the sparsely decorated Council Room and takes his seat. He looks around and sees all of his fellow Masters and Council members sitting in their chairs with their heads bowed. All of them enveloped by the force in obvious meditation.

With everyone finally present in the Council Chambers, Master Dark Helmet lifts his head and clears his throat, "You have all been called back for a very important reason. We have discovered traces of communication from the Jedi Temple to Korriban. The most recent one was last night, and using the information from that transmission, we have found more. Some of them dating back twenty to thirty years. There are Sith in the Jedi Temple and..."

Master Thraellvi'g Gennsan immediately breaks in, "This is highly unlikely, Tvet. We would have felt them. There must be some mistake"

"Agreed" Master Ilin Draconis says as he bows his head thoughtfully.

Master Helmet continues, "I thought so too, until I saw the holorecordings". With the slight wave of his hand a blue transparent image starts playing in the center of the room. It shows an empty archives and the timestamp of the middle of the night the previous day. A hooded figure walks into view, raises its hand and a brief flash of red lightning is seen before the recording terminates.

Master gℓιт¢н, made of mainly cybernetic parts after his horrible accident, responds quickly and robotically, "There were 20 knight-padawan pairings in the Temple yesterday. The rest were on assignment."

Master Long Yu speaks softly, "This is most troubling."

"They must have been desperate to make such a brash showing of their power," Master Marasha Xiloscient
    concludes, "What was sent in the message last night?"

"The names of seven planets all currently unaligned with the Sith or Jedi," Master Helmet reveals. "Our sensors have picked up hyperspace signals in the direction of all seven planets from Korriban."

"Hyperspace signals can be faked." Master Arron Caballa responds, "but we need to react regardless. The Sith can not be allowed to take control of those planets."

"We need to keep all Jedi not connected to the Temple last night separate from the ones that were here last night" Master Oobedoob Benubi suggests, "It will help us eliminate the traitors from our Knights and Padawans and also reduce any risk of corruption and injury."

Master Ret'brah responds, "Agreed. We can not sit idly by, though, either. We should meditate on our Knights and Padawans and find the Sith ourselves. The Force will not fail us."

Master Helmet concludes, "The Force will not fail us. I believe we all have our own paths to follow. This meeting is adjourned until tomorrow. Watch for any traces of Sith, protect the Jedi, and may the Force guide you in protecting the galaxy."

I have added the following public rules for the Jedi Council and Power Vacuum Rule to the OP:

The Jedi Council

The Jedi Council is immune to the vote and can not be voted for. There will always be 10 members of the Jedi Council. The Jedi Council will be dissolved and vulnerable to the vote when there are 20 or less people alive in the Order.

The "Power Vacuum" Rule

Whenever a Council Member dies, a Knight will replace that Council member as chosen by the Council. The Knight then gains Council member powers and loses any previous knight powers.

Whenever a Knight dies, their padawan will take their place. The Padawan gains Knight powers and loses any previous padawan powers.

Updated Player List and positions:
    Jedi Council
    SLyM Master Tvet Slyndar
    Kias Master Dark Helmet
    Alegis Master Thraellvi'g Gennsan
    matev Master Ilin Draconis
    warban Master gℓιт¢н
    MrBlarney Master Long Yu
    Anialos Master Marasha Xiloscient
    capfalcon Master Arron Caballa
    Smoove Operator Master Oobedoob Benubi
    Ketbra Master Ret'brah

Knight/Padawan Pairings
    TheRoadVirus Knight Vashta Nerada
    Cayrus Padawan Wedge Starkiller

FecklessRogue Knight Finnigan Rysoh
    Baidol Padawan Perio Veris

Infidel Knight Vii'let
    13lasphemer69 Padawan Travius Starscream

AkimboLegs Knight Kado
    Mr. Mojo Risin Padawan Tacitus

That Dave Fella Knight Thafel Fartmaster
    kime Padawan Placeholderus

SaberOverEasy Knight Hammer Wilga
    jdarksun Padawan Krema Matyr

tzeentchling Knight Pandora Rose
    Figgy Padawan Swen Spynar

JABMonkey Knight Ezlee Seyfert
    Rawkking Goodguy Padawan Loane Starr

Cythraul Knight Inactivus
    Nirya Padawan Captain Lou Albano

I needed a name to post Knight Harry S. Plinkett
    Malkor Padawan Peen Rokolu

Assuran Knight Flock
    CaptainPlanet82 Padawan Butscratch'A

pablo_price Knight Scoo'taloo
    Gaslight Padawan Var Falconer

38thDoe Knight ☺☻♥♣♪♫Ω∞♠♦◘○
    Peccavi Padawan Xzibit

Farangu Knight Murtak Nesh
    shalmelo Padawan Olem Lahs

The Anonymous Knight Gree M. D'Arrc
    Schuss Padawan Badevil Goodslayer

REG Rysk Knight Saphelon De'Armetis
    corvidae Padawan corvus corax

mascara305 Knight Niav
    Bedlam Padawan Wang Visectamus

MrTLicious Knight Vitju Mavis
    vertroue Padawan Damaya Weirn

SeGaTai Knight Raest
    Grunt's Ghosts Padawan Vicus Oman

Shiny New Toys Knight Ado Conrye
    Retaba Padawan Ket'Brah

Galactic Status:
    GalaxyMap0.png
    Planets:
    Jedi Controlled Planets:
    Coruscant: Seat of Power. Initially under Jedi Control and this power is controlled by and known to the Jedi Council.

Neutral Planets (Full power description will only be given to the Jedi/Sith that get control of the planet.):
    Alderaan
    Bothuwai
    Fondor
    Hoth
    Nal Hutta
    Tatooine

PMs for Roles being sent out now. Please do not discuss anything until I post that they are all out.

After all PMs are out, please begin voting and getting in your actions. Voting and action submittal closes Monday at 10pm MST/PDT

ObiFett on
    Master Thraellvi'g Gennsan immediately breaks in, "This is highly unlikely, Tvet. We would have felt them. There must be some mistake"

I chuckled.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It's gonna be interesting trying to be all 'srs bsnss' with some of these names

jdarksun wrote: »
    The Jedi Council is immune to the vote.

:shock:

To be more clear, you can not vote for a Council Member

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Luckily we have lightsabres.

Oh, what, you didn't get one?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    The Jedi Council is immune to the vote.

:shock:

To be more clear, you can not vote for a Council Member

Oh man. Those guys are going to be insufferable.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It's not the Jedi way to lord such things over people, Padawan Lahs. We are merely using our acquired experience to help guide the Order in these troubled times.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Hopefully we got vigs to spare.

Voting immunity does seem pretty O_O. Hopefully the size of the council also decreases with population.

edited May 2012
    Jedi be tryin to work their way up in the world, they gotta be paintin bullseyes on their back to do it

That's the way the world works, man

Farangu on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I like ham

Erin The Red on
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    AkimboLegs is clearly a Sith mastermind.

PMs for Roles being sent out now. Please do not discuss anything until I post that they are all out.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Heh.

Rats. My only decent grudge isn't in this game.

Also, I am paired with a person I am pretty sure I have never played phalla with before.

This should be interesting.

All PMs are out. If you think I made a mistake, please tell me. If you didn't get a PM, please tell me.

Have Fun!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Star Wars Phalla 1 is the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more can you fuck up a Star Wars phalla? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of an Applebee's, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars phallas is that they will be around forever. They can never be undone. If you're under the age of like 20 and you say your least favorite phalla was Phalla of Loxley because it was the most boringest one, then I suggest you hide these posts right now, before I carefully explain how much of a fucking goose you are.

So where do I possibly begin? Nothing in Phallance makes any sense at all. It comes off like a phalla written by an eight-year-old. It's like ObiFett wrote it in one draft, like wrapped it up and decided to go with it without anyone saying that it made no sense or was a stupid incoherent mess. I guess who's going to question ObiFett or tell him what to do? He controls every aspect of the game. I also think people just assumed that a Star Wars phalla would be an instant hit, I mean how do you screw it up? IT'S LIKE A HOT DOG, YOU BOIL THE WATER, YOU PUT IN THE

Day One: The Grudges

liEt3nH.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    TheRoadVirus, either for getting his mafia PM early or for not following host directions. Take your pick :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I needed a name to post, because I loath Plinkett.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Cythraul wrote: »
    TheRoadVirus, either for getting his mafia PM early or for not following host directions. Take your pick :P

Yeah I'm borderline retarded half the time. :oops: