As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Actually yeah, on the subject of easter eggs and clues seeded by Marvel
    So far I've seen references to Ant Man, Black Panther, Union Jack, Namor, The Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom. Have I missed anything? I suck at noticing stuff.
    Whoa there
    Where are the Ant-Man, Black Panther, Union Jack, Namor and Foom references?

Oh! Okay uh let's see what I remember
    Foom I spotted on a billboard, I think in Iron Man 2 while tony was flying. Also in Iron Man 2 there's a map in the SHIELD room that shows where Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Union Jack and Namor are located if you look reeeeaaally close. And Atlantis is mentioned on one of the clippings Backlash has on his wall at the start. And I think Union Jack's real name came up on screen during the car race news footage. And in 'Thor' the older scientist guy who's name I can't spell mentions calling an old friend who had a run in with SHIELD, who I think was later confirmed by the studio to be Hank Pym? They also seemed to labour the whole ant/boot thing in Avengers but that's a bit sketchy.

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Are there any screencaps of
    Thanos? Like even shitty cam ones. I wanna stare at him.
    [/00-Lil_B_I_Forgive_You-front-large.jpgspoiler]

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    So far I've seen references to Ant Man, Black Panther, Union Jack, Namor, The Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom. Have I missed anything? I suck at noticing stuff.
    Whoa there

Foom I spotted on a billboard, I think in Iron Man 2 while tony was flying. Also in Iron Man 2 there's a map in the SHIELD room that shows where Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Union Jack and Namor are located if you look reeeeaaally close. And Atlantis is mentioned on one of the clippings Backlash has on his wall at the start. And I think Union Jack's real name came up on screen during the car race news footage. And in 'Thor' the older scientist guy who's name I can't spell mentions calling an old friend who had a run in with SHIELD, who I think was later confirmed by the studio to be Hank Pym? They also seemed to labour the whole ant/boot thing in Avengers but that's a bit sketchy.
    Oh, if we're going all movies, then Cap had the original Human Torch in it.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Whoa there

Er
    Those map locations were never said to be HEY THIS IS BLACK PANTHER

they were just dots on a map

they could be Namor and whatnot

but the studio has never said they are and since we haven't seen anything from those characters I am inclined to believe it is just chance

CYpGAPn.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Whoa there

The final battle in IM2 also takes place in the Atlantis Industries Pavillion, which is Namor's corporation.

I hear Amadeus Cho was one of the civvies interviewed at the end.

Arrrgh! I missed that one :D Okay, off to see the movie again!

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    [/00-Lil_B_I_Forgive_You-front-large.jpgspoiler]

this was the best possible thing that i could've seen after clicking that spoiler

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    i'm just hoping to see
    more of maria hill coming into her role. I know colbie has a six movie deal, and there should be enough appearances where she goes from random shield agent to queen bitch of civiil war. I have no complaints with her avengers stuff as turning her into comics maria hill without the relative amount of exposure to supers would've been dumb.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Robin Sparkles in SHIELD at all. In fact, I'd encourage it.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    The Prometheus trailer was shit, I hated how it closed with a minute of blinking images and full throated screaming or sirens or whatever that was. I'm going to avoid seeing the film out of spite.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    on the other hand, the prometheus trailer was fucking awesome and you're a lunatic

Yeah you're crazy Avraham

CYpGAPn.png
    edited May 2012
    The opening of the trailer was fantastic, setting up a mysteriously fascinating scifi horror flick

and then AAAAAHH AAAAAAH AAAAAAH AAAAH AAAAAAAH AAAAAAH

Avraham on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Avraham wrote: »
    The Prometheus trailer was shit, I hated how it closed with a minute of blinking images and full throated screaming or sirens or whatever that was. I'm going to avoid seeing the film out of spite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuONuafxwk

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    The opening of the trailer was fantastic, setting up a mysteriously fascinating scifi horror flick

and then AAAAAHH AAAAAAH AAAAAAH AAAAH AAAAAAAH AAAAAAH

maybe go watch the original alien trailer

the entire prometheus trailer is just a huge reference to that

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    avraham

how does it feel to be so dumb

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular

you're....pretty dumb.

Whoa there

Er

but the studio has never said they are and since we haven't seen anything from those characters I am inclined to believe it is just chance
    Yeah I dismissed it at first too, but then I spotted Atlantis on the clipping and Jack's name in the car race, so it made me think there's more to it. Of course Wakanda hasn't been mentioned anywhere, just vibranium.

Well done team, we have successfully ganged up on Avraham

good work

CYpGAPn.png
    Whoa there

...he is?!

NOW LEMME TELL YOU WHY I HATE YOUR FACE, BLANK

7656367.jpg
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    a minute of blinking images and full throated screaming or sirens or whatever that was.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGlvWD4aoro

NOW LEMME TELL YOU WHY I HATE YOUR FACE, BLANK
    You hate me cause you ain't me

CYpGAPn.png
    Whoa there

Er

Yeah I dismissed it at first too, but then I spotted Atlantis on the clipping and Jack's name in the car race, so it made me think there's more to it. Of course Wakanda hasn't been mentioned anywhere, just vibranium.
    Yeah, Wakanda hasn't been mentioned anywhere, but Namor's actually kind of all over Iron Man 2. To the point where I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up somewhere.

even though I saw agent cooper, I was hoping that video was a trailer for the drew barrymore film doppelganger

7656367.jpg
    Whoa there

...he is?!

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Whoa there

...he is?!

Yup.
    Pretty prominently, at the expo.

You know the glass cased humanoid in pajamas?

That's him.

Whoa there

...he is?!

Yup.
    Pretty prominently, at the expo.

You know the glass cased humanoid in pajamas?

That's him.

Aaaaarrrgh! Of course!
    I looked at that and thought it was a pre-tony suit idea his Dad had had! I'm such a dummy!

Actually having watched Captain America, seeing the map of antartica and the sketches of the cosmic cube in Stark the elder's journal when Tony flipped through it made me both pleased and sad.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @Desktop Hippie

Re: Selvig
    In Thor he mentions knowing a scientist who was working with Gamma radiation or Gamma rays or something, that was supposed to be Banner.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Based God you can ffuck my Black Widow

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    Tox wrote: »
    @Desktop Hippie

In Thor he mentions knowing a scientist who was working with Gamma radiation or Gamma rays or something, that was supposed to be Banner.
    He also mentions emailing another colleague, who was intended to be Hank Pym but they cut the take with the reference out of the film.

CYpGAPn.png
    I exaggerate, it was a fine trailer but it's irritating when they try to beat you into submission. THIS MOVIE IS SCARY. THIS MOVIE IS EPIC etc

Tox wrote: »
    @Desktop Hippie

I thought he also mentioned someone else in the post-credits scene, who people were guessing was meant to be Pym, back before Ant-Man stalled out

anjin who is the better superhero pooch or blade

7656367.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It would be great if Black Panther were to show up, though I'm not sure how great that name would do with the general public

could just call him t'challa

refer to him as THE Black Panther

7656367.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

it's a prequel to alien by ridley scott the fuck is wrong with you

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Iron Man and The Dark Knight are two very different films with different aims and approaches and it's kind of a faulty comparison

Iron Man is more "Weeeee! Fun!" while the Dark Knight is more "Holy shit, this is kinda intense."

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's just, it'd be nice to have a black dude on the big team, and black panther is a pretty rad character

would also like to see ms. marvel in avengers

and mockingbird in a SHIELD movie

This discussion has been closed.