As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    The most you'll have to spend on the products those instructions mention is probably ~$20.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Plus I would still go for those highlights/colour you said you liked, that will make you feel all glam again, and give the style a bit of definition.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Too scared of getting highlights while I'm still at home

• Options
    Oh. I didn't think of that :(

• Options
    But they can be subtle!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I bought shorts today, shorts! Shame I can't wear them here but I am excited to be buying shorts.

My legs glow like a beacon in the night with how pale they are.

I hear your pain. If my legs were any whiter, you'd see through them. On the plus side, you can look forward to the two days a year that it's shorts weather in England

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    I

dislike shorts.

• Options
    Tef wrote: »
    I bought shorts today, shorts! Shame I can't wear them here but I am excited to be buying shorts.

My legs glow like a beacon in the night with how pale they are.

I hear your pain. If my legs were any whiter, you'd see through them. On the plus side, you can look forward to the two days a year that it's shorts weather in England

True!

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i'm wearin shorts right now they are plaid

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I like shorts

• Options
    Oh hey don't get me wrong. I'm a big time shorts fan it's just everyone else is probably not a big Tef in shorts fan

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I

dislike shorts.

on you or on everyone?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Oh, just on me, sorry should've clarified that.

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    I am a big fan of short hair on girls

Also shorts

• Options
    Thats cause you ain't got my pasty legs, Gatsby.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I have a pair of denim shorts, they're probably at least eight years old.

I love them.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ugh @Antimatter sorry to hear about your dad being terrible, toots

there have been some good ideas in this thread, I do encourage you to give some of them a shot - some of them look a bit complex but there are easy/simple ones, too!

plus, short hair is totally in this season, what with all the bobs and pixie cuts; it may not be precisely what you're after but the awesome thing is that your face would totally suit short hair with just a little bit of help, such as a hairdryer + mists or sprays or even a smidge of mousse or wax!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Too scared of getting highlights while I'm still at home

Lowlights aren't as drastic. If anyone asks, well hey, slight shifts in hormone levels will do things to your hair, Your haircolor doesn't stay the same throughout life. My hair was darker for all of two months because who the fuck knows.

• Options

This is true, however I got a case of the chicken legs.

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    It's funny watching people wearing tight jeans in the summer and due to the humidity they are in pain from chafing.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    yeah my hair went from jet-black to light brown for a year or so during puberty and also because I was swimming competitively and our training pool was outdoors

puberty + chlorine + sunlight + chlorine-flushing shampoo = potential bleaching

Vivixenne on
  • Options

This is true, however I got a case of the chicken legs.

That sounds like a horrible disease!

• Options
    This happened to me as well Viv, when I used to swim. Got a few orange streaks in my hair.

Truly I became the big animes.

• Options
    This happened to me as well Viv, when I used to swim. Got a few orange streaks in my hair.

Truly I became the big animes.

Hahaha

My hair turns lighter in summer, not very exciting but I'll tell you all anyway.

• Options
    I tried lightening my hair last year with a special shampoo for a month

No dice

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Also anti, there are very few women who aren't highly emotional about changing the length of their hair, so don't sweat it. This summer can be the summer where you learned how to do all kinds of things with your hair. There is a bunch of stuff on YouTube and everyone here can recommend low cost products to play with while you are broke.

• Options

No dice

That don't matter.

Lighten it and then go, well I've been outside a lot thus past couple of weeks, that must have done it.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Rach, you also have like another year to go then you can move out if you wanted to, right?

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Too scared to move but too scared to stay

Im not strong enough to stay here to try to get an education with my parents help while also trying to transition

I just want to transition then go to school

Bluh

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Bits, I am late, but I am really sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

• Options
    Too scared to move but too scared to stay

Im not strong enough to stay here to try to get an education with my parents help while also trying to transition

I just want to transition then go to school

Bluh

I'm not going to pretend like I have the answer, but if the time comes for you to move on with your life and you are afraid for your personal safety because of your Dad? Well, there are ways and means of keeping him the fuck away from you.

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Yeah

Hoping it doesn't come to that but I just don't know what to do

Guh

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

No dice

They only work on blondes and redheads with compliant hair. Those shampoos wont work on brunettes. You can not lighten your hair without bleaching it, hence lowlights.

Here is your shopping list:

Round brush.
    'Quills' versus 'Bristles' and solid-core versus hollow aerated cores doesn't matter much until you start working with heat. A quilled round brush is more useful for simply brushing our your hair though.
    hairbrushes.jpg
    418h7heX1cL._AA300_.jpg
    Amazon lists that one at $5 but you can get them at dollar stores. I never noticed a difference between cheap and expensive quilled round brushes.

Bobby Pins
    Goody, Scunci, and Conair brand bobby pins are good. So long as you recognize the brand the pins and probably good. $3-$4.

Hairspray
    I dunno why the hell people rag on Aquanet. It is the cheapest hairspray you'll find and I used it to set bodypaint so it wouldn't rub off on everything I touched. Bitch worked. It is like, $2.
    300.JPG

Shine Serum
    Probably the most inconspicuous hair product you can use. I can't recommend any particular item but I will say: don't discount the less expensive brands. My nanna works at a cosmetics and personal-care lab, and the same machinery and vats of ingredients are used for both the high end and low-end products. Aside from the packaging, sometimes the only difference is the color and fragrance.

Styling product
    http://www.thehairstyler.com/features/articles/hair-care/hair-styling-products-tools-of-the-hair-trade
    I don't know what your hair is like but that link is a spot-on assessment of the different kinds of hair styling products

You frame conditions in terms of your dad a lot but you seem to be close with your mom, maybe you should try having a convo with her, she'll know better than we do about your situation.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Thanks

Honestly

I try seeking help from my mom but she doesn't usually bother

She's mostly concerned about how things affect her and doesn't like "standing between" me and dad

Gonna be saving these posts from you guys

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Anti that really sucks and I'm sorry your dad is awful. :(

But the other ladies here are right - there is lemonade to be made here. You still have a lot of length there, which is totally style-able. I don't want to sound insensitive, but I feel like a lot of trans girls think that long hair = girly. Which would be unfortunate for me since I cut all of mine off!

Being girly is more about styling than length. Just having long hair doesn't make you a girl, and it doesn't necessarily make you feel girly. But styling your hair in a feminine way? I dunno about everyone else but that makes me feel girly.

You can TOTALLY style that hair into a super cute bob. It just takes a little work, and yes, this thread can totally help. I think you can do it!

I'm sorry if that came out the wrong way, I don't want to offend. I just want you to see that this cut is not the end of the world. I wish I could be there to give you a hug.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I, by the way, cannot pull off a bob

I tried so many times

The wave, it ruins me

EDIT: damn mensch that post is helpful

Sheri on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I love the picture @Gatsby posted of Michelle Williams.

I think she looks lovely and her hair is beautiful.

• Options
    i had long wavy hair and i thought it was really cute and suited my face

and then my mom told me on the way to get the haircut that i looked like a recluse

• Options
    i had long wavy hair and i thought it was really cute and suited my face

and then my mom told me on the way to get the haircut that i looked like a recluse

Oof

I also thought the longer hair was cute on you

But I dunno, I think you can pull off short

Random question, are your ears pierced?

• Options
    no, they aren't.

This discussion has been closed.