As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's no job thread? Now there is!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Fyndir that is such a daft idea why would anyone think that.... D: oh god.
    Wiet wrote: »
    I think here the florists just get like, a sweater with the logo on it if they even have a company clothing item to begin with.

See that'd be fine, it my own fault for being so small I think.

Hm, maybe I will wear my apron OVER it. It just looks so dumb.

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Maybe the florabots are set to kill everything seen touching a flower without the appropriate company brand shirt. Her boss is doing her a favour!

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Cut the new uniform into an apron

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Cut the new uniform into an apron

You are a genius! Haha, that is a brilliant idea. :D

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    But Ed, then a customer might not realise that they work for the same shop if they saw them talking, and think that the worker is just gossiping with a friend, POSSIBLY ABOUT OTHER CUSTOMERS, and then not want to buy anything!!!

"Why is that member of the public behind the counter and working her hands to shreds on pointy flowers?!

Those aren't your flowers, random civilian! Come out from there!"

That'll do, Ed.

That'll do.

• Options
    But Ed, then a customer might not realise that they work for the same shop if they saw them talking, and think that the worker is just gossiping with a friend, POSSIBLY ABOUT OTHER CUSTOMERS, and then not want to buy anything!!!

"Why is that member of the public behind the counter and working her hands to shreds on pointy flowers?!

Hahaha, I missed this the first time!

I made some funeral flowers in the shape on an anchor on Monday, that was quite fun!

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I'm on the verge of picking all my shit up and moving back to Pennsylvania so I can quit my job. The drama is at a level that is seriously unbearable, there is so much ire for me there and I can't tolerate it anymore. I'm tired of being shit on all the time. Nobody likes me. I love the money but I don't know what else I'm going to do. People keep saying I can find something but I just don't know who would pay me what I want.

Who the heeeelllll is going to pay me 12 dollars in hour to do anything?

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    GOOD NEWS: I didn't have to go into work today and probably can't make it in tomorrow!

BAD NEWS: Because the car my sister was carpooling me to work with decided brakes were unnecessary. We slammed into the back of a Sierra on the way in today, and the front end and brakes are just done. We don't know the extent of the damage until this weekend when the shop has time to make a detailed examination, but there's a pretty good chance that it's a writeoff.

The distance to my job is bad enough when it comes to commuting with my car, but bussing is even worse in this city. It's ridiculously unreliable since they made massive cuts last year. If my car has given up on being roadworthy entirely, it's just another reason for me to find a new job...

PM me photos, the year make model and your home zip code (so I can find out the local labor rates) and I can write a rough estimate for you

Dude, that would be fantastic. I'll message you right away.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

Hahaha, I missed this the first time!

I made some funeral flowers in the shape on an anchor on Monday, that was quite fun!

R.I.P., Popeye, the Sailor Man.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    i always said that spinach would be the death of 'im

never did listen though

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    I first read that as Popeye, the Sailor Moon

...I've been on the Internet for too long

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

bYxIh.jpg

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I'm on the verge of picking all my shit up and moving back to Pennsylvania so I can quit my job. The drama is at a level that is seriously unbearable, there is so much ire for me there and I can't tolerate it anymore. I'm tired of being shit on all the time. Nobody likes me. I love the money but I don't know what else I'm going to do. People keep saying I can find something but I just don't know who would pay me what I want.

If you have a BA and a drivers license Hertz starts all Manager Trainees at 12 per hour with overtime (and yes you will be working overtime)

I can give you a recommendation if you have the two aforementioned necessities

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/bYxIh.jpg

My monitor is now covered in iced tea, thank you.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    IpseDixit wrote: »

If you have a BA and a drivers license Hertz starts all Manager Trainees at 12 per hour with overtime (and yes you will be working overtime)

I can give you a recommendation if you have the two aforementioned necessities

lol I have neither of those things

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I've decided I'm gonna pack it all in and be a jackaroo up north for the rest of my days

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Sara, Lady SH works as a receptionist in a tax office and is making $11.50/hr plus overtime and doesn't have a degree or anything. Could see if there's anything like that around you.

• Options
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Sara, Lady SH works as a receptionist in a tax office and is making $11.50/hr plus overtime and doesn't have a degree or anything. Could see if there's anything like that around you.

I'm hoping so. :( I know I'd be good at that kind of thing, I just hate looking online for jobs. It feels like 90% of them are scams.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »

I'm hoping so. :( I know I'd be good at that kind of thing, I just hate looking online for jobs. It feels like 90% of them are scams.

Light the @JoeUser signal.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Neville

What's more important?

Getting a super cool job at a computer super company?

Or getting to make me cheesecake in person?

You think long and hard on that, little mister.

I uh... I don't think either job/location provides that opportunity?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Question (possibly for @JoeUser but for others too): The offer I want they already negotiated and offered more.
    But their relocation isn't what I want. If company #2 offers more, is it kosher to see if company #1 will do any more? Mostly because I'm not sure I can afford to eat the remaining relocation costs.
    Or is one Ask-For-More all I should do?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Guys, guys, I love my new desk. I can see the set of the Hobbit and right now I am watching a navy frigate sailing into the harbour. This will wear off eventually, but right now I'm still finding it novel and entertaining.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Don't take pictures of your picturesque view and share them or anything

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I should bring my camera in or something.

• Options
    neville wrote: »
    Question (possibly for @JoeUser but for others too): The offer I want they already negotiated and offered more.
    But their relocation isn't what I want. If company #2 offers more, is it kosher to see if company #1 will do any more? Mostly because I'm not sure I can afford to eat the remaining relocation costs.

Getting upset, but if the company won't offer more, I might turn down the offers and wait a month or two (can't be that obvious with burning my vacation) before trying again. :S

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    I finally found something bothersome about my new loccation. What genius decided it would be a good idea to put the hand towels 7 meters away from the sinks in the bathroom?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Yeah, lay your cards on the table. Say what you need for relocation.

Saying that, if you do this you also need to be happy with walking away from the offer if they say no.

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Fishman wrote: »
    I finally found something bothersome about my new loccation. What genius decided it would be a good idea to put the hand towels 7 meters away from the sinks in the bathroom?

Oh shit. Fucking dealbreaker. I'd quit now.

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    @Vermiculture showed me his monkey.

See:
    f0opl1.jpg

I was hot and sweaty by the end of my visit to his workplace.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Question, I've just applied for several casual retail positions and I'm wondering what's the etiquette if, say for example, one calls back but I'm holding out for one of the other jobs?

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

Yeah, lay your cards on the table. Say what you need for relocation.

Saying that, if you do this you also need to be happy with walking away from the offer if they say no.

@Blake T Yeah I did, and company #1 offered me half that in relo. I'm hoping company #2 offers me something good, so I can tell company #1 to match or come up a lot.
    And if not, I still have a job, I can always try again somewhere else later.

It's good to know my value and I don't want to regret taking a job somewhere less than I should be paid (again).
    That being said, company #1 is really interesting so I do hope it works out.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If/when you do go back, show them am itemized budget.

They may be seeing it as you wanting the equivalent of a signing bonus. Whereas if you show them a cost breakdown they may stop seeing it like that and be more willing to move.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    relos are a lot less common now than they were even a few years ago.

I know a lot of folks that have had to pay their own way, and even my company stopped including them last year.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ugh sometime in the next 18 hours i'll find out if i'm fired

this sucks

i just want to know so i can stop worrying

who wants a personal assistant?

i'll suck yo dick

Buttlord on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Work kicked my ass this weekend. What a drag.

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »

this sucks

i'll suck yo dick

Yo

can you file/look good in a little black cocktail dress?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »

this sucks

i'll suck yo dick

Yo

can you file/look good in a little black cocktail dress?

yes and if i shave my legs/tuck my junk yes

• Options
    No need to tuck that junk baby

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    alright let me shave at least

buy me a 12-pack of disposable razors, i'll dolphin-shave and we'll do this thing

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I feel kinda guilty about applying for jobs, being offered two interviews, and turning them down. They really weren't jobs I wanted, and also I don't want a job for another 5 weeks and they both wanted an immediate start, but I still really feel like I'm being ungrateful or something.

Never mind, I've got the cash to survive until October without a job so I'm just going to see these last few weeks out before I start worrying about interviews.

This discussion has been closed.