As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    What's a star wars game without a constant fear of conversion to the dark side?

One where Fear does not lead to Anger.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Thralls, millers, conversions?

By the exact definition of Thralls and Millers, no.

Conversions are extremely limited.

That is an... interesting response.

Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

Says the man who voted for me.

vertroue for voting for Murderbot in Phallakinetic.

Says the man who ran a phalla with limited conversions.

Says the man who ran a phalla with limited conversions.

Are you thinking of Akimbo? I spelled out exactly how my conversions worked in the game start.

Although I was thinking more of the comment on Thralls.

Says the man who voted for me.

vertroue for voting for Murderbot in Phallakinetic.

I'm not angry. Really. And my vote has slightly more depth than you might imagine, but even still, all else equal I'd like to vote for someone that can convince the village to do stupid things if he so desired.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Current Spreadsheet (up to post 256)

Assume nothing, expect anything. We can't be hasty with things at the outset, lest we put ourselves in an insurmountable deficit at the start.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    MrBlarney, can you make that using Google Office since my phone doesn't have an excel program.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Blarney sheets are in Excel, sorry that's the way the game goes!

OrokosPA.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Then I'm useless this game...

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Ahava is not playing and therefore I cannot grudge her for not trusting the confirmed network head in the Edinburgh phalla.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Clearly MrBlarney has gone EvilBlarney again!

Then I'm useless this game...

:rotate:

Obi, it says Day 0 and there is no mention of a vote in the narration or role-PM-update post. No vote today?

OrokosPA.png
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Hmm...hmm....

I don't think I have any grudges. This disappoints me.

Thought for the day: The path of the Sith can be considered the easy path. One who is strong in the Force looks not for a quick solution.

edited May 2012
    Infidel wrote: »
    Obi, it says Day 0 and there is no mention of a vote in the narration or role-PM-update post. No vote today?

hrm, I guess this will be my newness showing.

I thought it was Day 0 until everyone voted, actions were submitted, etc and the day ends. Then I would put up a Day 1 narration based on what you guys did on Day 1 and we would move on to Day 2?

Is that not how this works? D:

Everyone is most definitely supposed to vote today. I am sorry if I was not clear on that. Changing the Day 0 narration now.

ObiFett on
    ObiFett wrote: »

hrm, I guess this will be my newness showing.

I thought it was Day 0 until everyone voted, actions were submitted, etc and the day ends. Then I would put up a Day 1 narration based on what you guys did on Day 1 and we would move on to Day 2?

Is that not how this works? D:

Everyone is most definitely supposed to vote today. I am sorry if I was not clear on that. Changing the Day 0 narration now.

The numbering (Day 0 or Day 1, first results are Day 1 or Day 2) is up to the host, but there are some factors that confuse the issue. Mainly that if there is a no-vote day, it is almost always called Day 0. And so it is recommended that Day 1 be the "first full game day" and you only have a Day 0 if there is a setup turn.

Examples of Day 0s: making choices given in your role PM, creating characters, choosing starting locations, playing the subgame a turn, etc. before starting the vote/kills on Day 1.

So Day 0 + planet control and no mention of vote, yeahhhhhh. :)

OrokosPA.png
    You have the player list and galactic status in the narrations, which is good for looking back, but could you put the latest in the OP as well? Thanks.

OrokosPA.png
    Thanks Infidel. Any help on stuff like that is really appreciated. I updated the thread to indicate day 1 and put the call to vote in the day 0 narration.

You have the player list and galactic status in the narrations, which is good for looking back, but could you put the latest in the OP as well? Thanks.

Will do!

• l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Star Wars Phalla 1 is the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more can you fuck up a Star Wars phalla? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of an Applebee's, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars phallas is that they will be around forever. They can never be undone. If you're under the age of like 20 and you say your least favorite phalla was Phalla of Loxley because it was the most boringest one, then I suggest you hide these posts right now, before I carefully explain how much of a fucking goose you are.

So where do I possibly begin? Nothing in Phallance makes any sense at all. It comes off like a phalla written by an eight-year-old. It's like ObiFett wrote it in one draft, like wrapped it up and decided to go with it without anyone saying that it made no sense or was a stupid incoherent mess. I guess who's going to question ObiFett or tell him what to do? He controls every aspect of the game. I also think people just assumed that a Star Wars phalla would be an instant hit, I mean how do you screw it up? IT'S LIKE A HOT DOG, YOU BOIL THE WATER, YOU PUT IN THE

Day One: The Grudges

Dafuq did i just read

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Shalmelo

Pure grudge reasons from Phallakinetic.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Baidol because I can't kill you in PHAL/LA.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    What time will the first day's voting end? Will it be in a few hours, or a day+a few hours?

Nirya wrote: »
    Baidolbecause I can't kill you in PHAL/LA.

Static is an atrociously weak macro.

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Baidol cause you're being kind of a jerk in PHA/LLA!

I am just pleased that Blarney starts on the council. Seems very appropriate.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Hey, Farangu, were you aware that you can't vote for me?

Just try, you can't.

It doesn't happen.

It can't happen.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Baidol cause you're being kind of a jerk in PHA/LLA!

!I have the high ground

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    FFFFFF!

Im going to keep forgetting who is what.

Jdarksun needs to die before he can doom me again.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Day one is a strange time for a phalla. Everyone is pretending to be friendly, making jokes about how things are going to go, and discussing how to hook up. But it is a sham. The worst part about Star Wars phalla is the players. This should be obvious but I guess I gotta explain it to help in understanding this turd. You see, the most important part about a phalla is players that people can get behind, who they like and want to help. Typically this character is called a "vil-ah-gee spoke-spear-son". When you're in a weird phalla with like mafia and conversions and weirdos, the players really need someone who's like a normal player that they can trust. Now this of course doesn't apply to every game but it works best in the traditional, HP, faction, and Blarnfidel genres.

I picked a few examples to illustrate this point. Deathmatch Organizer Corrupt Cop Undead Vigilante Confused Ugly Vampire Well Spoken Thug Murderbot and Kevin Bacon. In addition to being a bit of a schlub usually the villah..villahgee spokespearson is someone who's unprepared for the role, in a bad place in the game, or someone who just doesn't have things go perfectly for them. Eventually they'll be confronted with some kind of information or exposed deceit that they gotta deal with. If we're village, we hope they succeed. The drama in the phalla is the result of us rooting for them against all opposition. Eventually our villah...villahmrmurr...will find themselves in the lowest point, when it seems the mafia will win. But eventually they'll pull through and conquer whatever players oppose them. It's satisfying when our hero gets ahead from starting as a normal player. They make like a change. This is called an arc. Often too, they'll get stever777 in the end as icing on the cake.

Now I gotta explain that I don't think all phallas should be the same or conform to the same patterns, but it works well. So unless you're Infidel MrBlarney EdcrabFarangu Munkus BeaveLangly Rend MrTLiciousSpoit or lonelyahava you really shouldn't stray too far from this kind of formula, especially if you're making a phalla aimed at all players that has a cartoon rabbit in it that steps in the poopy.

let's go to my creepy basement the anonymous

liEt3nH.png
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I am but a lowly Padawan, you have nothing to fear from me.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    O-o

Day one is a strange time for a phalla. Everyone is pretending to be friendly, making jokes about how things are going to go, and discussing how to hook up. But it is a sham. The worst part about Star Wars phalla is the players. This should be obvious but I guess I gotta explain it to help in understanding this turd. You see, the most important part about a phalla is players that people can get behind, who they like and want to help. Typically this character is called a "vil-ah-gee spoke-spear-son". When you're in a weird phalla with like mafia and conversions and weirdos, the players really need someone who's like a normal player that they can trust. Now this of course doesn't apply to every game but it works best in the traditional, HP, faction, and Blarnfidel genres.

I picked a few examples to illustrate this point. Deathmatch Organizer Corrupt Cop Undead Vigilante Confused Ugly Vampire Well Spoken Thug Murderbot and Kevin Bacon. In addition to being a bit of a schlub usually the villah..villahgee spokespearson is someone who's unprepared for the role, in a bad place in the game, or someone who just doesn't have things go perfectly for them. Eventually they'll be confronted with some kind of information or exposed deceit that they gotta deal with. If we're village, we hope they succeed. The drama in the phalla is the result of us rooting for them against all opposition. Eventually our villah...villahmrmurr...will find themselves in the lowest point, when it seems the mafia will win. But eventually they'll pull through and conquer whatever players oppose them. It's satisfying when our hero gets ahead from starting as a normal player. They make like a change. This is called an arc. Often too, they'll get stever777 in the end as icing on the cake.

Now I gotta explain that I don't think all phallas should be the same or conform to the same patterns, but it works well. So unless you're Infidel MrBlarney EdcrabFarangu Munkus BeaveLangly Rend MrTLiciousSpoit or lonelyahava you really shouldn't stray too far from this kind of formula, especially if you're making a phalla aimed at all players that has a cartoon rabbit in it that steps in the poopy.

let's go to my creepy basement the anonymous

Have my phallababbies.

OrokosPA.png
    jdarksun wrote: »
    What time will the first day's voting end? Will it be in a few hours, or a day+a few hours?
    Monday, 10pm mountain

Its important to note that its 10pm MST (Arizona)/PDT(California). So 11pm Mountain Daylight Time.

I live in Arizona where they don't do daylight savings. :/

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Just to be clear, it's a little after 7pm MST/PDT right now, correct?

Just to be clear, it's a little after 7pm MST/PDT right now, correct?

Yeah, its 7:21pm MST/PDT

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    there's no one here worth grudging, so lets throw this on !kime because why not

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    bedlam for being an unruly Padawan and sabotaging my R2 unit.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I am sorry Retaba but your sig creeps me right the fuck out.