As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza 4] SBC 2012 Season 2: "It's Good Enough"

• JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Is there a generic car thread somewhere on the forum? I know there used to be one, but I can't seem to find one that is still active.

Car Thread

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Yeah, just found it, thanks.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I'll probably be on shortly hosting a public lobby, you guys should come race some Transits with me which is now my favorite B-Class vehicle.

• BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    Goddamn you're antagonistic.

Fine, whatever. I don't give a shit.

just busting your balls bro

steam_sig.png
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda torn. I'd love to drive the California, but I don't have 3M to spend on it. Realistically it's a choice between either the Maserati or the Thunderbird, but 1.5M seems like a lot to spend on a car that I don't really feel the looks of and the T-bird is more boat than I want to wrestle. DECISIONS.

edited May 2012
    I'm kinda torn. I'd love to drive the California, but I don't have 3M to spend on it. Realistically it's a choice between either the Maserati or the Thunderbird, but 1.5M seems like a lot to spend on a car that I don't really feel the looks of and the T-bird is more boat than I want to wrestle. DECISIONS.

You can have my california, if you want it

Edit: So I was trying to decide how to paint the Transit, then I figured it out. It's an oldie, but still a goodie.

The original
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPz7_GKngik

The remake
    OldiebutGoodie.jpg

Veevee on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Veevee wrote: »
    You can have my california, if you want it

Seriously? That'd be awesome and incredibly generous of you!

The Deliverator on
  • MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    should have changed the name to Veevee Van Vore

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
    yeah, my friends list is full though so I can't just friend you and gift it. Anyone want to act as an intermediary?

should have changed the name to Veevee Van Vore

...better?
    OldiebutGoodie2.jpg

Yes, that's what I was talking about.

• Fender_BenderFender_Bender MichiganRegistered User regular
    That van makes my eyes hurt

XBL: OLDFenderBender Steam: [OLD]FenderBender
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Fractal Van gives zero fucks about your retina.

u4OkoEI.png
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    That's intense, Veevee. I approve.

edited May 2012
    If everyone is gine with it, i'm going to call for a test race this is coming Thursday, for the mini SBC part 2. We can discuss tracks and dates then.

EDIT: Thinking Mugello, in the spirit of the recent F1 tests.

oldmanken on
    edited May 2012
    Only if we can have a B-class transit race on the ring, too

Veevee on
    Veevee wrote: »
    Only we can have a B-class transit race on the ring, too

That reminds me, what if we have an SUV/Truck class in the next SBC? B Class SUVs would be sort of fun to run in a series.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Someday my dream will come true.

A dream of an SBC with supercars. >.>

• groovegroove Enforcer SeattleRegistered User regular
    This morning, it looks like Turn 10 is doing stuff on twitter that includes a slow tease on the Porsche Pack. I don't know if it's news, but they've given a release date: May 22nd.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    so those old cars are mini-sbc 2? which starts thursday? If so, I'll take the fairlane.

I'm so sad I missed like 95% of mini-sbc 1 and my cheese wedge.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I dunno. I really just can't get excited about Porsches. I've never been super into them.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I dunno. I really just can't get excited about Porsches. I've never been super into them.

Agree. I'll probably end up buying it because cars shiny, but meh. Pick up a 911 GT3 RS and that'll be it most likely.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Unless there is secretly a track included in the DLC, I won't be buying it

edited May 2012
    Knight_ wrote: »

Agree. I'll probably end up buying it because cars shiny, but meh. Pick up a 911 GT3 RS and that'll be it most likely.

Did they/are they going to have a 917 of any variety in the pack? Instant purchase if they do.

The 917 gets me rock hard.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    so those old cars are mini-sbc 2? which starts thursday? If so, I'll take the fairlane.

We'll be doing some testing on Thursday... unless people want Mugello to be the first race? Maybe do Silverstone and some American track as the other two races?

oldmanken wrote: »

We'll be doing some testing on Thursday... unless people want Mugello to be the first race? Maybe do Silverstone and some American track as the other two races?

I'd prefer not to have this week be the first week because my sister is graduating from college and I'm gonna be all sorts of not here.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Yeah, lets have tomorrow and Thursday be practice races just to try out some tunes against each other.

Besides, I've been taking a break and need a couple days racing with you jerkfaces to get back into it.

I do like me some Mugello, though. Probably my favorite track.

u4OkoEI.png
    Also, the Boss 429 Rivals event on Laguna Seca is really fun.

And so is stomping all the PA guys's times on it due to my knack for big floaty muscle cars 8-)

u4OkoEI.png
    2011 Porsche #54 Black Swan Racing 911 GT3 Cup (997/2)

9T2IZ.jpg

steam_sig.png
    1995 911 GT2
    5E1qa.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Them some fancy Beetles...

Okay the GT2 is pretty slick.

I give it about fourteen seconds before infinity RAUH-Welt liveries pop up.

u4OkoEI.png
    that car was in Forza 3 (and 2 I think) so its nothing new though :(

steam_sig.png
  • Fender_BenderFender_Bender MichiganRegistered User regular
    Also, the Boss 429 Rivals event on Laguna Seca is really fun.

And so is stomping all the PA guys's times on it due to my knack for big floaty muscle cars 8-)

Sounds like I need to give that rivals challenge my all then... :winky:

XBL: OLDFenderBender Steam: [OLD]FenderBender
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular

front and rear bumper upgrades should simply puff out those fenders by about 2 feet either direction.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN

front and rear bumper upgrades should simply puff out those fenders by about 2 feet either direction.

Extra insurance for when the rear engine becomes a pendulum that slams you into the wall at 180 mph :p

aeNqQM9.jpg
    You might end up in that wall, but you'll be the first one there...

edited May 2012
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'm just gonna download the free car from the Porsche pack and wait for it to go on sale. I really only need one 911, especially since I've already tuned out a RUF.

Also, I was playing through event list stuff last night, and found I really like the SEAT Ibiza and the Citroen DS3.

I apparently just have a thing for underpowered Euroboxes...

LTM on
    I'll be buying and tuning most if not all the Porsches when this comes out...