As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] SchlitzKrieg Curated Seattle Beer Tour - Got Photos?

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @AltDelete @TheMisanthrope: Done, and done.

@Saldek - is that your cat cradling a bottle of Kraken Rum?!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Yes, yes it is. That picture was fantastic. She's easily got the snuggliest cat ever (even if he can be kind of a brat).

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Fierabend at 422 Yale Ave N is a good German beer garden (also serving German food, which I've heard is good). Not a brewery, but a decent number of taps, focusing on German imports. It's a bit out of the way from everything for PAX attendees, but if you're local, it's a good thing to note to get away from the IPAs.

Good call. Also added Prost! on Greenwood.

• Options
    There's usually some sort of after-PAX impromptu concert (Frontalot tends to show up at these) on Monday night, would ending at wherever that is be a solid idea?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    There's usually some sort of after-PAX impromptu concert (Frontalot tends to show up at these) on Monday night, would ending at wherever that is be a solid idea?

It's a total and complete possibility.

The only problem is that if Front's there, my BFF can't come, as she'd jump on him. And that would just be awkward for everyone.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    ArcticLizardArcticLizard Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sounds Great, sign me up for "Monday 9/3 (Labor Day)"!

• Options
    Awright! One more vote for Monday!

• Options
    nowaymartinnowaymartin 3rd Dan Lima, PerúRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'd love to join this tour, but my plane arrives Tuesday @4pm and I leave SEA monday @ 6am T_T

nowaymartin on
    ichi-go ichi-e
  • Options
    TheMisanthropeTheMisanthrope That's Mr. Misanthrope to you Registered User regular
    I'd love to join this tour, but my plane arrives Tuesday @4pm and I leave SEA monday @ 6am T_T

You could jump on the Wednesday bandwagon.

PAX Prime 2012: [X] Pass Purchased [X] Extra Charge Battery Packs for Phone, etc
  • Options
    You could jump on the Wednesday bandwagon.

Yup...anyway, i'll totally be part of the MMT.

ichi-go ichi-e
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Hmm....gonna have to put some thought into this. Might be down. If nothing else I'd love to swing by Der Blokken and Silver City to lift a couple with you classy folks.

• Options

Change your flight to leave on Tuesday!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Change your flight to leave on Tuesday!

I'd love to, but I can't. Have to go back to work on Tuesday. But hey, we have every single night since Wednesday to enjoy ourselves in those well known breweries (of course, if we're not at places doing awesome stuff)

ichi-go ichi-e
  • Options
    See, that's why there's a map, and walking tours.

• Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl Yes, that is my cat :D He's a sailor too. Which reminds me, I need to go buy more rum when I get home.....

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    Serenity wrote: »
    ...have people sign up for each individual event and people can come and go throughout the day as they please. Could be an idea for this event as well?
    mcdermott wrote: »
    If nothing else I'd love to swing by Der Blokken and Silver City to lift a couple with you classy folks.

Once the schedule is firmed up, all of the stops and times will be posted in the OP so anyone who wants to join us knows where we are.

There will have to be some logistical rules for walk ons - like some locations might need an exact count of folks who are coming ahead of time in order to accomodate us. And if the bus is completely full, we wouldn't have room for additional folks.

It's nothing that can't be figured out, but just keep that on your radar if you intend on joining up partway through the tour, and check the OP regularly for updated info.

• Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I'd be interested in a Labor Day thing. Being local I'm not taking any extra days off around PAX so it's the only other day I've got.

• Options
    @courtneyj - Added!

• Options
    vespachica wrote: »
    Yeah, that's ridiculous.

That said, I only drink RedHook now if there are no decent alternatives. I still remember when Anheuser-Busch bought them. Sad day. Yeah, I'm THAT Seattleite. :D

I remember when Red Hook ESB was actually called Ballard Bitter.

6849311754_0213b11535_z.jpg

That guy there? That's Sven.

• Options
    miklepandamiklepanda Registered User regular
    Is the plan for it to end early so that people can get to awesome parties later?

• Options
    Well, the plan is flexible. The original intent was to do 12 breweries in 12 hours, which means it would wind up around 9:00 PM. But if everyone would rather wrap up earlier and do less stops, we'd wrap it earlier.

With the current 12-stop schedule, we would hit the Fremont neighborhood around 6:30 PM. It's about 10 minutes by cab from downtown so if people wanted to grab a bus or cab back downtown and skip the last portion of the beer tour, that might also be an option.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay, so hopefully some non-tour or beer loving locals will read this thread (@BigRed, @heleor and @moe_fwacky, I'm looking at you guys). Check out the map! I'm looking for additional comments to help flesh out the descriptions for the map markers. If you have comments about any of the locations listed, please send them along. Thanks!

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    Man, the Silver City brewery cranks out some delicious, delicious brews, but they are way out of the way compared to the in-seattle breweries. Don't get me wrong, I think it is worth going to, but it is going to add some serious time to the trip.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Man, the Silver City brewery cranks out some delicious, delicious brews, but they are way out of the way compared to the in-seattle breweries. Don't get me wrong, I think it is worth going to, but it is going to add some serious time to the trip.

The plan is to hit 4 breweries in Georgetown, then 4 in Kitsap, then 4 in Ballard. It's not just about beer: it's also about touring more of the area than just the city.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options

The plan is to hit 4 breweries in Georgetown, then 4 in Kitsap, then 4 in Ballard. It's not just about beer: it's also about touring more of the area than just the city.

While very very drunk.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    A friend and I are interested in this, however we're not entirely sure we'd want to stay for the whole time - can we leave and/or join at any point? Also we'd be able to do it on Monday the 3rd.

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Aylaviere wrote: »
    A friend and I are interested in this, however we're not entirely sure we'd want to stay for the whole time - can we leave and/or join at any point? Also we'd be able to do it on Monday the 3rd.

Read through the thread :)

Actually, this question has come up enough that the OP has been edited.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Aylaviere wrote: »

Sorry, just kind of skimmed through but didn't see it in the original post. Thanks for updating though! We probably won't go.

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    @tsrblke

While you're out here from St Louis, there are a lot of great west coast beers to try. An organized list of WA (and OR, and CA) winners from the recent Beer World Championship can be found on this reddit thread. I have to say, as good as some of the beers are out here (and they are good), I miss some St Louis brews - Schlafly punches with the best of them. I hope they start distributing further west, because their Coffee Stout and ESB are totally unmatched out here.

SquirrelOnFire on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We'll be hitting up the Silver City Brewery and the Fremont Brewery from that list. Most of the others are either too far away, or too big. The tour is focusing heavily on newer nanobrews that aren't big enough to compete yet. However, Sound Brewery in Poulsbo is tiny, tiny growing fast, evidently! It's thrilling to see they got an award!

Did you know that Poulsbo has four working nanobreweries? It's only got a population of 9,000!

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    @tsrblke

While you're out here from St Louis, there are a lot of great west coast beers to try. An organized list of WA (and OR, and CA) winners from the recent Beer World Championship can be found on this reddit thread. I have to say, as good as some of the beers are out here (and they are good), I miss some St Louis brews - Schlafly punches with the best of them. I hope they start distributing further west, because their Coffee Stout and ESB are totally unmatched out here.

@Squirrelonfire,

It's only gotten crazier we now have microdistillaries (at least one).
    In any case, perhaps for those of us that can't make it to this we should arrange some sort of "local beer trade" (believe it or not, I've successfully packed beer in my luggage on a plane. Bubblewrap is a must.)

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    My work schedule/PTO still isn't set in stone, so I don't know if I'll be leaving Seattle Monday or Tuesday. But I'll be all over this if I can.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Microdistillaries, nanobreweries, are we getting beer or glasses full of carbon nanotubes?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    My work schedule/PTO still isn't set in stone, so I don't know if I'll be leaving Seattle Monday or Tuesday. But I'll be all over this if I can.

Tuesday.... You're leaving Tuuuueeessssssdddayyyyyy.....

• Options
    Microdistillaries, nanobreweries, are we getting beer or glasses full of carbon nanotubes?

Yes.

• Options
    TheMisanthropeTheMisanthrope That's Mr. Misanthrope to you Registered User regular

Yeast-based nanobots.

Are you my mummy?

PAX Prime 2012: [X] Pass Purchased [X] Extra Charge Battery Packs for Phone, etc
  • Options
    OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    I would be interested in Tuesday or Monday. Wendsday would be out for me due to pax dev. I would love to be a part of this

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Yes.
    Challenge accepted.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Optimusbry wrote: »
    I would be interested in Tuesday or Monday. Wendsday would be out for me due to pax dev. I would love to be a part of this

Updated OP, thanks!

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Six Arms at 300 East Pike Street is also a McMenamins.

Yeah they have a really cool giant head statue looking thing in the back as well!

Keep in mind the MMT usually runs both Wed and Thurs... sooo you'd still be conflicting but it could be an either or thing. Sorry that was probably a little biased but I REALLY want to go on this thing. Just can't do the Tuesday before or the Monday after... :-(

qxd8or7ouox3.png
This discussion has been closed.