As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Day one is a strange time for a phalla. Everyone is pretending to be friendly, making jokes about how things are going to go, and discussing how to hook up. But it is a sham. The worst part about Star Wars phalla is the players. This should be obvious but I guess I gotta explain it to help in understanding this turd. You see, the most important part about a phalla is players that people can get behind, who they like and want to help. Typically this character is called a "vil-ah-gee spoke-spear-son". When you're in a weird phalla with like mafia and conversions and weirdos, the players really need someone who's like a normal player that they can trust. Now this of course doesn't apply to every game but it works best in the traditional, HP, faction, and Blarnfidel genres.

I picked a few examples to illustrate this point. Deathmatch Organizer Corrupt Cop Undead Vigilante Confused Ugly Vampire Well Spoken Thug Murderbot and Kevin Bacon. In addition to being a bit of a schlub usually the villah..villahgee spokespearson is someone who's unprepared for the role, in a bad place in the game, or someone who just doesn't have things go perfectly for them. Eventually they'll be confronted with some kind of information or exposed deceit that they gotta deal with. If we're village, we hope they succeed. The drama in the phalla is the result of us rooting for them against all opposition. Eventually our villah...villahmrmurr...will find themselves in the lowest point, when it seems the mafia will win. But eventually they'll pull through and conquer whatever players oppose them. It's satisfying when our hero gets ahead from starting as a normal player. They make like a change. This is called an arc. Often too, they'll get stever777 in the end as icing on the cake.

Now I gotta explain that I don't think all phallas should be the same or conform to the same patterns, but it works well. So unless you're Infidel MrBlarney EdcrabFarangu Munkus BeaveLangly Rend MrTLiciousSpoit or lonelyahava you really shouldn't stray too far from this kind of formula, especially if you're making a phalla aimed at all players that has a cartoon rabbit in it that steps in the poopy.

let's go to my creepy basement the anonymous

Have my phallababbies.

How is babby fromed?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    there's no one here worth grudging, so lets throw this on !kime because why not

Because you fear me

This game looks interesting so far. From my evil, Sith-y perspective.

Also, I will be not-too-active Day One. Deal with it :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    You know I might as well grudge vote retaba for the horrid crime of playing well in planescape.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Retaba escaped justice once, but not again!

• Options
    What, what did she do this time?

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    See the end of Phallakinetic for my shame.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Pfthaha I watched that but she was the last mafia? Both of you and cythrual were villagers voted out Ringo?

I've gotta respect that. (But still votin'~)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Please try to keep th galaxy destroying to a minimum so I can have maximum drinking time at the bars on Coruscant.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Reserve please!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Why you wanna drink on Coruscant? Real beings drink on Nar Shaddaa.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Pfthaha I watched that but she was the last mafia? Both of you and cythrual were villagers voted out Ringo?

I've gotta respect that. (But still votin'~)

It was an amazing end.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Does a Knight lose any powers if there Padawan is voted out?

I'm er.. asking for a friend :P

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Darth kime is playing!?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Does a Knight lose any powers if there Padawan is voted out?

I'm er.. asking for a friend :P

CD

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    I really don't have a grudge vote this game but.....Because I love him so much TheRoadVirus!!!!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    vertroue wrote: »
    I really don't have a grudge vote this game but.....Because I love him so much TheRoadVirus!!!!

YOU DONT KILL THE THINGS YOU LOVE. YOU SET THEM FREE AND SEE IF THEY COME BACK

• Options
    edited May 2012
    As a Padawan I can tell you that I (and I'm guessing all) Padawans have the power to support our knight in their endeavors such that we increase their effect in taking control of a territory by one. It also informs you of the results of their "meditations" if they're not on a mission (taking a planet). Whatever that means.

Finally, a vague warning that your support can be put to nefarious use if your master is sith. Got a clarification denied on how exactly a sith knight can turn your support to evil intent; I'm guessing that they can use your +1 to taking a planet towards sith control instead of jedi. Not sure about the meditation result as presumably they could just tell you...perhaps this is a method of keeping them honest, or maybe you get a false result from the host?

I also have another thing that needs to be charged up before using, a power that only works on other jedi knights and padawans. Once again the council escape unhindered :T

My take on it is that you can either help them take territory, or if you don't trust them/think you can do better with your charged up power you work on your own.

Feel like the thread needs to learn this as the mafia almost certainly have at least one mafia padawan who has posted on their boards

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    The council is aware of the Jedi and Padawan powers as well.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    [Anakin]What's the Council ever done for us?[/Anakin]

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Must be pretty awesome being on the council. :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Grudge votes for old and new games? Acceptable

(P.S. I am a dude :P)

• Options
    Well, that makes this hate boner slightly more awkward.

• Options
    Must be pretty awesome being on the council. :rotate:

Fear not, Infidel, all you need to do is wait for someone on the Council to die and we all move up in rank.

• Options
    On Mass Effect, I let the council die.
    tumblr_l7ktpkVKwV1qcsadk.jpg

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »
    [Anakin]What's the Council ever done for us?[/Anakin]

Cayrus

Reason?

History

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Infidel says as his mind churns with murderous intent. Oh he will have his place, one day very soon

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Grudging for Phallakinetic sounds fine to me, but I don't think Retaba was the last mafia.

Could have sworn the last mafia looked a lot more like Ketbra.

• Options
    The council has free coffee?

I want in.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

I want in.

By any means necessary, right?
    :winky:

• Options

I want in.

By any means necessary, right?
    :winky:

By any means necessary.

I like the dark roast.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    And every Thursday we get donuts, what's it to you?

The fact of it is while there is the Council, it's not perfect and it's not going to win the game for the village by far. We need Jedi to contact us so we can coordinate how we acquire planets and sift through meditation info

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Uhm, my Master may have just implied he wanted to kill the entire Jedi Council. What should I do?

• Options
    Tell an adult.

• Options
    Cast him out of the Order Cayrus, it's the only way to be sure.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Infidel just to be safe.

• Options
    What Matev says is very true. The Sith corruption may very well have reached the Jedi Council. We must look deeply into The Force at everyone. Find those you can trust, find Council Members you can trust. Together we can destroy the Sith forever!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    And every Thursday we get donuts, what's it to you?

The fact of it is while there is the Council, it's not perfect and it's not going to win the game for the village by far. We need Jedi to contact us so we can coordinate how we acquire planets and sift through meditation info

Are you asking for every player in the game to send you a PM to tell you "hey," or, alternatively, tell you the powers you already know...?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Trust me. You don't want to be on the council. It's going to be the Jedi Knights who win this for us.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    On Mass Effect, I let the council die.
    tumblr_l7ktpkVKwV1qcsadk.jpg
    Apathy is death, TheRoadVirus!