As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Fooms and I just played a 0-0 turnover bonanza. It was full of bells and sweltering heat. A rotter got his ankle smashed, which should keep him on the LOS forever. Or until he dies.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Just a final reminder, I will be back Sunday to bloodbowl

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Tiger Burning, I sent a Steam friend request to facilitate scheduling our matchup, in which the Division 1 title is on the line. If you win or tie, you're the champ, if I win, I'm the champ. Should be fun!

As for Stunty, I couldn't find The Inspector on Steam under any of the names I found listed in the thread, and I know you said your time was limited, so let me know what works the best for you and I'll see what I can do to fit your schedule.

steam_sig.png
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The pre-match banter:
    Veevee: Send the challenge. And I just got some incredibly good news, so there is nothing Nuffle can do to bring me down
    Veevee: in other words, enjoy your win
    Gnizmo: nuffle will crap down your throat for such arrogance
    Veevee: Bring it Nuffle, I'm pissing your cherios here Nuffle.
    Gnizmo: I recommend forfeiting early so you have some players for next match

Apparently Nuffle likes piss with his cheerios since I went on to win 3-0, one dead 0SPP Berserker and a MNG Linemen later.

Veevee on
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    This was pretty awful all and all. The final score does not reflect the first half as is common with my games lately. First half was 0-0 with a few KOs and an injury a piece for both teams. 2 ejections from the Gnizmaniacs for fouling were held off by one kill which gave me a nice zombie to work with to help offset the ejections. After a lot of battling for the ball the half ended with me 2 squares from scoring after a double fail of a 3+ dodge for a score.

Second half is where it gets messy. It opens with Asgard Arctic Cats receiving the ball. Two uneventful turns later he makes an amazing pass play and gets the ball literally from one end to the other giving him a 1-0 lead. After that nuffle decided I must be punished for my arrogance. Failing a 3+ roll 5 times (two of those were sure hands rerolls to boot) leaving the ball in prime territory for the Norse to rush through and stomp all over my poor team. This is especially sad when you consider the first 4 came from my typical ghoul scoring machine who could not pick up the ball to save his life. The Norse showed no such difficulty. My team got knocked around from goal to goal racking up a lot more KOs against us despite the AV advantage.

Rough way to end the season, but thats how it goes I guess. At least I managed to nab an extra zombie.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Tiger Burning, I sent a Steam friend request to facilitate scheduling our matchup, in which the Division 1 title is on the line. If you win or tie, you're the champ, if I win, I'm the champ. Should be fun!

As for Stunty, I couldn't find The Inspector on Steam under any of the names I found listed in the thread, and I know you said your time was limited, so let me know what works the best for you and I'll see what I can do to fit your schedule.

TheInspector - @TheInspector - TheMountebank

50433.png?1708759015
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I've given Veevee the chance to raise and train a new runner.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Nuffle got back at me. Poor Fili, the level 5 57SPP Runner who was the backbone of An Unexpected Journey.

His Career ends with 758 yards running giving him 15 TDs and 2 MVPs. He will be missed.

all games played in Regular/Stunty/Speed have been validated.

50433.png?1708759015
    Also, non Blood Bowl related - Being that I'm an old Fucker and the Beastie Boys were a large part of my life, I just wanna say RIP MCA.

also, this video is hilarious, I wish I had seen it sooner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evA-R9OS-Vo

50433.png?1708759015
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular

@chrisnl

Accepted. I can play tonight or tomorrow night. Possibly tomorrow during the day as well. I'm GMT -4.

@Banzai5150

I think after this season I'm going to take a break for a while. I've lost the blood bowl bug for now. Thanks for organizing a great league, though.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    This was pretty awful all and all. The final score does not reflect the first half as is common with my games lately. First half was 0-0 with a few KOs and an injury a piece for both teams. 2 ejections from the Gnizmaniacs for fouling were held off by one kill which gave me a nice zombie to work with to help offset the ejections. After a lot of battling for the ball the half ended with me 2 squares from scoring after a double fail of a 3+ dodge for a score.

Second half is where it gets messy. It opens with Asgard Arctic Cats receiving the ball. Two uneventful turns later he makes an amazing pass play and gets the ball literally from one end to the other giving him a 1-0 lead. After that nuffle decided I must be punished for my arrogance. Failing a 3+ roll 5 times (two of those were sure hands rerolls to boot) leaving the ball in prime territory for the Norse to rush through and stomp all over my poor team. This is especially sad when you consider the first 4 came from my typical ghoul scoring machine who could not pick up the ball to save his life. The Norse showed no such difficulty. My team got knocked around from goal to goal racking up a lot more KOs against us despite the AV advantage.

Rough way to end the season, but thats how it goes I guess. At least I managed to nab an extra zombie.

Damn, was hoping you guys would draw so that I'd be promoted regardless. Guess I'll have to make sure I at least draw against Custom Special, then. Time to make some sacrifices to Nuffle. :D

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    When is reg league over?

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    when ever we get done with the 3rd round of games

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Booooooooooopp

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    ZH is streaming our speed league game now, my Midgard's Champs vs. Brigands Brigaid - http://www.livestream.com/coachzh

Please, call me ebo.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to take my spot in Regular League, I'd be willing to step down.
    But first, I have to crush Blitz with my terrible 'umies.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Is there a writeup of how all the money works before a game? Because I don't understand any of that shit, or how much I should be saving or whatever. It just all goes over my head.

steam_sig.png
    Is there a writeup of how all the money works before a game? Because I don't understand any of that shit, or how much I should be saving or whatever. It just all goes over my head.

I'm a new, but in my opinion you shouldn't use or save any of your money to spend on Inducements. If there is a large enough TV difference to give you cash take that and buy some things useful, otherwise I think it's better to put that cash to Rerolls, Apothecaries, Bench Depth if needed and some Cheerleaders/Assistant Coaches.

50433.png?1708759015
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I'm a new, but in my opinion you shouldn't use or save any of your money to spend on Inducements. If there is a large enough TV difference to give you cash take that and buy some things useful, otherwise I think it's better to put that cash to Rerolls, Apothecaries, Bench Depth if needed and some Cheerleaders/Assistant Coaches.
    ChrisNL did a good job explaining how cash affects inducements:
    The way inducement money is calculated is a little strange. If you add petty cash, it adds that amount to your TV for purposes of calculating the free inducement cash, so if you are 270 TV below and want to get to 300k, you literally would have to add in 300k gold, which would end up giving 30k inducement money to your opponent. Also, if you are ahead of your opponent in TV, and decide you want a wizard, the 150k you spend to get that wizard gets added into your opponent's petty cash.

The game does a terrible job of explaining this.
    As for which inducements to get, well, that's up to you. Can't really go wrong with an extra apothecary and extra rerolls early on.

Please, call me ebo.
  • TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    Sorry, I do still exist. Haven't had a week like this in a looong time. Hopefully, hopefully I'll get home before midnight (GMT) tomorrow and will be able to play a game or two if people are available. If not, I accept it's my fault we couldn't get the games in and Banzai can award you the wins.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
    Sorry, I do still exist. Haven't had a week like this in a looong time. Hopefully, hopefully I'll get home before midnight (GMT) tomorrow and will be able to play a game or two if people are available. If not, I accept it's my fault we couldn't get the games in and Banzai can award you the wins.

I, being the benevolent person I am, may grant you an extension, depending on the time frame and my mood.

50433.png?1708759015
    I'm around for league games this afternoon and evening, East Coast USA. I may be in and out of other games, but I'm not planning on doing anything time critical so feel free to send me a message on Steam. Just be aware that the Steam overlay doesn't work perfectly if I'm in EQ2, so in that case a PM on the boards may be better.

steam_sig.png
    Fooms and I got our stunty league game in last night. The first, absolute first thing I did was receive the kick then use my chainsaw on his Krox and rolled double 1's and got stunned. The game just went down hill from there.

Managed to BH his krox into missing next game. You're welcome whoever has to play him

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I am currently in the middle of what one might consider family strife, so Please give dudeman the win in our game, I will be dropping out of the next league seeing as i don't see having time to play any time soon.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

chrisnl, SesshouBB, I'm home and even managed to eat a meal. Let me know if you can play. :)

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Yeah...finishing up my game with Blitzace.
    I'm definitely out of regular when the 'season' is up. Someone can have my spot. This game is a grand total of NO fun when all I do is roll 1s all game.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Played my stunty game against chrisnl & SesshouBB, who apparently are the same person!

I ended up winning 1-0 with my goblins. It was a true stunty match with most injuries self-inflicted and crazy plays going horribly wrong. Fun times. :D

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    @Banzai5150 is the regular league getting rolled over shortly? Doc and I haven't got our game in. I had a busy weekend and then was sick on Sunday to top it all off so we haven't been able to match up. Not sure how beneficial an extension would be either, unless its a whole week which is probably too much. Being the goblin team I am happy to take a 1-0 loss if you need to roll the week over.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    The stunty match today was pretty hilarious, it started out going extremely well for my flings, but a blocking mistake doomed my first half drive to not score. The second half went well for the goblins and they were stalling before scoring (as any good goblin should!), so I managed to get a 1d block on the stalling goblin and pushed him into the end zone so I would have three turns to attempt to even up the score. Alas, the last two fling turns and the last goblin turn all ended on the first block with a result of attacker down / both down. It was a very amusing match.

I'm still hopeful to get the match with Tiger Burning done, but I haven't seen him online today at all. Hope everything is alright with him.

steam_sig.png
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Gonna put the write up for the match between Custom Special and myself in spoiler tags, because this one is entirely too long.
    The final match of Division 3 in the Regular League, deciding the fate of all four teams, reached its conclusion a short while ago. The High Elves of the Pompous Pompadours, fighting for a place in Division 2, against the Humans of the Old Faithfuls, fighting to stay up. A draw would see the Pomps promoted, while a loss would see the Asgard Arctic Cats take the top spot. The Old Faithfuls needed to win big to remain in Division 3; nothing else would do.

Due to having an exceedingly high casualty rate, the Faithfuls had to hire 2 merc linemen. This still left them with 200k of inducement money, 3/4 of which was spent on a wizard, while the rest was spent on booze and women. The Faithfuls lost the toss, and the Pomps chose to receive.

The match started with a Perfect Defense strategy, allowing the Faithfuls to compensate for the Pomps' increasingly random formations. Arlathtan Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman) picked up the ball, made a handoff to Menanornion 'Mohawk' Elenethir (Pomps, Thrower), who then ran down the left hand side. Seeing Rission 'Rattail' Telthanthor (Pomps, Blitzer) in the open, he made a pass, only for Rattail to drop it. Uther Meinard (Faithfuls, Thrower) tried to grab the loose ball, only for it to slip through his normally sure hands. Mohawk ran in to free up the ball, only to fracture his arm doing so. The failure fest continued, as one of the merc linemen for the Faithful managed to knock himself down while taking down an opponent. Arcaunar 'Anime' Larenglinaeil (Pomps, Lineman) finally ended the blooper reel, running in and picking the ball up, before launching it to the new guy, Garnon 'Ginger' Cuyaian (Pomps, Catcher) in the endzone. The pass completed to make it 1-0 Pomps.

The Faithful made a quick snap on their drive, allowing them to advance a short distance while Uther was given the ball, which had landed off the field of play. Advancing down the left, he was soon rushed by 2 of the Pomps, thanks to a boneheaded Dagg Odd (Faithfuls, Ogre) forgetting to stop them. Uther dodged out, made a successful pass to Hans Lamprecht (Faithful, Catcher) in coverage, who then continued the run down the left. A series of unsuccessful blocks saw Rattail surfed by Gunther Smutzer (Faithful, Blitzer), buying Hans enough time to run down the clock in the corner. Some Pomps linemen tried to apply pressure, but without enough numbers, Hans was able to run the clock, leaving only a small amount of time in the half as he ran in the equalizing touchdown. 1-1.

The Faithful's kickoff coordination continued to shine, as they blitzed off the kick. The ball landed out of bounds, and was given to Arlathtan, who promptly showed that even elves can suck at throwing, failing to make a pass while standing in front of the target. Neville Longblocker (Faithful, Blitzer) saw a chance to put on the hurt, initially smashing Horthborn Barbershop's (Pomps, Lineman) collarbone, until the apothecary proved himself extremely good at his job, completely healing him for the next drive. Detlef Ottmann (Faithful, Blitzer) grabbed the loose ball, only to fail the vanity pass to Gunther. End of half, and the score was tied 1-1, with the Faithful receiving next half.

Which is when all hell broke loose. The Pomps' fans, sensing a potential loss, started ripping up the terraces, which soon became a full scale riot. When the dust settled, the referee ran on the clock slightly, and play got underway again. Uther picked up the ball down the left, only for it to fall behind him while passing. Rattail blitzed in and grabbed the ball safely. The Faithful were unable to dispossess him, and then things took a turn for the worse, as Arlathtan removed Detlef for the rest of the game, with Daugien Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman) making Gunther follow him to the injury box. Rattail made the pass to Ginger, allowing him to run in his second touchdown on his debut. 2-1 Pomps.

Both sets of fans decided this would be an appropriate time to let the referee know what they thought of his decisions thus far, and after a replacement was found, the Pomps kicked off. Once again, the Pomps showed an apparent inability to use their feet, with the ball landing beyond the sideline again. Uther was given the ball, and began to run to the right, before throwing a short pass to Hans. Hans somehow let the ball slip through his fingers, allowing Daugien 'Dreads' Undoos (Pomps, Lineman) to rush in and knock him out. Ginger grabbed the ball and advanced down the middle of the field. Barranion 'Buzzcut' Kiendian (Pomps, Lineman) then decided to have a fist fight with Enan the Bawler (Faithful, Lineman), only for both fists to connect with the opponent's face at the same time, sending them both off the field to shake off their dizzyness. Dagg decided to show that he can move as well as an elf, dodging from his man to blitz Ginger, leaving him to recuperate for the rest of the game. Uther picked up the loose ball easily, but then failed to make the pass. At which point, the call went to the stands for Rincewind to send in a fireball... which only managed to stun 1 of his 3 targets. Horthborn, narrowly avoiding the flames, grabbed the ball from Uther's feet, and dodged away, while all his nearby teammates started to provide blocking coverage. Horthborn made a short pass to Rattail, having made his way close to the endzone. Seeing Uther in a position to put pressure on the ball carrier, Dreads took matters into his own hands, smashing the thrower's collarbone. The apothecary rushed on and managed to mostly heal it, but not fully. Rattail was left free to run in the touchdown with little time remaining for a comeback, 3-1 Pomps.

...but then the fans started brawling again. After enough of them had been knocked out, the referee rolled back the clock slightly, before play resumed. Seeing the end of the game near, with a successful result, the Pomps pulled back their most essential players, leaving 3 lineman on the line of scrimmage. The Faithful used this chance to punch the hell out of them, with Daugien being stunned then fouled. Stefan Wulf (Faithful, Blitzer), not used to being the kickoff receiver, failed the pickup. Anime tried to dodge away from the wall of blockers, only to trip and knock himself out. Daugien was fouled again, but to no lasting effect. The final action of the game was Dagg showing Stefan how to pick up the ball, only to fail a vanity pass. Final score, Pompous Pompadours 3, Old Faithfuls 1. Pomps secure promotion with a perfect record.

Gunther got the MVP for the Old Faithful, with no level ups. Anime got my MVP, with Rattail, Daugien, Arlathtan, Anime, and Ginger all levelling. Sucks that I'm without my thrower for the first game of next season, but having Horthborn at AG 5 gives me a good replacement, at least. The first half, I'd say Custom got marginally better dice, but they sucked for both of us, really. Second half, my dice improved dramatically (I had 2/3 rerolls left), while Custom's somehow got way worse. At least no-one died, I guess.

Replay file is here.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    @Banzai5150 is the regular league getting rolled over shortly? Doc and I haven't got our game in. I had a busy weekend and then was sick on Sunday to top it all off so we haven't been able to match up. Not sure how beneficial an extension would be either, unless its a whole week which is probably too much. Being the goblin team I am happy to take a 1-0 loss if you need to roll the week over.

Regular League is on the Last Week of the Season so take however long people need to get them played.

50433.png?1708759015
    It's strange... The Regular League's week has come to and end, and though I said take time if needed, only one group that was having issues connecting up contacted me to tell me they might be late, yet got it done in time. Now then I can't point fingers to much as I'm in this list of unplayed games, but really? Less than half the games have been played? Are we losing steam for the game? I understand the bad dice as much as the next person, but I really need to know if it's worth my time to try and keep these 3 Leagues running?

Regular League
    SesshouBB vs Tiger Burning
    Dudeman vs [PA]Draeven
    TheInspector vs TheLawinator
    Banzai5150 vs WSDX
    Stopgap vs Palington
    papercuts6 vs Mallishious
    Docshifty vs KafkaAU
    Kafkanhound vs Moridin889

Speed League
    Banzai5150 vs mrt1212(mrt mentioned he'd be out of town)
    Docshifty vs Stopgap

Stunty League
    mrt1212 vs TNTrooper(mrt mentioned he'd be out of town)

I know several have mentioned Real life causing issues and Nuffle being an ass to them and what not, so we'll be losing people the end of this season. Do we have 3 or 4 people wanting to replace them?

p.s. I'm tired and cranky, so take it all with a grain of salt right now.

50433.png?1708759015
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Talked to MRT he wasn't able to do the game tonight but we will do it tomorrow night.

steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Stopgap and I are trying for our game early this week, just been really busy.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    I will gladly join the regular league. How regular does the stunty league play? That sounds hilariously fun.

gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
    Stunty league is generally a one game per week schedule, unless people get it done faster. Stunty really is flat out hilarious, because there really is no way to take it seriously.

steam_sig.png
    You know I want regular league

• DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    Stunty league is generally a one game per week schedule, unless people get it done faster. Stunty really is flat out hilarious, because there really is no way to take it seriously.
    Then I shall attempt at humor.

gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
    It's strange... The Regular League's week has come to and end, and though I said take time if needed, only one group that was having issues connecting up contacted me to tell me they might be late, yet got it done in time. Now then I can't point fingers to much as I'm in this list of unplayed games, but really? Less than half the games have been played? Are we losing steam for the game? I understand the bad dice as much as the next person, but I really need to know if it's worth my time to try and keep these 3 Leagues running?

Regular League
    SesshouBB vs Tiger Burning
    Dudeman vs [PA]Draeven
    TheInspector vs TheLawinator
    Banzai5150 vs WSDX
    Stopgap vs Palington
    papercuts6 vs Mallishious
    Docshifty vs KafkaAU
    Kafkanhound vs Moridin889

Speed League
    Banzai5150 vs mrt1212(mrt mentioned he'd be out of town)
    Docshifty vs Stopgap

Stunty League

I know several have mentioned Real life causing issues and Nuffle being an ass to them and what not, so we'll be losing people the end of this season. Do we have 3 or 4 people wanting to replace them?

p.s. I'm tired and cranky, so take it all with a grain of salt right now.
    I still like playing. :(

Please, call me ebo.