As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about Diablo 3, baby

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    has rates for cashing out, posting etc. you can input prices to compare between gold and RM, and track over time

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i no longer even remotely care about keeping up with you at this game

lfYVHTd.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Yeah

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    BRT, if I supply you with gear, and you sling it on the AH, how much of a cut do I get?

ah, i'm not really sure i'm the person you want for that

i was just kind of downloading the spreadsheet out of boredom and procrastination

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I mean, I intend to make gold/money on the auction house
    but who knows how that will actually turn out

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i doubt you'll make more than the cost of a takeout/case of pbr every week

yeah, I'm pretty sure it won't be much
    still fun to do

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    i doubt you'll make more than the cost of a takeout/case of pbr every week

that is enough to live on right there. takeout, pbr and diablo 3.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    How much money could you make in an MMO like EVE online?

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    What's an auction house spreadsheet for?

Revenge_Of_The_Nerds.jpg

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    How much money could you make in an MMO like EVE online?
    Some people make billions a week
    A PLEX is, depending on when and where, about 300 mil and worth about $25

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    BRT, we should team up and make all the monies.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Cross-postin'

Launch Day Prep Guide

Highlights:
    Early Install
    We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

Global Play Launch Time
    We’ll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas’ midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15.

Launch Night Login
    Please be aware that a delay of up to 40 seconds is possible while the game attempts to connect you. If your connection doesn’t succeed in 40 seconds, you’ll be presented with an Error 37 message and asked to try again. If you see this error it does in fact mean that you should try again.

captaink on
    So by 8:30am PDT, someone will have found a way to break the always-online authentication crap, and have launched their own server?

LTM wrote: »
    So by 8:30am PDT, someone will have found a way to break the always-online authentication crap, and have launched their own server?

It's probably not hard to point the login to somewhere else, it wasn't in WoW. The trick will be making a private server worth a damn.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    But I'm already at work at 8 am PDT (11am in the one true time zone)

worst pre-install ever

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »

worst pre-install ever

That's just for installing. It shouldn't take long.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Really wish I had a computer that could play D3

Fuck I gotta get on that

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about the installer part.

Is it possible to set up as a Scheduled Task?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

worst pre-install ever

boycott

• SyrellisSyrellis Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Cross-postin'

Launch Day Prep Guide

Highlights:
    Early Install
    We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

Global Play Launch Time
    We’ll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas’ midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15.

Launch Night Login
    Please be aware that a delay of up to 40 seconds is possible while the game attempts to connect you. If your connection doesn’t succeed in 40 seconds, you’ll be presented with an Error 37 message and asked to try again. If you see this error it does in fact mean that you should try again.

Ack, PDT? Now I've gotta wait past midnight to play!

I should just pick up and move to a PDT timezone. That'll solve all my problems.

I'm debating taking that day off work, and I wonder if I stay up till 2, or knock off really early and wake up at 6 or something

so i can actually install d3 at 1am on may 14th

and servers unlock at 11pm

fffuck thats going to be a long day

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    What does everyone think. This is a tank/blender monk
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UeXifh!cdU!ccacac

Idea is just to pull everything in, and tank it while dealing aoe/proximity damage.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Syrellis wrote: »
    Cross-postin'

Launch Day Prep Guide

Highlights:
    Early Install

Global Play Launch Time

Launch Night Login

I should just pick up and move to a PDT timezone. That'll solve all my problems.

That's just for global play. I'm pretty sure they said at one point it'll be available at 12 am EST for ESTers. WoW always is, anyway.

Cilla Black on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh good. Because waiting an extra two hours to stay up all night would suck

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm getting a physical copy plus I work that day

But hopefully it'll arrive before I get home!

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I will have to wait for a physical copy of the CE.

If it does not arrive on release day, so help me God there will be blood.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That's why I love Amazon's release day delivery.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I've got the annual pass and the release day delivery of the CE coming

best of both worlds!

oh no my moneys

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Cross-postin'

Launch Day Prep Guide

Highlights:
    Early Install

Global Play Launch Time

Launch Night Login

That's just for global play. I'm pretty sure they said at one point it'll be available at 12 am EST for ESTers. WoW always is, anyway.

No. North Americans have to wait until Midnight PDT.

• SyrellisSyrellis Registered User regular
    My work was nice enough to give me the 15th and 16th off.

I am going to waste away in those two days.

carrot sticks, ranch dip and beer will be my diablo fuel

To elaborate, Global Play is the thing where you can change what region you are playing in. So Euro players can play on North American servers with their Euro copy of the game. Characters are region-restricted though, and you can't use the RMAH outside your region.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I took the day off
    So'd my wife
    Gonna kill demons

mkc.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Cross-postin'

Launch Day Prep Guide

Highlights:
    Early Install

Global Play Launch Time

Launch Night Login

...for what?

you guys are all terrible at communicating

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I took the day off
    So'd my wife
    Gonna kill demons

I am so tempted to come down with a case of whogivesafuck that day

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I have class that day

boooo

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Cross-postin'

Launch Day Prep Guide

Highlights:
    Early Install

Global Play Launch Time

Launch Night Login

...for what?

you guys are all terrible at communicating
    Monday 8:01 AM PDT - installable.
    Tuesday 12:01 AM PDT - playable.

for EST, 11 am and 3 am.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
This discussion has been closed.