As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I already told you Koopah; Zombie Tara.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    My bet is on ghost.

steam_sig.png
    God I hope it's not a ghost. Then anyone who dies can come back as a ghost. Sure, there is serious comedy potential with her and Lafayette, but ugh. Maybe as a ghost she won't be as terrified and whiney?

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    We've already had ghosts. In fact we've had two season 1 characters come back as ghosts.

Yeah, but Tara ghost would always be around. Which is what they want. Which......just feels....cheap. She should stay dead. Sometimes dead is better.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    There's an obvious problem going on when I'm more interested in the Asian girlfriend who was in like 3-4 episodes, than I am in Tara who's been in for 4 (now 5) seasons,

I remember when Tara was considered a highlight from season 1, how far we have come.

steam_sig.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I remember when Tara was considered a highlight from season 1, how far we have come.

Well, I don't think she's in the books past the first, so they had to come up with brand new plots for her... which generally meant that she generally just ended up being terrorized by a new monster each season. Last season was actually her character's high point post S1, and all it was was her getting mixed up with the big bad and having conflicting feelings about the whole deal. Sure wish they'd done more with her badass MMA stuff.

So Ghost Tara might actually be good. Give her powers and an agenda, and let her have some agency already, instead of just being a victim all the time.

I take it you haven't read the books then, she is definitely in the books past the first and do try to trust me when I say show Tara was better than book Tara, considerably so. Same with a lot of characters IMHO, especially Lafayette and Sookie's brother. At this point, the show and the books only have characters with the same names, pretty much close to everything else has changed.

steam_sig.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I take it you haven't read the books then, she is definitely in the books past the first and do try to trust me when I say show Tara was better than book Tara, considerably so. Same with a lot of characters IMHO, especially Lafayette and Sookie's brother. At this point, the show and the books only have characters with the same names, pretty much close to everything else has changed.

Probably confusing her with Lafayette in the books.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btprx6JEEGU

Looks like we're getting into some serious shit now. Time for some answers.

• Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Russell Edington is perhaps the best villain in the history of entertainment.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2012
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    Russell Edington is perhaps the best villain in the history of entertainment.
    Nope. Clearly the Mayor in Buffy the Vampire Slayer wins that vote.

Capt Howdy on
    Tara is barely in the books at all. I don't know that all of her scenes put together would equal two pages. She's white, owns a clothing boutique, is married and has twin babies.

The closest you'd get to Tara in the books is her witch friend whose name I forgot, but she wasn't a complete ass 99% of the time.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I kinda hope Tara is dead. They didn't have anything for her to do this season.

• HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Hot and Nerdy Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    I kinda hope Tara is dead. They didn't have anything for her to do this season.

I actually agree. Her charector role is spent!

girl.jpg
    But just imagine all the awesome comedic things she'll have to do as a ghost! She'll yell at Sookie and get mad that she can't hear her. I'm sure we'll get plenty of Tara taking over Lafayette's body scenes, which will lead to HILARITY! And who isn't looking forward to Tara's coming to grips with being dead emotional rollercoaster ride!

FUCK YEAH!!!!
    In case it's not obvious, I wish she would just stay dead too.

Capt Howdy wrote: »
    But just imagine all the awesome comedic things she'll have to do as a ghost! She'll yell at Sookie and get mad that she can't hear her. I'm sure we'll get plenty of Tara taking over Lafayette's body scenes, which will lead to HILARITY! And who isn't looking forward to Tara's coming to grips with being dead emotional rollercoaster ride!

FUCK YEAH!!!!
    In case it's not obvious, I wish she would just stay dead too.

Technically if she were a ghost she would be dead. Just not the type of dead people want.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    When I said stayed dead, I meant gone from the show forever. It'd be good for the show to have a main character like her be gone. Up the ante, make people thingk mains can and will go bye bye, etc.

I just thought of the worst twist imaginable.

GhostTara takes over Lafayette's body and from then all the viewer or other characters sees or hears of Lafayette is Tara.

Invisible wrote: »
    I just thought of the worst twist imaginable.

GhostTara takes over Lafayette's body and from then all the viewer or other characters sees or hears of Lafayette is Tara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7BKQZ-LOw

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I want Ghost Tara to possess Lafayette and then have sex with Naomi, resulting in everybody being completely grossed out afterwards.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    So... everyone dies? Sounds like fun :)

steam_sig.png
    Goth Hoyt?

Lord help us.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

IIRC the author and Alan Ball don't get along. They're both doing their own thing.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Jesus, that looked like a bad underword ripoff.

Sookie and Eric and Bill walking through the building wearing all black leather with blue overtones everywhere.

Also apparently she's actually an X-Man now I guess.

Still going to watch it, but yeah, yeah...

are YOU on the beer list?
    Also apparently she's actually an X-Man now I guess.

Well, she does have the experience . . .

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    At least is looks like the SFX budget got a nice bump this season. That's something.

At least is looks like the SFX budget got a nice bump this season. That's something.

Yeah. I mean I never really went to True Blood for story. It was always okay at best with a few good twists here and there. Those cliffhangers though are usually pretty damn good.

Also more Jessica in Lingerie HRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Mmmmm Jessica in lingerie. I watch the show for her mainly.

Also what was up with Eric and Pam sharing a bed like a married suburban couple? That's going to need some explaining.

edited May 2012
    New Poster.

Spoilered for Size:
    true-blood-5-gimme.jpg

KoopahTroopah on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    True Blood: you come for the sadomasochistic vampire sex, but you stay for

well

the promise of sadomasochistic vampire sex.

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Don't forget this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1DYTKXPhUs

This clip... just this clip... IS SO AWESOME!!1!

Still the highlight of the series in my opinion, no cliffhanger has matched it since, no villain has matched Russel Edgington.

In the Mayor Vs Russel competition there is not really a contest. Russel is what the Mayor would look like if he wasn't confined to Network television.

Food for thought: a cable version of Buffy? Buffy is as whiny as Tara, but with better cause.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Don't forget this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1DYTKXPhUs

This clip... just this clip... IS SO AWESOME!!1!

Still the highlight of the series in my opinion, no cliffhanger has matched it since, no villain has matched Russel Edgington.

In the Mayor Vs Russel competition there is not really a contest. Russel is what the Mayor would look like if he wasn't confined to Network television.

Food for thought: a cable version of Buffy? Buffy is as whiny as Tara, but with better cause.

Don't you dare compare Buffy to Tara. Buffy is nothing like Tara.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    If anything a slayer (or the slayer, depending on which season you are up to) is more like Sookie :)

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2012
    If anything a slayer (or the slayer, depending on which season you are up to) is more like Sookie :)

This. I actually like Faith a lot more than Buffy though. She's spunky. Also Eliza :)

Oh my god, the Buffy episode where they switch bodies? SO GOOD! Fuck I might have to make a Buffy/Angel thread lol.

KoopahTroopah on
    Getting close now. Watching some repeats on HBO of season 4. Almost forgot how sexy Jessica is.

It's good too because after the GoT season finale, I'll have nothing else to watch but True Blood.