As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Forum Badges

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    yay!!!

Forum badges!

I have mine from 2010, can't wait to get this years! Oh holy smokes so excited

• reyesdreyesd Registered User regular
    Since I'm officially registered now, yay, forum badges! It's one of those things that makes PAX extra special. Last year, my name was next to Khoo. That's like almost being awesome.

• mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Love it. Can't wait for it to join my east 2012 badge.

• WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Posting up in this thread.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I'm liking the theme!

• anathaleanathale Registered User regular
    Looks good

• Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    Consider myself participated! They look awesome, as always. I certainly wouldn't mind donating a few bucks if there were a place for donating a few bucks.

Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the feedback all, it's much appreciated. I shall be making a new version of the back later today, so if you can provide some comment on it, I'd appreciate it.

As for paying for them, that isn't necessary thank you :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Hello Kropotkin! I managed to snag passes and I damn sure want another Forumer Badge this year =) Thanks for keeping up with these, they are very awesome.

• SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Yay, Forum Badges. I'll definitely be picking one of these again!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    This year's design looks great!! Looking forward to snagging one of these prior to the drunken festivities :rotate:

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    Is that black monotone due to cost or logistic limitations? Given the old-timey font I feel it would look appropriate to have a sepia/yellowish cast to it.

vhkbviT.png
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Posting for spot on badge

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
    Alphonsis wrote: »
    Is that black monotone due to cost or logistic limitations? Given the old-timey font I feel it would look appropriate to have a sepia/yellowish cast to it.

The idea is that the newspaper is brand new, not aged at all. It's supposed to be set in the mid-1800's, not from it.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Another awesome badge, Kropotkin. Looking forward to my first PAX Prime!

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    Forum badges ftw!

• tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    The badges look amazing! I am really digging the theme for the back!

Keep up the awesome work sir!

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    I shall be participating in my customary 5+ community events this year. HUZZAH!

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    great looking badge - I needs to be adding to my collection of badges ;)

• Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    Three words: Spec. Tac. Ular.

If I were forced at gunpoint to choose one thing to tweak/change, it would be to swap the leg-o-mutton on the lower left with a Minecraftian cooked porkchop. Again, only if forced at gunpoint, it's really a perfect design already.

Also throwing in an "Aye" for the heraldry-on-a-pin idea - maybe it could even be done more in a medal-type fashion, like the Mass Effect 3 medals from 2011.

Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • ad1had1h Raleigh, NCRegistered User regular
    The forum badge looks sick kropotkin - count me in!

• ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Badges look good again this year Kropotkin. Also was good meeting you last year.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Count me in.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Very good. Can I have a spot on the badge please? The back of the badge reminds me of this book we are reading in school called Octavian Nothing.

Zoroark173 on
  • mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    Great design. This being my first PAX, I'm planning on attending the PPD and TWDT, to soak up the full experience. I'd love to be on the badge, but I understand if I'm too new.

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • jev117jev117 Registered User regular
    Hm. I can haz my name on badge?

• SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I love the back! The front looks almost identical to last years' badge (don't have it near me, so I can't check x3 ) Maybe you could match the front and the back? Make the front all Western-y and old time-y? :3 That would be cool, like "Ye Olde PAX Forum Membership".

Edit: How do we go about getting our handles on the back? :3 I'd be very honored to be included, even though I'm a forum newbie. x3 I understand if I can't be on it.

Silvertwinn on
    Here as promised is version 2 of the back of the forum badge. I've amended the sign off at the bottom and have added a sepia filter to the image as well to give it that extra period finish.
    PAX_Prime_2012_PA_Forum_Badge_Back_V2.jpg

Again the names on the back are placeholders and are not the final list of forum members who will be named on the back. I also spot some people asking to have their names on the back and saying they aren't long enough on the forums to have that right. Tenure of membership of the PAX forums is not relevant! All you need to do is at the very least participate in this thread!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This prime I need to remember to grab one :P

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Very cool. I love the look of this!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    That is one classy lookin' badge you got there

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    @kropotkin

To contradict the comma suggestion: I think you'd actually get a cleaner look and a more distinct separation using dots a mid-height instead of commas. Imagine the dashes are dots.

GrabbyHands - PookiePants - CTSamurai - FFDeluxe

vs

GrabbyHands, PookiePants, CTSamurai, FFDeluxe

Just my $.02 (which in Canada, you can't pay anymore since they got rid of the penny).

• CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    i'd love to get my name on this badge ;-; it would be the coolest reminder of my first PAX

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    I had a bit of a tough time looking for the BYOC to pick up the badges at PAX East this year. SAD DAY! I managed to find it though like at the very last minute! >.< Hopefully it'll be easier to find the badges! Cannot wait!

• lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    These look great! Looking forward to picking mine up at the TWDT. I haven't made it to that in years past, but I'm going this year for sure!

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    So cool! I hadn't noticed that my name was on there. You must've lifted the image fromt he east badge. Lols.

The new phrasing fits much better. Love it. I do like @SquirrelOnFire's idea of using dots to separate the names. Good idea.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Looking real good Kropotkin! I really like the added sepia filter. Definitely makes it look more time period-y.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Ooh, I like the old-timey back this year.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    @kropotkin

To contradict the comma suggestion: I think you'd actually get a cleaner look and a more distinct separation using dots a mid-height instead of commas. Imagine the dashes are dots.

vs

Just my $.02 (which in Canada, you can't pay anymore since they got rid of the penny).

I like that idea but judging from the prototype the extra spaces needed for it might create one too many lines of names to fit in.

@kropotkin

vs

This came up before during the development of the PAX East badge and was not adopted on the grounds that the font didn't support it, it would be a pain to include thanks to me editing this in Photoshop and not InDesign and a lack of space. Thanks for the feedback though!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

This discussion has been closed.